Jump to topic:

"White people are devils"

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:44:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
"White cops and white people are devils." Looks like white liberals are devils. Interesting to know. Here's what mindless liberal race baiting gets you. Looks like liberals are getting what they want: race baiting, violence, and chaos.

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:46:41 PM
So what I got out of this is:

Black cop kills black man, thus, white people are bad. Lmao.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:59:36 PM
At 9/22/2016 1:46:41 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

The killing is tragic. The irony is comical.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:27:37 PM
At 9/22/2016 1:59:36 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

The killing is tragic. The irony is comical.

Just another excuse for idiots to go out and riot, beat people up needlessly, cause destruction and if given the chance, loot. Any excuse to do that and it is taken advantage of. I don't think people understand the point of protesting. Especially BLM, or anyone who claims to be affiliates/members. They push and yell, and curse at the media, sometimes violently. The whole point of a protest is to get the word out, you can't do that if you fight with the very people who are going to help your cause. Instead they block roadways just to piss people off and get the wrong type of media attention, with no actual argument.

But this... this is just a reason to go crazy and call it justified. It's sickening.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:45:10 PM
Being quarter Algerian 3/4 French, can I still qualify as the blue eyed blond haired devil even though I'm darker than most people of color?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:59:02 PM
At 9/22/2016 3:45:10 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Being quarter Algerian 3/4 French, can I still qualify as the blue eyed blond haired devil even though I'm darker than most people of color?

just like your sex, you can choose either side!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:03:01 PM

Why do you think it has to be a white cop killing a black man to be an issue? You obfuscate the point. The point is, too many people (black men) are being killed by police. What is so damn tough to understand in this?
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:08:15 PM
At 9/22/2016 3:59:02 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/22/2016 3:45:10 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

just like your sex, you can choose either side!

It's gender damnit! Sex connotes rape (running to safe place a la usain bolt)
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:09:54 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:03:01 PM, TBR wrote:

Why do you think it has to be a white cop killing a black man to be an issue? You obfuscate the point. The point is, too many people (black men) are being killed by police. What is so damn tough to understand in this?

This is one of those instances along with the one in Oklahoma in which its supposedly "to many" but both involve a weapon or drugs... IE criminality. Are we not expecting the police to do their work?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:11:09 PM

I be a cracka from kain-tukkee and I don't be understand in' that thare fancy word obfus-Kate. Do dat mean only black men be gettin shooted by police ociffers?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:13:49 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:11:09 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

I be a cracka from kain-tukkee and I don't be understand in' that thare fancy word obfus-Kate. Do dat mean only black men be gettin shooted by police ociffers?

The point gets muddled when people insist that the incident must fit a scenario that they themselves have built. The point at issue is - people (black people) are being shot too often by police. That is it. No need to add more, the problem stops there.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:14:12 PM

the mantra has been white cops, until now thus leading to the racism and hillary speeches, they both get lumped together which I have contended are 2 separate issues and should be treated as such, although they do co-mingle, you can still keep them separate, doing so addresses both issues without alienating and blaming those that should be. the primary focus, perhaps the fault of the media is only the white cops kill blacks, until now since it was a black cop.
if you look at all of this, you should be able to see why some whites would feel this way, right or wrong.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:16:48 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:14:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

the mantra has been white cops, until now thus leading to the racism and hillary speeches, they both get lumped together which I have contended are 2 separate issues and should be treated as such, although they do co-mingle, you can still keep them separate, doing so addresses both issues without alienating and blaming those that should be. the primary focus, perhaps the fault of the media is only the white cops kill blacks, until now since it was a black cop.
if you look at all of this, you should be able to see why some whites would feel this way, right or wrong.

As we discussed yesterday. The underlying racial problem can and is present regardless of the individual officers real, perceived, or lack of racial motives.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:19:00 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:09:54 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

This is one of those instances along with the one in Oklahoma in which its supposedly "to many" but both involve a weapon or drugs... IE criminality. Are we not expecting the police to do their work?

This guy, as best I know, was not doing anything illegal. Regardless, criminality does not equal a death sentence. Police are not empowered to determine guilt or punishment.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:25:14 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:16:48 PM, TBR wrote:

As we discussed yesterday. The underlying racial problem can and is present regardless of the individual officers real, perceived, or lack of racial motives.

that's true but as I have stated and everything I have quoted etc, it's dividing us, if that's the goal it's working since things could have been said and done in so many better ways by those who should know better, the methodology is so wrong. no one is ever willing to take the high road, so here we are, after 8 years of a black president and a.j. here we are, he's been labeled the divider in chief for a reason, and not by racists since they would applaud him. it's the old Aphorism "why do you keep hitting yourself with a hammer?" (I just looked that word up and wanted to use it)
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:28:26 PM
Jesus h Christ... Oh I'm sorry, separation of church and state.

Get off the f.cking high horse and become a cop then. They f.ck up just like you and I do in our jobs. Yes, tragic as this is, it's not riot worthy.

The way YOU people think, YOU meaning automatic judgement without even seeing the dash cam, every police target isn't some paper cut out but trayvon Martin. Like cops have a quota like deer season: ok, it's September, our department hasn't shot a black guy yet. We still have 2 tags to fill.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:30:50 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:25:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

that's true but as I have stated and everything I have quoted etc, it's dividing us, if that's the goal it's working since things could have been said and done in so many better ways by those who should know better, the methodology is so wrong. no one is ever willing to take the high road, so here we are, after 8 years of a black president and a.j. here we are, he's been labeled the divider in chief for a reason, and not by racists since they would applaud him. it's the old Aphorism "why do you keep hitting yourself with a hammer?" (I just looked that word up and wanted to use it)

Kevin, I done be told in' u i'z be from kain-tukkee and we don't be un'standin' dem fancy words :)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:44:50 PM

In reference to the Clinton quote, I still contend you are reading too much into it, but I buy that it is upsetting to you. I can see why, I just disagree on how it is being received. To BLM, I agree they have done a terrible job in presenting any coherent case. Activism has communicate to the people outside the group, and for a number of reasons, BLM has failed.

As to Obama, and any "divide". Well, I could talk for days about who and why we are more divided today, and Obama would not make the top 10. Racial issues have been present forever, and that we are talking now is a net positive.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:50:23 PM

This guy, as best I know, was not doing anything illegal.

The Oklahoma individual had PCP in the vehicle, and (odds are) in his system. Possession of a controlled substance is illegal.

The Carolina individual declined to put down a weapon after emerging from his car as police were in the area to serve a warrant. It should be noted that possession of a firearm for Keith Lamont Scott is illegal, in as much as he has a violent criminal history, and in general revealing a firearm that you don't intend to use (brandishing) is illegal as NC is not an open carry state.

Regardless, criminality does not equal a death sentence. Police are not empowered to determine guilt or punishment.

True, however police are allowed to defend themselves in the course of their duty. I am sure you can agree that an individual whom appears high and proceeds to ignore you in favor of retrieving something from the car he "parked" in the middle of the road way might be cause for alarm, as well as an individual declining (in general) to abandon a visible weapon when police spot and approach him.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:53:58 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:44:50 PM, TBR wrote:

In reference to the Clinton quote, I still contend you are reading too much into it, but I buy that it is upsetting to you. I can see why, I just disagree on how it is being received. To BLM, I agree they have done a terrible job in presenting any coherent case. Activism has communicate to the people outside the group, and for a number of reasons, BLM has failed.

As to Obama, and any "divide". Well, I could talk for days about who and why we are more divided today, and Obama would not make the top 10. Racial issues have been present forever, and that we are talking now is a net positive.

No, a net positive is when people don't use ethnicity as the very first descriptor for everything. A cop shot a man and at first appearance appears to be a wrongful shoot. Wtf does ethnicity have to be the very first thing out of the media and those who take offense to everything's mouth.

It's like the nfl... Thank god we don't have to hear about the black qb, black head coach anymore. They are people just like everyone else.

Those who default to ethnicity thinking they are shedding light on injustice are in actuality perpetuating the continual divisiveness of society.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:58:00 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:50:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

The Oklahoma individual had PCP in the vehicle, and (odds are) in his system. Possession of a controlled substance is illegal.

The Carolina individual declined to put down a weapon after emerging from his car as police were in the area to serve a warrant. It should be noted that possession of a firearm for Keith Lamont Scott is illegal, in as much as he has a violent criminal history, and in general revealing a firearm that you don't intend to use (brandishing) is illegal as NC is not an open carry state.

I have no detail to add, or wish to split hairs on this one. I honestly don't think it makes much difference in the overall debate. The criminality of, say, the wackos like Bundy are the juxtaposition in my mind.

Regardless, criminality does not equal a death sentence. Police are not empowered to determine guilt or punishment.

True, however police are allowed to defend themselves in the course of their duty. I am sure you can agree that an individual whom appears high and proceeds to ignore you in favor of retrieving something from the car he "parked" in the middle of the road way might be cause for alarm, as well as an individual declining (in general) to abandon a visible weapon when police spot and approach him.

I don't disagree. I think that a good deal of this could be resolved with a top-down change in training, and procedures. The police officers need to remain safe, while allowing for a deescalation of any situation.

The overall issue, too many dead bodys shot by police, should not have to devolve into "well, he looked high", or "well, he through a punch". The problem should be striped of these deflecting arguments, and assessed with an eye for improving law enforcement AND reducing deaths.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:03:21 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:53:58 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

No, a net positive is when people don't use ethnicity as the very first descriptor for everything. A cop shot a man and at first appearance appears to be a wrongful shoot. Wtf does ethnicity have to be the very first thing out of the media and those who take offense to everything's mouth.
1) The net positive I mentioned is, race is being discussed now more than before. This is what a very large group of American citizens have been asking for, and been largely ignored. Right or wrong, they deserve a national conversation about the issue. A conversation free of blatant attempts to deflect or muddy the discourse.
2) Race, for better or worse, does have a place in this conversation. There are still problems with systemic racism, ignoring that is part of the problem. Just man-up and have the real conversation without worrying about your hurt feelings.

It's like the nfl... Thank god we don't have to hear about the black qb, black head coach anymore. They are people just like everyone else.
I watch no football, and don't give a rats a$$ about whatever happens in sports.

Those who default to ethnicity thinking they are shedding light on injustice are in actuality perpetuating the continual divisiveness of society.
No. There IS a divide, and too many are willing to just ignore it, or deflect because it makes them uncomfortable to discuss.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:25:42 PM
At 9/22/2016 5:03:21 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/22/2016 4:53:58 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

1) The net positive I mentioned is, race is being discussed now more than before. This is what a very large group of American citizens have been asking for, and been largely ignored. Right or wrong, they deserve a national conversation about the issue. A conversation free of blatant attempts to deflect or muddy the discourse.
2) Race, for better or worse, does have a place in this conversation. There are still problems with systemic racism, ignoring that is part of the problem. Just man-up and have the real conversation without worrying about your hurt feelings.

I watch no football, and don't give a rats a$$ about whatever happens in sports.

No. There IS a divide, and too many are willing to just ignore it, or deflect because it makes them uncomfortable to discuss.

Some of us see no divide, have no issue treating everyone the same, and basically don't give a rats azz about anyone's ethnicity or religion. As mom taught me, treat everyone the same and all someone can call you is an azzhole.

Many like some here jump on this issue and are the typical whitey.... But I have black friends. Stfu. I just have friends, no descriptors.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:34:59 PM

Yes discussion can be good, however from my perspective and little spot on the world, this is far more dividing than enlightening, that perception maybe right or wrong, doesn't matter, the thoughtless comments and messages who make them thinking they are helping really need to take a very good look at what the net effect is, if they are truly wishing to unite rather than divide. Much like you posted on Snowden, they aren't looking at the over all big picture, true in that case, true in this case. Defending blm and their spawn is like saying 2 wrongs make a right.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:52:40 PM
At 9/22/2016 1:44:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"White cops and white people are devils." Looks like white liberals are devils. Interesting to know. Here's what mindless liberal race baiting gets you. Looks like liberals are getting what they want: race baiting, violence, and chaos.

http://www.cnn.com...

This guy is a devil.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 6:31:23 PM
At 9/22/2016 4:58:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/22/2016 4:50:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I have no detail to add, or wish to split hairs on this one. I honestly don't think it makes much difference in the overall debate. The criminality of, say, the wackos like Bundy are the juxtaposition in my mind.

I don't disagree. I think that a good deal of this could be resolved with a top-down change in training, and procedures. The police officers need to remain safe, while allowing for a deescalation of any situation.

The overall issue, too many dead bodys shot by police, should not have to devolve into "well, he looked high", or "well, he through a punch". The problem should be striped of these deflecting arguments, and assessed with an eye for improving law enforcement AND reducing deaths.

and while I would agree we should look for ways to reduce police shooting, I would take it a step further, and you know I have argued this many many times, we should look to reduce all crime and deaths. I have never been arrested, I don't break the law, I don't even speed, I stay out of high crime areas and known drug dealing areas the best I can, avoiding all that stuff makes your chances of being stopped greatly reduced. The stop and frisk laws of NY while they worked and I like Rudy I thought were wrong, but that's not what we are talking about. There's lot of agitators out there who engage the police on their own, to make a youtube video or whatever their purpose is, while they have the right to do it, people get jaded, how can they not? are they not still people? So this constant white privilege, white people this white people that, it's white people's fault etc etc has a negative over all effect to whatever issue it may bring into light, you need a different approach.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 8:30:55 PM
I couldn't agree more. Many people of every ethnicity are jerks. Some think it is enlightening to focus on diversity. Me, I find it divisive to continually point out diversity.

'We' claim we want everyone to be treated the same but at every instance 'we' go out of our way to point out difference.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 8:35:52 PM
At 9/22/2016 8:30:55 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Many people of every ethnicity are jerks. Some think it is enlightening to focus on diversity. Me, I find it divisive to continually point out diversity.

'We' claim we want everyone to be treated the same but at every instance 'we' go out of our way to point out difference.

and those who only want to be label as American instead of African American are ridiculed and looked down upon. It's more a fashion statement than anything, look at those who gained positions by pretending they where black until caught.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 8:49:18 PM
True that.

By census standards I'm considered Caucasian. Since that also means I'm the devil, does that preclude me from having to get a Halloween costume considering I'm already beelzebub?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 9:22:11 PM

The fact that more whites are killed by cops and that doesn't disturb you in the bit?