Jump to topic:

Voting outside the two major parties.

Danimal4NU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 6:19:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Hillary vs Trump debate is a turd-polishing contest. Neither of these shady operators should be president. Who else is taking their vote outside the major parties? To whom and why that candidate?

I'm a middle-of-the-road independent that leans towards moderate libertarianism. I'm voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with him on everything but with congress to keep him in-check from doing anything too "over the top" I think he'd do a lot of good. We desperately need a prez that believes in free-markets over crony capitalism, eliminating government waste, fiscal responsibility, individual rights, and looking for solutions other than just adding more laws/regulations/government/taxes.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 6:31:15 PM
At 9/1/2016 6:19:43 PM, Danimal4NU wrote:
Hillary vs Trump debate is a turd-polishing contest. Neither of these shady operators should be president. Who else is taking their vote outside the major parties? To whom and why that candidate?

I'm a middle-of-the-road independent that leans towards moderate libertarianism. I'm voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with him on everything but with congress to keep him in-check from doing anything too "over the top" I think he'd do a lot of good. We desperately need a prez that believes in free-markets over crony capitalism, eliminating government waste, fiscal responsibility, individual rights, and looking for solutions other than just adding more laws/regulations/government/taxes.

And your not going to get what you want by voting third party at the top of the ticket. Simple as that.

The two party system for POTUS is just about the only way to fill the spot. In congressional races etc. running and voting for third party's is well and good. Not for President.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 7:55:57 PM
At 9/1/2016 6:31:15 PM, TBR wrote:

And your not going to get what you want by voting third party at the top of the ticket. Simple as that.

The two party system for POTUS is just about the only way to fill the spot. In congressional races etc. running and voting for third party's is well and good. Not for President.

Very true, especially in this one where they are both horrible. In a year where the 2 choices where closer to the middle, then perhaps supporting a 3rd party to get that party more well know for the future might be useful, but this time....won't help imo.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:08:42 PM

I'm a middle-of-the-road independent that leans towards moderate libertarianism. I'm voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with him on everything but with congress to keep him in-check from doing anything too "over the top" I think he'd do a lot of good. We desperately need a prez that believes in free-markets over crony capitalism, eliminating government waste, fiscal responsibility, individual rights, and looking for solutions other than just adding more laws/regulations/government/taxes. : :

All these things you're looking for in a president is exactly what Donald Trump is talking about. He's the only one talking about solving problems. Gary Johnson is a pot user so he's not a very reliable leader when it comes to national security. He might be okay to keep the potheads happy but that's about it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:43:37 PM
At 9/1/2016 8:08:42 PM, JB009 wrote:

I'm a middle-of-the-road independent that leans towards moderate libertarianism. I'm voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with him on everything but with congress to keep him in-check from doing anything too "over the top" I think he'd do a lot of good. We desperately need a prez that believes in free-markets over crony capitalism, eliminating government waste, fiscal responsibility, individual rights, and looking for solutions other than just adding more laws/regulations/government/taxes. : :

All these things you're looking for in a president is exactly what Donald Trump is talking about. He's the only one talking about solving problems. Gary Johnson is a pot user so he's not a very reliable leader when it comes to national security. He might be okay to keep the potheads happy but that's about it.

Dumbest critique ever. No, I mean this. In my entire time on this site, this is it - the stupidest ever.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:49:04 PM
At 9/1/2016 8:43:37 PM, TBR wrote:

Dumbest critique ever. No, I mean this. In my entire time on this site, this is it - the stupidest ever.

Don't worry op. He said the same to me. "Stupid" is TBR's word for the month. You make sense, he calls it stupid, you rebuttal, he becomes an emotional headcase, feelings are hurt beyond measure, and the real man in theargument unphased by insignificant chatter, doesn't even initially realize they rebuttled against the mindset of a five year old princess in a pink dress.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:06:39 PM

As TBR said, you'll achieve nothing by voting third party as long as the two-party system exists, it simply has far too much power. There's a lot of voters who don't ever see anything besides GOP and Dems, so they'll all be choosing one of them. Especially with the lack of popularity given by the media for third party candidates, there's simply no chance on the presidential level.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:10:30 PM
At 9/1/2016 10:06:39 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

As TBR said, you'll achieve nothing by voting third party as long as the two-party system exists, it simply has far too much power. There's a lot of voters who don't ever see anything besides GOP and Dems, so they'll all be choosing one of them. Especially with the lack of popularity given by the media for third party candidates, there's simply no chance on the presidential level.

That's what many colonists thought of the British. A defeated mindset will lead to a horrible leader. Choosing a horrible leader that lies to you to make you feel you have the same worldview accomplishes nothing. The only way to accomplish it is sheeple saying "screw it" and doing the right thing.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:22:26 PM
At 9/1/2016 10:10:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's what many colonists thought of the British. A defeated mindset will lead to a horrible leader. Choosing a horrible leader that lies to you to make you feel you have the same worldview accomplishes nothing. The only way to accomplish it is sheeple saying "screw it" and doing the right thing.

No, it's entirely different. We live with a two-party system, complete in power. The ONLY way to have another leader elected would be to so severely fragment one of the two political parties where EVERYONE realizes it is no longer fit to be there. At that point, and ONLY at that point, will there be a chance of someone outside of the confines of the GOP/Dems being elected.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 11:39:59 PM
At 9/1/2016 10:22:26 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

No, it's entirely different. We live with a two-party system, complete in power. The ONLY way to have another leader elected would be to so severely fragment one of the two political parties where EVERYONE realizes it is no longer fit to be there. At that point, and ONLY at that point, will there be a chance of someone outside of the confines of the GOP/Dems being elected.

We all know the system sucks and its leaders are evil. So don't vote for them. Vote for someone else. All it would take is an independent getting close and in four years people will begin to believe it can be done. After one single term, the establishment would be in trouble...barring they don't rig thesystem...

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:05:15 AM
At 9/1/2016 8:49:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Don't worry op. He said the same to me.
I meant it then, and now. You have been usurped.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:15:12 AM
At 9/2/2016 12:05:15 AM, TBR wrote:
At 9/1/2016 8:49:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Don't worry op. He said the same to me.
I meant it then, and now. You have been usurped.

So anyone who thinks liberals with "white privelege, internet access, cable, a computer, etc don't "need more benefits" is "stupid"? Let me find a donkey, turn it around, and introduce you to your long lost twin brother.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:25:57 AM
At 9/1/2016 11:39:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

We all know the system sucks and its leaders are evil. So don't vote for them. Vote for someone else. All it would take is an independent getting close and in four years people will begin to believe it can be done. After one single term, the establishment would be in trouble...barring they don't rig thesystem...

Sure. But, like I said, way too many people would never vote for an independent.
JB009
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 5:02:55 AM

Dumbest critique ever. No, I mean this. In my entire time on this site, this is it - the stupidest ever. : :

Only dumb people vote for someone who can't possibly win. That's like picking the worst NFL team to win the Super Bowl.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 6:50:30 AM

I disagree, the teaparty vote is what ushered Trump into office. Even though the teaparty actually won a handful of congressional elections, it was enough to force a shift in the GOP. Third party votes are a mandate for one of the 2 parties to change to accommodate those votes.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 8:43:53 AM
At 9/2/2016 1:25:57 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/1/2016 11:39:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Sure. But, like I said, way too many people would never vote for an independent.

So the answer is to lay down and vote for someone evil simply to counter voting for someone of equal evilness who is only evil in another form.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:00:19 AM
At 9/2/2016 6:50:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I disagree, the teaparty vote is what ushered Trump into office. Even though the teaparty actually won a handful of congressional elections, it was enough to force a shift in the GOP. Third party votes are a mandate for one of the 2 parties to change to accommodate those votes.

Fortunately for the world Trump is not in office, and is never likely to be.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:01:47 AM
At 9/2/2016 9:00:19 AM, desmac wrote:

Never say never Justin Bieber.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:03:57 AM
At 9/2/2016 9:01:47 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/2/2016 9:00:19 AM, desmac wrote:

Never say never Justin Bieber.

He would probably make a better president than Trump. But there again, so would a three toed sloth.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:40:22 AM

What's your thoughts on progressivism? Considering its overall historical context.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 12:13:21 AM

I'm voting for Jill Stein. I am very proud to say I played a part in getting her on the ballot here in Kansas.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 12:13:48 AM
At 9/1/2016 7:55:57 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/1/2016 6:31:15 PM, TBR wrote:

Very true, especially in this one where they are both horrible. In a year where the 2 choices where closer to the middle, then perhaps supporting a 3rd party to get that party more well know for the future might be useful, but this time....won't help imo.

If not now when?