Jump to topic:

Why the timing of Clinton leaks matters

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:29:53 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
WikiLeaks just released Hillary Clinton's Wall Street speeches and some internal emails - where she shows hostility to opposition and called Bernie supporters a "bucket of losers". These leaks were on October 7th - later than the leaks were originally supposedly going to come out.

Why wait?

10/7 was the last day the Clinton could drop out while allowing a replacement candidate. Damaging leaks like this coming now is...well, no turning back now. There's no fixing things with these leaks. Everything is set in stone, but now because of the timing of them - Clinton's chances to win are diminished with now the bucket of losers and basket of deplorables comments.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:35:27 AM
These will get no air time compared to the latest Trump leak. Believe me, Trump talking about sexually assaulting married women is MUCH more salacious and damaging than anything you mentioned above. Hillary, at this point, will win; it is quite literally beyond the realm of the reasonable to believe otherwise at this point...With 32 days to go, those 2005 comments have virtually killed his campaign.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:38:11 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:29:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
WikiLeaks just released Hillary Clinton's Wall Street speeches and some internal emails - where she shows hostility to opposition and called Bernie supporters a "bucket of losers". These leaks were on October 7th - later than the leaks were originally supposedly going to come out.

Why wait?

10/7 was the last day the Clinton could drop out while allowing a replacement candidate. Damaging leaks like this coming now is...well, no turning back now. There's no fixing things with these leaks. Everything is set in stone, but now because of the timing of them - Clinton's chances to win are diminished with now the bucket of losers and basket of deplorables comments.

If the race came down to who goes on record saying the worst things, than Clinton would be up by 50 points right now. A tape of Trump on record saying demeaning things about women already caused Paul Ryan and Reince Priebus to distance themselves from Trump, with Ryan even canceling a planned appearance with trump at a rally. Hillary meanwhile isnt losing support from key surrogates over whatever she said in an email, and you can bet the media will care way more about trumps latest gaffe than hillary's since Trump has literally been a human scandal-creator this entire time which media loves to feed off of
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:39:04 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:35:27 AM, bsh1 wrote:
These will get no air time compared to the latest Trump leak. Believe me, Trump talking about sexually assaulting married women is MUCH more salacious and damaging than anything you mentioned above. Hillary, at this point, will win; it is quite literally beyond the realm of the reasonable to believe otherwise at this point...With 32 days to go, those 2005 comments have virtually killed his campaign.

Probably - but who knows what else will be leaked about Clinton - maybe just even days before the election? Neither are gaining any favors at this point.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:40:21 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:38:11 AM, imabench wrote:

Why wait?

If the race came down to who goes on record saying the worst things, than Clinton would be up by 50 points right now. A tape of Trump on record saying demeaning things about women already caused Paul Ryan and Reince Priebus to distance themselves from Trump, with Ryan even canceling a planned appearance with trump at a rally. Hillary meanwhile isnt losing support from key surrogates over whatever she said in an email, and you can bet the media will care way more about trumps latest gaffe than hillary's since Trump has literally been a human scandal-creator this entire time which media loves to feed off of

I agree with all of that, but the timing of the leaks still matter. The more shitty Clinton looks in each leak creates a pattern that I'm not a fan of if it continues up until Election Day.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:41:24 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:39:04 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Probably - but who knows what else will be leaked about Clinton - maybe just even days before the election? Neither are gaining any favors at this point.

Hillary's lead in the polls is already significantly higher than Trump's. I predict that this latest video will only cause Trump to loose support. Because Trump's gaffe will suck up all the media oxygen, the release you refer to probably won't damage her at all...and if it does, it'll probably be 1-2 points or less. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see her up 10 points after the debate, though 7-9 is more realistic.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:43:31 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:41:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Hillary's lead in the polls is already significantly higher than Trump's. I predict that this latest video will only cause Trump to loose support. Because Trump's gaffe will suck up all the media oxygen, the release you refer to probably won't damage her at all...and if it does, it'll probably be 1-2 points or less. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see her up 10 points after the debate, though 7-9 is more realistic.

Trump lost a lot of voters from this, but even if the media won't cover Clinton, social media is certainly getting that information around.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:46:30 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:40:21 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Why wait?

I agree with all of that, but the timing of the leaks still matter. The more shitty Clinton looks in each leak creates a pattern that I'm not a fan of if it continues up until Election Day.

Unless Trump continues to out-shitty Clinton with his own leaks and revelations, which he has done so far and by all measurable accounts will continue to do until election day and after it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:48:54 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:46:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/8/2016 4:40:21 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Why wait?

Unless Trump continues to out-shitty Clinton with his own leaks and revelations, which he has done so far and by all measurable accounts will continue to do until election day and after it

That's a tough game to play. Clinton could easily have leaks showing things as far as outright criminal behavior, and the same goes for Trump.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:52:09 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:43:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Trump lost a lot of voters from this, but even if the media won't cover Clinton, social media is certainly getting that information around.

And that impacts millennials who, I bet, either never were going to vote Clinton, or who are more disgusted by Trumps racist and sexist comments than Hillary's speeches. Of all the people I know at college, they are voting Johnson or Hillary. Not a single Trump supporter.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:54:08 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:52:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 4:43:31 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

And that impacts millennials who, I bet, either never were going to vote Clinton, or who are more disgusted by Trumps racist and sexist comments than Hillary's speeches. Of all the people I know at college, they are voting Johnson or Hillary. Not a single Trump supporter.

People switching to Johnson helps Trump. I guarantee you she lost plenty of voters, too, today.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:56:00 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:48:54 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

That's a tough game to play.

No its not. Any person on DDO could look like a reasonable pick for president compared to Trump. He pisses off black people, hispanics, poor people, asians, women, those with any kind of higher education, veterans, and women a second time...... Hillary has only ever pissed off trump supporters or bernie bots, who were buckets of losers to begin with.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:58:55 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:56:00 AM, imabench wrote:

No its not. Any person on DDO could look like a reasonable pick for president compared to Trump. He pisses off black people, hispanics, poor people, asians, women, those with any kind of higher education, veterans, and women a second time...... Hillary has only ever pissed off trump supporters or bernie bots, who were buckets of losers to begin with.

You're an idiot. You're telling me that if she had proof of criminal behavior leaked - she wouldn't piss off enough people to lose? Get real.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:59:19 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:54:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
People switching to Johnson helps Trump. I guarantee you she lost plenty of voters, too, today.

Not nearly a fraction of what Trump has lost.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:02:32 AM
Compared to Trump, I would rather Hillary win. But I'm not such a damn fool to think nothing can get in the way of her winning despite Trumps almost absurdly sh!tty leak today.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:02:57 AM
At 10/8/2016 4:58:55 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You're an idiot. You're telling me that if she had proof of criminal behavior leaked - she wouldn't piss off enough people to lose? Get real.

Look at the person she is running against, idiot..... The GOP nominated the most scandal-prone idiot in the entire country, who happens to be the preferred target of the media the second he says ANYTHING unconventional. You seem to be thinking that scandals only apply to Hillary and harm her chances of winning but not Trumps.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:04:54 AM
At 10/8/2016 5:02:57 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/8/2016 4:58:55 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Look at the person she is running against, idiot..... The GOP nominated the most scandal-prone idiot in the entire country, who happens to be the preferred target of the media the second he says ANYTHING unconventional. You seem to be thinking that scandals only apply to Hillary and harm her chances of winning but not Trumps.

I think scandals hurt Trump, but I also think somewhere between 37 and 42 percent of the country will vote for him regardless of any leak. That 40% is more intellectually dishonest about the flaws about their candidate than the 40 or so percent base for Clinton.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:05:39 AM
Hillary has said things far worse than Trump, and what you will really be voting for is a 3rd term for Bill Clinton. The news media is controlled by liberals so you haven't heard anything about this yet.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:07:06 AM
At 10/8/2016 5:02:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Compared to Trump, I would rather Hillary win. But I'm not such a damn fool to think nothing can get in the way of her winning despite Trumps almost absurdly sh!tty leak today.

A tremendous screw up could hurt her sure, but calling a bucket of losers a bucket of losers doesnt measure up to what would qualify as a tremendous screw up.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:08:20 AM
At 10/8/2016 5:07:06 AM, imabench wrote:

A tremendous screw up could hurt her sure, but calling a bucket of losers a bucket of losers doesnt measure up to what would qualify as a tremendous screw up.

It is a tremendous screw up. https://www.youtube.com...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:15:28 AM
At 10/8/2016 5:08:20 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Lol, youre really comparing the 'bucket of losers' remark to Romney's 47% gaffe?..... There's a difference between claiming that a basically irrelevant primary candidate's supporters are sore losers, and claiming that half of the entire country is incapable of voting soundly because they mooch off the government...... Keep in mind that the OTHER candidate you seem to be dismissing routinely goes on record saying far worse things time and time again. A candidate who literally just had a '47%' remark of his own come out today, since women quite literally do make up over 47% of voters in this cycle.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:40:14 AM
Lets compare the problems Trump faces over his leak and the ones Hillary faces voer her leak, starting with Trump:

1 - Paul Ryan doesnt want Trump in his own state: https://www.washingtonpost.com...

2 - The chairman of the GOP basically denounced Trump: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

3 - The GOP Senate Leader and Chairman of the Tortoise committee Mitch McConnell called out Trump for his comments http://www.politico.com...

4 - Jeb Bush, Jon Kasich, and Mitt Romney, people who moderate Republicans held in high regard, took shots at Trump over it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

5 - GOP Governors have withdrawn their endorsement of Trump, some asking trump to drop out http://www.sltrib.com...

6 - Rob Portman, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Kelly Ayotte, Mark Kirk, John McCain, Jeff Flake and just about every GOP Senator on the ballot this year immediately spoke out against Trump http://www.cnbc.com...

The sh*t has quite literally hit the fan with Trump, with his latest gaffe somehow managing to outdo his clash with the gold-star muslim family, his complaints against the Mexican judge looking over the Trump U case, or his 3am twitter rants about a sex video that doesnt even exist.......

Meanwhile: Not even Bernie Sanders himself hasnt even commented or said anything about Hillary's email reveal, he's still campaigning for Hillary in the Northeast https://www.google.com...

If the very candidate who Clinton took a shot at doesnt even care about what she said, yet the entire world is collapsing around Trumps campaign for gaffe number 600 or something which is bigger than anything else he has pulled so far, then the Hillary leak doesnt matter and isnt going to change anything.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 11:21:13 AM

That's what they said during the Republican process. He only got stronger. No one cares what he says. People want Hillary in prison where she belongs.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:19:35 PM
At 10/8/2016 11:21:13 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's what they said during the Republican process. He only got stronger. No one cares what he says. People want Hillary in prison where she belongs.

Could you kindly go be a retard somewhere else? You spam the politics forum more than anyone else yet you have still failed to make an actual good post

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:17:51 PM
At 10/8/2016 3:19:35 PM, imabench wrote:

Could you kindly go be a retard somewhere else? You spam the politics forum more than anyone else yet you have still failed to make an actual good post

Wow. You've read all my posts. I'm flattered.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:48:16 PM
At 10/8/2016 5:15:28 AM, imabench wrote:

Lol, youre really comparing the 'bucket of losers' remark to Romney's 47% gaffe?..... There's a difference between claiming that a basically irrelevant primary candidate's supporters are sore losers, and claiming that half of the entire country is incapable of voting soundly because they mooch off the government...... Keep in mind that the OTHER candidate you seem to be dismissing routinely goes on record saying far worse things time and time again. A candidate who literally just had a '47%' remark of his own come out today, since women quite literally do make up over 47% of voters in this cycle.

Yeah. Calling 13 million people that you want to vote for you "losers" is pretty fvcking dumb.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:49:59 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:17:51 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:19:35 PM, imabench wrote:

Wow. You've read all my posts. I'm flattered.

I dont read them, your name just keeps unwantedly popping up over and over again. Youre the herpes of the politics forum

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:50:45 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:48:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Yeah. Calling 13 million people that you want to vote for you "losers" is pretty fvcking dumb.

Things just go right over your little head dont they?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:51:55 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:50:45 PM, imabench wrote:

She also called half the country "functional illeraterates".

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:58:11 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:51:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/8/2016 4:50:45 PM, imabench wrote:

She also called half the country "functional illeraterates".

It was one of her operatives that said that, not Hillary herself.

Attributing false quotes to Hillary Clinton just to undermine her sounds exactly like something that buckets of losers would do though.