Jump to topic:

"That Mexican Thing"

Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 1:32:22 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Media is now making a big deal about how Pence said "You whipped out that Mexican thing again." The statement is funny in an of itself, but people are thinking it is calling Mexicans "things". In context it was in response to a misquote from Kaine who said "When Donald Trump says women should be punished, that Mexicans are rapists and criminals, he is showing you who he is." He was responding to Kaine claiming that Trump said all Mexicans are rapists and criminals. I want to know if anyone who watched this in context, actually thinks he was calling Mexicans "things" and not referring to the quote as a "thing". In my opinion "thing" in that context would be most easily replaced with "quote" or "statement".
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 1:35:46 PM
At 10/5/2016 1:32:22 PM, Fernyx wrote:
Media is now making a big deal about how Pence said "You whipped out that Mexican thing again." The statement is funny in an of itself, but people are thinking it is calling Mexicans "things". In context it was in response to a misquote from Kaine who said "When Donald Trump says women should be punished, that Mexicans are rapists and criminals, he is showing you who he is." He was responding to Kaine claiming that Trump said all Mexicans are rapists and criminals. I want to know if anyone who watched this in context, actually thinks he was calling Mexicans "things" and not referring to the quote as a "thing". In my opinion "thing" in that context would be most easily replaced with "quote" or "statement".

Well I didn't watch it, but I'd assume he wasn't calling them "things", considering he said "Mexican" referring to either something of Mexico descent, or "Mexican" referring to many people from Mexico, and then "thing" in a singular sense.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 1:41:08 PM
At 10/5/2016 1:35:46 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Well I didn't watch it, but I'd assume he wasn't calling them "things", considering he said "Mexican" referring to either something of Mexico descent, or "Mexican" referring to many people from Mexico, and then "thing" in a singular sense.

From what I saw he was referring to the quote, as the quote that is about Mexicans. If he said quote instead of thing, it would make a lot more sense.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 1:49:07 PM
At 10/5/2016 1:41:08 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 10/5/2016 1:35:46 PM, Vaarka wrote:

From what I saw he was referring to the quote, as the quote that is about Mexicans. If he said quote instead of thing, it would make a lot more sense.

yes Mexican thing = the issue, not the people, certainly saying immigration thing or issue would have been better, but those of either side will jump all over the side they are against to make them feel even more self righteous, politics for a long long time has been about making the other party and person look as bad as possible, it's not about look at all the positive things I can do for us, which it should be.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 2:23:10 PM
It's the liberal mantra of demonizing anyone like Nazis if not exactly like them in thought. An then with their other hand they defend blm, black panthers, drug cartels, abd anything "different". Then Trump comes along and is different so they lie lie lie about him, using the "overshout them" approach, while being violent, promoting anarchy, and being well beyond racist towards white people and/or any Conservative. All the while, Trump supporters overall show no violence, loot nothing, make no threats, and take over nothing.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 8:56:04 PM

You can only say "that white thing", "that white privelege", and "the white cops". Everyone else is off limits. Why? Liberal idiocracy.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:57:23 AM
At 10/5/2016 8:56:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

You can only say "that white thing", "that white privelege", and "the white cops". Everyone else is off limits. Why? Liberal idiocracy.

He whipped out a Mexican dong?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:04:07 AM
At 10/5/2016 2:23:10 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's the liberal mantra of demonizing anyone like Nazis if not exactly like them in thought. An then with their other hand they defend blm, black panthers, drug cartels, abd anything "different". Then Trump comes along and is different so they lie lie lie about him, using the "overshout them" approach, while being violent, promoting anarchy, and being well beyond racist towards white people and/or any Conservative. All the while, Trump supporters overall show no violence, loot nothing, make no threats, and take over nothing.

https://www.youtube.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:13:22 AM

This interpretation is just about as charitable as their interpretation of the original comment, so I'm not really surprised. Politics in this country, for the most part, isn't about being intellectually honest anyway.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:50:25 AM

From watching the debate he wasn't calling Mexican things, but he was compartmentalizing what Trump said about Mexicans. The lie I noticed was Pence said Trump said 'most' are good people - when in fact Trump said 'some' are good. In terms of rhetoric most and some are oceans apart in difference.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:23:26 AM
At 10/6/2016 6:50:25 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

From watching the debate he wasn't calling Mexican things, but he was compartmentalizing what Trump said about Mexicans. The lie I noticed was Pence said Trump said 'most' are good people - when in fact Trump said 'some' are good. In terms of rhetoric most and some are oceans apart in difference.

Is "Basket" some or most?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:47:48 AM
At 10/6/2016 7:23:26 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

What I love about the whole 'basket' controversy is that despite all of Trump's varied insults, the term 'basket' is what unites anti-PC Trump-servatives. No need to actually understand that the deplorable people are the racists and misogynists that clearly exist, but how dare crooked Hillary call other people deplorable! She's a liar, bitch and a whore, but how dare she use such a deplorable word as 'deplorable'!
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:48:43 AM

Oh and at least she apologized for the half comment. Trump is incapable of such a thing.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 4:30:49 PM
At 10/6/2016 7:47:48 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

What I love about the whole 'basket' controversy is that despite all of Trump's varied insults, the term 'basket' is what unites anti-PC Trump-servatives. No need to actually understand that the deplorable people are the racists and misogynists that clearly exist, but how dare crooked Hillary call other people deplorable! She's a liar, bitch and a whore, but how dare she use such a deplorable word as 'deplorable'!

Well in all fairness, Basket implies unity.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:00:31 PM
That Mexican thing...

Hmm, sounds like a Syfi spinoff of the swamp thing... just saying.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:14:29 PM
So, are you saying that good people think the opposite of trump, i.e. Most Mexicans are not rapists and thugs and let's just make believe there is no law against non-resident aliens working here.?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:27:40 PM
"people are thinking" No, I really don't think so. If one was thinking one would know that the only thing that will help you is yourself. The only thing govt can do to make helping yourself easier is to do nothing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%