Jump to topic:

Trump's Biggest Flaw

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:40:49 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
What would be the worst part of a Trump Administration?
No, it isn't the wall; he'll probably change to some more sensible plan. It isn't that he's going to deport all or most illegal immigrants; this is a good thing. It isn't that he'd ruin the US's diplomatic relations with the rest of the world; the world can simply wait out Trump and then resume business as normal with his successor. It isn't even that he'd play nice with Russia.

No: the worst part about a Trump presidency would be his cabinet.
People close to the future fuhrer of America have testified that he can be quite nice to his proteges...until they come to overshadow him. After that he casts them out of his inner circle.
If a member of Donald Trump's cabinet proves highly competent, there's a high probability that Trump will get jealous and remove this person from his position of power. In short, Trump's nature is as such that he'll likely select unremarkable, incompetent people to fill his cabinet. If someone is able to do the job well, that person will probably lose his job. This will result in an ineffective government during the Trump Administration, congressional gridlock aside.

I am not trying to bash Trump; I still plan on voting for him. But I feel like discussing this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:44:02 AM
At 10/7/2016 2:40:49 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
No, it isn't the wall; he'll probably change to some more sensible plan. It isn't that he's going to deport all or most illegal immigrants; this is a good thing. It isn't that he'd ruin the US's diplomatic relations with the rest of the world; the world can simply wait out Trump and then resume business as normal with his successor. It isn't even that he'd play nice with Russia.

People close to the future fuhrer of America have testified that he can be quite nice to his proteges...until they come to overshadow him. After that he casts them out of his inner circle.
If a member of Donald Trump's cabinet proves highly competent, there's a high probability that Trump will get jealous and remove this person from his position of power. In short, Trump's nature is as such that he'll likely select unremarkable, incompetent people to fill his cabinet. If someone is able to do the job well, that person will probably lose his job. This will result in an ineffective government during the Trump Administration, congressional gridlock aside.

I am not trying to bash Trump; I still plan on voting for him. But I feel like discussing this.

We should elect THIS instead...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:44:44 AM
We should vote for THIS...

https://www.truthorfiction.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 3:16:21 AM

It will still be better than the status quo...I mean look at the obama appointees.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 3:21:05 AM

Fact is, we can only speculate about how Trump would do in a public office, because he's never held a political office. But speculation is pretty much worthless. His previous experience is in the private sector running his own business, where he is king and can do as he pleases. He can't do that as president, and per his criticisms of Obama, he knows that. I'm sure it will be an adjustment for him, but it's obviously one he's willing to make, might be some trial and error. I'm willing to cut him some slack. But Hillary has held public office, and other government positions. She's used each for personal gain, and as a stepping stone to the next. We already have a decades long demonstration of what Hillary would be as president. I'd much rather have a bit of an unknown who has policies I agree with, than the epitome of corruption Hillary whose pandering policies are anything and everything in whatever direction she smells a potential vote.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 3:38:31 AM
I think it would be diplomatic impotence.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 11:35:08 AM
Cut the crap. This is Trumps 1st job in government he depends upon people who are experts in the their field to tell him what to do
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:03:18 PM
This is Trump's biggest flaw.

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

When you give mixed messages you get in situations where your subordinates contradict you, such as Pence saying we should strike Assad versus Trump saying he has no issue with Assad staying in power.

Over the long run credibility is erroded which makes it very tough to get anything done.

Now add in a mixture of spitefulness, which Trump describes himself as having to hit back when he is hit. Call it what you may, but that strong desire in him is in all of us as a desire for vengeance. Some can control it, others like Trump don't even try to control it and instead try to justify revenge or spite as a good thing.

Your true measure as to whether Trump can make a good leader is how well he can control his desire for vengeance. Just the notion that he was thinking of going after Hillary by bringing up Bill's affairs tells me has has zero grasp on controlling his spitefulness.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:11:20 PM
At 10/7/2016 11:35:08 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
Cut the crap. This is Trumps 1st job in government he depends upon people who are experts in the their field to tell him what to do

Those very same 'experts' that those of us in the private sector often have to correct in the CFR?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 1:21:20 PM

Trump recently went to a college to give a speech and had this for advice.

"Always be around unsuccessful people because everybody will respect you."

Trump absolutely will surround himself with incompetent people. Trump does not care about improving America. He cares about being respected and making himself look good.

I also feel as though successful competent people will not want to work for Trump. Trump is not the kind of person that competent people look up to.

I am actually surprised you are voting for him as I assumed only "losers" were the ones that like him.