Trump still not spending any money.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 5:51:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is nothing but a scam campaign. I have contended that Trump is no where near his over-inflated stated net worth, It is very possible that he is cash poor at any given time.

While small in the overall world of Trump financing, he has sucked somewhere in the 10m mark from his campaign into Trump businesses. By the time of the election, that number could be quite a bit higher. That is not chump change for a guy who very well may cash strapped but wants everyone to think he sits on a pile of gold.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 6:01:37 PM
At 10/7/2016 5:51:01 PM, TBR wrote:

This is nothing but a scam campaign. I have contended that Trump is no where near his over-inflated stated net worth, It is very possible that he is cash poor at any given time.

While small in the overall world of Trump financing, he has sucked somewhere in the 10m mark from his campaign into Trump businesses. By the time of the election, that number could be quite a bit higher. That is not chump change for a guy who very well may cash strapped but wants everyone to think he sits on a pile of gold.

I would buy scam or better sham campaign, the super rich stay that way, maybe not on paper but when you can afford the best lawyers and accountants they never need worry again. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have many millions over seas, don't all the extremely wealthy? If he was trying to gain money it would have been easier and more profitable for him to have supported Hillary wouldn't you think?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 6:15:27 PM

Probably how you get rich. Not wasting money. I know it's hard for liberals to wrap their minds around, but I'll give it a shot. Ya see...You get a paycheck for work. You only spend money on your true needs, not buying cell phones, dish network, going out to eat etc, not spending on things irrelavent to survival. Then? You have this lump of cash that normally would not exist. You put said lump in a savings account. Rinse, wash, repeat. In a year? Wow! You saved some money. It's amazing! Who could believe it? Hillary is spending hundreds of millions on waste. It serves no purpose. So guess what happens when she is elected President...more of the same. That would be how you go $20 trillion in the hole. Spend. Spend. Spend. Save? Nope. Spend. Spend. Spend. Fix social security? Nope. Spend. Spend. Spend. Fix our roads? Nope. Spend spend spend. Fix things in foreign countries hostile to the U.S. ? Yep. Redirect spending to said country. Spend spend spend. Help schools and vets in U.S.? Nope. Spend spend spen. Bomb neutral Libya? Yep. Spend spend spend. Help the poor in the U.S.? Nope. Help build roads, mosques, schools acroos the ocean? Yep. How do you fix the deficate? Spend your way out Biden tells us. Spend your way out....

So back on point. While Trump spends modestly, Hillary? Spends like money grows magically on trees. Of course none of that spending comes from the monstrously corrupt "Clinton Foundation"...no. no. Not at all...

By the way. Your President is getting ready to start WWIII with Russia because they tried to destroy ISIS. I'd vote The liberal puppet in to finish his madness with a bang. She never threatened to nuke Russia or Iran so it's safe. Oh wait...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:07:11 PM
At 10/7/2016 6:15:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Probably how you get rich. Not wasting money. I know it's hard for liberals to wrap their minds around, but I'll give it a shot. Ya see...You get a paycheck for work. You only spend money on your true needs, not buying cell phones, dish network, going out to eat etc, not spending on things irrelavent to survival. Then? You have this lump of cash that normally would not exist. You put said lump in a savings account. Rinse, wash, repeat. In a year? Wow! You saved some money. It's amazing! Who could believe it? Hillary is spending hundreds of millions on waste. It serves no purpose. So guess what happens when she is elected President...more of the same. That would be how you go $20 trillion in the hole. Spend. Spend. Spend. Save? Nope. Spend. Spend. Spend. Fix social security? Nope. Spend. Spend. Spend. Fix our roads? Nope. Spend spend spend. Fix things in foreign countries hostile to the U.S. ? Yep. Redirect spending to said country. Spend spend spend. Help schools and vets in U.S.? Nope. Spend spend spen. Bomb neutral Libya? Yep. Spend spend spend. Help the poor in the U.S.? Nope. Help build roads, mosques, schools acroos the ocean? Yep. How do you fix the deficate? Spend your way out Biden tells us. Spend your way out....

So back on point. While Trump spends modestly, Hillary? Spends like money grows magically on trees. Of course none of that spending comes from the monstrously corrupt "Clinton Foundation"...no. no. Not at all...

By the way. Your President is getting ready to start WWIII with Russia because they tried to destroy ISIS. I'd vote The liberal puppet in to finish his madness with a bang. She never threatened to nuke Russia or Iran so it's safe. Oh wait...

You are missing the point. He is taking your donations, and not doing the job. The job is to get elected - he is clearly sucking at that.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:08:55 PM
At 10/7/2016 6:01:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I would buy scam or better sham campaign, the super rich stay that way, maybe not on paper but when you can afford the best lawyers and accountants they never need worry again. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have many millions over seas, don't all the extremely wealthy? If he was trying to gain money it would have been easier and more profitable for him to have supported Hillary wouldn't you think?

No, I think he is leveraged to the hilt. A little cash never hurts when you have a burn rate like I assume Trump has.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:20:11 PM

While small in the overall world of Trump financing, he has sucked somewhere in the 10m mark from his campaign into Trump businesses.

How is he doing that? Are you saying he's taking donations and putting them into his business somehow? I would have thought that was illegal.

That is not chump change for a guy who very well may cash strapped but wants everyone to think he sits on a pile of gold.

Well, he owns his own 757, lol, that's 100m right there, and costs some $10K/hour just to fly the thing. So running around the country like he does, it ain't cheap, not to mention the opportunity cost of being away from his day job.

So, this meme of Trump being some kind of scam, I think that's tin hat conspiracy stuff at this point. The guy is running for president. And he's probably doing it because he thinks he can help his country.
This space for rent.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:23:48 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:08:55 PM, TBR wrote:

No, I think he is leveraged to the hilt. A little cash never hurts when you have a burn rate like I assume Trump has.

maybe just seems with is influence and connections there would be an easier way, he's spent a lot of time campaigning etc, I would think a "legal scam" would be far more profitable and easier, again with the best accountants and lawyers, there's not much that isn't legally possible. I would think his personal fortune is insulated from the business empire, which is why bankruptcy can be profitable. That's not a new concept and many have and will do it. The apprentice was making him a ton of money and he actually lost out on that when he decided to give it up to run, so I'm not sure what to really make of it all.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:24:00 PM

And btw, the rather obvious possibility is that he's keeping his powder dry until he sees the whites of their eyes. In other words, save the ads for as close to the election as possible. As long as the media continues to give him free exposure, why buy ads?

I do however, agree that he may not be as rich as he'd like us to think. But I also suspect he's going to release his tax returns right before the election. It's a rope-a-dope routine, I think. But I could be wrong.
This space for rent.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:26:19 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:20:11 PM, v3nesl wrote:

While small in the overall world of Trump financing, he has sucked somewhere in the 10m mark from his campaign into Trump businesses.

How is he doing that? Are you saying he's taking donations and putting them into his business somehow? I would have thought that was illegal.
Yea. That is exactly what I am saying. Its not conspiracy, it is reality.

Trump directs nearly one-fifth of his money to his own businesses
http://www.cnn.com...

5 Ways Donald Trump Is Making Money Off His Own Campaign
http://fortune.com...

That is not chump change for a guy who very well may cash strapped but wants everyone to think he sits on a pile of gold.

Well, he owns his own 757, lol, that's 100m right there, and costs some $10K/hour just to fly the thing. So running around the country like he does, it ain't cheap, not to mention the opportunity cost of being away from his day job.
I think his issue is debt. This is a guy who has a history of over leveraging. Yea he has plenty of money, but it costs to keep up a lifestyle, and that needs cash.

So, this meme of Trump being some kind of scam, I think that's tin hat conspiracy stuff at this point. The guy is running for president. And he's probably doing it because he thinks he can help his country.
I am not trying to talk in conspiracy, this is some simple stuff. He is.
1) Not spending on the things that get a person elected.
2) He IS spending on his own businesses.

Make what you will of it, but he is running the worse campaign ever.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:29:06 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:24:00 PM, v3nesl wrote:

And btw, the rather obvious possibility is that he's keeping his powder dry until he sees the whites of their eyes. In other words, save the ads for as close to the election as possible. As long as the media continues to give him free exposure, why buy ads?
Because that is how you win. You spend money because that is what doners want you to do. Win the damn race. They did NOT want him to just fill-up his plane and jet around the country for kicks.

I do however, agree that he may not be as rich as he'd like us to think. But I also suspect he's going to release his tax returns right before the election. It's a rope-a-dope routine, I think. But I could be wrong.
He will not release them. He simply can't. It will show he has no where near what he likes to imagine he has.

His problem is vanity.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:31:52 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:23:48 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

maybe just seems with is influence and connections there would be an easier way, he's spent a lot of time campaigning etc, I would think a "legal scam" would be far more profitable and easier, again with the best accountants and lawyers, there's not much that isn't legally possible. I would think his personal fortune is insulated from the business empire, which is why bankruptcy can be profitable. That's not a new concept and many have and will do it. The apprentice was making him a ton of money and he actually lost out on that when he decided to give it up to run, so I'm not sure what to really make of it all.

He was fired from the damn Apprentice! Aside from real estate everything he touches turns to crap.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:41:09 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:26:19 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/7/2016 7:20:11 PM, v3nesl wrote:

Yea. That is exactly what I am saying. Its not conspiracy, it is reality.

Trump directs nearly one-fifth of his money to his own businesses
http://www.cnn.com...

5 Ways Donald Trump Is Making Money Off His Own Campaign
http://fortune.com...

That's a misleading title, "making money". From the article: But it should be noted that during the primary, Trump spent $50 million of his own money, in the form of a loan that was forgiven, on his campaign. That means at least some of the money that his campaign spent out to Trump businesses, may have mostly been his own. So it"s hard to claim that Trump is actually making money on running for president, at least not yet.

I think his issue is debt. This is a guy who has a history of over leveraging. Yea he has plenty of money, but it costs to keep up a lifestyle, and that needs cash.

I've followed this guy a little, growing up near NYC, he's always been a bit of a local (and controversial) celebrity. I remember Trump saying "People come to me and want to give me money" Why? Because they thought he was a great investor. So yeah, he's spent other people's money, which is a great trick if you can pull it off. And it appears that of late he has been able to cash in.

I am not trying to talk in conspiracy, this is some simple stuff. He is.
1) Not spending on the things that get a person elected.

But he's more or less neck and neck with Hillary.

2) He IS spending on his own businesses.

Well, he's buying his lunch at his own restaurants, to make an analogy. Good for him, I say, and hope he can indeed replicate this idea with our national trade stance.

Make what you will of it, but he is running the worse campaign ever.

Sure, he knocked off some 17 GOP contenders to win the nomination and now he's in a statistical tie with Hillary. Without, as you say, spending much money. You know, one thing Trump has exposed is how small minded the political elite class is these days. It's pretty close to intellectual rigor mortis, which is part of the reason we desperately need some fresh blood in the ruling class.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 7:49:44 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:29:06 PM, TBR wrote:
He will not release them. He simply can't. It will show he has no where near what he likes to imagine he has.

Well, if I lived in luxury apartments all over the world and flew to the Bahamas in my personal 757, I'd feel a little rich.

His problem is vanity.

Nah, I don't think he gives a rat's behind what you think of him. In business he's got a brand which he guards jealously, but if he cared what anybody thought of him he'd be doing things a lot differently. There's a lot of just downright silly analysis of this guy, which reads for all the world like junior high girls describing the prom queen. You're listening to people who are used to power and influence they didn't earn, and they are freaking out at the idea of losing it.
This space for rent.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 8:06:40 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:49:44 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 10/7/2016 7:29:06 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, if I lived in luxury apartments all over the world and flew to the Bahamas in my personal 757, I'd feel a little rich.
Sure. No doubt that he is rich. 900m, possibly 2b, but he insists he is worth 10b. Its a vanity thing. He can't admit that he has sucked as a businessman.

His problem is vanity.

Nah, I don't think he gives a rat's behind what you think of him. In business he's got a brand which he guards jealously, but if he cared what anybody thought of him he'd be doing things a lot differently. There's a lot of just downright silly analysis of this guy, which reads for all the world like junior high girls describing the prom queen. You're listening to people who are used to power and influence they didn't earn, and they are freaking out at the idea of losing it.

I don't get where people think he is so super successful. He inherented, and it would seem, did not produce much actual success. But, as to his concern over image. You must be joking. They guy has a history of going nuts over any personal insult. He cares deeply what people think of him.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 8:09:29 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:31:52 PM, TBR wrote:

He was fired from the damn Apprentice! Aside from real estate everything he touches turns to crap.

they didn't renew his contract or he wasn't going to renew, he wasn't actually working for them so they couldn't actually fire him, if he won the presidency he couldn't do the show for at least 4 years, so not really fired, they parted their ways for whatever reasons they each gave. It was very successful, would you be suprised if a different network with some sort of 'reality" show wouldn't try to pick him up for it? After this whole ordeal he'll probably write another book or something.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 8:46:43 PM
At 10/7/2016 7:07:11 PM, TBR wrote:

You are missing the point. He is taking your donations, and not doing the job. The job is to get elected - he is clearly sucking at that.

He knows the rest of us will have no problem smearing her on debate.org, facebook and twitter. Hillary is using old methods and needs to get caught up with new school. You don't have to spend $150 million to smear someone anymore. Any questions?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 9:25:58 PM
At 10/7/2016 8:46:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

He knows the rest of us will have no problem smearing her on debate.org, facebook and twitter. Hillary is using old methods and needs to get caught up with new school. You don't have to spend $150 million to smear someone anymore. Any questions?

You getting paid Brondo? Think you are flipping any votes?

No. The guy is taking donations, running a sh1t campaign and is losing. I honestly have no idea what and Trump supporter os holding onto at this point.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 9:29:58 PM
At 10/7/2016 8:09:29 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/7/2016 7:31:52 PM, TBR wrote:

they didn't renew his contract or he wasn't going to renew, he wasn't actually working for them so they couldn't actually fire him, if he won the presidency he couldn't do the show for at least 4 years, so not really fired, they parted their ways for whatever reasons they each gave. It was very successful, would you be suprised if a different network with some sort of 'reality" show wouldn't try to pick him up for it? After this whole ordeal he'll probably write another book or something.

I am sure he will publish a book or two. He is not going anywhere. But, yea the apprentice was tanking, and they did not want to renew with Trump.

Regardless, its a TeeVee show. The guy is humiliating. A guy who is worth "10 billion" has no need for this sort of crap. He just loves to play the part of a successful businessmen
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 10:11:56 PM
At 10/7/2016 9:25:58 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/7/2016 8:46:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

You getting paid Brondo? Think you are flipping any votes?

No. The guy is taking donations, running a sh1t campaign and is losing. I honestly have no idea what and Trump supporter os holding onto at this point.

Because we understand:

1)How the liberal media works.

2)Have seen Hillary's empty rallies.

3)Know how "polls" actually work. Notice...the non-anonymous polls show one thing...but the anonymous polls show quite the opposite. Why? You know why. So tell us.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 1:24:53 AM

It's bullsh!t nonsensical attack threads against Trump like these that make me happy brontoraptor is active and posting here.

Seriously, can you f*cking idiots actually attack Trump's policies instead of mentioning all these stupid exaggerated/non-existent scandals.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 1:43:18 AM
At 10/8/2016 1:24:53 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

It's bullsh!t nonsensical attack threads against Trump like these that make me happy brontoraptor is active and posting here.

Seriously, can you f*cking idiots actually attack Trump's policies instead of mentioning all these stupid exaggerated/non-existent scandals.

This is part of the job. If you were unaware that it was part of the interview process, well tough. You picked this train wreck of a candidate.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 1:45:25 AM
At 10/8/2016 1:43:18 AM, TBR wrote:

This is part of the job. If you were unaware that it was part of the interview process, well tough. You picked this train wreck of a candidate.

No, you picked some random exaggerated/never-happened scandals to pot in the spotlight.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:27:40 AM
At 10/8/2016 1:45:25 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

No, you picked some random exaggerated/never-happened scandals to pot in the spotlight.

Trump is a non<x>stop scandal. The position is more than a list of policy position's, but on that score Trump can't even stay consistent through a damn campaign.

POTUS is a tough job to get. We told you guys all along that Trump was a disaster, but you guys just loved the hats. It's over, it was over the second he took stage at the convention.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:48:40 AM
At 10/8/2016 2:27:40 AM, TBR wrote:

Trump is a non<x>stop scandal. The position is more than a list of policy position's, but on that score Trump can't even stay consistent through a damn campaign.

POTUS is a tough job to get. We told you guys all along that Trump was a disaster, but you guys just loved the hats. It's over, it was over the second he took stage at the convention.

Maybe he could attend an empty Hillary rally and get some pointers.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:55:51 AM
At 10/8/2016 2:27:40 AM, TBR wrote:

c
u
c
k
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:03:30 AM

He spent only his money and asked for no contributions during the Republican debates. Yeah he looks money scrapped...all he'd have to do is sell his houses and boats and he'd be rich beyond all means simply by using only that money on its own.

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:52:54 AM
He will probably do what he did to win the primaries, hire born losers to bet that he will lose . With their luck they can't win the bet, therefore what must happen is Trump wins.
Do you have a better explanation for what has happened?
n.b. Men who run for president usually have already won a state wide election for governor or senator, or they were vice-president. This acts as evidence to their party that they can win an election. As far as I remember something like this has not happened since General Eisenhower.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:28:53 PM

Yup! Like those evangelical preachers, Trump is scamming his donors for money. He even bragged before that he could make money while running for President. The kind of people that vote Trump and donate to him are the same "losers" that sign up for Trump University.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:49:54 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:03:30 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

He spent only his money and asked for no contributions during the Republican debates. Yeah he looks money scrapped...all he'd have to do is sell his houses and boats and he'd be rich beyond all means simply by using only that money on its own.

Does he own "his" boats and houses. Or do banks and other lenders own them?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:29:38 PM
At 10/8/2016 2:49:54 PM, desmac wrote:
At 10/8/2016 4:03:30 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Does he own "his" boats and houses. Or do banks and other lenders own them?

We might have some idea if he would release his tax returns, but it is a good bet that the banks own most of his plane(s) etc.