Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Hillary's email scandal killing her

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 1:15:22 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Op-Ed: Ouch. Powell emails reveal Clinton's apparent disdain for Obama

-When news broke that former Secretary of State Colin Powell's emails were hacked, just about every mainstream media headline read: "Colin Powell calls Donald Trump a 'national disgrace.'"
I get the punch that headline packs. But it misses the bigger takeaway from those leaked emails: They are far more damaging to Hillary Clinton than to Donald Trump.

The "revelation" that Powell has disdain for Trump can't be much of a surprise given his past endorsement of President Barack Obama and the fact that so many of his fellow generals and national security peers have publicly pushed back against the Republican nominee for months. Plus, seeing Trump being called a national disgrace or worse in the news media is pretty much an hourly occurrence in America these days and he's still surging in the polls.
Far more damaging are the emails where Powell discusses Clinton, her email scandal, her health, and her apparent hatred of President Obama. I suspect each of these suddenly very current topics, and not the slam on Trump, are the real reason why the alleged hacking outfit, DCLeaks.com chose to publish the emails now.
With Clinton's email scandal still very much in the news, it's disastrous that several of the hacked Powell emails contain his strong explanation of how his use of private email was fully legal and Clinton's was not. He also expresses serious anger at the Clinton campaign's attempts to compare her conduct and email server use to his own while he was Secretary of State. The emails show Powell has been concerned about this issue for more than a year and expressed frustrations with how Clinton has approached the scandal and his own relationship to it. And based on his anger over how the Clinton campaign handled the issue, the emails make it seem like Powell would have otherwise publicly endorsed Clinton over Trump by now. That endorsement is something one of Powell's Democratic email correspondents says would be a "knockout blow."
Even more timely are the references Powell makes to Clinton's health in a series of emails with Jeffrey Leeds, who heads the Leeds Equity Partners investment firm and is also a top Democratic party donor. Powell is a member of the Leeds Partners advisory board. In one email to Leeds, Powell writes that Clinton "does not look good" and is "working herself to death." Leeds also weighs in on the Clinton email scandal and added that "nobody likes her."
But the truly most damaging thing for the Clinton campaign in this pile of hacked emails are the discussions about President Obama and how Clinton apparently feels about him personally. Make no mistake, Hillary Clinton's liberal supporters will clearly forgive her for almost anything " from lying to the FBI to lying to everyone else about her health. But any evidence that shows she does not like their untouchable hero in President Obama will be the toughest pill to swallow.
In several emails from Leeds to Powell, Leeds says that Clinton hates and envies the president in the extreme. Leeds adds that she will sometimes refer to President Obama as "that man." Finally, Leeds tells Powell that the Obama team wouldn't mind seeing Clinton lose. The timing on this couldn't be more devastating " it comes just as President Obama is taking to the campaign trail to help Clinton while she recovers from her medical problems.
To be clear, this is secondhand information " it's according to Leeds (and from his hacked emails, no less), not from Clinton herself. However, if you ask me, it's still pretty damaging.
Remember when Republican infighting and questions about Trump's fitness to serve were the big issues in this election? There's nothing like seeing your opponent have to face the same challenges from her own camp to level the playing field. The downward spiral for Clinton that began with the release of her FBI questioning transcript and continued with her public medical episode and questionable explanations for it, is now spinning at full speed with these hacked Powell emails.
You can focus on those "national disgrace" headlines all you want, but the damaging trend for the Clinton campaign has just been given yet another serious push.

finance.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-ouch-powell-emails-150723886.html;_ylt=AwrBT9do79tX0IwAo4xx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTEzaG5kZ2p0BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDTVBSREMwXzEEc2VjA3Ny
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
kevin24018
Posts: 1,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
it should be devastating, however the sheeple and lemmings don't care. Many feel with all her scandals and all that is wrong with her, she's still the best choice. The fact they couldn't and wouldn't even tell the truth about something as simple as an illness should have alarm bells ring in their heads, but it doesn't. Bill said she had the flu, Hillary says it wasn't bad and she's fine, recovered quickly etc, Chelsea says how she had to take care of her, never saw her so exhausted etc. A family that can't even get their stories straight for something so iniquitous and simple just boggles my mind.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 4:33:40 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/16/2016 2:47:04 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it should be devastating, however the sheeple and lemmings don't care. Many feel with all her scandals and all that is wrong with her, she's still the best choice. The fact they couldn't and wouldn't even tell the truth about something as simple as an illness should have alarm bells ring in their heads, but it doesn't. Bill said she had the flu, Hillary says it wasn't bad and she's fine, recovered quickly etc, Chelsea says how she had to take care of her, never saw her so exhausted etc. A family that can't even get their stories straight for something so iniquitous and simple just boggles my mind.

What's funny is you can tell when Bill is lying. He always gets that all too serious "I didn't not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky" look on his face. That's his poker face tell.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
kevin24018
Posts: 1,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 5:39:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/16/2016 4:33:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/16/2016 2:47:04 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it should be devastating, however the sheeple and lemmings don't care. Many feel with all her scandals and all that is wrong with her, she's still the best choice. The fact they couldn't and wouldn't even tell the truth about something as simple as an illness should have alarm bells ring in their heads, but it doesn't. Bill said she had the flu, Hillary says it wasn't bad and she's fine, recovered quickly etc, Chelsea says how she had to take care of her, never saw her so exhausted etc. A family that can't even get their stories straight for something so iniquitous and simple just boggles my mind.

What's funny is you can tell when Bill is lying. He always gets that all too serious "I didn't not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky" look on his face. That's his poker face tell.

tbh I didn't mind him as a president, those times where pretty good, what he has become now is some sort of strange animal https://youtu.be... (what can I say I'm a big Crowder fan) oh and it's poke-her-face.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 8:43:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/16/2016 5:39:07 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/16/2016 4:33:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/16/2016 2:47:04 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it should be devastating, however the sheeple and lemmings don't care. Many feel with all her scandals and all that is wrong with her, she's still the best choice. The fact they couldn't and wouldn't even tell the truth about something as simple as an illness should have alarm bells ring in their heads, but it doesn't. Bill said she had the flu, Hillary says it wasn't bad and she's fine, recovered quickly etc, Chelsea says how she had to take care of her, never saw her so exhausted etc. A family that can't even get their stories straight for something so iniquitous and simple just boggles my mind.

What's funny is you can tell when Bill is lying. He always gets that all too serious "I didn't not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky" look on his face. That's his poker face tell.

tbh I didn't mind him as a president, those times where pretty good, what he has become now is some sort of strange animal https://youtu.be... (what can I say I'm a big Crowder fan) oh and it's poke-her-face.

It's slight of hand. He left us after Chinagate and selling our soul to free trade agreements that are impossible for us to get ahead on. He had it good then? Pulled the pin on the grenade and ran from the building after Chinappaid him off. That's why "we don't win on trade with China" as Trump always says. They tax us beyond comprehension on goods coming in. And we trade for free. The people running the show right now are one of 2 things.

1)Completely economically and financially ignorant.

Or

2)Bought off by foreign oligarchs.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 8:45:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Probably both
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...