U.S. vetting is?

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 2:39:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Is it good, adequate or lacking?

I haven't looked into what the process actually involves, but rather will use my first hand accounts of experiences.
Let me start by saying I consider myself one of those people who has an attention for details, so if you screw up a detail and it's done frequently and consistently I question the whole process, as how could the rest be accurate? Any argument made that it's a minor detail, unimportant or trivial will be met with, then why can't you get it right?
When my mother came through immigration, the day of her birth was entered incorrectly by them, by one day. Now mind you, this country actually keeps records.
There are many immigrants in my area, most brought here by Catholic charities organization.
I noticed that a mother and daughter has the same birthday 12-31 (different year) The daughter translated, I commented how interesting that was, I was told since they didn't have birth certificates everyone from their area of the world was given 12-31 as a birthday and guess on the year. She said hers was off by a year that she was older than what they put down. They were from the middle east. If you are from Africa your date of birth is 1-1.
So we should believe that they don't keep the simplest and basic of records, but we would be provided with well kept and detailed criminal records? And even when provided with documents we can't copy the numbers onto our documents correctly? These are not just a few isolated instances, it would take too long to list all the ones I have first knowledge about.
I think the whole premises of the vetting is just taking their word for it. Again I have not familiarized myself with the process yet. Extremely doubtful it would change my opinion anyway.
Maybe there's different vetting processes, I don't know, but a charity is bringing over people, and undoubtedly helping with documents and paper work and still can't verify or provided the most basic of information.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:30:42 PM
At 9/19/2016 2:39:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I haven't looked into what the process actually involves, but rather will use my first hand accounts of experiences.
Let me start by saying I consider myself one of those people who has an attention for details, so if you screw up a detail and it's done frequently and consistently I question the whole process, as how could the rest be accurate? Any argument made that it's a minor detail, unimportant or trivial will be met with, then why can't you get it right?
When my mother came through immigration, the day of her birth was entered incorrectly by them, by one day. Now mind you, this country actually keeps records.
There are many immigrants in my area, most brought here by Catholic charities organization.
I noticed that a mother and daughter has the same birthday 12-31 (different year) The daughter translated, I commented how interesting that was, I was told since they didn't have birth certificates everyone from their area of the world was given 12-31 as a birthday and guess on the year. She said hers was off by a year that she was older than what they put down. They were from the middle east. If you are from Africa your date of birth is 1-1.
So we should believe that they don't keep the simplest and basic of records, but we would be provided with well kept and detailed criminal records? And even when provided with documents we can't copy the numbers onto our documents correctly? These are not just a few isolated instances, it would take too long to list all the ones I have first knowledge about.
I think the whole premises of the vetting is just taking their word for it. Again I have not familiarized myself with the process yet. Extremely doubtful it would change my opinion anyway.
Maybe there's different vetting processes, I don't know, but a charity is bringing over people, and undoubtedly helping with documents and paper work and still can't verify or provided the most basic of information.

Every terrorist attack on America has been by people allowed into the country after passing through said vetting process.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:43:44 PM

I haven't looked into what the process actually involves...

Here's how it works: https://www.whitehouse.gov...

It's really quite extensive. All in all, it's an excellent vetting process.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 12:47:43 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:30:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Every terrorist attack on America has been by people allowed into the country after passing through said vetting process.

That's simply not true
Most have been committed by white, far-right extremists.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 12:49:02 AM

The formal vetting and immigration process is extremely intensive. It's even worse for Refugees because they don't get a say in where they go
Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 12:59:38 AM
At 9/20/2016 12:47:43 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:

That's simply not true

They have committed more attacks, but more people have been killed in Islamic terrorism, not to mention, muslims are about .9% of the U.S population.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 12:59:42 AM

That's simply not true

I was talking about ISIS militants, but nevertheless, your derail tactic only enhances my point. Nonmuslim terrorists have killed 2 to 1 vs. Islamic terrorists and? In a country where whites outnumber Muslims 70 to 1.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:01:40 AM

That's simply not true

Give us the stats on how many white terrorist attacks there were in Saudi Arabia last year.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:12:45 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:43:44 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

From what I heard, the interview part of the vetting goes like this.

"Are you in ISIS?"

"No."

"Great..let's look at your nonexistent documentation before we process you further.."
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:58:53 AM
At 9/20/2016 1:01:40 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's simply not true

Give us the stats on how many white terrorist attacks there were in Saudi Arabia last year.

Want some lemon on that red herring?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:59:38 AM
At 9/20/2016 12:59:42 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's simply not true

I was talking about ISIS militants, but nevertheless, your derail tactic only enhances my point. Nonmuslim terrorists have killed 2 to 1 vs. Islamic terrorists and? In a country where whites outnumber Muslims 70 to 1.

Let's go back to your ORIGINAL CLAIM shall we?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 2:15:47 AM
At 9/20/2016 1:12:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

"Are you in ISIS?"

"No."

"Great..let's look at your nonexistent documentation before we process you further.."

If they have not documentation we don't let them in. Most refugees have at least a passport.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 2:41:03 AM

Lacking.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 2:44:53 AM
At 9/20/2016 1:58:53 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
That's simply not true

Want some lemon on that red herring?

Red herring or not, it's a valid point. Also, consider the population difference of Muslims to even far-right white males. The juxtaposition is clear -- occurrences isn't what determines the danger.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:11:49 PM
At 9/20/2016 2:15:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:

"Are you in ISIS?"

"No."

If they have not documentation we don't let them in. Most refugees have at least a passport.

You sure about that? I find that hard to believe since they don't have birth certificates, who issued the passport their home country? Refugees who lost everything, running for their very lives remember to take their passports with them? Why would they need passports, most aren't allowed or can't afford to leave their own country.
Tree_of_Death thanks for the link, it made me laugh, most of it is just asking questions which they can lie to, finger prints and retinal scans to help them solve a crime after the fact. How can anyone know if their documents aren't fake? These countries don't have the standards or technology we do. That process only works for honest people, just like honest people follow laws.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:30:58 PM
http://www.unhcr.org...

So basically if you don't have documentation they will just give you some
in a few countries which do not have a system of national identity cards or residence permits, a recognized refugee receives a letter informing him that his request for asylum and/or refugee status has been approved.

this is just for Australia!!
The department says the average number of IMAs arriving without official documentation between 2008-2011 was 81.21%. This is the most current data the department has on the situation,
https://www.crikey.com.au...

Does anyone really believe we turn people away who don't have documentation?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:31:20 PM
At 9/20/2016 1:11:49 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

"Are you in ISIS?"

"No."

You sure about that? I find that hard to believe since they don't have birth certificates, who issued the passport their home country? Refugees who lost everything, running for their very lives remember to take their passports with them? Why would they need passports, most aren't allowed or can't afford to leave their own country.
Most countries in the world issue passports as the primary form of identification. The US requires you to apply to get it. They take it as identification so they can get asylum in another country.
Tree_of_Death thanks for the link, it made me laugh, most of it is just asking questions which they can lie to, finger prints and retinal scans to help them solve a crime after the fact. How can anyone know if their documents aren't fake? These countries don't have the standards or technology we do. That process only works for honest people, just like honest people follow laws.
So we should get rid of laws?
Moreover refugees are vetted by the UN, the Department of State, the Department of Defense, the CIA, the FBI, and numerous aid groups. Then you have to be accepted by a nation, you don't get a say in where you are resettled. It's a long and convoluted process.
And you haven't even seen our process for Army Translators from Iraq and Afghanistan.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:38:18 PM
At 9/20/2016 1:31:20 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 9/20/2016 1:11:49 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

"Are you in ISIS?"

"No."

Most countries in the world issue passports as the primary form of identification. The US requires you to apply to get it. They take it as identification so they can get asylum in another country.
So we should get rid of laws?
Moreover refugees are vetted by the UN, the Department of State, the Department of Defense, the CIA, the FBI, and numerous aid groups. Then you have to be accepted by a nation, you don't get a say in where you are resettled. It's a long and convoluted process.
And you haven't even seen our process for Army Translators from Iraq and Afghanistan.

no doubt, from what I read the U.N. will just issue id based on an interview is my concern, although terrorist aren't likely to try and exploit this since it much faster and easier to come via Europe, which again I would say getting the needed documentation is much to easy.