Jump to topic:

Labeling Millions of People

CRandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:53:21 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that. She labeled people who she doesn't even know. She went too far. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.

I won't label Hillary's supporters because I know nothing about them and I haven't got the right to judge them. I know nothing about Hillary's supporters but I do know about Hillary. She is PREJUDICE. I wish that labeling and judging those people was the only incident of her bigotry but there have been others. I have a message for Hillary: "Before you judge any other innocent people, you should take a good look at yourself but you'll probably puke when you do".
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:58:21 AM
I'll go ahead and label any Hillary Clinton supporters who've stuck around until now: S-T-U-P-I-D. I doubt any Hillary Clinton supporters can name one good thing about Hillary Clinton other than "She's not Donald Trump".

Disclaimer: This post in no way reflects the views of NBC or any of its affiliates.
Disclaimer: This post in no way reflects the views of NBC or any of its affiliates.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:55:16 AM
At 9/14/2016 1:53:21 AM, CRandy wrote:
Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that. She labeled people who she doesn't even know. She went too far. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.

I won't label Hillary's supporters because I know nothing about them and I haven't got the right to judge them. I know nothing about Hillary's supporters but I do know about Hillary. She is PREJUDICE. I wish that labeling and judging those people was the only incident of her bigotry but there have been others. I have a message for Hillary: "Before you judge any other innocent people, you should take a good look at yourself but you'll probably puke when you do".

It is too bad your candidate doesn't heed your message,
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 7:06:07 AM
At 9/14/2016 1:58:21 AM, Snazzy wrote:
I'll go ahead and label any Hillary Clinton supporters who've stuck around until now: S-T-U-P-I-D. I doubt any Hillary Clinton supporters can name one good thing about Hillary Clinton other than "She's not Donald Trump".

Weekend at Hillary's is the trend.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 7:07:21 AM
At 9/14/2016 7:06:07 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:58:21 AM, Snazzy wrote:

Weekend at Hillary's is the trend.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 7:20:19 AM
At 9/14/2016 3:55:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Yet you don't seem to have any problem doing it yourself..... hypocrite.
zaarbuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 8:40:01 AM

Easily half of all Trump supporters fit at least one of those descriptions (racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic). So she isn't wrong and I don't need to meet them all to know this. She had every RIGHT (First Amendment) to say that, just like all of them have the RIGHT to be racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, bigots. There is a difference between HAVING a right and BEING right though. And the people who should be ashamed are the racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, bigots; not the people who call them out for it. To say that as the DEMOCRATIC candidate took balls. When Trump labels millions of people he has never met as criminals, rapists, or lazy no one bats an eye, his numbers go up.

Now do not mistake me for a Hillary supporter. You are right she is also prejudice, just more subtle about is and IMHO almost as bad as Trump. This is laterally the first good thing I've had to say about her other than "She is not Trump" and that alone is not enough to convince me to vote for her. I will probably vote Jill, though if I was in a different state I might be convinced to vote Johnson.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 10:54:51 AM
So if half of trump supports are an 'ist' of some stripe, and people are confident of that number, are half of Clinton supporters an 'ist' of a different stripe just as valid?

Arbitrarily pulling these percentages out of ones azz is asinine, whoever is doing it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:08:13 AM

Moorgan Freeman sits on my right shoulder giving me wisdom and insite. Hillary sits on my left shoulder in red tights, with horns and signature pointy tail. She smokes pot.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:52:19 AM
At 9/14/2016 7:20:19 AM, Beisht_Kione wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:55:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Yet you don't seem to have any problem doing it yourself..... hypocrite.

With such venom and hate. I must have labeled you in the past. Sorry for triggering you.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:41:41 PM

She does have a right to say that, and I thought the actual quote with surrounding speech came across as more challenging then insulting, not that it isn't insulting. I guess its all in the way you take it. I have no issue with the statement, and seem to be a minority. The reason I have no issue, is probably something along the lines of

A) She doesn't know me
B) Her words don't carry weight

C) What if she's right? There is a chance you know.

D) What if she's wrong? We are wasting our time

E) I have believed for years that voters in America need to be insulted, not because we are deplorable people, but because we are just so bad at voting as a people that you can't help but present the degree without insulting. We are really pretty bad at our end of the bargain.

Anyway, I cried for a couple hours for myself and my country, but I'm all better now. Hillary is obviously a nasty $%$# and since she said there are significant amounts of Americans that are deplorable, she obviously doesn't have a realistic view of our country, and should apologize immediately. We should NOT focus on any positive aspects of anything she sais, especially if it openly challenges you to take a second look at exactly why you are voting for someone.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:55:44 PM
At 9/14/2016 3:41:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

She does have a right to say that, and I thought the actual quote with surrounding speech came across as more challenging then insulting, not that it isn't insulting. I guess its all in the way you take it. I have no issue with the statement, and seem to be a minority. The reason I have no issue, is probably something along the lines of

A) She doesn't know me
B) Her words don't carry weight

C) What if she's right? There is a chance you know.

D) What if she's wrong? We are wasting our time

E) I have believed for years that voters in America need to be insulted, not because we are deplorable people, but because we are just so bad at voting as a people that you can't help but present the degree without insulting. We are really pretty bad at our end of the bargain.

Anyway, I cried for a couple hours for myself and my country, but I'm all better now. Hillary is obviously a nasty $%$# and since she said there are significant amounts of Americans that are deplorable, she obviously doesn't have a realistic view of our country, and should apologize immediately. We should NOT focus on any positive aspects of anything she sais, especially if it openly challenges you to take a second look at exactly why you are voting for someone.

One more thing. She did her Hillary thing and turned a very bold statement into a safe remark that can be generally accepted if you read the context of the quote. The act of having only a partial amount of Trumps voters included blindly, means that none of the Trump supporters should be insulted unless the fit into the categories she established, which just so happen to be universally insulting characteristics to the majority of Americans, like racists.

She didn't label YOU, nor millions of people. She simply admitted that there are people that fit that label, without pointing at them directly.

Please don't mistake any of this for defending her. I merely have distaste for the selection of the entire quote people are choosing to focus on, and find it "deplorable" the way political quotes are manipulated to fit certain agendas, and then believed and spread.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:19:41 PM

While there are a number of despicable people supporting trump (David Duke, Marine le Pen, Jared Taylor, etc.) to label a majority of them as deplorable is simply disingenuous and wrong. More than 90% of them are either a) simply people who have been shut out of the political arena, who have lost everything thanks to Neoliberal economic policies which favor elites and have been suckered into believing Trumps demagoguery, or b) people who just don't want clinton in the white house.
And Clinton has a lot of nerve calling Trumps backers deplorable, because Clinton should really look at her own house.
Henry Kissinger, Lloyd Blankfein, Jamie Dimon, Ellen J. Kullman, Alex Rodriguez, Kim Kardashian, and numerous other war criminals, corrupt banksters and assorted a--holes
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:28:07 PM
At 9/14/2016 4:19:41 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

While there are a number of despicable people supporting trump (David Duke, Marine le Pen, Jared Taylor, etc.) to label a majority of them as deplorable is simply disingenuous and wrong. More than 90% of them are either a) simply people who have been shut out of the political arena, who have lost everything thanks to Neoliberal economic policies which favor elites and have been suckered into believing Trumps demagoguery, or b) people who just don't want clinton in the white house.
And Clinton has a lot of nerve calling Trumps backers deplorable, because Clinton should really look at her own house.
Henry Kissinger, Lloyd Blankfein, Jamie Dimon, Ellen J. Kullman, Alex Rodriguez, Kim Kardashian, and numerous other war criminals, corrupt banksters and assorted a--holes

simply people who have been shut out of the political arena, who have lost everything thanks to Neoliberal economic policies which favor elites and have been suckered into believing Trumps demagoguery,

You didn't get the Republican talking points? That is because they are lazy and don't work hard enough.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:11:11 PM
At 9/14/2016 5:28:07 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 4:19:41 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

simply people who have been shut out of the political arena, who have lost everything thanks to Neoliberal economic policies which favor elites and have been suckered into believing Trumps demagoguery,

You didn't get the Republican talking points? That is because they are lazy and don't work hard enough.

Honestly does the majority of ANY voting block not default to lazy?