Jump to topic:

Pro Censor . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:35:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What do you think of those who are Pro-Censor to the extremes . . . I am not talking about the censoring of kids channels and kids books I am talking about the censorship of every little thing, so much censor that when watching T.V. all you get is a giant black bar and bleep sound . . . (people who would censor a toe . . .)
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:44:02 AM
At 1/13/2011 10:35:27 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What do you think of those who are Pro-Censor to the extremes . . . I am not talking about the censoring of kids channels and kids books I am talking about the censorship of every little thing, so much censor that when watching T.V. all you get is a giant black bar and bleep sound . . . (people who would censor a toe . . .)

Toes are ugly and people need to be protected from them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:50:45 AM
I am against censorship in all of it's forms.

Though, it happens naturally anyway.. Say you have a T.V. show that the owner of a station finds distasteful.... Think they are likely to put it on the air? Ok, even if they were to put it on the air because they think it would make them a lot of money... Imagine they have something else that is so distasteful that they might lose money if they put it up?

You could argue that this isn't censorship, because a T.V. station only plays one show at a time, and they have to choose their space wisely.. Maybe that was a bad example, but the point I'm trying to make is that society will work its hardest to shut you up if they don't like what you are saying.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:51:49 AM
At 1/13/2011 10:50:45 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I am against censorship in all of it's forms.

Though, it happens naturally anyway.. Say you have a T.V. show that the owner of a station finds distasteful.... Think they are likely to put it on the air? Ok, even if they were to put it on the air because they think it would make them a lot of money... Imagine they have something else that is so distasteful that they might lose money if they put it up?

You could argue that this isn't censorship, because a T.V. station only plays one show at a time, and they have to choose their space wisely.. Maybe that was a bad example, but the point I'm trying to make is that society will work its hardest to shut you up if they don't like what you are saying.

It is censorship, just not government censorship.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:55:51 AM
Ok then.
Government should stay out of censorship.

Especially the United States government, because it VIOLATES THE FIRST AMENDMENT of the Constitution.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:08:28 AM
At 1/13/2011 10:55:51 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Ok then.

Especially the United States government, because it VIOLATES THE FIRST AMENDMENT of the Constitution.

This.

Censorship is bad, mmmkay.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:28:08 AM
At 1/13/2011 10:55:51 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Ok then.

Never cared too much for that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 1:11:05 PM
What do you think of those who are Pro-Censor to the extremes . . . I am not talking about the censoring of kids channels and kids books I am talking about the censorship of every little thing, so much censor that when watching T.V. all you get is a giant black bar and bleep sound:

If they like censorship so much, they should move to North Korea or Iran.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 1:22:26 PM
At 1/13/2011 1:11:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
What do you think of those who are Pro-Censor to the extremes . . . I am not talking about the censoring of kids channels and kids books I am talking about the censorship of every little thing, so much censor that when watching T.V. all you get is a giant black bar and bleep sound:

Right.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 2:15:20 PM
At 1/13/2011 1:22:26 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 1/13/2011 1:11:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Right.

. . . or pvssystan . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 3:51:46 PM
Depends on what it is. Obviously complete censorship is bad, but we don't need full nudity and sex scenes on things aimed at children. We also don't need to be promoting racism, sexism, etc.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 3:59:17 PM
At 1/13/2011 3:51:46 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
Depends on what it is. Obviously complete censorship is bad, but we don't need full nudity and sex scenes on things aimed at children.

What about normal television? btw no one says you or your kids have o watch something if you or they find it offensive. I don't really see why nudity is bad and something children should be "protected" against. Its just natural. we don't shield them from naked squirrels or dogs or geckos, what is wrong with humans seeing naked humans?

We also don't need to be promoting racism, sexism, etc.

lol good luck with that. censorship doesn't really deal with that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:01:20 PM
That is dealt with from fear of offending people.
Offended people may sue for hate-content I believe
or else they lose a lot of viewers.
Either way they lose
So if its that big of a deal
it wont last

Gawd I sound like such a free-market anarchist thing now -kills self-
But that is only with virtual things like things online or on tv.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:05:14 PM
At 1/13/2011 3:59:17 PM, lovelife wrote:

What about normal television? btw no one says you or your kids have o watch something if you or they find it offensive. I don't really see why nudity is bad and something children should be "protected" against. Its just natural. we don't shield them from naked squirrels or dogs or geckos, what is wrong with humans seeing naked humans?

Save it for the appropriate time and place. It's seen as socially unacceptable to walk around in public nude since there will be children around so the same standards should be upheld on T.V shows. If something is aimed at a younger audience it doesn't need to have sex scenes, etc. For an older audience it's probably fine though.

Well it should instead of focusing on trivial things such as swearing. Who cares if people swear on T.V? I have heard kids as young as nine and ten saying things like sh*t, crap, etc.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:06:21 PM
fvck the kids!

.... wait, that didn't come out right...
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:07:19 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:06:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
fvck the kids!

.... wait, that didn't come out right...

Pedo! :o
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:12:42 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:05:14 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/13/2011 3:59:17 PM, lovelife wrote:

Save it for the appropriate time and place.

What is not appropriate about the natural human body?

It's seen as socially unacceptable to walk around in public nude since there will be children around so the same standards should be upheld on T.V shows.

Does not logically follow. I don't see why people should be forced to wear clothes to hide the natural human body.
Therefore I don't see why those standards should be on tv either.

If something is aimed at a younger audience it doesn't need to have sex scenes, etc. For an older audience it's probably fine though.

It doesn't need to have sex scenes for older audience either. It's all about preference.

Well it should instead of focusing on trivial things such as swearing. Who cares if people swear on T.V? I have heard kids as young as nine and ten saying things like sh*t, crap, etc.
Crap isn't a swear word. I also know kids who fvcked at the age of 9, so now it should be allowed on tv aimed at children, by your standards
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:13:19 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:06:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
fvck the kids!

http://knowyourmeme.com...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:17:11 PM
http://www.debate.org...
Minister Of Trolling
:
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:21:17 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:12:42 PM, lovelife wrote:

Ask christians that, not me. Somehow the human body has become the devil to them.

It doesn't need to have sex scenes for older audience either. It's all about preference.

Not really. If a show is aimed at children then that's where some degree of censorship is appropriate. On everything else if they're going to have more mature content they should at least provide a warning.

Crap isn't a swear word. I also know kids who fvcked at the age of 9, so now it should be allowed on tv aimed at children, by your standards

Some people consider crap a swear word, but that's not the point here. And many children f*ck at the age of nine due to some of the content they see on T.V which is why, going back to my first point some degree of censorship is appropriate. Children act a certain way based on how their society around them acts. If there's a large amount of sexualization in society then it'll show up in children too since they'll see that as the "normal" way to act. Just saying.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:34:03 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:21:17 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/13/2011 4:12:42 PM, lovelife wrote:

Ask christians that, not me. Somehow the human body has become the devil to them.

Idc. Laws should not be based on a religion. Theocracy is bad. I live in a democratic republic, where freedom of religion is talked about. Meaning no religion should force its views on us.

Not really. If a show is aimed at children then that's where some degree of censorship is appropriate. On everything else if they're going to have more mature content they should at least provide a warning.

I don't see the issue. If a show is aimed at children and its offensive then you as a parent are able to personally block it, but that is not the governments job. Eventually they will see what content actually succeeds and base their shows on that rather than some law that people force due to religion. I am morally opposed to morality laws.

Some people consider crap a swear word, but that's not the point here. And many children f*ck at the age of nine due to some of the content they see on T.V which is why, going back to my first point some degree of censorship is appropriate.

A lot of children swear at a young age because of what they see on tv. Your point is?
If we stop trying to "shield" our kids but rather show them the truth, and the real nature, along with how to be responsible, then the system will be better.
In countries that are less censored things seem to be better. Your in Germany right? There are places in which nudity is mandated, such as public swimming pools, yet the AIDS rate is lower there than here where everything is censored, why is that?

Children act a certain way based on how their society around them acts. If there's a large amount of sexualization in society then it'll show up in children too since they'll see that as the "normal" way to act. Just saying.

I don't see what is wrong with new generations having sex. In fact that is the only way for humans to live. Sex is natural. When you are young, you really don't care if you see a naked woman or a sex scene (unless people make a deal of it, and try and protect you, then you want to see it more)
When they get older they get hormones, and the sexed up hormone thing is what most people fear.

Children have sex at a young age because they are simply told its bad, and are thus "shielded" from something natural, which is counter productive.
Are you aware that in Saudi Arabia, being gay can get you (legally) killed, yet almost everyone there has gay sex?
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:48:24 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:34:03 PM, lovelife wrote:

Idc. Laws should not be based on a religion. Theocracy is bad. I live in a democratic republic, where freedom of religion is talked about. Meaning no religion should force its views on us.

Yet somehow they want to force religious laws on the general populace. Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. all theocracies so we know how that turns out...

I don't see the issue. If a show is aimed at children and its offensive then you as a parent are able to personally block it, but that is not the governments job. Eventually they will see what content actually succeeds and base their shows on that rather than some law that people force due to religion. I am morally opposed to morality laws.

Meh, many parents are irresponsible and should not even be reproducing in the first place.

A lot of children swear at a young age because of what they see on tv. Your point is?
If we stop trying to "shield" our kids but rather show them the truth, and the real nature, along with how to be responsible, then the system will be better.
In countries that are less censored things seem to be better. Your in Germany right? There are places in which nudity is mandated, such as public swimming pools, yet the AIDS rate is lower there than here where everything is censored, why is that?

Even in most places where public nudity is allowed children generally don't go. Again, things like that are appropriate as long as you're dealing with an older audience.

I don't see what is wrong with new generations having sex. In fact that is the only way for humans to live. Sex is natural. When you are young, you really don't care if you see a naked woman or a sex scene (unless people make a deal of it, and try and protect you, then you want to see it more)
When they get older they get hormones, and the sexed up hormone thing is what most people fear.

I was just using sex as an example to point out that children act a certain way based on their society's expectations. As a general rule if you're young and in a situation where you wouldn't be able to support yourself then you shouldn't be having sex since it can lead to things like pregnancy. Also, obviously pre-pubescent children shouldn't be having sex either. They have no reason to anyway since they ahve not yet developed the hormones that create sexual urges.

Children have sex at a young age because they are simply told its bad, and are thus "shielded" from something natural, which is counter productive.
Are you aware that in Saudi Arabia, being gay can get you (legally) killed, yet almost everyone there has gay sex?

I have heard about Saudi Arabia, yes. I think even some straight people there have gay sex since they society is so incredibly gender segregated. That says nothing about our own society though where gay sex is generally pretty well accepted now. Here if you have sexual urges you just go and satisfy them without second thought.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 4:50:30 PM
Oh yea, one more thing. Young people can often lack proper judgement so it's generally riskier for them to engage in sexual activity.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:10:37 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:48:24 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/13/2011 4:34:03 PM, lovelife wrote:

Yet somehow they want to force religious laws on the general populace. Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. all theocracies so we know how that turns out...

Yeah yeah, bad and counter-productive. That is -my- point.

Meh, many parents are irresponsible and should not even be reproducing in the first place.

So everyone should be punished because some people were never educated on proper condom usage?

Even in most places where public nudity is allowed children generally don't go.

Mostly a personal choice. I haven't seen anything that had an age limit on where you can go.

Again, things like that are appropriate as long as you're dealing with an older audience.

So younger kids shouldn't be able to swim in he healthier pools? Its no appropriate for them to be safe?

I was just using sex as an example to point out that children act a certain way based on their society's expectations.

I don't see whats wrong with sex, so long as the people involved are consenting, and have safe sex. I'm not saying that a 20 year old and a 5 year old is okay but a 14 year old and a 13 year old having protected sex, especially in a committed relationship, should be allowed, and not heavily frowned upon.

As a general rule if you're young and in a situation where you wouldn't be able to support yourself then you shouldn't be having sex since it can lead to things like pregnancy.

Being safe and educated about it would help. Stop shielding the children, and they will be safer.

Also, obviously pre-pubescent children shouldn't be having sex either.

If its their choice, and they are with someone in a similar age group.
If it wasn't so hidden they wouldn't be as curious, however it is curiosity that leads to it, so best thing to do is to educate them rather than try and shut them down and "protect" them. Abstinence only teachings fail about 100% of the time.
Where as when safe alternatives are given the success rate is higher.
Also if "adult" stores would sell to minors, they wouldn't have to risk pregnancy for the feeling they want. They could just go get a toy or something which ought to satisfy them for a while.
Too much protection is a bad thing.

They have no reason to anyway since they ahve not yet developed the hormones that create sexual urges.

Its curiosity. Your name is Shelly, right? Well have you ever wondered what something was like? You just had to try it? Like a new food, or a new haircut? Just to see what it was like? Thats what the kids are experiencing. They know people are trying to hide them from it, so naturally they want to know what it is.

I have heard about Saudi Arabia, yes. I think even some straight people there have gay sex since they society is so incredibly gender segregated.

Yes, the stronger the laws, the more counter-productive.

That says nothing about our own society though where gay sex is generally pretty well accepted now.

Gay sex=/=the point.
The point is the stronger the laws, the more couter-productive they are.

Here if you have sexual urges you just go and satisfy them without second thought.

So?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 5:15:54 PM
At 1/13/2011 4:50:30 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
Oh yea, one more thing. Young people can often lack proper judgement so it's generally riskier for them to engage in sexual activity.

Only if they aren't taught about how to be safe.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 6:35:59 PM
At 1/13/2011 5:10:37 PM, lovelife wrote:
The point is the stronger the laws, the more couter-productive they are.

Please tell me that you don't honestly believe that.