Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
zaarbuc
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 8:21:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.

Probably but if you don't want a Republican in office why vote for Clinton? She is one.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 8:24:45 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 8:21:34 AM, zaarbuc wrote:
Probably but if you don't want a Republican in office why vote for Clinton? She is one.

She is not a member of the Republican Party. I have no bother for semantics beyond that.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 8:26:21 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

Do you mean support as in hold her up when she collapses?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 10:55:41 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

Because she can't hold herself up without support?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:45:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 10:55:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

Because she can't hold herself up without support?

Well, of course. But why would you want to hold her up?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:47:35 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Okay, that's a fair comparison.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.

Sure, he most likely is. But her criminal activity is out in the open... how can you support that? Is it simply on the basis of what you said above? I think your reasoning is justifiable because of who she is running against. Were she running against someone a little better, I think it wouldn't be reason enough to prefer a documented criminal.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:51:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:47:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Sure, he most likely is. But her criminal activity is out in the open... how can you support that? Is it simply on the basis of what you said above? I think your reasoning is justifiable because of who she is running against. Were she running against someone a little better, I think it wouldn't be reason enough to prefer a documented criminal.

My reluctant support for Hillary Clinton has little to do with Trump. Quite simply, I would never choose a Republican conservative over Hillary Clinton unless something new came to light.

I dislike Clinton, but there is no evidence for her criminal activity.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:52:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 8:26:21 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

Do you mean support as in hold her up when she collapses?

It seems like that's all it is.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:58:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:51:50 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:47:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Sure, he most likely is. But her criminal activity is out in the open... how can you support that? Is it simply on the basis of what you said above? I think your reasoning is justifiable because of who she is running against. Were she running against someone a little better, I think it wouldn't be reason enough to prefer a documented criminal.

My reluctant support for Hillary Clinton has little to do with Trump. Quite simply, I would never choose a Republican conservative over Hillary Clinton unless something new came to light.

That makes sense. In the same way, my support for Trump has little to do with Hillary Clinton besides my interpretation of the "lesser of two evils." I would never choose a Democratic liberal over Trump unless something new came to light. I guess it just boils down to what political ideology we assign necessary for the president. And you don't live in the US, do you?

I dislike Clinton, but there is no evidence for her criminal activity.

Do you think the email scandal is sufficient evidence for criminal activity?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:00:47 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:58:00 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Do you think the email scandal is sufficient evidence for criminal activity?

No.

By the way, the reason I dislike Clinton has nothing to do with these scandals. It has more to do with what she did when she was Secretary of State.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:02:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:00:47 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:58:00 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Do you think the email scandal is sufficient evidence for criminal activity?

No.

Interesting.

By the way, the reason I dislike Clinton has nothing to do with these scandals. It has more to do with what she did when she was Secretary of State.

Benghazi? Or just how she handled the office?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:03:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:02:27 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:00:47 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:58:00 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Do you think the email scandal is sufficient evidence for criminal activity?

No.

Interesting.

It was irresponsible, but not criminal.

By the way, the reason I dislike Clinton has nothing to do with these scandals. It has more to do with what she did when she was Secretary of State.

Benghazi? Or just how she handled the office?

I just said "nothing to do with these scandals." That already answers your question.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:07:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I will let you know that there are people with logical reasons to support Clinton.

Multiple economists support her for having the best economic policies -- I disagree with them, but my point being you can judge a presidential candidate by their policies too.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:08:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:03:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:02:27 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:00:47 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:58:00 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Do you think the email scandal is sufficient evidence for criminal activity?

No.

Interesting.

It was irresponsible, but not criminal.

By the way, the reason I dislike Clinton has nothing to do with these scandals. It has more to do with what she did when she was Secretary of State.

Benghazi? Or just how she handled the office?

I just said "nothing to do with these scandals." That already answers your question.

Okay, sorry.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
NHN
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:10:08 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Why do you support Hillary Clinton?
P. J. O'Rourke, who supported Rand Paul in the primaries, defined his support for Clinton a while back:

"I am endorsing Hillary, and all her lies and all her empty promises [...] It's the second-worst thing that can happen to this country, but she's way behind in second place. She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."
http://www.npr.org...

For Trump it is just a question of how much his campaigners can twist reality to fit the narrative. The closest thing to a Trump presidency may actually be what Peter Thiel hinted at recently (https://www.washingtonpost.com...), which is big government on steroids and antithetical to the nativist Southern Strategy (10th Amendment included).

That schizophrenia -- "negotiability" -- is what drives the Trump campaign to focus on conspiracy instead of policy.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:11:25 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:07:15 PM, tejretics wrote:
I will let you know that there are people with logical reasons to support Clinton.

Multiple economists support her for having the best economic policies -- I disagree with them, but my point being you can judge a presidential candidate by their policies too.

Yeah, I've seen that, and I also disagree.

I wasn't saying you can't or shouldn't judge a presidential candidate by their policies, sorry if it sounded like that. I'm only saying scandals and such should have at least some weight in a voters' decision. Bill Clinton was impeached in part for perjury, and if the indications of a candidate point to something possibly like that, voters should be wary.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:14:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:11:25 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Yeah, I've seen that, and I also disagree.

What would your economic policy platform look like if you ran for president?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:14:20 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:10:08 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Why do you support Hillary Clinton?
P. J. O'Rourke, who supported Rand Paul in the primaries, defined his support for Clinton a while back:

"I am endorsing Hillary, and all her lies and all her empty promises [...] It's the second-worst thing that can happen to this country, but she's way behind in second place. She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."
http://www.npr.org...

For Trump it is just a question of how much his campaigners can twist reality to fit the narrative. The closest thing to a Trump presidency may actually be what Peter Thiel hinted at recently (https://www.washingtonpost.com...), which is big government on steroids and antithetical to the nativist Southern Strategy (10th Amendment included).

That schizophrenia -- "negotiability" -- is what drives the Trump campaign to focus on conspiracy instead of policy.

That makes sense.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:23:13 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:14:10 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:11:25 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Yeah, I've seen that, and I also disagree.

What would your economic policy platform look like if you ran for president?

I don't know... there's a lot to consider.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:27:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:23:13 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I don't know... there's a lot to consider.

What do you want to see in a presidential candidate?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:35:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:27:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:23:13 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I don't know... there's a lot to consider.

What do you want to see in a presidential candidate?

Someone with a political ideology similar to mine, who will be tough on immigration, support free market economics, and conservative on social issues..
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:36:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:35:07 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:27:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:23:13 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I don't know... there's a lot to consider.

What do you want to see in a presidential candidate?

Someone with a political ideology similar to mine, who will be tough on immigration, support free market economics, and conservative on social issues..

Specific, please? Like, what specific policies do you want implemented, changed or abolished?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 3:59:51 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

I like to hear why many of my fellow progressives are voting for her instead of someone like Jill Stein, and I always here a few arguments.
a. We can't afford to have Trump in the white house (or some variation of this)
b. Jill Stein has no chance (which is kind of ridiculous given candidates have a chance when you vote for them)
c. Its time for a woman president (because Jill Stein isn't a woman?)
d. Bernie endorsed her (because the movement is all about the man after all, oh wait, it's not)
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:01:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.

So why vote for either of them. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson both exist and are on the ballot in enough states to win the electoral college.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:07:06 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:36:05 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:35:07 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:27:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/14/2016 3:23:13 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I don't know... there's a lot to consider.

What do you want to see in a presidential candidate?

Someone with a political ideology similar to mine, who will be tough on immigration, support free market economics, and conservative on social issues..

Specific, please? Like, what specific policies do you want implemented, changed or abolished?

A flat tax, no significant raise of the minimum wage, drug-testing requirements for welfare recipients, removal of death penalty, military and public spending cuts, removal of affirmative action programs, etc.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:12:35 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 3:59:51 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 2:27:32 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
This is an honest inquiry. I know there are plenty of people who legitimately support Hillary Clinton. My question is, why? The further I look into it, the more I see incriminating evidence of her corruption, dishonesty, and fickle politics. If your reason is "she's not Trump," that's fine, I'd like to hear it. But, I'm sure there are other reasons (or at least I would hope there is) people support her. I can't find any logical reason why anyone would support her, so I'd like to hear it straight from those who do.

Why do you support Hillary Clinton?

I like to hear why many of my fellow progressives are voting for her instead of someone like Jill Stein, and I always here a few arguments.
a. We can't afford to have Trump in the white house (or some variation of this)
b. Jill Stein has no chance (which is kind of ridiculous given candidates have a chance when you vote for them)

Not enough people WILL vote for her. The US is too strongly entrenched in the two-party system. She does in fact have NO chance.

c. Its time for a woman president (because Jill Stein isn't a woman?)
d. Bernie endorsed her (because the movement is all about the man after all, oh wait, it's not)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:14:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 4:01:57 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.

So why vote for either of them. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson both exist and are on the ballot in enough states to win the electoral college.

But they won't. Especially in this election. People vote for who they know when they're uninformed (which is a lot of people, hence our 55% voter turnout), and everyone knows Hillary and Trump. They won't bother looking past those two names.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:18:55 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 4:01:57 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 7:50:51 AM, tejretics wrote:
Simply, I agree with her positions more than I agree with Trump's positions. A Republican in office is not exactly something I look forward to.

Trump is probably as dishonest as she is.

So why vote for either of them. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson both exist and are on the ballot in enough states to win the electoral college.

Jill Stein has some weird views, e.g. vaccines.

I disagree with Gary Johnson on the majority of issues, and he has surprisingly low knowledge of multiple issues.

Also, neither of them has a chance. Because not enough people will vote for them.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass