Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

How we got to Trump

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:40:05 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
In 1968, Richard Nixon caused a voter demographic shift in the United States by causing southern whites who were once Democrats to turn Republican. Since this time, the GOP has had the majority of the white vote and the Democrats have had the majority of ethnic minority vote (I.e. blacks, hispanics, etc).
Despite this, from 1968 to 2008 race played a relatively small role in American politics. During this period the Democrats put a much bigger emphasis on class politics. That is, the poor versus the wealthy. I mean, there are obviously more poor and working class people than there are rich people (when I say rich I mean rich by American standards and when I say poor I mean poor by American standards, just so that there is no confusion here).
During that roughly 40 year period from when Richard Nixon took office in early 1969 to when Obama was elected the Democrats only secured the White House twice. The first was the administration of Jimmy Carter, a southern white democrat. The second time was the administration of Bill Clinton, also a southern white democrat.

In 2008, after 8 years of President Bush, the Democrats were basically set to win the White House. Regardless of how good or bad a president he actually was, Bush was extremely unpopular, and in that year the economy just so happened to crash in such a manner that had no precedent since 1929.
However, the Democrats wanted to take it a step further. They wanted to solidify their chances of winning this election (and future ones). A black man, Barack Obama, won the nomination, and while minorities were already leaning Democrat, they really showed up in 2008 to vote overwhelmingly for Obama.
At this point the Democrats saw racial identity politics as a potent tool for securing ever greater percentages of the minority vote, and they didn't really think about what kind of effect this would have on their standing with white voters, so they ran with it.

On February 26, 2012, a black youth named Trayvon Martin got involved in a violent altercation with a man named George Zimmerman, and it ended with Zimmerman shooting him.
If this happened in, say, 2005, it would make the local paper for a day and that would be the end of it. But whenever it happened in 2012, the Democratic Party and the shill media used this incident to spark a black populist movement called #blacklivesmatter. They played into people's fears and convinced the black community that white police officers might just randomly shoot them at any given moment. Obama certainly didn't help matters whenever he declared that "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin."
This was just the beginning. Terms which had previously been confined to use by progressive academics ("white privilege", "microaggression", etc) became household words. Soon it spread and a populist female uprising against "the patriarchy" was born.
Blacks and women essentially became united against the "oppression" of the while male, and the Democratic Party used this to manipulate these groups into voting Democrat.

In 2016, Obama had been in office for 7 years. He hadn't been nearly as hated as Bush, but nevertheless the "8 year rule" would be in effect, giving the GOP a needed boost.
Furthermore, since the 2012 election it was painfully obvious to all that Hillary Clinton would be Obama's "successor", the 2016 Democrat presidential nominee. And so the Republicans immediately began a campaign of character assassination against Clinton, starting with the Benghazi "scandal" and then the email "scandal". They have been incredibly effective in this regard; Hillary Clinton is the least popular Democrat nominee in years, if not decades. Most people don't even care that she'd be the first woman president because they're preoccupied with her alleged corruption.
The GOP leadership has been satisfied with these developments, and it felt at the onset of the race that if the GOP candidates simply struck a moderate tone on racial issues the minority Democrat voters would have low turnout rates; furthermore, considering that two of the candidates were Hispanic (Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio), they were even hoping that perhaps they might even win the minority vote. This, they felt, would be enough to win in 2016.

But that's not what happened. Instead, a man named Donald Trump entered the race. His approach was entirely different; in his mind, the minorities would most likely vote Democrat anyway, so the most important thing was to secure as high a percentage of the white vote as possible.
It would appear that Trump has been a long-time believer in the ideology that he's preaching, so it's unlikely that he ever would pretend to believe something else and preach that to the masses. No; Trump would run on his own terms expressing his true beliefs.
However, this wasn't feasible in the past. 2016 was the first election year in a very long time (perhaps in Trump's lifetime) that his current campaign strategy had any chance of working. It would not have worked in 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, and so on. But why is this?

Well, it turns out that the populist "uprising" of non-whites and women against the white majority and men had a backlash. This backlash took a few years to formulate, but as soon as there was a widespread anger against "SJWs" and everything involving them, America was ready for Trump to come in on a white horse and seize the GOP nomination, if not the presidency.

That's the story of how American politics went from business-as-usual to Donald Trump.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 6:30:16 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 3:40:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

That's the story of how American politics went from business-as-usual to Donald Trump.

I find it interesting that the status quo of the GOP and Dems was to covertly divide the country up using religious, and SJW groups. They got so complacent in this political strategy of weakening the populace through divisions so that they could be easily taken advantage of that they failed to see a tipping point where the public would simply take the ball and walk away from the game.
NHN
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 1:28:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 3:40:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
[...]
The OP -- which fails to mention George Wallace, Democrats/Dixiecrats, Jim Crow laws, segregation, nativism, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 -- is a complete fetishist disavowal of the redoubtable history that shapes the American South. Talk about a distorted alternate reality.

Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, etc. were all one-party apartheid states before constitutional rights were gradually restored and the scope of the intrusive, authoritarian, racist Democrat-led state governments were pushed back. And this hardly happened in a day. For example, South Carolina maintained the ban on interracial marriage until 1998, Alabama until 2000.

Klansman Duke, however, didn't lose his footing in the Democratic Party until the late 1980s. But as the Democratic Party became inextricably linked with Jesse Jackson and the NAACP -- by extension SJW, BLM, etc. -- the Southern Democrats migrated to the Republican Party, forming a nativist minority of rubes which now make up the GOP base.

With Trump, the old-school Democratic base of the white, racist South see a last chance of electing a "champion" with hopes of returning to the status quo ante, of reestablishing an effective difference between white and nonwhite.

Of course that won't happen. But the slightest hope of this being realized, however tattered and unworldly, is enough to fire up the rubes.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:19:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".

I guess the white liberals' "enslavement" is why the Democrats nominated a black man or a woman three election seasons in a row. All the Republicans have ever had is white men, but it's the Democrats who are racist. Makes a ton of sense.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Capital
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:26:26 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 3:19:57 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".

I guess the white liberals' "enslavement" is why the Democrats nominated a black man or a woman three election seasons in a row. All the Republicans have ever had is white men, but it's the Democrats who are racist. Makes a ton of sense.

Dems were rascist. Lyndon B Johnson instated the Civil Rights Act but it was the republican who voted in overall for the act

Not only that but rascism has switched from blacks to now whites. Whites have "white privilege" to shut down any political debate.

In fact cant you even admit that Barrack Obama was elected because he was black? Black voters who didn't even register for past elections just decided to register for this one. Same problem with Hillary Clinton
Im not a Nazi
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:26:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
President Lyndon B. Johnson became president when Kennedy died because he was vice president.
Those racist white voters who had been voting democratic, possibly because Lincoln was republican, felt that all that civil rights stuff proved that Johnson was a race traitor. The democrats have been unpopular down there ever since.
Perhaps you have confused George W. Bush with his father, who had the same name. In the 2000 election Ralph Nader ran for president and was able to siphon off enough liberal votes to give W. a chance to win. Although the majority of voters chose the other guy, W. got more electoral votes.
If the supreme court had been on our side ,they would have allowed a recount of the votes in the state that was run by his brother Jeb and Al Gore would have won.
W. would continue his quest to become the worst president. Eventually he did, in early September 2000 there were a few days when John McCain was ahead of Obama in the polls. Then W goes on TV and tells us about how he has to spend 70 billion to bail out his friends on Wall st., or we will have the worst recession since the thirties. Of course, if you say something like that 2 months before an election there was no way the Republicans could win.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:49:08 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 1:28:28 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:40:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
[...]
The OP -- which fails to mention George Wallace, Democrats/Dixiecrats, Jim Crow laws, segregation, nativism, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 -- is a complete fetishist disavowal of the redoubtable history that shapes the American South. Talk about a distorted alternate reality.

Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, etc. were all one-party apartheid states before constitutional rights were gradually restored and the scope of the intrusive, authoritarian, racist Democrat-led state governments were pushed back. And this hardly happened in a day. For example, South Carolina maintained the ban on interracial marriage until 1998, Alabama until 2000.

Klansman Duke, however, didn't lose his footing in the Democratic Party until the late 1980s. But as the Democratic Party became inextricably linked with Jesse Jackson and the NAACP -- by extension SJW, BLM, etc. -- the Southern Democrats migrated to the Republican Party, forming a nativist minority of rubes which now make up the GOP base.

With Trump, the old-school Democratic base of the white, racist South see a last chance of electing a "champion" with hopes of returning to the status quo ante, of reestablishing an effective difference between white and nonwhite.

Of course that won't happen. But the slightest hope of this being realized, however tattered and unworldly, is enough to fire up the rubes.

Dude, come on...if I started from the very beginning I'd have to mention how the first slave was imported to modern day America in the 16th/17th century.
Literally everybody in this country knows about segregation and the civil rights act, so it wasn't necessary to mention that.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
NHN
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:00:55 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 3:49:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Dude, come on...if I started from the very beginning I'd have to mention how the first slave was imported to modern day America in the 16th/17th century.
You started with 1968 without mentioning 1964. That is a disavowal of the political landscape that saw the formation of the Southern Strategy, i.e., the drift from George Wallace and the Dixiecrats to the Republican Party and its growing nativist movement.

Literally everybody in this country knows about segregation and the civil rights act, so it wasn't necessary to mention that.
You left it out because it doesn't fit the Southern narrative, where the South is a victim rather than the perpetrator.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:18:56 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:00:55 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:49:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Dude, come on...if I started from the very beginning I'd have to mention how the first slave was imported to modern day America in the 16th/17th century.
You started with 1968 without mentioning 1964. That is a disavowal of the political landscape that saw the formation of the Southern Strategy, i.e., the drift from George Wallace and the Dixiecrats to the Republican Party and its growing nativist movement.

Literally everybody in this country knows about segregation and the civil rights act, so it wasn't necessary to mention that.
You left it out because it doesn't fit the Southern narrative, where the South is a victim rather than the perpetrator.

I hardly ever mentioned the South. What does it matter? Are whites today supposed to simply...not backlash against BLM and feminism because of a practice that the Federal government put an end to 50 years ago?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:26:40 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
You left it out because it doesn't fit the Southern narrative, where the South is a victim rather than the perpetrator.

This is the reason.
NHN
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:27:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:18:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I hardly ever mentioned the South. What does it matter?
It matters to the restructuring of the voter base post-Goldwater 1964 and Nixon 1968. The Southern Strategy. It is what is driving Trump's campaign.

Are whites today supposed to simply...not backlash against BLM and feminism because of a practice that the Federal government put an end to 50 years ago?
There you have it. You unconsciously identify white males as victims of a joint movement of Black Lives Matter and "feminism" (are you for real?) since 1964.

Try defining what is really at the heart of this supposed victimhood.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:35:41 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:27:07 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/10/2016 4:18:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I hardly ever mentioned the South. What does it matter?
It matters to the restructuring of the voter base post-Goldwater 1964 and Nixon 1968. The Southern Strategy. It is what is driving Trump's campaign.

Trump's strategy targets rural whites, who mainly live in the South. However, these people also exist outside of the South, and let's keep in mind that Donald Trump is a northerner.
I honestly don't know much about the 1964 election; that doesn't really matter as long as one understands that the southern whites turned Republican in 1968.

Are whites today supposed to simply...not backlash against BLM and feminism because of a practice that the Federal government put an end to 50 years ago?
There you have it. You unconsciously identify white males as victims of a joint movement of Black Lives Matter and "feminism" (are you for real?) since 1964.

Try defining what is really at the heart of this supposed victimhood.

We're done.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:36:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:18:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 9/10/2016 4:00:55 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:49:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Dude, come on...if I started from the very beginning I'd have to mention how the first slave was imported to modern day America in the 16th/17th century.
You started with 1968 without mentioning 1964. That is a disavowal of the political landscape that saw the formation of the Southern Strategy, i.e., the drift from George Wallace and the Dixiecrats to the Republican Party and its growing nativist movement.

Literally everybody in this country knows about segregation and the civil rights act, so it wasn't necessary to mention that.
You left it out because it doesn't fit the Southern narrative, where the South is a victim rather than the perpetrator.

I hardly ever mentioned the South. What does it matter? Are whites today supposed to simply...not backlash against BLM and feminism because of a practice that the Federal government put an end to 50 years ago?

Why do whites need to backlash BLM? Institute safe guards and policies in policing so people of dark skin are treated equitably to whites and we can all move on. Fear is the underlining reason that causes people to backlash BLM.
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:39:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 3:26:26 PM, Capital wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:19:57 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".

I guess the white liberals' "enslavement" is why the Democrats nominated a black man or a woman three election seasons in a row. All the Republicans have ever had is white men, but it's the Democrats who are racist. Makes a ton of sense.

Dems were rascist. Lyndon B Johnson instated the Civil Rights Act but it was the republican who voted in overall for the act
That is true. However, soon afterwards, the utilization of the Southern Strategy by Nixon and others caused the Republican party to become the racist party. The RNC chairman even admitted to it in 2005.
Not only that but rascism has switched from blacks to now whites. Whites have "white privilege" to shut down any political debate.
What about all the police shootings of black men? What about the recent studies that say 70% of the population harbors unconscious biases against black people? I see no instance in which white people are being discriminated against.
In fact cant you even admit that Barrack Obama was elected because he was black? Black voters who didn't even register for past elections just decided to register for this one. Same problem with Hillary Clinton
No, he was elected because people agreed with his policies. I see no evidence pointing to your theory that Obama wouldn't have been elected if he was white.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Capital
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:42:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:39:28 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:26:26 PM, Capital wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:19:57 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".

I guess the white liberals' "enslavement" is why the Democrats nominated a black man or a woman three election seasons in a row. All the Republicans have ever had is white men, but it's the Democrats who are racist. Makes a ton of sense.

Dems were rascist. Lyndon B Johnson instated the Civil Rights Act but it was the republican who voted in overall for the act
That is true. However, soon afterwards, the utilization of the Southern Strategy by Nixon and others caused the Republican party to become the racist party. The RNC chairman even admitted to it in 2005.
Not only that but rascism has switched from blacks to now whites. Whites have "white privilege" to shut down any political debate.
What about all the police shootings of black men? What about the recent studies that say 70% of the population harbors unconscious biases against black people? I see no instance in which white people are being discriminated against.
In fact cant you even admit that Barrack Obama was elected because he was black? Black voters who didn't even register for past elections just decided to register for this one. Same problem with Hillary Clinton
No, he was elected because people agreed with his policies. I see no evidence pointing to your theory that Obama wouldn't have been elected if he was white.

Which party is giving the black population so much welfare that it pushes out the need for black fathers? Which party instated the minimum wage which hurt the black population? Which party fueled the hatred for police officers while not looking at black on black crime
Im not a Nazi
NHN
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:49:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:35:41 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Trump's strategy targets rural whites, who mainly live in the South. However, these people also exist outside of the South, and let's keep in mind that Donald Trump is a northerner.
Oh, he's a northerner is he. Watch out. He might flip ya.

I honestly don't know much about the 1964 election; that doesn't really matter as long as one understands that the southern whites turned Republican in 1968.
No, that's incorrect. Dixiecrat George Wallace won the Solid South and Humphrey won Texas (http://www.debate.org...). It wasn't until Reagan in the 1980s that the South turned Republican, after a false start with Goldwater in 1964.

Are whites today supposed to simply...not backlash against BLM and feminism because of a practice that the Federal government put an end to 50 years ago?
There you have it. You unconsciously identify white males as victims of a joint movement of Black Lives Matter and "feminism" (are you for real?) since 1964.

Try defining what is really at the heart of this supposed victimhood.
We're done.
If you can't account for your position without using nonsensical language -- such as that white males should "backlash" against BLM and feminism -- then your contribution to political dialogue is a mere index of ignorance.
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 7:10:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 4:42:07 PM, Capital wrote:
At 9/10/2016 4:39:28 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:26:26 PM, Capital wrote:
At 9/10/2016 3:19:57 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/10/2016 2:39:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Carly F. or Ben C. Had won the nomination I'd be voting for a woman or a black man. This has nothing to do with racism or sexism other than white liberals attempt to enslave them and "keep them in their place".

I guess the white liberals' "enslavement" is why the Democrats nominated a black man or a woman three election seasons in a row. All the Republicans have ever had is white men, but it's the Democrats who are racist. Makes a ton of sense.

Dems were rascist. Lyndon B Johnson instated the Civil Rights Act but it was the republican who voted in overall for the act
That is true. However, soon afterwards, the utilization of the Southern Strategy by Nixon and others caused the Republican party to become the racist party. The RNC chairman even admitted to it in 2005.
Not only that but rascism has switched from blacks to now whites. Whites have "white privilege" to shut down any political debate.
What about all the police shootings of black men? What about the recent studies that say 70% of the population harbors unconscious biases against black people? I see no instance in which white people are being discriminated against.
In fact cant you even admit that Barrack Obama was elected because he was black? Black voters who didn't even register for past elections just decided to register for this one. Same problem with Hillary Clinton
No, he was elected because people agreed with his policies. I see no evidence pointing to your theory that Obama wouldn't have been elected if he was white.

Which party is giving the black population so much welfare that it pushes out the need for black fathers? Which party instated the minimum wage which hurt the black population? Which party fueled the hatred for police officers while not looking at black on black crime

They didn't give welfare to the black population, they gave welfare to poor people. There is no welfare specifically for black people--that would be unconstitutional. Why would the minimum wage hurt black people? How on earth did the Democrats "fuel the hatred for police officers"? You make claims and then neglect to back them up.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 5:12:13 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

But that's not what happened. Instead, a man named Donald Trump entered the race. His approach was entirely different; in his mind, the minorities would most likely vote Democrat anyway, so the most important thing was to secure as high a percentage of the white vote as possible.

It would appear that Trump has been a long-time believer in the ideology that he's preaching, so it's unlikely that he ever would pretend to believe something else and preach that to the masses. No; Trump would run on his own terms expressing his true beliefs.

lol Trump recently switched to being a Republican after being a democrat for most of his life. He proposed the biggest tax increase in USA history in the early 2000s. He back-tracked on almost all of his policies that he held in the primary. No candidate has pretended to believe other things as much as Trump.

However, this wasn't feasible in the past. 2016 was the first election year in a very long time (perhaps in Trump's lifetime) that his current campaign strategy had any chance of working. It would not have worked in 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, and so on. But why is this?

Well, it turns out that the populist "uprising" of non-whites and women against the white majority and men had a backlash. This backlash took a few years to formulate, but as soon as there was a widespread anger against "SJWs" and everything involving them, America was ready for Trump to come in on a white horse and seize the GOP nomination, if not the presidency.

That's the story of how American politics went from business-as-usual to Donald Trump.

Hilary Clinton is not a good candidate at all. After 8 years of a democrat in office, and putting up Hillary, this elections was the Republicans to lose. Almost any candidate could easily destroy Hillary. Nominating Trump is the best gift Hillary has ever gotten.