Jump to topic:

Roles of the President

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 3:42:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Sparked by the Commander in Chief forum last night, I found myself wondering who everyone feels best fills the roles of the President. Polls among veterans show a majority support of Trump, and those that watched the Commander-In-Chief Forum believe Trump won.

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Administrator
Chief Diplomat
Commander-in-Chief
Chief Legislator

Out of the two major political candidates, who do you think fulfills each of those roles the best and why? I would expect that neither candidate fulfills all of them better than the other.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 3:54:08 PM
Not to be flippant but all 4 candidates are so lacking in each of those categories that I can't assign s value for any of them to any of those roles.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 3:59:21 PM
At 9/8/2016 3:54:08 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Not to be flippant but all 4 candidates are so lacking in each of those categories that I can't assign s value for any of them to any of those roles.

Fair enough and you aren't voting for any of them you're writing in your candidate. So I would expect that answer. Others that are casting for Hillary/Trump. I'd expect they would recognize some shortcomings of their own candidate when it comes to certain roles that the President must fill. I suppose this is more so about intellectual honesty as well as seeing how they perceive their candidate as President while under various circumstances a President is in.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 4:27:47 PM
At 9/8/2016 3:59:21 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 9/8/2016 3:54:08 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Fair enough and you aren't voting for any of them you're writing in your candidate. So I would expect that answer. Others that are casting for Hillary/Trump. I'd expect they would recognize some shortcomings of their own candidate when it comes to certain roles that the President must fill. I suppose this is more so about intellectual honesty as well as seeing how they perceive their candidate as President while under various circumstances a President is in.

Intellectual honesty and politics... Good luck on that one. So few fail to recognize who they support shortcomings.

I wouldn't back him for pres but Rand Paul is one of my senators. His rhetoric speaks to me but his first 6 months of votes were lock step party votes. He has since struck out as more independent and an advocate for ky which is refreshing but I still have that inherent skepticism.

One of my rules: I'll never vote for pres one that comes from the senate or house. The pres must be a decision maker not just a deal maker
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 4:41:14 PM
At 9/8/2016 3:42:05 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Sparked by the Commander in Chief forum last night, I found myself wondering who everyone feels best fills the roles of the President. Polls among veterans show a majority support of Trump, and those that watched the Commander-In-Chief Forum believe Trump won.

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Administrator
Chief Diplomat
Commander-in-Chief
Chief Legislator

Out of the two major political candidates, who do you think fulfills each of those roles the best and why? I would expect that neither candidate fulfills all of them better than the other.

Here's my problem. I can see Clintons weaknesses, but Trump is so ill-suited to all of the by a huge margin, my answers just look partisan.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 4:46:14 PM
At 9/8/2016 4:41:14 PM, TBR wrote:

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Administrator
Chief Diplomat
Commander-in-Chief
Chief Legislator

Here's my problem. I can see Clintons weaknesses, but Trump is so ill-suited to all of the by a huge margin, my answers just look partisan.

You're not voting for either candidate either.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 5:10:19 PM

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Administrator
Chief Diplomat
Commander-in-Chief
Chief Legislator

You know what? At least you were honest in the response.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 7:01:51 PM
At 9/8/2016 4:46:14 PM, vortex86 wrote:

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Administrator
Chief Diplomat
Commander-in-Chief
Chief Legislator

You're not voting for either candidate either.

My plan was to sit this one out. Having Trump as the republican nominee changed that - I simply must vote. Not because it is going to make any difference in my state, but because he needs to be beaten so badly that it is obvious and clear. Trump was the worse choice either party has made in generations.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2016 10:24:25 PM
I'm surprised that last hasn't been commented on. Trump... Most either love or hate. Very few are neutral on him.