Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Congresswoman Giffords, others shot in Ariz.

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 3:17:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday and an aide and federal judge were killed when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store as the Democratic lawmaker met with constituents, officials said.

C.J. Karamargin, a spokesman for Giffords, said the congresswoman was in surgery as of 1 p.m. local time and that an unspecified number of Giffords staff members were injured in the shooting. Karamargin said he had no other information on the conditions of the injured or on the circumstances of the shooting."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

Does anyone know anything else about this?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 5:13:35 PM
At 1/8/2011 3:17:44 PM, Freeman wrote:
"Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday and an aide and federal judge were killed when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store as the Democratic lawmaker met with constituents, officials said.

C.J. Karamargin, a spokesman for Giffords, said the congresswoman was in surgery as of 1 p.m. local time and that an unspecified number of Giffords staff members were injured in the shooting. Karamargin said he had no other information on the conditions of the injured or on the circumstances of the shooting."

I saw this earlier. I heard she died from the gunshot wound.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 5:55:15 PM
Does anyone know anything else about this?:

Nope, and neither do investigators.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 6:04:00 PM
At 1/8/2011 5:13:35 PM, djsherin wrote:
At 1/8/2011 3:17:44 PM, Freeman wrote:

I saw this earlier. I heard she died from the gunshot wound.

The latest official report is that she is in critical condition.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 9:47:52 PM
PZ Meyers had some interesting stuff on this.
http://scienceblogs.com...
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 10:18:54 PM
At 1/8/2011 9:47:52 PM, vbaculum wrote:
PZ Meyers had some interesting stuff on this.
http://scienceblogs.com...

Yeah, I can see where PZ was going with that. I still want to know more about the gunman.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 11:07:27 PM
The shooters youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 9:48:45 AM
At 1/9/2011 9:45:12 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I thought there would be far more posts about this by now.

yeah.. me too.

it just sucks... not much else to say.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 9:50:08 AM
At 1/9/2011 9:48:45 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yeah.. me too.

cept for you gun control people I suppose..
but that's Your schpiel to kick-off...

If you do.. then I'm sure the posts will climb.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 9:53:50 AM
At 1/8/2011 11:07:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:
The shooters youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com...:

Yeah, I found that channel this morning. Clearly he's insane.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 9:56:45 AM
here come the liberals...

‎"This morning in Arizona, the age in which this country could accept the 'targeting' of political opponents, and putting bullseyes over their faces, and the dangerous blurring between political rallies and gun shows, has ended." – Keith Olbermann
no comment
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 9:57:06 AM

cept for you gun control people I suppose..
but that's Your schpiel to kick-off...

If you do.. then I'm sure the posts will climb.:

Undoubtedly.

So why don't I just go ahead and kick that off. After the Virginia Tech massacre, I advocated that mentally unstable people should be placed in a nationwide database that prevents them from purchasing guns. Felons and bat sh*t insane people have their rights revoked.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 10:14:23 AM
At 1/9/2011 9:56:45 AM, Caramel wrote:
here come the liberals...

‎"This morning in Arizona, the age in which this country could accept the 'targeting' of political opponents, and putting bullseyes over their faces, and the dangerous blurring between political rallies and gun shows, has ended." – Keith Olbermann:

I heard that rant... Basically he blamed everyone from Sarah Palin, to guns, to right-wing agendas, to free speech... anything and anyone beside placing the squarely on.... the shooter.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 10:16:17 AM
I'm just surprised the guy had to be tackled to prevent him from shooting any more than the 19 that he did.

She was a national representative holding a public event.... where were the cops???

You'll be sure as hell that if the mayor was having a meet and greet there'd be cops all over.. and, if they didn't see the weird guy rushing up to the front, and stop him before anything happened.. They'd definitely be able to stop him before he shot 19 people.

and they wouldn't have had to tackle him either.

Metaphysics:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 10:27:12 AM

What is there to say?
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 10:30:42 AM
At 1/9/2011 10:16:17 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I'm just surprised the guy had to be tackled to prevent him from shooting any more than the 19 that he did.:

Surprised that he fired off that many rounds before someone stopped him, or surprised that someone had he balls to tackle him when he clearly had a complete disregard for human life?

She was a national representative holding a public event.... where were the cops???:

They were in a grocery store parking lot, not on the steps of the Pentagon.

You'll be sure as hell that if the mayor was having a meet and greet there'd be cops all over.. and, if they didn't see the weird guy rushing up to the front, and stop him before anything happened.. They'd definitely be able to stop him before he shot 19 people.:

Hard to say for sure without photographic evidence, but more than likely he'd be dead.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 10:40:52 AM
At 1/9/2011 10:30:42 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/9/2011 10:16:17 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I'm just surprised the guy had to be tackled to prevent him from shooting any more than the 19 that he did.:

Surprised that he fired off that many rounds before someone stopped him,

surprised she didn't have any security for a public event.

Metaphysics:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:00:56 PM
At 1/9/2011 12:39:30 PM, Awed wrote:
http://www.facebook.com...:

Guarantee that there's a conspiracy theory festering right now. It's not enough that a deranged conspiracy theorist murdered a ton of people. There also has to be a counter conspiracy theory alleging that the shooter (a conspiracy theorist) was really a CIA operative sent to discredit conspiracy theories, which of course is the real conspiracy theory.

I give it a week.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 3:39:02 PM
Woulda been a good time for someone with a concealed carry permit to be shopping.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Steelerman6794
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 2:07:47 PM
Some people are going farther, calling for Sarah Palin's arrest for "inciting murder." If you ever read the Huffington Post for kicks, it's not so funny right now.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 11:28:50 AM
At 1/10/2011 2:07:47 PM, Steelerman6794 wrote:
Some people are going farther, calling for Sarah Palin's arrest for "inciting murder." If you ever read the Huffington Post for kicks, it's not so funny right now.:

Agreed. I'm fairly vocal about how unqualified I think Palin is, but the allegation against her is absurd. It's a really low political ploy by the Left to use this tragedy as a political attack. Pathetic.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 12:34:34 PM
Republicans wouldn't know realpolitik if Otto von Bismark beat them over the head with a dictionary.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 2:18:22 PM
I have all info in the misc. thread about the shooter
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos