Jump to topic:

If Trump Wins, Blame Clinton

Purch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 9:42:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
"I, too, would like to jump on this bandwagon and advance my own hypothesis as to which individual we can blame in the event Trump wins. If Clinton loses, really, there"s only one person you can blame: Hillary Rodham Clinton."

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com...[/url]

I thought this was an excellent article, written by one of my favorite youtubers (The Humanist Report). I think it sums up a point that shouldn't ever have needed to be said. In an election the onus is on the candidate to be for the people, and not for the people to be for the candidate. So this narrative the past month that young voters are failing Clinton, rather than Clinton failing to be the kind of politician that inspires our generation to want to vote for her, is disingenuous if not entirely unethical. Shaming and Fear mongering have become the tools that DNC is utilizing to try and gain voters, that they lost due to the nominee that they pushed to elect. The argument that she's "Not Trump" is simply not good enough for a large portion of the dissatisfied electorate. People realize that the corruption that they associate with Hillary, is the only reason a crazy guy like Trump ever got this far to begin with. It's all a result of the American public's rejection of establishment politics as usual.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:15:36 PM
http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Purch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:39:46 PM
At 9/25/2016 10:15:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Are you sure you posted this in the right thread?
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:58:44 PM
At 9/25/2016 10:39:46 PM, Purch wrote:
At 9/25/2016 10:15:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Are you sure you posted this in the right thread?

Yes. It's the American victory dance
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Purch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:19:51 AM
Okay, I guess
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 9:54:10 AM
At 9/25/2016 9:42:03 PM, Purch wrote:
"I, too, would like to jump on this bandwagon and advance my own hypothesis as to which individual we can blame in the event Trump wins. If Clinton loses, really, there"s only one person you can blame: Hillary Rodham Clinton."

I thought this was an excellent article, written by one of my favorite youtubers (The Humanist Report). I think it sums up a point that shouldn't ever have needed to be said. In an election the onus is on the candidate to be for the people, and not for the people to be for the candidate. So this narrative the past month that young voters are failing Clinton, rather than Clinton failing to be the kind of politician that inspires our generation to want to vote for her, is disingenuous if not entirely unethical. Shaming and Fear mongering have become the tools that DNC is utilizing to try and gain voters, that they lost due to the nominee that they pushed to elect. The argument that she's "Not Trump" is simply not good enough for a large portion of the dissatisfied electorate. People realize that the corruption that they associate with Hillary, is the only reason a crazy guy like Trump ever got this far to begin with. It's all a result of the American public's rejection of establishment politics as usual.

If trump wins, its definitely on us lol. Even if there were no good options, we are the people who continue to employ those bad options in government prior to election. Ruled by the people, for the people.

Furthermore, Hillary Clinton was criticizing the universally unacceptable motives for voting for Trump. She was not "Blaming the People" so much as she was slamming him from my perception. That's not something to argue, as we all have our own way of taking things.

The big red flag I'm seeing here, is the need to blame....Who cares? What I mean is, we just need to be our best, do the best we can do, and strive for improvement. Blaming, doesn't seem to accomplish anything to my way of thinking.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Purch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 6:48:37 PM
This thread is even more relevant now than it was when I first made it. Literally Hillary, her surrogates, and her million dollar superpack are investing all their time and money into trying to shame third-parties.

I mean Obama's speech literally gave you these options

A vote for Hillary= A vote for Hillary
A vote for Trump= A vote for Trump
A vote for Gary Johnson= A vote for Trump
A vote for Jill Stein= A vote for Trump
Not Voting= A vote for Trump

At this point it's funny how they're really trying to portray this message that only the voters can fail the establishment, and it can't ever be the establishment trying to throw something at voters that they reject.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 6:51:15 PM
At 9/25/2016 9:42:03 PM, Purch wrote:

I actually considered Bernie, but once Clinton got the nod, I was out.