Jump to topic:

Refund????????

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 12:29:31 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
So I get a check for $109.71 in addition to my regular paycheck. I ask what is this for. I am told it is a refund or money back on my health insurance premiums I have paid all year. I think to my self, why in the hell am I getting money back? Then I think to myself how many thousands of accounting and regulation compliance man hours were spent from the highest places in the federal govt state govt and the accounting office was spent in order to figure out that I should be reimbursed $109.71. It probably cost the taxpayers of this country $10,000 to give me back $109,71 of my own money. Truly the most pathetic thing I have ever seen yet from my govt.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 1:17:03 AM
At 9/3/2016 12:29:31 AM, sadolite wrote:
So I get a check for $109.71 in addition to my regular paycheck. I ask what is this for. I am told it is a refund or money back on my health insurance premiums I have paid all year. I think to my self, why in the hell am I getting money back? Then I think to myself how many thousands of accounting and regulation compliance man hours were spent from the highest places in the federal govt state govt and the accounting office was spent in order to figure out that I should be reimbursed $109.71. It probably cost the taxpayers of this country $10,000 to give me back $109,71 of my own money. Truly the most pathetic thing I have ever seen yet from my govt.

Obamanomics
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 2:28:18 AM
At 9/3/2016 1:27:30 AM, Semiya wrote:
Yeah, we need single payer already.

Ya that would make things even more efficient and affordable. I shudder the fact of govt being in charge of my access to healthcare. Zooom right over your head.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 2:37:29 AM

Liberal economics for you
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 3:01:08 AM

When you think about the possible scenarios, the chances are that the answer is "Probably not very much at all"
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 3:37:31 AM
It probably cost the taxpayers of this country $10,000 to give me back $109,71 of my own money.

It probably didn't.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 4:15:55 PM
At 9/3/2016 3:01:08 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

When you think about the possible scenarios, the chances are that the answer is "Probably not very much at all"

Name a senerio and a example of why I would be owed money back for insurance premiums. I have been paying insurance premiums for 37 years and not once ever revived money back ever. Time was spent in my employers accounting office the state govt and at the federal level to determine I am owed money. What cockamamie ridiculous formula was used to determine that. All employees got refunds of differing amounts not just me.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 4:37:28 PM
At 9/3/2016 4:15:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

Name a senerio and a example of why I would be owed money back for insurance premiums. I have been paying insurance premiums for 37 years and not once ever revived money back ever. Time was spent in my employers accounting office the state govt and at the federal level to determine I am owed money. What cockamamie ridiculous formula was used to determine that. All employees got refunds of differing amounts not just me.

The same geniuses are trying to find away to pay the $85 trillion it would cost to give everyone free college tuition.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 4:56:19 PM
At 9/3/2016 4:15:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

Did the check come from the government, or from your payroll / insurance company?

If it's from the insurance company/your payroll. Then the chances are that no time was spent at the federal accounting level. It's all done by whoever manages your company; and it's worked out like this:

1.) In the course of standard operation, someone notices a payroll insurance premium f*** up.

2.) They realize that the f*** up affects a bunch of people.

3.) They realize that they've been charging you too much, and go through each employee's records (probably computerised), and apply a new premium, and print a check for the difference.

1 + 2 probably takes about 1 day of ACTUAL work; but maybe more elapsed time waiting for clarifications etc.

3.) Probably takes a few minutes, maybe 5, 10? for each employee.

So, if the place you work has 160 employees, the time taken for you to receive that check, specifically, is 16 hours / 160 employees (6 minutes) + 10 minutes for you alone, meaning about 16 minutes of cost accrued per person.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 5:16:19 PM
I can tell no one owns a business or has never managed a business. The ease at which this is dismissed as a couple of minutes work is mind boggling

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 5:45:37 PM
Ok so I did some research, here is why I am getting a rebate and as I suspected it starts at the federal level and all the way down to my employer. Bureaucracy dictating what is acceptable.

I giant new bureaucracy of ineptness. http://consumersunion.org...

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 5:57:22 PM
At 9/3/2016 5:45:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
Ok so I did some research, here is why I am getting a rebate and as I suspected it starts at the federal level and all the way down to my employer. Bureaucracy dictating what is acceptable.

So what's wrong exactly?

The insurance company spent more money on administration than mandated, so as a result, they issued rebates to their customers.

You have no clue about how much it cost to the federal government, none whatsoever. It most assuredly did cost the company in question, but essentially that's the point.

This just seems to be you trying to rail on the government using speculation, assumptions and feelings, rather than, you know, using facts.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 6:26:52 PM
At 9/3/2016 5:57:22 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

The insurance company spent more money on administration than mandated, so as a result, they issued rebates to their customers.

You have no clue about how much it cost to the federal government, none whatsoever. It most assuredly did cost the company in question, but essentially that's the point.

This just seems to be you trying to rail on the government using speculation, assumptions and feelings, rather than, you know, using facts.

What you don't get are the monumental costs that are incured by govt going into private businesses and arbitrarily dictating what costs what and how long something should take and auditing every single healthcare provider every single year and arbitrarily dictating what costs what every-single year it';s preposterous. Who else is going to look at all the books of every healthcare provider and decide they made to much money. That takes thousands and thousands of man hours to do. You don't expect private business to do the govt,s job at no expense do you? Someone is paying thousands of govt employees to audit healthcare providers and that someone is me the taxpayer.

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 6:37:48 PM
At 9/3/2016 6:26:52 PM, sadolite wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

What you don't get are the monumental costs that are incured by govt going into private businesses and arbitrarily dictating what costs what and how long something should take and auditing every single healthcare provider every single year and arbitrarily dictating what costs what every-single year it';s preposterous. Who else is going to look at all the books of every healthcare provider and decide they made to much money. That takes thousands and thousands of man hours to do. You don't expect private business to do the govt,s job at no expense do you? Someone is paying thousands of govt employees to audit healthcare providers and that someone is me the taxpayer.

Sifting through the paragraph of word vomit; at no place did I see a justification for any of your claims.

So, please, elaborate, please estimate the cost to the tax payer involved in this process basing this on actual facts and realistic scenarios, and separating the actual time and effort spent specifically on this, separating it from other overheads.. Otherwise, what you're doing is simply pulling numbers out of thin air.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:31:10 PM
At 9/3/2016 6:37:48 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

Sifting through the paragraph of word vomit; at no place did I see a justification for any of your claims.

So, please, elaborate, please estimate the cost to the tax payer involved in this process basing this on actual facts and realistic scenarios, and separating the actual time and effort spent specifically on this, separating it from other overheads.. Otherwise, what you're doing is simply pulling numbers out of thin air.

The article says health providers can spend no more than a certain percentage on administrative costs. Who decides what medical costs are and what administrative costs are? The govt. That means the govt has to audit every healthcare provider to ensure everything they charge is what the govt dictates it costs. That is called an audit. You can't rely on every healthcare provider to itemize every single transaction and report the cost of everything according to what some govt bureaucrat says it should cost every single year. Simple logic dictates the administrative costs alone to the govt and the insurers is astronomical. There is no way to even begin to calculate the costs. The rules of compliance and what one can charge for medical services are arbitrary year to year. It is impossible to even form a 2 year projection on the cost of anything. You have no idea what the govt will allow or not allow year to year. It's all made up and arbitrary.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:31:32 PM

Had you worked out your premium yourself and realized you had overpaid by $109.71 would you have written to the insurance company and requested a refund?
What would your opinion of the company and the fed government have been if they had said that the cost of refunding your overpayment would be to high, and you receive no refund?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:37:39 PM
At 9/3/2016 7:31:32 PM, desmac wrote:

Had you worked out your premium yourself and realized you had overpaid by $109.71 would you have written to the insurance company and requested a refund?
What would your opinion of the company and the fed government have been if they had said that the cost of refunding your overpayment would be to high, and you receive no refund?

This was not an accounting mistake on my employers end this is about the govt dictating what insurers are allowed to make and charge for things. You so miss the point. It is wasted time and resources that far exceed the $109.71. I am being charged to get my own money back in the form of higher taxes and higher insurance premiums. I charge 50% interest to use my money for a year so I want a check for 164.00.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:42:08 PM
At 9/3/2016 7:37:39 PM, sadolite wrote:

This was not an accounting mistake on my employers end this is about the govt dictating what insurers are allowed to make and charge for things. You so miss the point. It is wasted time and resources that far exceed the $109.71. I am being charged to get my own money back in the form of higher taxes and higher insurance premiums. I charge 50% interest to use my money for a year so I want a check for 164.00.

Then I suggest you contact them, rather than whinging on an internet chat forum. Good luck with charging that rate as oppose to the Fed's 0.5%.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:43:05 PM
At 9/3/2016 7:42:08 PM, desmac wrote:

Then I suggest you contact them, rather than whinging on an internet chat forum. Good luck with charging that rate as oppose to the Fed's 0.5%.

You still dont get it and never will

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 7:48:07 PM
At 9/3/2016 7:43:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

If you don't want the refund, just send the check back.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 8:02:10 PM

What are you going to spend this newfound wealth of yours sadolite ?
Do something stupid with it hey. Try doubling it , I bet ya can't .
It's nice to know the insurance company is so trustworthy , great bunch of people.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 8:05:00 PM
At 9/3/2016 8:02:10 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

What are you going to spend this newfound wealth of yours sadolite ?
Do something stupid with it hey. Try doubling it , I bet ya can't .
It's nice to know the insurance company is so trustworthy , great bunch of people.

I am going to use it for what I thought is was supposed to be used for health insurance not to fund administrative costs at the federal level.

Here is another ridiculous article about this subject http://www.nytimes.com...

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 9:09:35 PM
At 9/3/2016 7:31:10 PM, sadolite wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

The article says health providers can spend no more than a certain percentage on administrative costs. Who decides what medical costs are and what administrative costs are? The govt. That means the govt has to audit every healthcare provider to ensure everything they charge is what the govt dictates it costs. That is called an audit. You can't rely on every healthcare provider to itemize every single transaction and report the cost of everything according to what some govt bureaucrat says it should cost every single year. Simple logic dictates the administrative costs alone to the govt and the insurers is astronomical. There is no way to even begin to calculate the costs. The rules of compliance and what one can charge for medical services are arbitrary year to year. It is impossible to even form a 2 year projection on the cost of anything. You have no idea what the govt will allow or not allow year to year. It's all made up and arbitrary.

Yes; if you make those ridiculous assumptions, it would cost the government a fortune.

However, assuming that every company involved is audited is pretty idiotic for the very reason that yes, indeed, the administrative costs to the government is astronomical.

The same way, if the government has to audit every company in the country to determine what counts as taxable or non taxable income/ tax credits etc.

No, they'll be self reported; and the government likely will only audit if there is some indication of number fudging, and that won't take a full audit.

Actually working out administrative costs should be trivial for any sort of company that has any accounts at all; money is nominally budgted and itemized prior to it being spent anyway; with allocations for X/Y, and a final report about how much was spent, vs how much was spent.

Reporting isn't quite as simple as filling in a spreadsheet, but it's not going to be onerous compared to, say, filling in the corporate tax return. (and hey the chances are that if you do one, you have the information for the other anyway!)

So no, you've made a hilarious assumption which isn't even close to being true.

And still, you're just pulling stuff out of your a**, and proclaiming to be what happens; try starting off with what you can actually show is true, like I asked.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 2:40:18 PM
At 9/3/2016 9:09:35 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

Yes; if you make those ridiculous assumptions, it would cost the government a fortune.

However, assuming that every company involved is audited is pretty idiotic for the very reason that yes, indeed, the administrative costs to the government is astronomical.

The same way, if the government has to audit every company in the country to determine what counts as taxable or non taxable income/ tax credits etc.

No, they'll be self reported; and the government likely will only audit if there is some indication of number fudging, and that won't take a full audit.

Actually working out administrative costs should be trivial for any sort of company that has any accounts at all; money is nominally budgted and itemized prior to it being spent anyway; with allocations for X/Y, and a final report about how much was spent, vs how much was spent.

Reporting isn't quite as simple as filling in a spreadsheet, but it's not going to be onerous compared to, say, filling in the corporate tax return. (and hey the chances are that if you do one, you have the information for the other anyway!)

And still, you're just pulling stuff out of your a**, and proclaiming to be what happens; try starting off with what you can actually show is true, like I asked.

I have posted two sources that this refund started and is arbitrarily dictated at the federal level. The fact that my employer has to figure out how to allocate the funds and write checks at their expense is even further proof.

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:56:54 PM
At 9/4/2016 2:40:18 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/3/2016 9:09:35 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

So what's wrong exactly?

I have posted two sources that this refund started and is arbitrarily dictated at the federal level. The fact that my employer has to figure out how to allocate the funds and write checks at their expense is even further proof.

Neither of your links even get close to justifying your assumptions; one was an explanation of why you got the money, the other was about some of the confusion of individual receiving it (mostly).

You're making massive, unfounded, speculative assumptions that you cannot show, and pretending as if they're facts.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:39:54 PM
At 9/4/2016 7:56:54 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

You're making massive, unfounded, speculative assumptions that you cannot show, and pretending as if they're facts.

Yeah thats all Sadolite knows how to do.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 9:19:01 PM
At 9/4/2016 10:39:54 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/4/2016 7:56:54 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Yeah thats all Sadolite knows how to do.....

Ya I kinda suck at things that no one would pay money for someone to do. But I must concede that you are good at doing those things.