Jump to topic:

Anarchy happening in America's cities

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:20:39 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
What we witness in America's cities today is anarchy. Civil society has lost the ability to respond to the disruption by paid so called protesters. Those behind the riots, those anarchists, have set in motion their paid foot soldiers who's only purpose is to cause as much frustration and unrest as they can by showing that the control of cities by authorities can be easily taken away by mob action and chants of rebellion and by destruction of businesses left unanswered by authorities
Why has this anarchy allowed to progress to the point where law abiding citizens fear that their police and the states national guard will be ineffective in their attempts to stop these rioters from taking over their lives and their cities. Because the American citizens have witnessed how other cities have faired when these rioters have taken over the streets of other cities and how the officials of those cities were unable or unwilling to confront these anarchists. Those who's duty called for them to stop these riots didn't respond because the public officials in those cities realized that they would be sacrificed to political correctness and were afraid of the personal consequences for themselves and their families if they attempted to do anything . And so America's streets are filled with rioters and the anarchists who turned them loose on America's cities and citizens quitely lay their plans for the next victims, the next city, which they can bring to its knees. Is your city next, sleep well America, while you can for you never know what tomorrow may bring to your city. Anarchist may be laying their plans to visit your city next.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:23:36 AM
I'm not psrticulary religious but am not blind either. America turned its back on God, unity, and family, and all hell is breaking loose....and it's going to get worse.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:40:47 AM
At 9/23/2016 3:23:36 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
I'm not psrticulary religious but am not blind either. America turned its back on God, unity, and family, and all hell is breaking loose....and it's going to get worse.

Unfortunately, you're right.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:46:06 AM
I don't think we can blame God but we sure as hell have a lot to answer for as a society
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:30:11 AM
At 9/23/2016 3:40:47 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

I'm curious, though... give me a period in American history that was better than this, back when people cared about "God and family."
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:37:06 AM
At 9/23/2016 11:30:11 AM, tejretics wrote:

I'm curious, though... give me a period in American history that was better than this, back when people cared about "God and family."

Not to quibble but by 'better' in what context? I'd contend all people have a more equal opportunity in today's society than anytime in the past (not total equality, just a more equal in comparison to the past).

But we also have a skewed view as to universal right vs wrong. I can't ascribe that as 'just from turning away from God'. I'd contend our moral slide encompasses a whole range of factors from a broken educational system, a litigious creep into everyday life to rectify every perceived wrong, a huge growth in federal oversight do to local communities looking for the larger entity to handle local responsibility, etc..., etc...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:40:33 AM

"Better" I think would be the lead up to WW2, the lead up to WWI, and the time post WW2 before Russia became a prominent nuclear super power.

Devil's advocate, though. Every generation has it's doom sayers.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 11:56:39 AM

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 12:01:20 PM
You don't have to like Christianity or even believe in it but...

By simple inductive reasoning, when this country was at its peak, that was the rallying point. Most everybody essentially believed in the same general ideals within reason. Now it has become a melting pot of everyone do your own thing, laws are subjective, morality is subjective, etc, and too many people are not on the same page, nor do they have beliefs or lack of beliefs that are in any way similar. Thus, we have a giant divide that is widening. The leople need a rallying point, but they don't have it anymore.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 12:52:33 PM

The early 80s
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:24:26 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I do you think the family unit is not better today than let's say the 50's? Are children better off born to wed parents and intact families then not? Is the drug and std problem better today than 30 years ago? To me we are not better off today when God and family was more important, both provided structure and rules which are lacking, especially in poor areas.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:28:08 PM
What you are seeing here is the eschatological aspect of the ideology that is Americanism. The social conservative will point to Eisenhower's 1950s and the fiscal conservative to Reagan's 1980s.

From a critical vantage, it is evidently clear that Americanism is alive and well.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:47:09 PM
At 9/23/2016 3:28:08 PM, NHN wrote:
What you are seeing here is the eschatological aspect of the ideology that is Americanism. The social conservative will point to Eisenhower's 1950s and the fiscal conservative to Reagan's 1980s.

From a critical vantage, it is evidently clear that Americanism is alive and well.

The independent says 1820....
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:48:38 PM
Sans slavery and women's suffrage. I specifically mean the reigning in of federal power and the central bank.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:56:30 PM
when you have city governments breaking laws they don't wish to enforce, shouldn't this be expected? If they won't follow the law, why should we?
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:03:36 PM
At 9/23/2016 3:48:38 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Sans slavery and women's suffrage. I specifically mean the reigning in of federal power and the central bank.
I'd reverse it. Add slavery and you get the civil war, the high point of the 19th century, where an America divided against itself fought for the correct interpretation of its founding documents.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:55:18 PM
At 9/23/2016 4:03:36 PM, NHN wrote:
I'd reverse it. Add slavery and you get the civil war, the high point of the 19th century, where an America divided against itself fought for the correct interpretation of its founding documents.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Fair and valid point. Isn't it ironic that many who fought for the union were just as rascist as their southern brethren yet gave up their lives regardless?
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 5:37:31 PM
At 9/23/2016 4:55:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

-- Thomas Jefferson
Fair and valid point. Isn't it ironic that many who fought for the union were just as rascist as their southern brethren yet gave up their lives regardless?
To confuse it further, there were even a handful of freed slaves who signed up to fight for the Confederacy.

The future of the American experiment was at stake, and it could only be determined by either the vision of the Union or the South. Only a war could settle the matter.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 5:47:40 PM
At 9/23/2016 5:37:31 PM, NHN wrote:

-- Thomas Jefferson
To confuse it further, there were even a handful of freed slaves who signed up to fight for the Confederacy.

The future of the American experiment was at stake, and it could only be determined by either the vision of the Union or the South. Only a war could settle the matter.

Our history, while brief compared to others, is indeed rather colorful, no pun intended.

Shame we are, in my opinion, throwing much of it away with bs partisan hacks who don't believe in discourse but do believe in finger pointing (both sides).
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 6:43:49 PM
At 9/23/2016 5:47:40 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

-- Thomas Jefferson

Our history, while brief compared to others, is indeed rather colorful, no pun intended.
And it will remain colorful -- in every way.

Shame we are, in my opinion, throwing much of it away with bs partisan hacks who don't believe in discourse but do believe in finger pointing (both sides).
I think it goes with the territory, unfortunately.

Looking at the ninnies here on DDO and elsewhere one might think we find ourselves in the midst of a civil war or even a world war -- perhaps the end of the world itself. But it really is politics as usual. It is in such times that it is most important to maintain one's critical perspective and independence.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 6:48:07 PM
At 9/23/2016 6:43:49 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/23/2016 5:47:40 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

-- Thomas Jefferson

And it will remain colorful -- in every way.

I think it goes with the territory, unfortunately.

Looking at the ninnies here on DDO and elsewhere one might think we find ourselves in the midst of a civil war or even a world war -- perhaps the end of the world itself. But it really is politics as usual. It is in such times that it is most important to maintain one's critical perspective and independence.

Contrary to many, I'm glad we have a robust immigration policy. Speaking of colorful. If not we'd find ourselves in europe and Japan's situation with an aging population and not enough bay bays to keep the population stable.

Yes it is politics as usual in many regards... It would be interesting with a time machine to travel back and gauge the partisanship around 1800 to today.
Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 2:50:58 AM
At 9/23/2016 3:23:36 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
The foundation of a nation is the family and the rule of law is what, or it should, protect that foundation.
Joseph Story, in " Commentaries on the constitution of the United States, 1833, Vol. 111, Justice Joseph Story Stated: "it yet remains a problem to be solved in human affairs, whether any free government can be permanent, where the public worship of God, and the support of religion, constitute no part of the policy or duty of the State in any assignable shape."
Noah Webster Stated: "....Society requires that education of youth should be watched with the most scrupulous attention. Education, in a great measure, forms the moral characters of men, and morals are the basis of Government."
Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Doctor Thomas Cooper, November 2Nd. 1822 " The easiest way of becoming acquainted with the modes of thinking, the rules of conduct, and the prevailing manners of any people, is to examine what sort of education they give their children; How they treat them at home, and what they are taught in their places of public worship."
When we look at the recent riots on America's streets we see the nations youth and their rebellion against all common established rules of society.
The conduct we are witnessing by todays young people didn't just happen it has been taught to them by those trusted by parents with their future welfare Permissiveness and relativism were the lessens taught and the nations youth have obviously adopted their tutors instructions drummed into them daily, year in year out, as their own rules of personal conduct. The nation is presently reaping the sad results of such instructions.
Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 12:14:51 PM
At 9/23/2016 11:37:06 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

(" Not to quibble but by 'better' in what context? I'd contend all people have a more equal opportunity in today's society than anytime in the past (not total equality, just a more equal in comparison to the past)."
".... I'd contend all people have a more equal opportunity in today's society than anytime in the past ..." Your right, a equal opportunity to move back home with mom and pop because the degree you received at the university in feminism, Afro-American studies turned out didn't qualify you for a position in the real world. In the make believe world of academia the instructions given there don't match the real world's needs and so the young with their degrees end up back with mom and pop until the world that the universities painted for them exists. In the mean time these young people can get together and perhaps sing along to the songs, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony perhaps even "Kum ba ya"

But we also have a skewed view as to universal right vs wrong. I can't ascribe that as 'just from turning away from God'. I'd contend our moral slide encompasses a whole range of factors from a broken educational system, a litigious creep into everyday life to rectify every perceived wrong, a huge growth in federal oversight do to local communities looking for the larger entity to handle local responsibility, etc..., etc...
NestorTheZizek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 9:29:40 AM
At 9/23/2016 3:20:39 AM, Lookingatissues wrote:
What we witness in America's cities today is anarchy. Civil society has lost the ability to respond to the disruption by paid so called protesters. Those behind the riots, those anarchists, have set in motion their paid foot soldiers who's only purpose is to cause as much frustration and unrest as they can by showing that the control of cities by authorities can be easily taken away by mob action and chants of rebellion and by destruction of businesses left unanswered by authorities
Why has this anarchy allowed to progress to the point where law abiding citizens fear that their police and the states national guard will be ineffective in their attempts to stop these rioters from taking over their lives and their cities. Because the American citizens have witnessed how other cities have faired when these rioters have taken over the streets of other cities and how the officials of those cities were unable or unwilling to confront these anarchists. Those who's duty called for them to stop these riots didn't respond because the public officials in those cities realized that they would be sacrificed to political correctness and were afraid of the personal consequences for themselves and their families if they attempted to do anything . And so America's streets are filled with rioters and the anarchists who turned them loose on America's cities and citizens quitely lay their plans for the next victims, the next city, which they can bring to its knees. Is your city next, sleep well America, while you can for you never know what tomorrow may bring to your city. Anarchist may be laying their plans to visit your city next.

That's not anarchy. Anarchy is the belief that humans form spontaneous order and anarchy is a belief in freedom and social ownership and democracy
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 11:38:57 AM
At 9/27/2016 9:29:40 AM, NestorTheZizek wrote:
That's not anarchy. Anarchy is the belief that humans form spontaneous order and anarchy is a belief in freedom and social ownership and democracy
You're describing anarchism. Anarchy simply signifies the absence of order.
NestorTheZizek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:07:31 PM
You're describing anarchism. Anarchy simply signifies the absence of order.

Sorry, I misjudged and didn't think before I wrote the statement