Jump to topic:

Taxes

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:18:50 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Let's see where people stand: the most fair tax?

1. Flat
2. Vat or national sales (same %)
3. Current progressive
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:35:22 AM
At 9/14/2016 12:18:50 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

Current progressive is the only way to tax, without drastically cutting necessary programs.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:00:23 AM

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

Flat tax
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:07:06 AM

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

Why not Regressive? Why not Negative?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:07:20 AM
Flat tax.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:30:23 AM
At 9/14/2016 1:07:06 AM, lannan13 wrote:

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

Why not Regressive? Why not Negative?

Many claim sin tax, and flat tax, is regressive. I don't necessarily agree but wanted to stick with the 3 main tax policies currently discussed without getting bogged down in minutiae.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:49:14 AM
At 9/14/2016 12:35:22 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

Current progressive is the only way to tax, without drastically cutting necessary programs.

Current progressive system has led to the whoring out of political favors to the crony capitalists to the tune of thousands of unneeded pages of arbitrary tax exemptions. The rich aren't getting taxed anymore under the current tiered system with all the paid for exemptions. The current plan needs to be scrapped, along with all the crony exemptions.

Basic minimum income will do a far better job than the current system, and without all the crony corruption.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:34:55 AM
For the record, I am for a flat or vat or national sales tax as everyone pays the same percentage, about 8000 pages could be cut from the cfr, and the IRS could go bye bye
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:37:54 AM

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

I think the Federal Government should be permitted to lay a sales tax and a progressive income tax, but there should be a constitutionally-mandated restriction on how much they can collect (but not in proportion to any census). Mark Levin, in 'The Liberty Amendments' suggest that Congress should not have power to lay a tax of more 15% on a person's income (legal persons); but that this can be overridden by a two-thirds vote of both Houses; although he believes that the Federal Government shouldn't levy a VAT tax.

What do you think of this?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:03:59 AM
National sales tax on all goods and service with exception on food, healthcare, child care, and savings deposits.

Tax durable goods to brokerage and clearing house services. Plenty of money, easy to implement, easy to adjust, and no personal or business income tax.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:06:19 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:37:54 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:

1. Flat
3. Current progressive

I think the Federal Government should be permitted to lay a sales tax and a progressive income tax, but there should be a constitutionally-mandated restriction on how much they can collect (but not in proportion to any census). Mark Levin, in 'The Liberty Amendments' suggest that Congress should not have power to lay a tax of more 15% on a person's income (legal persons); but that this can be overridden by a two-thirds vote of both Houses; although he believes that the Federal Government shouldn't levy a VAT tax.

What do you think of this?

The issue with that is state and local, as well as property, vehicle, etc... At 15%, those numbers will still climb into the mid 20's, basically where many are now (and that doesn't include estate, state sales, etc...), and FICA.

The highest I'd grudgingly agree to is a cap at the federal level of 10% in any manifestation. A sovereigns legal burden should not exceed an absolute total of 20% of state, federal, local, property, sales, FICA, etc... Imo.

With a then reduced bloated state and federal revenue service, military reduction especially our ludicrous base presence (estimates range up to 140 countries but those include things like radar outposts which can be remote monitored) we could get to a balanced budget and reduction of federal debt vs just servicing the interest.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:07:40 AM
At 9/14/2016 4:03:59 AM, slo1 wrote:
National sales tax on all goods and service with exception on food, healthcare, child care, and savings deposits.

Tax durable goods to brokerage and clearing house services. Plenty of money, easy to implement, easy to adjust, and no personal or business income tax.

For a progressive that is a very reasonable proposition.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:47:38 AM
At 9/14/2016 11:07:40 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Until everyone realizes the taxation upon financial transactions radically changes things. Buy a stock, pay a tax. Initiate a loan, pay a tax. Bank charges a late fee? They pay a tax upon collecting it. Garbage collection, pay a tax. Hell why not? Deposit money in checking account, pay a tax.

It would be designed so those with the most cash flows flying around pay the most taxes. Even on labor which is a service. Pay for labor, pay a tax.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:55:04 AM
At 9/14/2016 11:47:38 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 11:07:40 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Until everyone realizes the taxation upon financial transactions radically changes things. Buy a stock, pay a tax. Initiate a loan, pay a tax. Bank charges a late fee? They pay a tax upon collecting it. Garbage collection, pay a tax. Hell why not? Deposit money in checking account, pay a tax.

It would be designed so those with the most cash flows flying around pay the most taxes. Even on labor which is a service. Pay for labor, pay a tax.

At a reasonable rate it would still be accepted more than a progressive income tax. I'm extremely anti-tax and only 1 or 2 of the transactions proposed would I oppose (checking and garbage as that falls under essential service)