Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

My Political Ideology?

Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

Age: 23

Race: African American

Views

Religion- Atheist. Nothing more to really say

Abortion-Against, except in the case of Rape, Incest or Danger to the mother"s life. I generally feel that people should be provided with all the birth control options possible, however it's up to them to actually use them responsibly. After a life is conceived I don't believed we should terminate that due to our own convince. The right to live is the most essential American right in my opinion.

Death Penalty- Against. Just like with abortion, this comes down to the most fundamental right of all Americans, which is the right to life. I don't believe the state has any authority to kill of individuals, due to their past actions. I feel the role of the court is to judge an individual"s actions, and remove him from society. When the courts decided to take someone"s life I feel it's a violation to liberty.

Euthanasia - Pro. Just like with the previous two issues, the fundamental concept is the right to life. As I've expressed every person conceived should have the right to their own life. However, that also means that in cases where the individual determines that their life is too painful to continue to live, they should have the option of ending it in a medically efficient and relatively painless way.

Capitalism- I'm pro capitalism, in most instances. However, what I'm not pro is this "crony capitalism" that has existed since around the 1920's. I blame that on a lot of things, including the devaluing of our currency (By terrible federal reserve actions), the fact that the Federal reserve is literally made up of investment bankers putting monetary policies in place that suck the value out of the middle class, and bail out corporations/banks that operate in bad faith, monetizing debt.. Ext.

Federal Reserve- Won't get too much into it... However, the Federal Reserve needs a full audit, and to be abolished. At the very least every Federal Reserve action should need an approval from congress. The reserve has caused too much damage, due to practically operating with no limits or regulation. A reserve that by its very makeup benefits bankers and corporations.

Gay marriage- Pro. This is simple, if you want to marry someone, it's not the governments roll to tell you that you can't.

Marijuana legalization- Pro. We need to treat Marijuana like we do cigarettes/alcohol. Set potency limits on commercial Marijuana. Make sure all industries adhere to strict composition standards. Let the FDA research/regulate medical Marijuana (Which can be given at higher levels with a prescription, than what's allowed to be sold at stores). Tax it highly, like what we do with cigarettes.

Electoral College- Abolish. Absolutely terrible, not a single reason I think this institution should still be in place.

Super delegates- Abolish. These systems meant to protect the voter from themselves, are absolutely just a system put in place to benefit the establishment.

Environmental Protection- This is an example of "Good government". The government has to play a major role in the management of climate change, even at the expense of the people/businesses. We need to incentivize businesses to research and innovate in alternative fuels and nuclear technology.

Estate Tax- Con. Think transfers of money between families, isn't for the Government to profit off of.

Flat Tax vs Progressive Tax- Truthfully I don't have any real preference of one over the other. The only thing that I care about is paying or national debt/balancing the budget. If that included a Flat tax, or if that includes a progressive tax then so be it. However, either tax is worthless if it doesn't get us closer to balancing the budget.

TPP- Absolutely terrible, these attempts at huge global markets have shown to have disastrous effects on economies and citizens. It's not a true free trade agreement at all, it's an attempt by global governments to maintain complete control over trade. If it's implemented it'll crash.

EU- Terrible for the same reasons as TPP, yet for some reason there was less resistance to it than TPP.

Gun Rights- A person should be able to use a firearm to protect their property. However, firearms shouldn't be allowed in the hands of people with criminal records/certain mental disabilities.

Foreign Policy. Our current foreign policy is absolutely mindboggling. I would prefer a conversion back to the policies leading up to World War 2. The policy of non-intervention, where we were skeptical of getting involved in conflicts that don't threaten us directly. We have military bases in 1400 military bases scattered along 120+ countries. We invest heavily in a foreign policy that doesn't make us safer, but instead just causes both our enemies/allies to hate us more (What the FBI calls blowback). We need to massively cut back our defense spending, because it's the prime reason why our nation debt continues to grow. I propose that we get out of Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan as quickly as possible, and we cut down our military bases by at least 40% over the next 4 years. We need to get back to a policy of non-intervention, and stop acting as the world"s police. We also need to stop interfering in the politics/civil wars of other countries, and stop overthrowing governments in an attempt to put "Puppet dictators" that support American interest. I think after decades of interfering in the Middle East (Ever since overthrowing the Shaw in 1957), we'll see that terrorism dramatically decreases when we leave them to self-govern, without American bases scattered across their land. We need to follow our constitution meaning "Every war/military intervention must have a formal vote/declaration from congress".

Social Programs/Healthcare/Education- I group these topics together because just like our foreign policy, we waste a lot of money domestically on these things, yet we don't get back the value we put into it. Our education system is lagging... We spent more on Healthcare than any other country yet it's still inefficient, and we spend way too much on inefficient social programs. I think that we need to completely remake our welfare system/healthcare system/education, into an efficient system that will cost tax payers less money for a better result. Welfare should exist with individual plans to transition people off welfare and into stability based on time periods determined by each individual situation. I'm not against spending for programs if they work. However, it's clear to me that our solution of throwing more money at every problem, isn't producing results. Another reason why our budget is never balanced, just so much government waste domestically.

Foreign Aide - All our foreign aid to other countries should be stopped immediately. Just like what I outlined previously about voting for war, any attempt to send foreign aid to any country should be scrutinized and voted on by congress. There should be no reason why homeless individuals can suffer yet Israel, The Philippines and Saudi Arabia can get hundreds of Billions of dollars in American Aide. Our foreign policy needs to change dramatically.

Immigration- Our immigration policy just doesn't work. We have to make it easier for people to come into this country legally, but make it harder for people to enter this illegally. We need to incentivize legalization, and incentivize illegals already in the country to become citizens. The concept of building a wall is another example of wanting to implement an inefficient method, which cost a lot, but wouldn't solve the problem.

Prisons- Another area of huge government waste. We incarcerate a ton of people for petty crimes connected to our failed war on drugs. Prisons need to be separated from corporate interest, and can be reduced by nearly 40% by reforming our drug poli
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:45:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
You look like some kind of cross between a paleoconservative and a libertarian to me. The two of us agree on a lot of things, apparently.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:56:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...

Yea I did that, and I sided 86% with Gary Johnson and 82% with Jill Stein. That's why I decided to ask here lol.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:56:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:56:11 AM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...

Yea I did that, and I sided 86% with Gary Johnson and 82% with Jill Stein. That's why I decided to ask here lol.

LOL! 86 with Gary and 82 with Jill. That's quite interesting as Johnson and Stein are complete opposites.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:02:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:56:46 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:56:11 AM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...

Yea I did that, and I sided 86% with Gary Johnson and 82% with Jill Stein. That's why I decided to ask here lol.

LOL! 86 with Gary and 82 with Jill. That's quite interesting as Johnson and Stein are complete opposites.

Well in terms of Social Issues/Foreign Policy they're actually pretty identical. However, it's economic issues that they have different philosophies on. Liberals/Libertarians socially only really seem to majorly disagree on is Guns. Whiles on Foreign Policy Libertarians tend to be non interventionist, whiles Progressives tend to be more likely to support interference for humanitarian reasons. But there's a lot of common ground. Just economically they're very opposed.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:18:36 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:45:33 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
You look like some kind of cross between a paleoconservative and a libertarian to me. The two of us agree on a lot of things, apparently.

I actually had to look up what a paleoconservative is.. I definitely see some similarities
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:14:35 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 2:06:10 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
For a 23 year old you've put a lot of thought into this. Kudos.

Thanks, figured if I was gonna waste your time with this, might as well put some effort into it.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:03:51 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I have a pretty similar ideology, and neither I know how to label it.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:37:16 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Sorry guys, before I made this thread, I hadn't posted on this site in 4 years.. As a result I completly forgot about the character limit. So when I pasted my write up didn't realize that it cut off a significant portion of the end of my post. Here's the rest

Minimum Wage- I'm pro a minimum wage based on age. A livable wage as an adult is completely different than a livable wage as a teenager. However, minimum wages shouldn't be national, but instead should be determined by states, based on their "cost of living".

Social Justice Activism- Absolutely against, what has become one of the most toxic movements in America. People who use the blanket of social justice to limit free speech and criticism are absolutely having a negative effect on this country. These people attack comedians, politicians, businesses, celebrities, ext... And use the blanket of social justice to label everyone who disagrees with them or offends them as racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or any other buzz word meant to negatively label someone. These individuals seek to make people lose their jobs over making them uncomfortable. It all starts on college campuses, and this focus on identity politics. Whenever people are confronted with opinions that make them feel insecure about an aspect of their "identity", they run for their safe spaces, and try to demonize the other party. That"s not to say there"s not legitimate social justice causes, however this kind of activism just takes attention away from those causes. For example, something like Police and prisons disproportionately targeting minorities is something that is a legitimate reason to be outraged about and try to advocate for change.

3rd Wave Feminism- Absolutely against. Third wave feminism has an overwhelmingly negative effect on our current society. This brand of feminism blames patriarchy for every issue that they encounter in society, attacks anything associated with masculinity, and hides behind the traditional definition of feminism, which is "the fighting for the equality of both sexes". The practices of third wave feminist have evolve so far from the traditional definition, that the current ideology in no way mirrors a push for equality. Men's rights activist are constant berated for bringing the spotlight to legitimate male issues such as suicide rates, dropout rates, homicide rates, the demonization of masculinity, male rape, and male mass incarceration... Also another big issue I have with 3rd wave feminism is their completely disregard and chipping away at due process, for anyone accused of Rape/Domestic violence. Men are considered guilty until proven innocent, and their reputations are completely destroyed without remedy in the case of false rape allegations. Feminist have pushed for a culture on college campuses, where rape accusations cause individuals to be suspended/expelled and assumed guilty, on a much lower standard than would ever be acceptable in a court of law. Victims of false rape accusations are consistently told that they shouldn't press charges against their accusers because "It might make it harder for real victims to come forward". It's a system where a person"s reputation can be destroyed, with little evidence, and a complete disregard for their due process and any assumption of innocence.

#1 Issue- National Debt- The nation debt needs to be reduced period. That means cutting down domestically (Excess government spending in all areas). Cutting down our national defense budget (Adopting an economically proven system of non-intervention). Stop sending aid to other countries (Israel, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia). End the Federal Reserve and its policy of printing money, and artificially lowering interest rates. And after all that excess spending/bad monetary policy is cut, we can finally get our bills under control. Once we get our bills under control, we can invest in our infrastructure, alternative fuels and our middle class.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:22:36 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
In the US, you would probably be classified as centrist. Outside of the US, you would be classified as a center-right conservative.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 3:28:35 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:56:46 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:56:11 AM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...

Yea I did that, and I sided 86% with Gary Johnson and 82% with Jill Stein. That's why I decided to ask here lol.

LOL! 86 with Gary and 82 with Jill. That's quite interesting as Johnson and Stein are complete opposites.

It's possible. There are many eco-Libertarians that mix between the two.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 4:56:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 3:28:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:56:46 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:56:11 AM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:54:08 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

I'd recommend that you take this short quiz. It matches you with the Presidential candidates you side with and will break down your ideology. http://www.isidewith.com...

Yea I did that, and I sided 86% with Gary Johnson and 82% with Jill Stein. That's why I decided to ask here lol.

LOL! 86 with Gary and 82 with Jill. That's quite interesting as Johnson and Stein are complete opposites.

It's possible. There are many eco-Libertarians that mix between the two.

Yea, things such as climate change, and havimg a fiscally responsible saftey net are examples of good goverment.

I think we'd find that once we cut down on our terrible foreign policy, eliminate our foreign aide and cut out our waste domesticlly.. We'd be able to invest in things, whiles at the same time lowering the deficit.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:13:34 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 11:37:16 AM, Purch wrote:
Sorry guys, before I made this thread, I hadn't posted on this site in 4 years.. As a result I completly forgot about the character limit. So when I pasted my write up didn't realize that it cut off a significant portion of the end of my post. Here's the rest




Minimum Wage- I'm pro a minimum wage based on age. A livable wage as an adult is completely different than a livable wage as a teenager. However, minimum wages shouldn't be national, but instead should be determined by states, based on their "cost of living".

https://www.abqjournal.com...
Social Justice Activism- Absolutely against, what has become one of the most toxic movements in America. People who use the blanket of social justice to limit free speech and criticism are absolutely having a negative effect on this country. These people attack comedians, politicians, businesses, celebrities, ext... And use the blanket of social justice to label everyone who disagrees with them or offends them as racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or any other buzz word meant to negatively label someone. These individuals seek to make people lose their jobs over making them uncomfortable. It all starts on college campuses, and this focus on identity politics. Whenever people are confronted with opinions that make them feel insecure about an aspect of their "identity", they run for their safe spaces, and try to demonize the other party. That"s not to say there"s not legitimate social justice causes, however this kind of activism just takes attention away from those causes. For example, something like Police and prisons disproportionately targeting minorities is something that is a legitimate reason to be outraged about and try to advocate for change.

3rd Wave Feminism- Absolutely against. Third wave feminism has an overwhelmingly negative effect on our current society. This brand of feminism blames patriarchy for every issue that they encounter in society, attacks anything associated with masculinity, and hides behind the traditional definition of feminism, which is "the fighting for the equality of both sexes". The practices of third wave feminist have evolve so far from the traditional definition, that the current ideology in no way mirrors a push for equality. Men's rights activist are constant berated for bringing the spotlight to legitimate male issues such as suicide rates, dropout rates, homicide rates, the demonization of masculinity, male rape, and male mass incarceration... Also another big issue I have with 3rd wave feminism is their completely disregard and chipping away at due process, for anyone accused of Rape/Domestic violence. Men are considered guilty until proven innocent, and their reputations are completely destroyed without remedy in the case of false rape allegations. Feminist have pushed for a culture on college campuses, where rape accusations cause individuals to be suspended/expelled and assumed guilty, on a much lower standard than would ever be acceptable in a court of law. Victims of false rape accusations are consistently told that they shouldn't press charges against their accusers because "It might make it harder for real victims to come forward". It's a system where a person"s reputation can be destroyed, with little evidence, and a complete disregard for their due process and any assumption of innocence.


#1 Issue- National Debt- The nation debt needs to be reduced period. That means cutting down domestically (Excess government spending in all areas). Cutting down our national defense budget (Adopting an economically proven system of non-intervention). Stop sending aid to other countries (Israel, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia). End the Federal Reserve and its policy of printing money, and artificially lowering interest rates. And after all that excess spending/bad monetary policy is cut, we can finally get our bills under control. Once we get our bills under control, we can invest in our infrastructure, alternative fuels and our middle class.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:03:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 9:13:34 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/13/2016 11:37:16 AM, Purch wrote:
Sorry guys, before I made this thread, I hadn't posted on this site in 4 years.. As a result I completly forgot about the character limit. So when I pasted my write up didn't realize that it cut off a significant portion of the end of my post. Here's the rest




Minimum Wage- I'm pro a minimum wage based on age. A livable wage as an adult is completely different than a livable wage as a teenager. However, minimum wages shouldn't be national, but instead should be determined by states, based on their "cost of living".

https://www.abqjournal.com...
Social Justice Activism- Absolutely against, what has become one of the most toxic movements in America. People who use the blanket of social justice to limit free speech and criticism are absolutely having a negative effect on this country. These people attack comedians, politicians, businesses, celebrities, ext... And use the blanket of social justice to label everyone who disagrees with them or offends them as racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or any other buzz word meant to negatively label someone. These individuals seek to make people lose their jobs over making them uncomfortable. It all starts on college campuses, and this focus on identity politics. Whenever people are confronted with opinions that make them feel insecure about an aspect of their "identity", they run for their safe spaces, and try to demonize the other party. That"s not to say there"s not legitimate social justice causes, however this kind of activism just takes attention away from those causes. For example, something like Police and prisons disproportionately targeting minorities is something that is a legitimate reason to be outraged about and try to advocate for change.

3rd Wave Feminism- Absolutely against. Third wave feminism has an overwhelmingly negative effect on our current society. This brand of feminism blames patriarchy for every issue that they encounter in society, attacks anything associated with masculinity, and hides behind the traditional definition of feminism, which is "the fighting for the equality of both sexes". The practices of third wave feminist have evolve so far from the traditional definition, that the current ideology in no way mirrors a push for equality. Men's rights activist are constant berated for bringing the spotlight to legitimate male issues such as suicide rates, dropout rates, homicide rates, the demonization of masculinity, male rape, and male mass incarceration... Also another big issue I have with 3rd wave feminism is their completely disregard and chipping away at due process, for anyone accused of Rape/Domestic violence. Men are considered guilty until proven innocent, and their reputations are completely destroyed without remedy in the case of false rape allegations. Feminist have pushed for a culture on college campuses, where rape accusations cause individuals to be suspended/expelled and assumed guilty, on a much lower standard than would ever be acceptable in a court of law. Victims of false rape accusations are consistently told that they shouldn't press charges against their accusers because "It might make it harder for real victims to come forward". It's a system where a person"s reputation can be destroyed, with little evidence, and a complete disregard for their due process and any assumption of innocence.


#1 Issue- National Debt- The nation debt needs to be reduced period. That means cutting down domestically (Excess government spending in all areas). Cutting down our national defense budget (Adopting an economically proven system of non-intervention). Stop sending aid to other countries (Israel, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia). End the Federal Reserve and its policy of printing money, and artificially lowering interest rates. And after all that excess spending/bad monetary policy is cut, we can finally get our bills under control. Once we get our bills under control, we can invest in our infrastructure, alternative fuels and our middle class.

Great article.. It definitly gets at the heart of what I'm saying. Though I never actually knew that there was a term for the concept. I believe it would not only contribute to more teenagers in the workforce, but also help steer the conversation towards adult livable wages versus the cost of living per state
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:31:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 10:03:10 PM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 9:13:34 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/13/2016 11:37:16 AM, Purch wrote:
Sorry guys, before I made this thread, I hadn't posted on this site in 4 years.. As a result I completly forgot about the character limit. So when I pasted my write up didn't realize that it cut off a significant portion of the end of my post. Here's the rest




Minimum Wage- I'm pro a minimum wage based on age. A livable wage as an adult is completely different than a livable wage as a teenager. However, minimum wages shouldn't be national, but instead should be determined by states, based on their "cost of living".

https://www.abqjournal.com...
Social Justice Activism- Absolutely against, what has become one of the most toxic movements in America. People who use the blanket of social justice to limit free speech and criticism are absolutely having a negative effect on this country. These people attack comedians, politicians, businesses, celebrities, ext... And use the blanket of social justice to label everyone who disagrees with them or offends them as racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or any other buzz word meant to negatively label someone. These individuals seek to make people lose their jobs over making them uncomfortable. It all starts on college campuses, and this focus on identity politics. Whenever people are confronted with opinions that make them feel insecure about an aspect of their "identity", they run for their safe spaces, and try to demonize the other party. That"s not to say there"s not legitimate social justice causes, however this kind of activism just takes attention away from those causes. For example, something like Police and prisons disproportionately targeting minorities is something that is a legitimate reason to be outraged about and try to advocate for change.

3rd Wave Feminism- Absolutely against. Third wave feminism has an overwhelmingly negative effect on our current society. This brand of feminism blames patriarchy for every issue that they encounter in society, attacks anything associated with masculinity, and hides behind the traditional definition of feminism, which is "the fighting for the equality of both sexes". The practices of third wave feminist have evolve so far from the traditional definition, that the current ideology in no way mirrors a push for equality. Men's rights activist are constant berated for bringing the spotlight to legitimate male issues such as suicide rates, dropout rates, homicide rates, the demonization of masculinity, male rape, and male mass incarceration... Also another big issue I have with 3rd wave feminism is their completely disregard and chipping away at due process, for anyone accused of Rape/Domestic violence. Men are considered guilty until proven innocent, and their reputations are completely destroyed without remedy in the case of false rape allegations. Feminist have pushed for a culture on college campuses, where rape accusations cause individuals to be suspended/expelled and assumed guilty, on a much lower standard than would ever be acceptable in a court of law. Victims of false rape accusations are consistently told that they shouldn't press charges against their accusers because "It might make it harder for real victims to come forward". It's a system where a person"s reputation can be destroyed, with little evidence, and a complete disregard for their due process and any assumption of innocence.


#1 Issue- National Debt- The nation debt needs to be reduced period. That means cutting down domestically (Excess government spending in all areas). Cutting down our national defense budget (Adopting an economically proven system of non-intervention). Stop sending aid to other countries (Israel, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia). End the Federal Reserve and its policy of printing money, and artificially lowering interest rates. And after all that excess spending/bad monetary policy is cut, we can finally get our bills under control. Once we get our bills under control, we can invest in our infrastructure, alternative fuels and our middle class.

Great article.. It definitly gets at the heart of what I'm saying. Though I never actually knew that there was a term for the concept. I believe it would not only contribute to more teenagers in the workforce, but also help steer the conversation towards adult livable wages versus the cost of living per state

I wrote it and invented the term :)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:55:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 10:31:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/13/2016 10:03:10 PM, Purch wrote:
At 9/13/2016 9:13:34 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/13/2016 11:37:16 AM, Purch wrote:
Sorry guys, before I made this thread, I hadn't posted on this site in 4 years.. As a result I completly forgot about the character limit. So when I pasted my write up didn't realize that it cut off a significant portion of the end of my post. Here's the rest




Minimum Wage- I'm pro a minimum wage based on age. A livable wage as an adult is completely different than a livable wage as a teenager. However, minimum wages shouldn't be national, but instead should be determined by states, based on their "cost of living".

https://www.abqjournal.com...
Social Justice Activism- Absolutely against, what has become one of the most toxic movements in America. People who use the blanket of social justice to limit free speech and criticism are absolutely having a negative effect on this country. These people attack comedians, politicians, businesses, celebrities, ext... And use the blanket of social justice to label everyone who disagrees with them or offends them as racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or any other buzz word meant to negatively label someone. These individuals seek to make people lose their jobs over making them uncomfortable. It all starts on college campuses, and this focus on identity politics. Whenever people are confronted with opinions that make them feel insecure about an aspect of their "identity", they run for their safe spaces, and try to demonize the other party. That"s not to say there"s not legitimate social justice causes, however this kind of activism just takes attention away from those causes. For example, something like Police and prisons disproportionately targeting minorities is something that is a legitimate reason to be outraged about and try to advocate for change.

3rd Wave Feminism- Absolutely against. Third wave feminism has an overwhelmingly negative effect on our current society. This brand of feminism blames patriarchy for every issue that they encounter in society, attacks anything associated with masculinity, and hides behind the traditional definition of feminism, which is "the fighting for the equality of both sexes". The practices of third wave feminist have evolve so far from the traditional definition, that the current ideology in no way mirrors a push for equality. Men's rights activist are constant berated for bringing the spotlight to legitimate male issues such as suicide rates, dropout rates, homicide rates, the demonization of masculinity, male rape, and male mass incarceration... Also another big issue I have with 3rd wave feminism is their completely disregard and chipping away at due process, for anyone accused of Rape/Domestic violence. Men are considered guilty until proven innocent, and their reputations are completely destroyed without remedy in the case of false rape allegations. Feminist have pushed for a culture on college campuses, where rape accusations cause individuals to be suspended/expelled and assumed guilty, on a much lower standard than would ever be acceptable in a court of law. Victims of false rape accusations are consistently told that they shouldn't press charges against their accusers because "It might make it harder for real victims to come forward". It's a system where a person"s reputation can be destroyed, with little evidence, and a complete disregard for their due process and any assumption of innocence.


#1 Issue- National Debt- The nation debt needs to be reduced period. That means cutting down domestically (Excess government spending in all areas). Cutting down our national defense budget (Adopting an economically proven system of non-intervention). Stop sending aid to other countries (Israel, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia). End the Federal Reserve and its policy of printing money, and artificially lowering interest rates. And after all that excess spending/bad monetary policy is cut, we can finally get our bills under control. Once we get our bills under control, we can invest in our infrastructure, alternative fuels and our middle class.

Great article.. It definitly gets at the heart of what I'm saying. Though I never actually knew that there was a term for the concept. I believe it would not only contribute to more teenagers in the workforce, but also help steer the conversation towards adult livable wages versus the cost of living per state

I wrote it and invented the term :)

Ah, nice nice
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Purch
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 7:43:53 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Someone on another forum I posted this on, thought I should clarify my religious views, and views on religious freedom in general.

1. As an atheist I personally have no investment, in religion or faith in really any capacity.

2. However, I'm the kind of person who's never drunk alcohol, smoked anything, or was ever invested in any crazy activities growing up. So because of the way I grew up, I naturally tends to surround myself with people who were similar to me in the way they approached the world, and socializing. As a result, a ton of my closest friends are actually pretty strong in Christian faith, that seems to lend itself to those values. So I think I've seen a lot of positive affects of Christianity on people's lives. So naturally, I'm not as antagonistic towards it as other atheist tend to be. I personally don't care much what people believe, as ling as they don't harass other people about it.

3. My libertarian side of views really come into play in the conversation over gay marrige. The government has no role in legislating morality. The government's only role is protecting peoples ability to pursue their own self interest. So religious people are free to think whatever they want about homosexual, as long as the law allows protects peoples right to marry who they choose. It seems like a lot of progressives tend to go the route, of condemining anyone who has opposition opinions about homosexuality, I never really go down that route. All I concern myself with, is that they have equal protection under the law.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 9:20:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 1:09:24 AM, Purch wrote:
I know what I generally classify myself as, but I wanted to see what members of this forum would classify me as.

Age: 23

Race: African American

Views

Religion- Atheist. Nothing more to really say

Abortion-Against, except in the case of Rape, Incest or Danger to the mother"s life. I generally feel that people should be provided with all the birth control options possible, however it's up to them to actually use them responsibly. After a life is conceived I don't believed we should terminate that due to our s. I feel the role of the court is to judge an individual"s actions, and remove him from society. When the courts decided to take someone"s life I feel it's a violation to liberty.

Euthanasia - Pro. Just like with the previous two issues, the fundamental concept is the right to life. As I've expressed every person conceived should have the right to their own life. However, that also means that in cases where the individual determines that their life is too painful to continue to live, they should have the option of ending it in a medically efficient and relatively painless way.

Capitalism- I'm pro capitalism, in most instances. However, what I'm not pro is this "crony capitalism" that has existed since around the 1920's. I blame that on a lot of things, including the devaluing of our currency (By terrible federal reserve actions), the fact that the Federal reserve is literally made up of investment bankers putting monetary policies in place that suck the value out of the middle class, and bail out corporations/banks that operate in bad faith, monetizing debt.. Ext.

Federal Reserve- Won't get too much into it... However, the Federal Reserve needs a full audit, and to be abolished. At the very least every Federal Reserve action should need an approval from congress. The reserve has caused too much damage, due to practically operating with no limits or regulation. A reserve that by its very makeup benefits bankers and corporations.

Gay marriage- Pro. This is simple, if you want to marry someone, it's not the governments roll to tell you that you can't.

Marijuana legalization- Pro. We need to treat Marijuana like we do cigarettes/alcohol. Set potency limits on commercial Marijuana. Make sure all industries adhere to strict composition standards. Let the FDA research/regulate medical Marijuana (Which can be given at higher levels with a prescription, than what's allowed to be sold at stores). Tax it highly, like what we do with cigarettes.

Electoral College- Abolish. Absolutely terrible, not a single reason I think this institution should still be in place.

Super delegates- Abolish. These systems meant to protect the voter from themselves, are absolutely just a system put in place to benefit the establishment.

Environmental Protection- This is an example of "Good government". The government has to play a major role in the management of climate change, even at the expense of the people/businesses. We need to incentivize businesses to research and innovate in alternative fuels and nuclear technology.

Estate Tax- Con. Think transfers of money between families, isn't for the Government to profit off of.

Flat Tax vs Progressive Tax- Truthfully I don't have any real preference of one over the other. The only thing that I care about is paying or national debt/balancing the budget. If that included a Flat tax, or if that includes a progressive tax then so be it. However, either tax is worthless if it doesn't get us closer to balancing the budget.

TPP- Absolutely terrible, these attempts at huge global markets have shown to have disastrous effects on economies and citizens. It's not a true free trade agreement a

EU- Terrible for the same reasons as TPP, yet for some reason there was less resistance to it than TPP.

Gun Rights- A person should be able to use a firearm to protect their property. However, firearms shouldn't be allowed in the hands of people with criminal records/certain mental disabilities.

Foreign Policy. Our current foreign policy is absolutely mindboggling. I would prefer a conversion back to the policies leading up to World War 2. The policy of non-intervention, where we were skeptical of getting involved in conflicts that don't threaten us directly. We have military bases in 1400 military bases scattered along 120+ countries. We invest heavily in a foreign policy that doesn't make us safer, but instead just causes both our enemies/allies to hate us more (What the FBI calls blowback). We need to massively cut back our defense spending, because it's the prime reason why our nation debt continues to grow. I propose that we get out of Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan as quickly as posalso need to stop interfering in the politics/civil wars of other countries, and stop overthrowing governments in an attempt to put "Puppet dictators" that support American interest. I think after decades of interfering in the Middle East (Ever since overthrowing the Shaw in 1957), we'll see that terrorism dramatically decreases when we leave them to self-govern, without American bases scattered across their land. We need to follow our constitution meaning "Every war/military intervention must have a formal vote/declaration from congress".

Social Programs/Healthcare/Education- I group these topics together because just like our foreign policy, we waste a lot of money domestically on these things, yet we don't get back the value we put into it. Our education system is lagging... We spent more on Healthcare than any other country yet it's still inefficient, and we spend way too much on inefficient social programs. I think that we need to completely remake our welfare system/healthcare system/education, into an efficient system that will cost tax payers less money for a better result. Welfare should exist with individual plans to transition people off welfare and into stability based on time periods determined by each indiv stopped immediately. Just like what I outlined previously about voting for war, any attempt to send foreindividuals can suffer yet Israel, The Philippines and Saudi Arabia can get

Moderate that leans towards liberalism. I'm a moderate that leans towards Conservativism.

-I want the border secured. Period. We need to know terrorists aren't walking in to the best of our ability.
-I'm pro gun. More general regulations don't bother me if logical.
-I take no strong stance on abortion. Depends on situation. Don't particulary care for abortion but realise it may have its place in certsin situations such as protecting the mother, rape, underage mother etc.
-No problem with homosexuals or gay marriage. It's not the lifestyle I choose, but I'm not their keeper, nor do I have anything against them. It's their life.
-I'm pro law enforcement but am strongly disappointed when a black man is gunned down if it truely seems racially motivated.
-I'm against war. Opposed invading Iraq, but once we were there I opposed the sudden withdrawel.
-I have spiritual beliefs, but don't have any need for the world to adhere to those beliefs. I'll defend the logic behind them in a site like this, but am not particularly "religious" in real life per say.
-I think Trump needs to learn more political speech, but admire his thoughts on fixing this country, defending this country, etc. His actions are not a deal breaker for me. Business is business.
-I detest Hillary. Lawbreaker, race baiter, liar(the worst lying politician of all time), scandal prone in waves. Never tells 100% truths. Hardly ever "does the right thing" or what she promises. Bought by foreign governments. Deal breakers. Got rich off of politics through a foundation funded by foreigners hostile to U.S. interests, and the biggie...plantation politics at the greatest scaleI have seen in my lifetime.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...