Jump to topic:

Clinton used Foundation money for self-gain

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:46:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Recently, it has been discovered that Clinton personally used money donated by outside donors to the Clinton Foundation to significantly and personally benefit.

Clinton was subject to two individual lawsuits, and fines which she settled with the individuals by offering to donating money to charity; however it turns out that she didn't herself donate the money, but instead she got her foundation to pay it out of their funds.

Moreover, at charity Auctions, there have been several items that she and her husband purchased using foundation money that they kept.

The technical term is "Self-Dealing", and is a federal crime; with a total of $258,000 being siphoned from the Clinton Foundation to pay Clinton's settlement agreements or to purchase items.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 11:00:14 PM
At 9/21/2016 5:46:52 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

At this point, it's really no surprise to have found Clinton has done something scandalous. It's old-hat. But still, it goes to show she shouldn't be elected.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 11:07:21 PM
At 9/21/2016 11:00:14 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

At this point, it's really no surprise to have found Clinton has done something scandalous. It's old-hat. But still, it goes to show she shouldn't be elected.

Is Self-Dealing really that big a deal that it disqualifies her from office?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:33:14 AM

Did you read the link? Do you know what is actually happening?
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:43:33 AM
Recently, it has been discovered that Clinton personally used money donated by outside donors to the Clinton Foundation to significantly and personally benefit.

Clinton was subject to two individual lawsuits, and fines which she settled with the individuals by offering to donating money to charity; however it turns out that she didn't herself donate the money, but instead she got her foundation to pay it out of their funds.

Moreover, at charity Auctions, there have been several items that she and her husband purchased using foundation money that they kept.

The technical term is "Self-Dealing", and is a federal crime; with a total of $258,000 being siphoned from the Clinton Foundation to pay Clinton's settlement agreements or to purchase items.

It would be more of a surprise if you brought up an incident when Hillary Clinton was actually honest
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:50:34 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:33:14 AM, TBR wrote:

Lol. No, I didn't. XD I just read the title and part of the OP... My bad.

That, too is unsurprising. Honestly, I really wish we could redo this election. The candidates are just plain terrible. I can't fathom having either of them in office, but one of them will be there before we know it.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:13:03 AM
At 9/22/2016 2:43:33 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

It would be more of a surprise if you brought up an incident when Hillary Clinton was actually honest

I don't think it's really that big a deal, though. As I said, while it's technically illegal, when you think about it, it doesn't seem all that bad, don't you think?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:17:48 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:13:03 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

I don't think it's really that big a deal, though. As I said, while it's technically illegal, when you think about it, it doesn't seem all that bad, don't you think?

I liked the good ole days when politicians actually worried about laundering their bribe money in public. You know...when Ameruka waz great...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:20:35 AM
At 9/21/2016 11:07:21 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

So what exactly disqualifies you from office if being bought off by foreign governments doesn't meet that standard
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:22:49 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:20:35 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

So what exactly disqualifies you from office if being bought off by foreign governments doesn't meet that standard

I'm talking about Self-dealing here specifically; which isn't a big deal. Is it really a big deal if she used her charity to donate to funds she said she was going to donate to in order to settle a lawsuit.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:23:23 AM

Claiming to be the champion of the poor while taking $600,000 per "secret speech" with Goldman Sachs and having a foundation that no one knows exactly what it does other than funnel money from foreign powers isn't all that bad? Define "all that bad" for us. Was Chinagate bad? Was Benghazi bad? Is anything bad to a liberal?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:25:04 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:23:23 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Claiming to be the champion of the poor while taking $600,000 per "secret speech" with Goldman Sachs and having a foundation that no one knows exactly what it does other than funnel money from foreign powers isn't all that bad? Define "all that bad" for us. Was Chinagate bad? Was Benghazi bad? Is anything bad to a liberal?

I'm talking, specifically, about Self-dealing.

Did I stutter?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:26:11 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:22:49 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

I'm talking about Self-dealing here specifically; which isn't a big deal. Is it really a big deal if she used her charity to donate to funds she said she was going to donate to in order to settle a lawsuit.

Yeah. It wasn't her money. That's like me saying "is it all that bad that I took money from you that I said I would use to help your mother, but in the end I used your money to pay for what I needed".

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:27:55 AM
Where I come from they call that theft. Of course she's done much worse in the theft, espionage, treason, and "I made a mistake" category.

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:33:23 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:17:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I liked the good ole days when politicians actually worried about laundering their bribe money in public. You know...when Ameruka waz great...

I can't tell, is that cynicism or sarcasm? You did read the OP's link right?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:34:39 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:26:11 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Yeah. It wasn't her money. That's like me saying "is it all that bad that I took money from you that I said I would use to help your mother, but in the end I used your money to pay for what I needed".

Pffft, this is the only illegal thing that can actually be shown she's done, and has actually profited from. But still, it was all charity; and the charities still got their money.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 10:29:28 AM
At 9/22/2016 3:34:39 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

Pffft, this is the only illegal thing that can actually be shown she's done, and has actually profited from. But still, it was all charity; and the charities still got their money.

This is the same as me robbing a bank, getting nailed by the cops, then the bank getting their money in the end. Just because the outcome was the desired outcome, that doesn't make my intent or the strong possibility of me doing it again go away.

Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:37:55 PM
At 9/22/2016 10:29:28 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/22/2016 3:34:39 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

This is the same as me robbing a bank, getting nailed by the cops, then the bank getting their money in the end. Just because the outcome was the desired outcome, that doesn't make my intent or the strong possibility of me doing it again go away.

This is the whole reason Trump has a foundation, for business write offs, tax purposes, and saving as much money as he possibly can. Many millionaires do this, and one of the reasons they are millionaires. Businessmen, CEOs, high rollers all have ways to pay as little as possible, and then, when they are caught breaking some law, they settle. Settling is how things are done with the filthy rich and huge businesses, unless they are just bought out by the Fed. (Banks)
But, Hillary's foundation is used in a different way, to gain political power, to make promisses for her future presidency to foreign donors, allies or adversaries. Trump didn't use his foundation in this manner. The Washington Post really needs to cover both ends of the spectrum, not just focus on Trump. Please, put out the same type of article regarding Hillary, I would love to see how that would play.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:56:44 PM

Lol read the article
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:59:46 PM
At 9/22/2016 2:50:34 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

That, too is unsurprising. Honestly, I really wish we could redo this election. The candidates are just plain terrible. I can't fathom having either of them in office, but one of them will be there before we know it.

I just hope we can ride out the next 4 years with as little turmoil as possible, the big issue for me is the supreme justice vacancy.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:11:16 PM
At 9/22/2016 1:59:46 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I just hope we can ride out the next 4 years with as little turmoil as possible, the big issue for me is the supreme justice vacancy.

Whether it's a pres or congress I favor or not, vacant seats should have a 30 day vacancy mandate-nomination in place with an up or down vote, as set per amendment. This whole political posturing is what ultimately leads to stacked courts.

I'd also like to see an amendment setting a 15, maybe 20, year limit on how long a justice can sit the bench as well as a 2 year rotation on the Chief Justice position.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:17:59 PM
At 9/22/2016 1:56:44 PM, tejretics wrote:

Lol read the article

Does the article mention benghazi and Chinagate?

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:20:47 PM
At 9/22/2016 2:17:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Lol read the article

If you read it you might find out.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:29:37 PM

Lol read the article

Oops, my bad

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:31:20 PM
At 9/22/2016 2:29:37 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

Lol read the article

Oops, my bad

I guess I was being dogmatic in assuming things and I apologize and at the same time I thank you for calling me out on it

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:41:30 PM

No problem.

I am no fan of Clinton, but I know I will get a competent and sane person. That is going to have to be enough.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:47:51 PM
At 9/22/2016 2:31:20 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
At 9/22/2016 2:29:37 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

Lol read the article

Oops, my bad

I guess I was being dogmatic in assuming things and I apologize and at the same time I thank you for calling me out on it

Was this a test from the OP to see if people actually click links and do fact checking? My argument earlier was directly related to the link posted, and the Hypocrisy of the media (especially the Washington Post) and the Dems that own them.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:17:00 PM
At 9/22/2016 2:20:47 PM, desmac wrote:

Lol read the article

Like when you read mine. Lmao

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:19:27 PM
At 9/22/2016 3:17:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 9/22/2016 2:20:47 PM, desmac wrote:

Lol read the article

Like when you read mine. Lmao

Difference here is. Unlike the OP, you are so woefully unaware that you have no idea you are being trolled.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 9:54:55 PM

+1