Jump to topic:

Any Anarcho-Capitalists out There?

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:14:14 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Just wondering. This ideology, it seems to me, disproves the notion that the freer the market, the freer the people. The freedom of large corporations is inversely proportional to the freedom of the workers (e.g. slavery). Any thoughts from libertarians or anarcho-capitalists?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:23:34 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:14:14 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Just wondering. This ideology, it seems to me, disproves the notion that the freer the market, the freer the people. The freedom of large corporations is inversely proportional to the freedom of the workers (e.g. slavery). Any thoughts from libertarians or anarcho-capitalists?

"I don't like libertarianism, so I will use the most extreme example I can think of to disprove a free market"
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:28:10 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:23:34 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

"I don't like libertarianism, so I will use the most extreme example I can think of to disprove a free market"

I'm not trying to bash libertarianism--I think it works in small societies with small corporations, but, much like communism, it breaks down when put into effect on a larger scale. Anyhow, I'm just trying to refute the idea that a freer market is a freer population. It's just not true--if it was, anarcho-capitalism would be the freest society of all, and it clearly isn't.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:30:14 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:28:10 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

I'm not trying to bash libertarianism--I think it works in small societies with small corporations, but, much like communism, it breaks down when put into effect on a larger scale. Anyhow, I'm just trying to refute the idea that a freer market is a freer population. It's just not true--if it was, anarcho-capitalism would be the freest society of all, and it clearly isn't.

>libertarianism being compared to communism

lol ok
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:37:40 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:30:14 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

lol ok

Sure, I'll compare extreme libertarianism to communism. It's two sides of the same coin. In communism, government has control of everything. As you move towards the libertarian end of the political compass and government has less and less control, large corporations can seize power and create a totalitarian "regime" once free from government regulation. Again I use slavery as an example. If the government can't regulate it, corporations will take advantage of it. And they did...slavery only ended once government intervened.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:00:27 AM
At 9/14/2016 2:37:40 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:30:14 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

lol ok

Sure, I'll compare extreme libertarianism to communism. It's two sides of the same coin. In communism, government has control of everything. As you move towards the libertarian end of the political compass and government has less and less control, large corporations can seize power and create a totalitarian "regime" once free from government regulation. Again I use slavery as an example. If the government can't regulate it, corporations will take advantage of it. And they did...slavery only ended once government intervened.

Ah, typical strawman saying that libertarianism is corporatism...

Regulations benefit corporations by disturbing the free market. Also remember corporatism won't happen if proper laws are set in place and enforced...