Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 6:34:21 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Hillary Clinton-

"Nurses are just overpaid maids."

http://www.morningnewsusa.com...

Interesting. And what is she, the rapist's hoe?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 10:48:00 PM
At 9/11/2016 6:34:21 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Hillary Clinton-

My wife who is a nurse has even heard that Clinton said that, but it appears no one can confirm or deny she actually said that.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:21:32 PM
Hillary Clinton-

That's actually kind of funny. Like I know nurses go to school and are educated and skilled at what they do and say, but the way you see them at the doctor/hospital, they don't have the authority and its pretty easy (and funny) to compare them to maids. If you don't have to work with them every day and it doesn't affect your work atmosphere I don't see a problem. I've got a friend who's a nurse, and I probably give him more crap then I should. I'm gonna put that in the arsenal now.

Without the context it was said in I'm not sure if its of any significance. Could have just been a joke. Could have been her being a $%$# that day. I'm just gonna have fun with it.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:44:11 PM
At 9/13/2016 5:21:32 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
Hillary Clinton-

That's actually kind of funny. Like I know nurses go to school and are educated and skilled at what they do and say, but the way you see them at the doctor/hospital, they don't have the authority and its pretty easy (and funny) to compare them to maids. If you don't have to work with them every day and it doesn't affect your work atmosphere I don't see a problem. I've got a friend who's a nurse, and I probably give him more crap then I should. I'm gonna put that in the arsenal now.

Without the context it was said in I'm not sure if its of any significance. Could have just been a joke. Could have been her being a $%$# that day. I'm just gonna have fun with it.

That's so true, they don't help save lives, comfort the dying, families, help with all aspects included delivery of children, they really should be made fun of, please tell them that should you ever need their care, I'm sure they would find it funny as well. Are you ignorant on this subject only, or just in general? I've been in health care for other 20 years (not a nurse) saved a few lives, been a part of some others there were saved so I do have a certain experience of which I speak, do you?
Since you missed the actual point, belittling/marginalizing a whole profession is different than make a joke. You have the right to do it, but don't justify her stupidity if she actually said it, and she should reap the ramifications if she did in fact make that statement. There's also a huge difference between what we say, since we are nobodies vs someone who is in the media, under constant scrutiny (by choice) who's words have a huge impact compared to ours. Yes famous and powerful people are held to a different standard, and they should be, they have so much more influence.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:49:42 PM
At 9/13/2016 5:44:11 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
Hillary Clinton-

That's so true, they don't help save lives, comfort the dying, families, help with all aspects included delivery of children, they really should be made fun of, please tell them that should you ever need their care, I'm sure they would find it funny as well. Are you ignorant on this subject only, or just in general? I've been in health care for other 20 years (not a nurse) saved a few lives, been a part of some others there were saved so I do have a certain experience of which I speak, do you?
Since you missed the actual point, belittling/marginalizing a whole profession is different than make a joke. You have the right to do it, but don't justify her stupidity if she actually said it, and she should reap the ramifications if she did in fact make that statement. There's also a huge difference between what we say, since we are nobodies vs someone who is in the media, under constant scrutiny (by choice) who's words have a huge impact compared to ours. Yes famous and powerful people are held to a different standard, and they should be, they have so much more influence.

No, not ignorant. I can differentiate humorous generalizations from reality. We all (people who care to I guess) know they pull their weight, and they're importance to the system, and we all know how the doctor usually gets the spotlight in everyday low key situations. I personally think its funny.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:53:06 PM
At 9/13/2016 5:49:42 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
Hillary Clinton-

No, not ignorant. I can differentiate humorous generalizations from reality. We all (people who care to I guess) know they pull their weight, and they're importance to the system, and we all know how the doctor usually gets the spotlight in everyday low key situations. I personally think its funny.

I also have a different philosophy. I always believed the main influence in our lives comes from family, then close friends, then friends etc... and media being one of the last on the list. I believe our culture is largely based on ourselves and not the way a big famous person says it is, so forgive me when I choose to hold "nobody" influence in higher esteem then a person who has no influence in the way I personally see the world. Hope that came across okay.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 6:08:54 PM
At 9/13/2016 5:53:06 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 9/13/2016 5:49:42 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
Hillary Clinton-

I also have a different philosophy. I always believed the main influence in our lives comes from family, then close friends, then friends etc... and media being one of the last on the list. I believe our culture is largely based on ourselves and not the way a big famous person says it is, so forgive me when I choose to hold "nobody" influence in higher esteem then a person who has no influence in the way I personally see the world. Hope that came across okay.

You did, and I agree, sadly that is the extreme minority and that is truly sad, in the age of constant selfies, plastic surgery and social media all to gain the favor of people who really don't matter. It's unfortunate and a huge reason for the decay of society when the famous and rich have such influence over people they will need meet, know or care about. Paris Hilton prime example.
With great power comes great responsibility.
So that's why if you said it, it wouldn't have the impact or be nearly as offensive as if she said it. If someone doesn't wish to be held to a higher standard then they shouldn't put themselves in that position. I wouldn't take much issue if you had said it, but would take great issue if she had, and those who try to defend her. Hope I made a good distinction there.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 6:15:54 PM
Hillary Clinton-

Just par for the course for a woman who belittles 1/4 of American voting citizens.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 6:49:11 PM
I think many of you would be surprised to find your pcp is actually a nurse practitioner
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 7:21:26 PM
At 9/13/2016 6:41:07 PM, desmac wrote:
Even craptor's "source says it is an unproven rumor.

Maybe she meant "Basket of Nurses"

Hillary leaves much to speculation.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 7:22:37 PM
At 9/13/2016 7:21:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

No record of her saying it anywhere.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:05:54 PM

If Clinton addressed every bit of bullsh1t uttered by the fringe, she would have no time to do anything at all.

How anyone can put stock in a 20+ year old rumor with zero evidence is pure silliness. There is plenty of legitimate stuff to attack Clinton about, everyone should stop trading in wild conspiracy that does nothing to move the votes, and get to work on real stuff.

Problem with that is, you guys picked Trump, so....
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:18:44 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:05:54 PM, TBR wrote:

If Clinton addressed every bit of bullsh1t uttered by the fringe, she would have no time to do anything at all.

How anyone can put stock in a 20+ year old rumor with zero evidence is pure silliness. There is plenty of legitimate stuff to attack Clinton about, everyone should stop trading in wild conspiracy that does nothing to move the votes, and get to work on real stuff.

If Clinton addressed every 100% factual attack on her she'd have no time for anything else.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:19:11 PM

that's true, it's purely hypothetical, and certainly addressing the allegations that the foundation received money from governments where women have no rights etc is far more important than this. There are plenty of much more important things for her to address, I agree 100%.
I tried to take the stance if she or anyone with similar influence made that statement or something similar what an effect it has vs you or I.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:42:54 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:19:11 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

that's true, it's purely hypothetical, and certainly addressing the allegations that the foundation received money from governments where women have no rights etc is far more important than this. There are plenty of much more important things for her to address, I agree 100%.
I tried to take the stance if she or anyone with similar influence made that statement or something similar what an effect it has vs you or I.

If it were known that she did make the statement, it would be fair game. There is context to consider, but just tossing out unsubstantiated statements and expecting anyone to care is silly.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:47:51 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:42:54 PM, TBR wrote:

If it were known that she did make the statement, it would be fair game. There is context to consider, but just tossing out unsubstantiated statements and expecting anyone to care is silly.

Fair enough, I would agree with that.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:02:44 PM

If you go back and peruse, you'll find many of us haven't delved into this, drugs, drinking, affairs, or any of the other allegations. Instead, the focus has been on the Russian reset, Libya gaffe, email fiasco, not knowing secret/top secret/confidential, filegate, whitewater, travel gate, missing billing records from rose law firm, in addition to the nastiness she attacks others with, lack of a coherent economic policy, no immigration plan... I can continue but I think the point is made.

Trump on the other hand has 0 executive experience, a cost ineffective wall, jongoistic rhetoric on foreign policy, poor political alliances... Again I think the point is clear.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:25:21 PM
At 9/13/2016 10:02:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

If you go back and peruse, you'll find many of us haven't delved into this, drugs, drinking, affairs, or any of the other allegations. Instead, the focus has been on the Russian reset, Libya gaffe, email fiasco, not knowing secret/top secret/confidential, filegate, whitewater, travel gate, missing billing records from rose law firm, in addition to the nastiness she attacks others with, lack of a coherent economic policy, no immigration plan... I can continue but I think the point is made.

Trump on the other hand has 0 executive experience, a cost ineffective wall, jongoistic rhetoric on foreign policy, poor political alliances... Again I think the point is clear.

That some minority of the electorate, or this forum, is discussing some valid issues is hardly the point of this OP. This poster particularly has done nothing but post the most outlandish stuff found on the worse sources. It should also be noted that Trump himself traffics in this sort of gutter trash. He spent plenty of time telling us he had some some smoking gun on Obama's birth - where did that go? Well, it never existed in the first place because it is was a gossip based "scandal".

It is very hard to dismiss, from a partisan perspective, that a huge portion of the GOP supporters have devolved into nothing more than a party of conspiracy theorists. If you can point me to the counter-balance, I would concede that it is not one-sided, but it sure seems to be.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:54:15 PM
At 9/13/2016 10:25:21 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/13/2016 10:02:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

That some minority of the electorate, or this forum, is discussing some valid issues is hardly the point of this OP. This poster particularly has done nothing but post the most outlandish stuff found on the worse sources. It should also be noted that Trump himself traffics in this sort of gutter trash. He spent plenty of time telling us he had some some smoking gun on Obama's birth - where did that go? Well, it never existed in the first place because it is was a gossip based "scandal".

It is very hard to dismiss, from a partisan perspective, that a huge portion of the GOP supporters have devolved into nothing more than a party of conspiracy theorists. If you can point me to the counter-balance, I would concede that it is not one-sided, but it sure seems to be.

The birther and Muslim stuff is as silly as Hillary being a lesbian or the Donald kkk bs. Have there been lawsuits with rental discrimination? Yes. Has some of his Mexican comments been harsh and/or misguided? Yes. That's tapping into the jingoism mentioned earlier as a lot of Americans are fed up with just kicking the can on illegal immigration. I have a more practical approach but I do understand those who are ticked at a lack of enforcement of our laws.

Neither side has been a bastion of decency or respect and that goes for the candidates, their campaigns, and their supporters.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:23:29 PM
Sorry for posting off topic, but consider many Trump voters want him elected because they believe he will be a puppet president, and smarter and cooler heads will prevail.