Jump to topic:

Gary Johnson is....

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:22:26 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
The more I've looked into Gary Johnson, the more I sincerely like him, and I can honestly say now, that although I have not decided who to vote for, I view him as much more then an alternative to other shall we say, challenging, options.

I'd like this to be a place to discuss with relative neutrality Gary Johnson's positions, as well as his 'resume', personal character, and his ability to step up to the requirements of office.

For the sake of keeping things fairly clean, organized, and useful, I ask that people use taste and good judgement before posting. Proofread carefully, and take into account the previous posts in this thread before commenting.

Also, and this should go without saying; I encourage thought and neutrality which means we will be discussing from all angles, but I strongly urge posters to focus on the meat and potatoes of the man and not dwell on whatever media crazes are going on at the moment. I will make no effort to moderate this thread, so its up to you guys. The object is not to promote, nor bury him based on your personal view but to illuminate and educate.

Thank you, I hope this thread will develop into something that can help people make an informed decision in this election.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 4:38:27 PM
At 9/28/2016 3:22:26 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
The more I've looked into Gary Johnson, the more I sincerely like him, and I can honestly say now, that although I have not decided who to vote for, I view him as much more then an alternative to other shall we say, challenging, options.

I'd like this to be a place to discuss with relative neutrality Gary Johnson's positions, as well as his 'resume', personal character, and his ability to step up to the requirements of office.

For the sake of keeping things fairly clean, organized, and useful, I ask that people use taste and good judgement before posting. Proofread carefully, and take into account the previous posts in this thread before commenting.

Also, and this should go without saying; I encourage thought and neutrality which means we will be discussing from all angles, but I strongly urge posters to focus on the meat and potatoes of the man and not dwell on whatever media crazes are going on at the moment. I will make no effort to moderate this thread, so its up to you guys. The object is not to promote, nor bury him based on your personal view but to illuminate and educate.

Thank you, I hope this thread will develop into something that can help people make an informed decision in this election.

The liberal media polls pushed him out and on purpose.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 6:48:25 PM

I like his personality much more than the other candidates, and I think he would be less destructive, would not be my first choice at the beginning of the election, but with the primary results he is the best option.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 7:53:27 PM

Unless some other form of voting is implemented, POTUS elections are about our two partys. Even discussing the possibility of voting for one of the other partys is voter malpractice.

Do as you please, vote as you please, just never mistake a POTUS vote for a third party as anything other than flushing your vote.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:24:43 PM

http://www.cnn.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 9:36:28 PM

What's a leppo?

Lol. All seriously, Gary Johnson is your typical safe-space SJW person. He got triggered when some interviewer said, "illegal immigrants" the other day and has shown to be an absolute idiot on many stuff, you can see a summed up video by Paul Joseph Watson on him. But he would appeal to you if you like SJWs and neo-feminists.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 10:09:38 PM
At 9/28/2016 9:36:28 PM, Roukezian wrote:

What's a leppo?

Lol. All seriously, Gary Johnson is your typical safe-space SJW person. He got triggered when some interviewer said, "illegal immigrants" the other day and has shown to be an absolute idiot on many stuff, you can see a summed up video by Paul Joseph Watson on him. But he would appeal to you if you like SJWs and neo-feminists.

No, I'm pretty sure it was more like a game show joke. What is....Aleppo. Did I win? What is SJW?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 10:21:48 PM
At 9/28/2016 10:09:38 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 9/28/2016 9:36:28 PM, Roukezian wrote:

What's a leppo?

No, I'm pretty sure it was more like a game show joke. What is....Aleppo. Did I win? What is SJW?

Social Justice Warrior.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 10:57:53 PM

What's aleppo?
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 1:18:26 AM
At 9/28/2016 7:53:27 PM, TBR wrote:

Unless some other form of voting is implemented, POTUS elections are about our two partys. Even discussing the possibility of voting for one of the other partys is voter malpractice.

Do as you please, vote as you please, just never mistake a POTUS vote for a third party as anything other than flushing your vote.

Far from a flushed vote. Voting a smaller party tells the major pariies that a person cares enough to vote, but just not for their crap.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 1:23:22 AM
At 9/29/2016 1:18:26 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Far from a flushed vote. Voting a smaller party tells the major pariies that a person cares enough to vote, but just not for their crap.

Uter nonsense. The best a third party did was Ross Perot with <20% and ZERO electoral votes. Best any third party can hope for is to be a spoiler.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

If you don't like the partys, work to change them. Third partys can work state/local elections, get into congress etc. The POTUS should remain one-on-one.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 1:42:31 AM
The 2 machines are unstoppable as long as the constituents continue to finger point and blame blame the 'other side'. Do either of you, left or right, honestly thing you are going to get better candidates by playing their game?

That is not an endorsement for Johnson or Stein.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 7:47:46 AM
At 9/29/2016 1:23:22 AM, TBR wrote:

Uter nonsense. The best a third party did was Ross Perot with <20% and ZERO electoral votes. Best any third party can hope for is to be a spoiler.

If you don't like the partys, work to change them. Third partys can work state/local elections, get into congress etc. The POTUS should remain one-on-one.

That is what voting third party does, it tells the parties people are not happy with either. Then the major parties will look for ways to get those voters. If people just default to the same team each election, nothing will change.

NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 10:49:53 AM
Taking this quiz (https://www.isidewith.com...) I ended up with 97% Gary Johnson (and 98% Libertarian Party). But I still can't side with him.

The reason for this is that the quiz lacks an "Aleppo factor." Every time Johnson has opened his mouth on foreign policy, he has appeared a bumpkin with little to no experience of the world outside Acapulco. When asked about Russia on C-SPAN a while back, he was completely flustered on issues regarding Ukraine and Crimea or NATO. Johnson also stated that Russia led the struggle that brought down the Soviet Union (!) and spread democracy to post-Soviet states. The only real threat to American interests was the Kim dynasty in North Korea...

With that in mind, I'd prefer to see him as a governor or federal legislator rather than a president, whose workload mainly regards foreign policy (90%) and speeches (5%).
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 3:40:10 PM
At 9/29/2016 7:47:46 AM, Chang29 wrote:

That is what voting third party does, it tells the parties people are not happy with either. Then the major parties will look for ways to get those voters. If people just default to the same team each election, nothing will change.

If you simply don't care who is POTUS, then that is fine. It is lazy to object in this way as far as I am concerned.

The partys are made-up of a bunch of people. Ordinary people. If you really care about the direction of the party, go do some work, get involved - not very hard. But, to show up at the big election and stomp your feet like a child is not going to get you much attention, just make people angry - like Ralph Nader in 2000.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 3:58:08 PM
At 9/29/2016 3:40:10 PM, TBR wrote:

If you simply don't care who is POTUS, then that is fine. It is lazy to object in this way as far as I am concerned.

The partys are made-up of a bunch of people. Ordinary people. If you really care about the direction of the party, go do some work, get involved - not very hard. But, to show up at the big election and stomp your feet like a child is not going to get you much attention, just make people angry - like Ralph Nader in 2000.

The children are voting for the major parties thinking something will change.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 4:06:30 PM
At 9/29/2016 3:58:08 PM, Chang29 wrote:

Change in the republic we have built comes slowly, and that is not a bad thing. Our democracy has been stable for longer than almost any, and I get a little peeved at the "I want my pony NOW" crowd.

We are a country of ~320m. I am very liberal, but know damn well that my leanings are not shared across the board. The POTUS position has to represent more than the fringes of that population, they have to be, by necessity, LESS radical in their desire for change - left or right.

What should be learned by "the kids" is that change DOES happen, even with moderates like Obama in office. The question to them is, what direction do you want to steer the ship. Its not going to make a u-turn just because you want it to.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 10:27:02 PM
At 9/29/2016 4:06:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 9/29/2016 3:58:08 PM, Chang29 wrote:

Change in the republic we have built comes slowly, and that is not a bad thing. Our democracy has been stable for longer than almost any, and I get a little peeved at the "I want my pony NOW" crowd.

We are a country of ~320m. I am very liberal, but know damn well that my leanings are not shared across the board. The POTUS position has to represent more than the fringes of that population, they have to be, by necessity, LESS radical in their desire for change - left or right.

What should be learned by "the kids" is that change DOES happen, even with moderates like Obama in office. The question to them is, what direction do you want to steer the ship. Its not going to make a u-turn just because you want it to.

Moderate? The guy is so liberal that he cannot even say Islam and terrorism in the same sentence. He thinks you can "spend your way out of debt". He wants to open up the country to 25,000 unvettable Islamists. Did you hit the pipe before you posted?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...