Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why didn't Hillary disclose her diagnosis?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 7:01:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Because she knew it would harm her prospects of getting elected given the speculation around her perceived ill health. She gambled it could be concealed from public knowledge but it backfired when she embarrassingly left the 9/11 memorial ceremony. Even then she didn't come clean, citing overheating initially before realizing this excuse was even worse than the truth as it would lead to continued speculation about mysterious health problems. All this dishonesty has in my opinion given Trump a huge boost.

I'm glad I'm not an American. Your future looks pretty gloomy with either of those two candidates as president.

My advice is to vote for one of the minor party candidates. Neither Trump or Clinton are presidential material.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 7:10:16 PM
None of those nominated are.

Many don't like to disclose phi so I don't begrudge her that... I do however begrudge her campaign, her platform....
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:34:13 PM
At 9/13/2016 7:01:27 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Because she knew it would harm her prospects of getting elected given the speculation around her perceived ill health. She gambled it could be concealed from public knowledge but it backfired when she embarrassingly left the 9/11 memorial ceremony. Even then she didn't come clean, citing overheating initially before realizing this excuse was even worse than the truth as it would lead to continued speculation about mysterious health problems. All this dishonesty has in my opinion given Trump a huge boost.

I'm glad I'm not an American. Your future looks pretty gloomy with either of those two candidates as president.

My advice is to vote for one of the minor party candidates. Neither Trump or Clinton are presidential material.

Trump looks acts, and looks like your lwader who went knuckle to knuckle with Adolph Hitler. He was labeled a bigot, a racist, etc etc. And probably saved your nation fromcertain destruction.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:35:15 PM
Leader*

Meaning...Winston Churchill
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:37:02 PM
If you ignore it, it will go away right? It's a risk vs reward sorta thing. Had she not collapsed or collapsed weeks from now it couldn't be an issue, Bring it up makes it an issue as soon as you disclose it. What benefit would have it been for her to disclose anything really. The media covers for her, apparently 77 degrees is sweltering, her camp lies for her and the throngs of mindless sheep just sit patiently waiting for their hand outs or bathrooms.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:43:49 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:37:02 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
If you ignore it, it will go away right? It's a risk vs reward sorta thing. Had she not collapsed or collapsed weeks from now it couldn't be an issue, Bring it up makes it an issue as soon as you disclose it. What benefit would have it been for her to disclose anything really. The media covers for her, apparently 77 degrees is sweltering, her camp lies for her and the throngs of mindless sheep just sit patiently waiting for their hand outs or bathrooms.

Lol. You win a bronto award.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:48:28 PM

Take a gander at link in next post

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:49:18 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:34:13 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Trump looks acts, and looks like your lwader who went knuckle to knuckle with Adolph Hitler. He was labeled a bigot, a racist, etc etc. And probably saved your nation fromcertain destruction.

It's true Winston Churchill was a great leader who played a huge role in defending the UK from Nazi Germany.

How is Trump like Churchill? Be specific? Which qualities? How are they useful qualities in 21st century America?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:51:13 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:43:49 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

awesome! I hope it comes with a big check. But give these events, I would not object to all potential candidates to pass a physical exam, it makes sense after all. I'm not sure if this close to an election anyone ever had to drop out or not, if not she could really make history being a woman and having to drop out for medical reasons. Hopefully we can look back and honor her for these 2 things.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:54:12 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:48:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com...

As you know I hate Islam. It has no place in the 21st century.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:55:11 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:51:13 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

awesome! I hope it comes with a big check. But give these events, I would not object to all potential candidates to pass a physical exam, it makes sense after all. I'm not sure if this close to an election anyone ever had to drop out or not, if not she could really make history being a woman and having to drop out for medical reasons. Hopefully we can look back and honor her for these 2 things.

You send me a check for shipping and handling and I'll send you your check...as far as you know.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:57:05 PM

I wouldn't say there was anything immoral about Hillary concealing her health problems. That was private information, and the public didn't necessarily have a right to know.

Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 8:57:13 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:55:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/13/2016 8:51:13 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

You send me a check for shipping and handling and I'll send you your check...as far as you know.

Ok, I know this Nigerian prince, good friend of mine.....
No candidate would disclose anything to anyone unless it was to their benefit in someway, sadly it's how the system is, (notice I didn't say works, because it doesn't)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:01:17 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:54:12 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I'm just sayin, one of Britain's greatest leaders literally looked, acted, and spoke similarly to Donald Trump.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:02:50 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:01:17 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I'm just sayin, one of Britain's greatest leaders literally looked, acted, and spoke similarly to Donald Trump.

I don't really see anything to suggest they had a lot in common. Most British politicians of the early 20th century disliked Islam.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:05:44 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:02:50 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I don't really see anything to suggest they had a lot in common. Most British politicians of the early 20th century disliked Islam.

So if distaste for Islam is fine, which part of his words has you agasped?

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:09:17 PM
At 9/13/2016 8:57:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I wouldn't say there was anything immoral about Hillary concealing her health problems. That was private information, and the public didn't necessarily have a right to know.

In my opinion if you are running for elected office you should give an honest as possible explanation of your health situation. Let the voters decide based on the facts. I don't see what there is to gain from concealing this type of problem. She should have been recovering from a serious illness but risked going to the ceremony to try and hide it. To me Its just setting a bad example and says a lot about both her character and her insecurity over her physical health.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:12:51 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:09:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

In my opinion if you are running for elected office you should give an honest as possible explanation of your health situation. Let the voters decide based on the facts. I don't see what there is to gain from concealing this type of problem. She should have been recovering from a serious illness but risked going to the ceremony to try and hide it. To me Its just setting a bad example and says a lot about both her character and her insecurity over her physical health.

Poor health (something that a person can't necessarily help) will cause many voters to turn on you; in some cases it could cost you an election. I'd probably hide it if I were her.
Hillary as a candidate should not be judged by her poor health as long as she's still physically capable of carrying out her duties as president.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:13:46 PM
*physically and mentally capable

The DDO Blog:

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:20:44 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:05:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

The ban on Muslims won't work. If your a terrorist you just lie your another religion as you yourself have told me many times, that's ok in Islam. It's just a popularity stunt. It would also hinder the economy and damage the economy.

I find Trump to be a pretty sexist individual and as a feminist could never vote for someone who says some of the things he does. I also don't really see anything in his platform that is really going to deliver positive change and reform. I would also be concerned about his temperament. Do you really trust him to have the authority to launch nuclear weapons?

He is a pretty risky choice in my opinion especially when you consider he has no experience in politics.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:25:16 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:12:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Poor health (something that a person can't necessarily help) will cause many voters to turn on you; in some cases it could cost you an election. I'd probably hide it if I were her.
Hillary as a candidate should not be judged by her poor health as long as she's still physically capable of carrying out her duties as president.

Well if she was honest about her health voters could make an informed decision when deciding if she was capable of physically carrying out presidential duties. If she hid something serious, like a dementia diagnosis for example that could hinder her ability to carry out presidential duties and performance in the role then voters would effectively be duped. I don't see what's wrong with being honest.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:26:45 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:20:44 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

The ban on Muslims won't work. If your a terrorist you just lie your another religion as you yourself have told me many times, that's ok in Islam. It's just a popularity stunt. It would also hinder the economy and damage the economy.

I find Trump to be a pretty sexist individual and as a feminist could never vote for someone who says some of the things he does. I also don't really see anything in his platform that is really going to deliver positive change and reform. I would also be concerned about his temperament. Do you really trust him to have the authority to launch nuclear weapons?

He is a pretty risky choice in my opinion especially when you consider he has no experience in politics.

You can halt immigration from hot zones and kill 95% of it.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:30:11 PM

Politics is the problem. No politicians know how to balance anything or make a prophet other than bribes. They think you can "spend your way out of debt". We need an economist business minded person. You say he's a sexist but he has a black female CEO over one of his companies and his daughters and ex wives say otherwise and support him.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:33:58 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:25:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Well if she was honest about her health voters could make an informed decision when deciding if she was capable of physically carrying out presidential duties. If she hid something serious, like a dementia diagnosis for example that could hinder her ability to carry out presidential duties and performance in the role then voters would effectively be duped. I don't see what's wrong with being honest.

Point being if you only took immigrants from friendly to the West nations, you'd have a .00)1% chance of an Islamic immigrant from a hostile area sneak through, and if one did, it'd just be one rather than the thousands of today.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:40:48 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:26:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Do you think it would be worth the economic and political implications?

What about all the Muslims currently in the USA? They would see this as an attack on Islam and may be radicalized by extremist groups and individuals?
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:45:35 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:30:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Politics is the problem. No politicians know how to balance anything or make a prophet other than bribes. They think you can "spend your way out of debt". We need an economist business minded person. You say he's a sexist but he has a black female CEO over one of his companies and his daughters and ex wives say otherwise and support him.

I just don't like his attitude towards women, the way he talks about them. I can see your point to a degree but his economic strategy leads to increased borrowing so I don't see any advantages from it. Maintaining spending while cutting taxes leads to more Debt and more borrowing unfortunately.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:46:48 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:33:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Point being if you only took immigrants from friendly to the West nations, you'd have a .00)1% chance of an Islamic immigrant from a hostile area sneak through, and if one did, it'd just be one rather than the thousands of today.

From what I can see the biggest threat is the Muslims currently in the USA.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:47:19 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:40:48 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/13/2016 9:26:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Do you think it would be worth the economic and political implications?

What about all the Muslims currently in the USA? They would see this as an attack on Islam and may be radicalized by extremist groups and individuals?

You have to face it at some point or it just keeps growing. No one in the West just puts their foot down and says, "we have the right to secure and defend OUR culture" while every other culture tells immigrants to screw off and defends their own interests. Are we to wait until there are 100 million American Muslims? We'd never win. They'd be brothers to the bone and ready to die, and with more power and more radicalism. That's how systematic jihad works. You come in and breed like rabbits, slowly become more and more influencial, infiltrate politics, start making demands to tweek laws, then get themtweeked again, and when you have the numbers you can hold the political system hostage, bombing and killing at manial rates, and then start making negotiations to the system "in the name of declaring a treaty orpeace". Theygive in to Sharia, you stop attacking for a bit. You makemore demands, time passes, rinse, and repeat, until you dominate the society.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 9:50:08 PM
At 9/13/2016 9:46:48 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 9/13/2016 9:33:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

From what I can see the biggest threat is the Muslims currently in the USA.

Islam declared war on the West. At some point the West has to stsrt believing Muhammed's words and believing ex Muslims and declare war back.