Jump to topic:

Gary Johnson hit the stupid switch!

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:19:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
You know I'm not a conservative and I do understand why some conservatives express some reservations about Trump but to not like trump and then support Gary Johnson is a level of stupid that even I cant comprehend

https://www.youtube.com...

Gary Johnson just got triggered by the word "illegal". Lol libertarians, you would think people who didn't want any government help or actions would be thick skineed, nope turns out they are pc brainwashed as well
Im not a Nazi
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:20:48 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:19:52 PM, Capital wrote:
You know I'm not a conservative and I do understand why some conservatives express some reservations about Trump but to not like trump and then support Gary Johnson is a level of stupid that even I cant comprehend

Gary Johnson just got triggered by the word "illegal". Lol libertarians, you would think people who didn't want any government help or actions would be thick skineed, nope turns out they are pc brainwashed as well

Yeah this and the fact that he supports BLM made me lose all support and respect I had for the guy. Now I'm full on Trump.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:21:59 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:20:48 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yeah this and the fact that he supports BLM made me lose all support and respect I had for the guy. Now I'm full on Trump.

I read my Donald Trump poem for my class today

If I read that in your class I would get knifed
Im not a Nazi
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:23:16 PM
I'm still full on none of the above. Every time any of the 4 opens their mouth, insert foot.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:24:08 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:21:59 PM, Capital wrote:

Then knife them back
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:31:04 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:24:08 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 9/6/2016 10:21:59 PM, Capital wrote:

Then knife them back

Na ill shoot em
Im not a Nazi
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 10:49:47 PM
sigh...I know it's really frustrating how Johnson is pandering to the left, but I refuse the forgo my vote, so at this point I'm voting for Trump.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:23:07 PM
At 9/6/2016 10:49:47 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
sigh...I know it's really frustrating how Johnson is pandering to the left, but I refuse the forgo my vote, so at this point I'm voting for Trump.

Whoop WHOOP

TRUMP TRAIN
Im not a Nazi
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:33:14 PM
Think of this: if not a single vote was cast, the anarchy and upheaval that would ensue. That could lead to a reset to the rigged political machine that our election cycles have become.
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:34:49 PM
At 9/6/2016 11:33:14 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Think of this: if not a single vote was cast, the anarchy and upheaval that would ensue. That could lead to a reset to the rigged political machine that our election cycles have become.

Nobody would do that tho
Im not a Nazi
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2016 11:54:25 PM

in theory this idea is really great, but unfortunately there are those who blindly follow candidates despite the extremely obvious corruption and manipulation.

It sad that since I've been able to vote(since Bush vs Gore), I find myself picking the candidate that is least likely to destroy our home completely. unfortunately it's getting worse and worse each time, and I have this feeling that we are f*cked either way.

The people I'd love to vote for never run, someone like Trey Gowdy....

2020 might present some actual viable candidates if USA is still USA by then, lol....eh, smh.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:10:21 AM
At 9/6/2016 11:54:25 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

in theory this idea is really great, but unfortunately there are those who blindly follow candidates despite the extremely obvious corruption and manipulation.

It sad that since I've been able to vote(since Bush vs Gore), I find myself picking the candidate that is least likely to destroy our home completely. unfortunately it's getting worse and worse each time, and I have this feeling that we are f*cked either way.

2020 might present some actual viable candidates if USA is still USA by then, lol....eh, smh.

People say me writing on a candidate the last 4 cycles is a waste of my responsibility... I counter by saying not supporting someone who in no way represents me is honest.

The truth is somewhere in the middle I just refuse to participate in a broke system because that makes me broke. If a candidate ran on some things I agree with, I'd support them with a clear conscious.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:12:49 AM
At 9/7/2016 12:10:21 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

People say me writing on a candidate the last 4 cycles is a waste of my responsibility... I counter by saying not supporting someone who in no way represents me is honest.

The truth is somewhere in the middle I just refuse to participate in a broke system because that makes me broke. If a candidate ran on some things I agree with, I'd support them with a clear conscious.

Having your vote on someone you agree with, even if he/she ends up getting 1% of the total vote, still shows the direction politicians will have to take to win that 1 percent in the future.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:17:11 AM
At 9/7/2016 12:12:49 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Having your vote on someone you agree with, even if he/she ends up getting 1% of the total vote, still shows the direction politicians will have to take to win that 1 percent in the future.

Agreed. I voted on rhetoric once, my first vote. I voted 'against' someone twice, my next two. I learned my lesson thru my own hypocrisy.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:30:39 AM

I understand where you are coming from.

I have decided to vote Trump for many reasons, but the primary reason is because I'm thinking that Trump will give USA a good shaking up, especially to the super inflated establishment government that has gotten way too large in my opinion, and to establishment politicians who think they are secure in being a bunch of comfortable liars, and to the Americans who are too comfortable and complacent in their trust in our current government. IDK I just feel like America needs Trump, a non politician for a very challenging but possibly positive direction forward.

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:34:40 AM
I have no issue with people supporting trump. He just hasn't outlined a plan, vs rhetoric, I agree with. He could win me over for a second term of his actions stayed consistent with the rhetoric but I'm very skeptical by nature.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 1:50:42 AM

I believe the electorial college in each state would still vote if no citizens did.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:00:36 AM
At 9/7/2016 1:50:42 AM, slo1 wrote:

I believe the electorial college in each state would still vote if no citizens did.

Actually are you familiar with how electors are chosen?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:12:34 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:00:36 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Obviously it is regulated by the state. About one half states don't obligate their electors to vote the popular vote, so they would choose the next president.

I don't know if those that don't would add up to 51 percent of electorial college, but if not it would go to the house for vote and they would decide.

Your plan is not going to work. Now what is on your mind?
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:16:21 AM
I was flip flopping between Johnson and Trump, but he's dangerously becoming more of a bleeding heart Libertarian. My support is leaning to Trump more and more as Johnson becomes a bleeding heart libertarian.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:19:58 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:12:34 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 9/7/2016 2:00:36 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Obviously it is regulated by the state. About one half states don't obligate their electors to vote the popular vote, so they would choose the next president.

I don't know if those that don't would add up to 51 percent of electorial college, but if not it would go to the house for vote and they would decide.

Your plan is not going to work. Now what is on your mind?

Well the electors are chosen by the popular vote in all but 2 states, Maine and Nebraska. No popular vote, no electors.

I do agree that my plan would not work as there will never be a 200+ million abstention. And you are correct: the college is not obligated to follow the popular vote of the state.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:22:39 AM
Electors:

On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November in years divisible by four, the people in each State cast their ballots for the party slate of Electors representing their choice for president and vice president (although as a matter of practice, general election ballots normally say "Electors for" each set of candidates rather than list the individual Electors on each slate).
Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district].
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:24:29 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:16:21 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I was flip flopping between Johnson and Trump, but he's dangerously becoming more of a bleeding heart Libertarian. My support is leaning to Trump more and more as Johnson becomes a bleeding heart libertarian.

Black lives matter. Lol
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 2:25:07 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:24:29 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Black lives matter. Lol

BLM has a good message on paper, but they've gone out of control.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 3:23:06 AM
At 9/7/2016 2:25:07 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Black lives matter. Lol

Well I don't want the cops shooting anyone so I can't just accept one groups lives matter. I don't mind the right to assemble but I do find singling out 'just us' is kind of pretentious.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 3:35:15 AM
At 9/7/2016 3:23:06 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 9/7/2016 2:25:07 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Black lives matter. Lol

Well I don't want the cops shooting anyone so I can't just accept one groups lives matter. I don't mind the right to assemble but I do find singling out 'just us' is kind of pretentious.

I don't think they're singling out anybody except for the police. Initially I found BLM to be a harmless movement against discrimination. However I soon saw how they went out of control, and started to develop anti-police sentiment and disregard for law and order. And their violent riots... that's just something else.

I also find it funny how they complain about police brutality in cases where the cops NEEDED to shoot people. I mean if somebody was clearly assaulting the police or being physically harmful, the police have every right to shoot the criminal.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 3:38:38 AM

The libertarian party believes in open borders
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 3:41:58 AM
Hogwash. If they weren't singling out black lives, it would have a more inclusive name like citizens lives matter.
Wolfram
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 4:20:21 AM
Well, I'm not surprised by Gary Johnson's sensibilities over the word of illegal. It's just typical behavior of liberals, I suppose.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 12:20:13 PM
Johnson's been leaning on that switch for a while. It was only a matter of time before he leant too hard on it. I'm not surprised.