Jump to topic:

What I hope happens to both candidates

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 4:58:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I hope both of them have such insane sh!t leaked about them that they both are forced to drop out before Election Day. That's probably the ideal at this point, because they both disgust me more than just about anyone on the planet.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:01:27 PM
At 10/8/2016 4:58:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I hope both of them have such insane sh!t leaked about them that they both are forced to drop out before Election Day. That's probably the ideal at this point, because they both disgust me more than just about anyone on the planet.

Amen
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:02:26 PM
I doubt that will happen, but what will likely happen is that no matter who gets elected, theyll end up being a 1 term president since A) Weve never had 4 consecutive presidents win re-election, B) Both candidates have higher unfavorability ratings than any nominee ever before, and C) Just about any half-competent person from a major party could beat either of the two top candidates we are facing now.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:10:41 PM
At 10/8/2016 5:02:26 PM, imabench wrote:
I doubt that will happen, but what will likely happen is that no matter who gets elected, theyll end up being a 1 term president since A) Weve never had 4 consecutive presidents win re-election, B) Both candidates have higher unfavorability ratings than any nominee ever before, and C) Just about any half-competent person from a major party could beat either of the two top candidates we are facing now.

Therein lies an issue with C: there aren't any even halfway competent person in either party
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:22:51 PM
Presidents who win an election in a year ending in zero die before their term of office is over. They both plan to retire after 2020. Who ever wins in 2016 is gonna pull crazy stunts, because they will never need to get another job.
This is DEBATE.org. If you don't believe in the zero year effect , bring it on.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:22:59 PM
At 10/8/2016 5:02:26 PM, imabench wrote:

Pretty much.

Unless the GOP does something like nominate Jeb! or Cruz, who are too incompetent and too corrupted, respectively, to look good against Clinton.

In all likelihood if Trump somehow wins, either Elizabeth Warren or Cory Booker would go for it. And I'm not putting any beta on them doing it but I wouldn't put it past Biden and Bernie to run in 2020 even if they're in wheelchairs.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 5:44:54 PM
I doubt Trump would drop out no matter what was leaked.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid