10/8/2016 4:51:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Clinton, according to these emails and speeches:

Wants open borders
Wants a laissez-faire market
Wants to cut Social Security
Wants to build the Keystone Pipeline
Thinks it's okay to lie about positions to the public
Says that her success has made it hard for her to care about the working and middle classes
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:32:14 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:51:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Wants open borders
Says that her success has made it hard for her to care about the working and middle classes

I think we should vote for whichever candidate is worse so America will be ripe for revolution.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:34:51 PM

Wants open borders

Yup. She's a heartless cyborg puppet. That's all that is left and they are using high powered drugs just to keep her physical body in some resemblance of a human being. According to herself she no longer has a soul.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:43:23 PM

Wants open borders

We have all, always known that in reality Hillary Clinton is a center-right Republican wearing a Democratic label. She has consistently been a centrist, wherever the pendulum of being "centrist" was.

Here, because of how outrageously far to the right the Republican party has swung, she can basically herald the policies of, for example, George H. W. Bush, while still being considerably more liberal than the alternatives (e.g. Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Mike Pence, and all the other right wing idiots).

There is no doubt that to any left-minded person concerned about economic issues, Hillary leaves much to be desired. She is, in the same instance, overwhelmingly less worse than any other candidate in the race. Jill Stein is delusional, Gary Johnson is an idiot, Donald Trump is an unbalanced pig, and no one else even merits my attention.
Tsar of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:56:29 PM
At 10/8/2016 5:43:23 PM, YYW wrote:

Wants open borders

We have all, always known that in reality Hillary Clinton is a center-right Republican wearing a Democratic label. She has consistently been a centrist, wherever the pendulum of being "centrist" was.

Hey now that's offensive...

Here, because of how outrageously far to the right the Republican party has swung, she can basically herald the policies of, for example, George H. W. Bush, while still being considerably more liberal than the alternatives (e.g. Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Mike Pence, and all the other right wing idiots).

There is no doubt that to any left-minded person concerned about economic issues, Hillary leaves much to be desired. She is, in the same instance, overwhelmingly less worse than any other candidate in the race. Jill Stein is delusional, Gary Johnson is an idiot, Donald Trump is an unbalanced pig, and no one else even merits my attention.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 6:01:49 PM

Wants open borders

Why does Jill Stein deserve your attention
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 6:04:43 PM
At 10/8/2016 5:56:29 PM, Contra wrote:

Wants open borders

It is also a fact

Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 6:05:10 PM
At 10/8/2016 6:01:49 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Wants open borders

Why does Jill Stein deserve your attention

She has received some media coverage, however marginal that coverage has been.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 6:24:01 PM

Wants open borders

I'm not even calling her center-right at this point. Her trade policies make her solidly right.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 6:37:40 PM

Wants open borders

The general public is so retarded that candidates are forced to fudge their positions on issues or be labeled a demon, look at Rand Paul. He is honest about his stances and idiots think he wants to ban blacks from eating in the same restaurants as whites.

The last sentence is actually good because it shows self awareness.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 8:23:41 PM

Wants open borders
Which borders does she want open?

I find this very hard to believe when her voting record disproves this sentiment. What proof do have that she is anti regulation?

What is voting record on this topic? It would not surprise me that she would cut benefits or raise age when benefits begin. Also, is this in conjunction with eliminateing the payroll cap on social security taxes? I think most people understand that SS benefits will have to change. The question is how much and whether a person is willing to eliminate the payroll cap.

It is not OK to lie, however the standards of lying must be applied equaly accross candidates.

What does this mean exactly and what context? Is saying that when once becomes privilaged there is a human tendancy to not care and that tendancy needs to be faught or is she saying she outright does not care about working class or she saying she cares more for underprivelaged ????
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 8:30:07 PM
Slo, you're a fvcking idiot.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 10:12:23 PM

Wants open borders

She wants an interconnected economy, not laissez faire. If she did, I would've voted for her and she wouldn't be running on the Democrat ticket.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 10:13:06 PM
At 10/8/2016 8:30:07 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Agreed.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 11:17:41 PM

Wants open borders
lol

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 12:11:52 AM
At 10/8/2016 10:12:23 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Wants open borders

She wants an interconnected economy, not laissez faire. If she did, I would've voted for her and she wouldn't be running on the Democrat ticket.

The only reason she's in the Democratic Party is Bill. He ruined her chances of thriving in that party.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 12:14:25 AM
At 10/9/2016 12:11:52 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Wants open borders

The only reason she's in the Democratic Party is Bill. He ruined her chances of thriving in that party.

Her policies are more along the lines of Democrat policies.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 12:23:31 AM
At 10/9/2016 12:14:25 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 12:11:52 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Wants open borders

Her policies are more along the lines of Democrat policies.

Well, by her words: she has a public position, and a real one.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 1:24:03 AM
At 10/8/2016 6:04:43 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/8/2016 5:56:29 PM, Contra wrote:

It is also a fact

Idk I think I'm "center-right" but maybe I just feel that way because the Republican Party has shifted so much to the right. She hasn't proposed to simplify the tax code, to repeal and replace Obamacare, to pass substantive regulatory reform, to cut spending, or to pass an immigration policy (with no pathway to citizenship)... that's why I think she isn't center-right.

But hey I'm just judging her position in comparison to my own. IMO I think Hillary is a left-leaning centrist... but it is hard to tell. I agree that some of the leaks go against this view.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:37:58 PM
Personally, she is right-wing. To that extent, she is dishonest.

But, outside of trade, she will likely not try to achieve any of those right-wing policies, unless there is too much pressure on her from a GOP-dominated Congress.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 2:54:35 AM

I haven't read the "emails" that I suppose imply Clinton's *true* stances on various issues, if you could link me to them that would be cool. But as far as quality of a candidate or desirability to be elected, what policies they will actually implement are the only relevent parts. Their personal opinions don't have any affect on anyone, but the things that they will do as president will. And the things that Hillary has planned to do as president (as far as specific legislation and policy and whatnot) I go over below.

Speeches tend to go over soundbites or very broad concepts that don't actually detail what will be done. The most accurate stance, and thus most true to the concept outlined above, is done through their platform, rather than speeches.

Wants open borders

Clinton wants to do these things regarding immigration (and thus borders.)

Pass legislation regarding "a path to citizenship." This basically means supporting and expanding on Obama's execute actions. These were to block the deportation of 5 million undocumented immigrations if the immigrant met the requirements of living in the US continually since the beginning of 2010, has a child who is a US citizen, and have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors; do not otherwise pose a threat to national security; and are not an enforcement priority for removal. Clinton would try to get this passed as well as removing application fees and repeal the 3 and 10 year bars that an immigrant applicant has to go back to their native country and wait until returning to the US legally. This is because it creates a dillemma and hardship for families. Overall, it opens up a path for immigrants living in the US who already crossed the border illegally to become US citizens instead of deportation; given they meet requirements. The rest of immigration she supports, as far as Mexico related is pretty common sense. Just shutting down private detention facilities and increasing English proficiency.

She also advocates for admitting more Syrian refugees, which is perfectly fine given the already stringent (and successful) screening measures given to syrian refugees. Given how much immigrants help our economy, doesn't do much harm.

She actually doesn't. She wants more regulation in the financial sector, and on buisnesses in general. Its the same policies as the Obama administration mostly, its definately not laissez - faire.

wtf
https://www.hillaryclinton.com...

wtf
http://www.cnn.com...

This is silly. She's a politician, Trump's a politician, they are all politicians. Politicians are bad, they lie in order to get votes. This is such a superficial reason. This doesn't factor into how the candidate would affect the public, which is the only value you can draw from.

Again, this is superficial. Its just cherrypicking quotes that every person who has ever run for anything has done in the past. Doesn't have any impact on anything
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 2:57:34 AM
At 10/9/2016 3:37:58 PM, tejretics wrote:
Personally, she is right-wing. To that extent, she is dishonest.

How is she personally right-wing? Are you saying that she actually believes in right wing policies but publicly and politically supports left wing policies to get elected? Is this some kind of conspiracy theory based on some like hidden cameras or is it just because she's centrist. If its the latter, this is unfounded. And regardless, still superficial since it wouldn't have an impact on anyone unless she suddenly became right wing after she gets elected and just lied about her stances to get elected.

But, outside of trade, she will likely not try to achieve any of those right-wing policies, unless there is too much pressure on her from a GOP-dominated Congress.

yeah
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:04:29 AM
At 10/8/2016 10:13:06 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 8:30:07 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Agreed.

lol