Jump to topic:

what do black people want?

KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 10:35:25 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
do you want the population of the united states to be equal? have more babies. do you want white people to all somehow collectively apologize for being born white? do you want white people to give you all their property and then disappear? what the hell do you want?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 10:47:08 PM
At 9/14/2016 10:35:25 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
do you want the population of the united states to be equal? have more babies. do you want white people to all somehow collectively apologize for being born white? do you want white people to give you all their property and then disappear? what the hell do you want?

They want what all people want. They want financial security; they want to love somebody and for somebody to love them. They want a comfortable home. They want enough food to eat, and a little bit more. They want to be able to leave home without being harassed or discriminated against. They want to be in good health.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 10:48:34 PM

Power.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 10:57:09 AM
At 9/14/2016 10:47:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

They want what all people want. They want financial security; they want to love somebody and for somebody to love them. They want a comfortable home. They want enough food to eat, and a little bit more. They want to be able to leave home without being harassed or discriminated against. They want to be in good health.

I'm a minority immigrant. I worked hard, got mine, and made it happen. My advice is if you want something work your tailend off. There are successful blacks everywhere. There are poor whites everywhere. This has become mindless.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Q-ter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:11:51 AM
do you want the population of the united states to be equal? have more babies. do you want white people to all somehow collectively apologize for being born white? do you want white people to give you all their property and then disappear? what the hell do you want? : :

The problem that AMERICANS with darker colored skin have is with people who say this, "black people".
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:48:25 AM
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of property

Another race baiting thread. Whether black, brown, white, red, or yellow I am going to start blasting all racial threads as they are disgusting.

We all want the same s.it out of life.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:52:26 AM

For blacks in general that is a question that I don't have the answer to, I can't speak for other blacks, but in my observation, a lot of blacks seem to want ultimate freedom, and the opportunity to make a life that is comfortable and enjoyable for themselves and their family.

I think the real question, and where the conflict comes is HOW can blacks achieve the life they envision for themselves within USA. The question of how is where the misguidance derives and the derailment continues to plague blacks. It's been a real challenge to convince blacks to evoke foresight when outside entities are constantly trying to manipulate the outcome of their lives.

But for myself I've figured it out, and I want:
Freedom, independence, liberty, an absence of undue restrictions and an opportunity to exercise one's human rights and powers. The right to enjoy all the privileges of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like. The power to exercise choice and make decisions only within the constraint of negatively infringing upon others rights; autonomy; self-determination; self sustainability. Minimum government, maximum freedom.

I am living the life that I envision for the most part, some things I am still fighting for though.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:10:10 PM
At 9/15/2016 11:52:26 AM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

For blacks in general that is a question that I don't have the answer to, I can't speak for other blacks, but in my observation, a lot of blacks seem to want ultimate freedom, and the opportunity to make a life that is comfortable and enjoyable for themselves and their family.

I think the real question, and where the conflict comes is HOW can blacks achieve the life they envision for themselves within USA. The question of how is where the misguidance derives and the derailment continues to plague blacks. It's been a real challenge to convince blacks to evoke foresight when outside entities are constantly trying to manipulate the outcome of their lives.

Freedom, independence, liberty, an absence of undue restrictions and an opportunity to exercise one's human rights and powers. The right to enjoy all the privileges of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like. The power to exercise choice and make decisions only within the constraint of negatively infringing upon others rights; autonomy; self-determination; self sustainability. Minimum government, maximum freedom.

I am living the life that I envision for the most part, some things I am still fighting for though.

Don't be a citizen, it makes one a slave to dc. BE A SOVEREIGN.

https://www.1215.org...

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of property. We have universal, not government granted, rights.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:27:15 PM
At 9/15/2016 12:10:10 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of property. We have universal, not government granted, rights.

Excellent passage, thanks for sharing.

After reading it, I feel as though we've lost control over this concept, and it's great in principle, but in practicality people are too comfortable and trusting in our current government, many accept the concept of just being citizen, and think it's the governments job to provide for you. I feel that our US government is too large and too far gone, it may take a deadly revolution to recalibrate our government....
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:30:15 PM
At 9/15/2016 11:11:51 AM, Q-ter wrote:
do you want the population of the united states to be equal? have more babies. do you want white people to all somehow collectively apologize for being born white? do you want white people to give you all their property and then disappear? what the hell do you want? : :

The problem that AMERICANS with darker colored skin have is with people who say this, "black people".

Black Lives Matter.
Black Entertainment Television.
NAACP.
"Black College Reunion".

I agree. Its a problem only when white people say it.

For... reasons, or something.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:32:06 PM
At 9/15/2016 10:57:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

I'm a minority immigrant. I worked hard, got mine, and made it happen. My advice is if you want something work your tailend off. There are successful blacks everywhere. There are poor whites everywhere. This has become mindless.

so very true, but it's easier to ask people what they want then hand it to them. Race is irrelevant as people are individuals with their own minds. If we are to raise the poor up we need jobs and education so they can be weened off the government dependencies that are so difficult to break out of.
This story I know first hand, parties where non minorities, not that it makes any difference.
Guy's girl friend wants him to buy some of her friends "food stamps" (it's a card now) she will take 50 cents on the dollar. She has 2 children wants $200 cash for Christmas. Guy gives in after girl friend begs etc. Says he'll pay dollar for dollar doesn't want to take advantage of the situation. Guy and girl friend go to store, keep track, try to spend as close to $200 as they can, he makes her swipe the card. As the leave he looks at receipt, there's till over $700 on the card for that month. She was getting $900 for food for her and 2 children. I have a good job, work full time, I couldn't afford to pay $900 for food every month, anyone see something wrong here? Do government programs mostly keep people dependent? From my experiences and first hand knowledge I think so.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:34:30 PM
At 9/15/2016 12:27:15 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
At 9/15/2016 12:10:10 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Excellent passage, thanks for sharing.

After reading it, I feel as though we've lost control over this concept, and it's great in principle, but in practicality people are too comfortable and trusting in our current government, many accept the concept of just being citizen, and think it's the governments job to provide for you. I feel that our US government is too large and too far gone, it may take a deadly revolution to recalibrate our government....

Until passage of the 14th amendment this concept was taught. The 14th defined a citizen... Although I ABSOLUTELY agree with equal protection, the rest of it was the beginning of the destruction of individual sovereignty... The concept of my rights end where yours begin. All of us, man/woman, all ethnicities, are kings/queens unto ourselves with federal servants to US.

I have become very vocal on this concept over the last few years and I'll take every negative label or crazy comment because WE ALL must realize dc is our servant. Rights are not 'granted'. Rights are restrictions on the tyrants in Washington and that is exactly how our federal system was set up.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:53:22 PM
At 9/15/2016 12:32:06 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

so very true, but it's easier to ask people what they want then hand it to them. Race is irrelevant as people are individuals with their own minds. If we are to raise the poor up we need jobs and education so they can be weened off the government dependencies that are so difficult to break out of.
This story I know first hand, parties where non minorities, not that it makes any difference.
Guy's girl friend wants him to buy some of her friends "food stamps" (it's a card now) she will take 50 cents on the dollar. She has 2 children wants $200 cash for Christmas. Guy gives in after girl friend begs etc. Says he'll pay dollar for dollar doesn't want to take advantage of the situation. Guy and girl friend go to store, keep track, try to spend as close to $200 as they can, he makes her swipe the card. As the leave he looks at receipt, there's till over $700 on the card for that month. She was getting $900 for food for her and 2 children. I have a good job, work full time, I couldn't afford to pay $900 for food every month, anyone see something wrong here? Do government programs mostly keep people dependent? From my experiences and first hand knowledge I think so.

I think it's a political tool. Plantation politics. You hear it all the time. One side says "protect the border", which sounds abrasive. The other side says "let everyone in. We are tollerant and you are racists". But then that same side says "we should let them in. They are doing the jobs no one wants to do anyways". That's not helpful. That is slavery minus having to pay the slaves' livelihood. You pay them aboutas much as it would cost to keep a slave going, but giving them a false sense of freedom and acting like you "are helping them", but as the early statement pointed out. Our "help" is to "give them jobs no one wants to do. The poor aren't technically slaves but ARE enslaved. They do what no one else wants to do for a little of nothing. It's slavery by another name. If a person wants out of that perpetual cycle, they have to leave the plantation bribes in the rearview mirror and go make it happen for themselves.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 1:31:16 PM
At 9/15/2016 12:53:22 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I think it's a political tool. Plantation politics. You hear it all the time. One side says "protect the border", which sounds abrasive. The other side says "let everyone in. We are tollerant and you are racists". But then that same side says "we should let them in. They are doing the jobs no one wants to do anyways". That's not helpful. That is slavery minus having to pay the slaves' livelihood. You pay them aboutas much as it would cost to keep a slave going, but giving them a false sense of freedom and acting like you "are helping them", but as the early statement pointed out. Our "help" is to "give them jobs no one wants to do. The poor aren't technically slaves but ARE enslaved. They do what no one else wants to do for a little of nothing. It's slavery by another name. If a person wants out of that perpetual cycle, they have to leave the plantation bribes in the rearview mirror and go make it happen for themselves.

Well said! Government dependency is just a palatable form of control and keeping people down, akin to modern slavery. It's masterfully designed when you think about. The design is setup so generations continue to perpetuate it, it's the norm, rewarded and socially accepted. What a diabolically brilliant system to keep the poor down and people in power. Those rare few who escape should be greatly celebrated.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 1:35:29 PM
At 9/15/2016 1:31:16 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Well said! Government dependency is just a palatable form of control and keeping people down, akin to modern slavery. It's masterfully designed when you think about. The design is setup so generations continue to perpetuate it, it's the norm, rewarded and socially accepted. What a diabolically brilliant system to keep the poor down and people in power. Those rare few who escape should be greatly celebrated.

Sovereign not citizen!!!!
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:06:32 PM
At 9/15/2016 1:35:29 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

synonymous with Independent and dependent.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:20:15 PM
At 9/15/2016 2:06:32 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 1:35:29 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

synonymous with Independent and dependent.

Exactly. And i will make this point at every turn even if I only spark the inclination for people to look into it themselves.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:32:09 PM

Instead of belittling and ridiculing their argument, maybe you should go ask Black people what they want and listen to what they say and their arguments for why they want it.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:42:03 PM
At 9/14/2016 10:48:34 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Power.

(Stop exposing us)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:50:31 PM
At 9/15/2016 2:32:09 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

Instead of belittling and ridiculing their argument, maybe you should go ask Black people what they want and listen to what they say and their arguments for why they want it.

And maybe you should not try to be the social conscious and instead allow each individual, black, Latino, white, first nationer, or Asian decide for themself.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:00:08 PM
At 9/15/2016 2:50:31 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

And maybe you should not try to be the social conscious and instead allow each individual, black, Latino, white, first nationer, or Asian decide for themself.

I am allowing each individual to decide. You do that by listening to the arguments made and then deciding for yourself.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:03:32 PM
At 9/15/2016 3:00:08 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

I am allowing each individual to decide. You do that by listening to the arguments made and then deciding for yourself.

Really? You lumped all 'black people'together in your response to that poster. It's not a monolithic group. Even if the op was simple minded, so was your response.

All 'whiteys' aren't the same... No group has a single minded thought process.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:09:59 PM
At 9/15/2016 3:03:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Really? You lumped all 'black people'together in your response to that poster. It's not a monolithic group. Even if the op was simple minded, so was your response.

Well yes and no, but that is a discussion for sociologists.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:13:44 PM
At 9/15/2016 3:09:59 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 3:03:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Well yes and no, but that is a discussion for sociologists.

So leave it to the individual. Dispute all lumping, that which you agree with and that which you find offensive.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:22:51 PM
"Poor" even within itself is semantical. Poor compared to what? Ethiopia? There are "poor"people all around me claiming to be poor while having flat screen tv's, I-phones, internet, Dish Network, clean running water, a magic food card. Come on now. That's having it cushy in most of the world.

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:25:28 PM
At 9/15/2016 4:22:51 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Poor" even within itself is semantical. Poor compared to what? Ethiopia? There are "poor"people all around me claiming to be poor while having flat screen tv's, I-phones, internet, Dish Network, clean running water, a magic food card. Come on now. That's having it cushy in most of the world.

Very good point bronto. Don't forget shoes, clothes, and access to healthcare.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:28:43 PM
One could buy a lot of shoes and clothes if they weren't paying for unneccessary cable ,cell phones, and internet access.

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:34:35 PM
as I reread some of the posts I looked at the title, and this isn't meant to be a criticism of the poster at all but rather the inconsistency with societal issue.
"what do black people want?"
This implies and perhaps rightly so, everyone doesn't want the same basic things. We aren't suppose to judge based on "color" and yet it's always thrown in our faces, we are suppose to be color blind but acknowledge their blackness (whatever that means). Treat everyone the same and equal, diversity, no favoritism. Ebony and Jet magazine, B.E.T. Miss Black America. There definitely seems to be some mixed messages.
So to the original question, I don't care what they want. I always try to treat everyone the same regardless, don't ask for anything special, if you are special to me you won't have to ask, if your personality or beliefs conflict with mine, you go your way I'll go mine. Would you go to a black church? Term the new often uses. While the people there I'm sure would be very welcoming and warm, just by calling it that puts up a barrier and states you don't belong if you aren't black.
so what they want is as grey as a parrot. An impossible list to make.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:34:58 PM
I know several people who gripe about not being able to save money. Then I watch them run to the Sonic and get a giant milk shake, buy a 16 oz pop for $1.75(when a 2 liter is $1.00-$1.50), and don't know how to cook. Common sense would save most of the poor. If you get money, put $5 back each check, or $10, or $20, etc etc. If you claim you cannot save, and are wasting money left and right, your problem with saving is yourself.

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:36:07 PM
At 9/15/2016 4:28:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
One could buy a lot of shoes and clothes if they weren't paying for unneccessary cable ,cell phones, and internet access.

Hell the cell phones are free now... Thanks dc. Sometimes your 'shock' posts are a bit extreme but you are spot on this topic.

Btw, I'm also a minority tired of being lumped in the 'whitey majority'