Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

When will white sjw's give up white privelege

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 5:10:49 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

Craptor needs a job.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 6:41:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

isn't saying "white privilege" racist? Ironic how those who want acceptance, peace and integration come up with terms to inflame those they want something from with blanket statements, I just love irony.
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 7:04:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Because privilege is something conferred by society not seized by individuals so the idea that you can give up your privilege doesn't make sense if you have any idea of what you're talking about. You can however try and change the status quo.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:13:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.

I see so this study involved how many? Where part of the U.S.? Clearly a study applies to 100's of millions of people. clearly.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:29:43 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 5:10:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

Craptor needs a job.

I'm retired. Desmac responds within 1 minute of every post. Looks like he/it needs a job.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:31:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 7:04:15 PM, Overhead wrote:
Because privilege is something conferred by society not seized by individuals so the idea that you can give up your privilege doesn't make sense if you have any idea of what you're talking about. You can however try and change the status quo.

Sure you can. Go to the dean or your boss and tell them you want to give the spot to a minority.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:31:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

All races have privileges in some way shape of form. And your point is ?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:33:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

False. If you are a Caucasoid....the world says if you are White, then you are all right.
Its a systematic perspective that allows us as human beings to be taught indirectly to believe that a person with lighter skin will be treated better because its a learned behavior.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:35:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:31:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

All races have privileges in some way shape of form. And your point is ?

Sjw's complain and whine about their white privelege so why do they cling to it tight fisted and ask for more government benefits. If they need benefits that privelege must not exist.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:37:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:35:32 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:31:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

All races have privileges in some way shape of form. And your point is ?

Sjw's complain and whine about their white privelege so why do they cling to it tight fisted and ask for more government benefits. If they need benefits that privelege must not exist.

Its called greed.
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:37:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:13:28 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.

I see so this study involved how many? Where part of the U.S.? Clearly a study applies to 100's of millions of people. clearly.

Lol at thinking that any study has or needs hundreds of millions of people.

Any coin could potentially be flipped a billion times. Does that mean you need to flip it hundreds of millions of times to see if it's balanced? Or can you get a good idea after a few hundred or few thousand flips?

Scientists and mathematicians have long ago worked out the amount of people needed to get a respectable margin of error (5% or less) and for a large population like the USA you only need hundreds of people, not millions.

Here's one example or a margin of error calculator if you want to play around with how samples of different population sizes work:

http://www.raosoft.com...

Besides, these applications went out to the people responsible for hiring. There sure aren't hundreds of millions of people responsible for hiring in the entire USA and I'm not sure if that many people exist in the world.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:41:13 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:37:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:35:32 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:31:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

All races have privileges in some way shape of form. And your point is ?

Sjw's complain and whine about their white privelege so why do they cling to it tight fisted and ask for more government benefits. If they need benefits that privelege must not exist.

Its called greed.

So there are a lot of greedy white democrats
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:42:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:41:13 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:37:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:35:32 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:31:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

All races have privileges in some way shape of form. And your point is ?

Sjw's complain and whine about their white privelege so why do they cling to it tight fisted and ask for more government benefits. If they need benefits that privelege must not exist.

Its called greed.

So there are a lot of greedy white democrats

There are a lot of greedy White people in general.And Blacks, too.
It has nothing to do with party affiliation you dimwit.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:47:09 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:33:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

False. If you are a Caucasoid....the world says if you are White, then you are all right.
Its a systematic perspective that allows us as human beings to be taught indirectly to believe that a person with lighter skin will be treated better because its a learned behavior.

You assume I wasn't talking about advantages I had over people with similar skin color ;) which I was.
Maybe there are pockets of areas where people aren't hired based on their merit but rather skin color or nepotism, I just don't see it as wide spread as the news makes it sound, similar to the ever debated pay inequality.
If you have to hire someone, both people are as equal as possible, except race, you are going to hire the one that is the most like you. Not racism, it's preference.
Business profit is color blind, whatever, whom ever is the best profit generator is all they care about.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:51:45 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:37:32 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:13:28 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.

I see so this study involved how many? Where part of the U.S.? Clearly a study applies to 100's of millions of people. clearly.

Lol at thinking that any study has or needs hundreds of millions of people.

Any coin could potentially be flipped a billion times. Does that mean you need to flip it hundreds of millions of times to see if it's balanced? Or can you get a good idea after a few hundred or few thousand flips?

Scientists and mathematicians have long ago worked out the amount of people needed to get a respectable margin of error (5% or less) and for a large population like the USA you only need hundreds of people, not millions.

Here's one example or a margin of error calculator if you want to play around with how samples of different population sizes work:

http://www.raosoft.com...

Besides, these applications went out to the people responsible for hiring. There sure aren't hundreds of millions of people responsible for hiring in the entire USA and I'm not sure if that many people exist in the world.

Point is, where the applications word for word the same except for the name? The reader of the applications is the only one that determines if they are the same since it's only their opinion that counts. Was this done evenly throughout the U.S.? Or did they cheery pick the usual racist states or businesses? If your going to claim a study please provide it, can't lend any credence to it otherwise. Besides it's fun to dissect them.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:55:48 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:47:09 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:33:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

False. If you are a Caucasoid....the world says if you are White, then you are all right.
Its a systematic perspective that allows us as human beings to be taught indirectly to believe that a person with lighter skin will be treated better because its a learned behavior.

You assume I wasn't talking about advantages I had over people with similar skin color ;) which I was.
Maybe there are pockets of areas where people aren't hired based on their merit but rather skin color or nepotism, I just don't see it as wide spread as the news makes it sound, similar to the ever debated pay inequality.
If you have to hire someone, both people are as equal as possible, except race, you are going to hire the one that is the most like you. Not racism, it's preference.
Business profit is color blind, whatever, whom ever is the best profit generator is all they care about.

Its not every employer. Its the ones that you don't see, that don't make the 6 oclock news. Discrimination exists. The state of MO just had the Department of Justice clean house in an area that is almost invisibly segregated. Im sure many Whites in that area probably thought the same thing as you until the truth came out about that state.
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:03:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:31:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:04:15 PM, Overhead wrote:
Because privilege is something conferred by society not seized by individuals so the idea that you can give up your privilege doesn't make sense if you have any idea of what you're talking about. You can however try and change the status quo.

Sure you can. Go to the dean or your boss and tell them you want to give the spot to a minority.

Because this is a nonesense idea in every possible conceivable way?

I mean the first basic common sense problem is that an employee or a student doesn't have the power to make their boss or dean fill a replacement with a person of a particular race so it would be pointless and idiotic.

Secondly, even if they convinced them they still wouldn't be able to do it because it would be racial discrimination. Universities for instance have specifically been stopped from using any kind of racial quota by supreme court judgement so "Right, the replacement student will be black because that's what the leaving student" is illegal and would never happen even if a student magically convinced their dean to try it. Employers have similar laws against racial discrimination.

Then there's the more fundamental problem that this doesn't in any way make you give up your white privilege because despite me literally just explaining what white privilege is you don't seem to have understood what it even is. Privilege refers to how society treats you. Do you think that after someone has giving up their position, a magical rune will appear glowing on the forehead and then the next time someone is about to do something that will benefit them due to their race a beam will shoot out and mystically stop this example from happening?

No, of course not, that's absurd. the person still benefits from white privilege. If the question was "How much should people who care about white privilege do to help black people on an individual level" then your idea could be a possible (but very bad) answer. But as society will still treat the white person the same whatever they do in your scenario, it has absolutely nothing to do with giving up privilege.

And of course the final obvious answer if you ignore all that is "because someone believes in a cause does not mean they are totally devoted to it above everything else". Someone who wants to help starving children in the third world is not expected to donate almost everything they own until they're on the edge of starvation themselves. Someone who wants lower taxes isn't expected to spend every waking moment picketing the local IRS offices.

So the obvious answer here is that the person in question doesn't want to seriously sacrifice their future prospects and quality of life just as almost everyone supporting any kind of political or ideological agenda wouldn't. However they would instead take a less radical approach such as convincing their boss/dean to institute a more egalitarian policy going forward which might still effect them (more consideration given to black candidates in the next round of promotions, etc) but to a lesser extent.
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:10:36 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:51:45 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:37:32 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:13:28 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.

I see so this study involved how many? Where part of the U.S.? Clearly a study applies to 100's of millions of people. clearly.

Lol at thinking that any study has or needs hundreds of millions of people.

Any coin could potentially be flipped a billion times. Does that mean you need to flip it hundreds of millions of times to see if it's balanced? Or can you get a good idea after a few hundred or few thousand flips?

Scientists and mathematicians have long ago worked out the amount of people needed to get a respectable margin of error (5% or less) and for a large population like the USA you only need hundreds of people, not millions.

Here's one example or a margin of error calculator if you want to play around with how samples of different population sizes work:

http://www.raosoft.com...

Besides, these applications went out to the people responsible for hiring. There sure aren't hundreds of millions of people responsible for hiring in the entire USA and I'm not sure if that many people exist in the world.

Point is, where the applications word for word the same except for the name? The reader of the applications is the only one that determines if they are the same since it's only their opinion that counts. Was this done evenly throughout the U.S.? Or did they cheery pick the usual racist states or businesses? If your going to claim a study please provide it, can't lend any credence to it otherwise. Besides it's fun to dissect them.

Not one study, masses. it's been repeated many times in different areas and even countries by different experts. The results are consistent.

Here's the first couple I pulled. If you want more, just look in the studies that cite them in the usual databases.

http://www.dennisplott.com...
http://scholar.harvard.edu...
Overhead
Posts: 106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:12:24 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:51:45 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:37:32 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:13:28 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:09:35 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:20:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:07:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
There is no 'privilege' to anyone here, except an American sovereign.

If I have gained any kind of "privilege" it's because of my manners, respect and humility. Has nothing to do with the color of my skin. If you wear pants so low it looks like you needed a diaper change a week ago, I can't respect or take you seriously, doesn't matter what skin color you have or your gender. Special treatment most of the time is earned or not earned by you.

Nah, pretty clear you're living in a bubble of delusion.

To give just one of a million obvious example, one common study which has been repeated numerous times is to send out identical CVs with the only difference being that some are from men and some are from women while others have stereotypically black or Latino names. Unsurprisingly the white candidates do best because Western society is biased in their favour.

There's no other reason for it seeing as based on all the information given, there was no reason to prefer the white applicant over the black.

I see so this study involved how many? Where part of the U.S.? Clearly a study applies to 100's of millions of people. clearly.

Lol at thinking that any study has or needs hundreds of millions of people.

Any coin could potentially be flipped a billion times. Does that mean you need to flip it hundreds of millions of times to see if it's balanced? Or can you get a good idea after a few hundred or few thousand flips?

Scientists and mathematicians have long ago worked out the amount of people needed to get a respectable margin of error (5% or less) and for a large population like the USA you only need hundreds of people, not millions.

Here's one example or a margin of error calculator if you want to play around with how samples of different population sizes work:

http://www.raosoft.com...

Besides, these applications went out to the people responsible for hiring. There sure aren't hundreds of millions of people responsible for hiring in the entire USA and I'm not sure if that many people exist in the world.

Point is, where the applications word for word the same except for the name? The reader of the applications is the only one that determines if they are the same since it's only their opinion that counts. Was this done evenly throughout the U.S.? Or did they cheery pick the usual racist states or businesses? If your going to claim a study please provide it, can't lend any credence to it otherwise. Besides it's fun to dissect them.

Also I forgot to say:

Lol at you trying to act like you know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to studies when you just made comments about hundreds of millions of samples being needed which shows you haven't the faintest idea of how studies work.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 10:34:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.

That does nothing to fix the issue, but again, you don't actually care to understand what is even at issue.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 10:49:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 10:34:42 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.

That does nothing to fix the issue, but again, you don't actually care to understand what is even at issue.

It only takes one to get the ball rolling. Maybe you are the one.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:13:12 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 10:49:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 10:34:42 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.

That does nothing to fix the issue, but again, you don't actually care to understand what is even at issue.

It only takes one to get the ball rolling. Maybe you are the one.

You simply don't understand the issue. Either you don't care to, or can't. Giving money does not fix this, so stop chasing this line - it makes you look more stupid than you normally do.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:14:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 11:13:12 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 10:49:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 10:34:42 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.

That does nothing to fix the issue, but again, you don't actually care to understand what is even at issue.

It only takes one to get the ball rolling. Maybe you are the one.

You simply don't understand the issue. Either you don't care to, or can't. Giving money does not fix this, so stop chasing this line - it makes you look more stupid than you normally do.

You keep whining on about it, so tell us how it is fixed. Words are cheap. Give up some answers.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 11:53:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/15/2016 11:14:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 11:13:12 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 10:49:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 10:34:42 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:33:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/15/2016 7:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/15/2016 5:06:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
SJW's bring up "white privelege" a lot. So when will they be stepping down from their positions in said "white privelege" and offering them to minorities?

its not something you can give-up brondo, and you should know that.

Sure you can. Give the money you earned this week to a minority charity. Be an example to the rest and mabe they'll join in.

That does nothing to fix the issue, but again, you don't actually care to understand what is even at issue.

It only takes one to get the ball rolling. Maybe you are the one.

You simply don't understand the issue. Either you don't care to, or can't. Giving money does not fix this, so stop chasing this line - it makes you look more stupid than you normally do.

You keep whining on about it, so tell us how it is fixed. Words are cheap. Give up some answers.

I have no solution to this issue. I have never said I did.

Really this is, for whatever issue it is, is about awareness, not something to "fix" with some discrete action.