Jump to topic:

Changed Man

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 2:52:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Is it just me, but are there many who are defending Tump on the below points. Which are valid argument?

1. Locker room talk. Boys will be boys.

2. He is a changed man. His travels and campaigning has shown him a nation in need and he no longer looks at women in the same way, such as groping or trying to nail married women when he is married.

3. He is inexperienced with debate and should be forgiven to not be able to effectively defend himself.

4. Tump is just saying bad things but has not done bad things.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:02:06 PM
At 10/9/2016 2:52:00 PM, slo1 wrote:
Is it just me, but are there many who are defending Tump on the below points. Which are valid argument?

2. He is a changed man. His travels and campaigning has shown him a nation in need and he no longer looks at women in the same way, such as groping or trying to nail married women when he is married.

3. He is inexperienced with debate and should be forgiven to not be able to effectively defend himself.

It is a logical question that unfortunately will be met with partisan bickering.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:04:39 PM

Yeah its bad. I think its over for Trump, Hillary has done worst including laughing about defending a rapist but shes a woman so they cut her slack

Its really unfortunate because while trumps economic policies were kinda weird and liberal I really liked his social policies
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:11:00 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:04:39 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Yeah its bad. I think its over for Trump, Hillary has done worst including laughing about defending a rapist but shes a woman so they cut her slack

You can continue to push that false narrative, but people who take the time to study the context know you are intentionally pushing propoganda. Of all the things one can condem Hillary for and you pick one that is false.

Its really unfortunate because while trumps economic policies were kinda weird and liberal I really liked his social policies
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:12:15 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:11:00 PM, slo1 wrote:

You can continue to push that false narrative, but people who take the time to study the context know you are intentionally pushing propoganda. Of all the things one can condem Hillary for and you pick one that is false.

http://www.factcheck.org...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:20:47 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:12:15 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

You can continue to push that false narrative, but people who take the time to study the context know you are intentionally pushing propaganda. Of all the things one can condemn Hillary for and you pick one that is false.

Inappropriate laughter while explaining certain aspects of a rape case that she inquired to be taken off of smells largely of the Political Correctness police.

Every day public defenders represent some of the worst people on this earth. They do it because we have this notion that everyone deserves representation. It is not an easy thing to do.

But if you want to say that her laughter at the accuracy of polygraphs when interviewed on the case indicates she is evil and incompetent, it simply is too far a leap of logic.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:25:49 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:20:47 PM, slo1 wrote:

You can continue to push that false narrative, but people who take the time to study the context know you are intentionally pushing propaganda. Of all the things one can condemn Hillary for and you pick one that is false.

Inappropriate laughter while explaining certain aspects of a rape case that she inquired to be taken off of smells largely of the Political Correctness police.

Every day public defenders represent some of the worst people on this earth. They do it because we have this notion that everyone deserves representation. It is not an easy thing to do.

But if you want to say that her laughter at the accuracy of polygraphs when interviewed on the case indicates she is evil and incompetent, it simply is too far a leap of logic.

Laughing about any part of a case where your defending a rapist, which you know is guilty, is severely inappropriate, more inappropriate then talking lewdly about women
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:26:51 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:25:49 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Laughing about any part of a case where your defending a rapist, which you know is guilty, is severely inappropriate, more inappropriate then talking lewdly about women

In a overly Political Correct society, yes.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:32:52 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:26:51 PM, slo1 wrote:

I'm not really against Political Correctness. Being Political Incorrect is talking about how the reason people are poor isn't because of the wealthy but because of liberal policies and talking about how the problem with the black community is black culture.

Unfortunately Trump is saying that Political incorrectness is just shouting cuck at people. I'm against that and Trump honestly needs to shut his mouth sometimes
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:39:08 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:32:52 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

I'm not really against Political Correctness. Being Political Incorrect is talking about how the reason people are poor isn't because of the wealthy but because of liberal policies and talking about how the problem with the black community is black culture.

Unfortunately Trump is saying that Political incorrectness is just shouting cuck at people. I'm against that and Trump honestly needs to shut his mouth sometimes

http://www.bbc.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:51:27 PM

No its not. I am a man, I don't talk like this. I know no other man I call a friend who would talk like this.

Load of sh1t. He is STILL talking like this.

Then he is not ready to be president.

Don't care.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 4:00:52 PM

The video has some pretty damning evidence and none of the arguments are really good.

I feel like this trivializes what he said. What he said goes beyond just talking about how hot the girl is.

This is the worst argument in my opinion. Trump continues to insult and demean others time and time again. He was 59 in the video, if he was in his 20s than maybe there would be some kind of point to that.

Trump has already gotten away with more than any other candidate could ever dream of. Trump clearly can "spin" stories to defend himself. The problem is that this time there is no excuse.

4. Trump is just saying bad things but has not done bad things.

He clearly has cheated on his wife with married women. I guess there is no evidence of hi groping women, but he admitted to doing it. Trump admitted to doing bad things.
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 4:48:11 PM

I'll answer that question with another question:

Should Trump be held to a lower standard than other Presidential Candidates?
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 4:51:58 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:39:08 PM, slo1 wrote:

How does this have anything to do with what I just said
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:28:26 PM
At 10/9/2016 4:48:11 PM, U.n wrote:

I'll answer that question with another question:

Should Trump be held to a lower standard than other Presidential Candidates?

No. Anybody running for President should be capable with communicatuon and conveying a message regardless of the situation. It is a critical skill as a President
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:29:37 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:51:27 PM, TBR wrote:

No its not. I am a man, I don't talk like this. I know no other man I call a friend who would talk like this.

Load of sh1t. He is STILL talking like this.

Then he is not ready to be president.

Don't care.

Unfortunately, I heard everyone of these justifications in the morning talk shows.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:37:24 PM
At 10/9/2016 4:00:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

The video has some pretty damning evidence and none of the arguments are really good.

I feel like this trivializes what he said. What he said goes beyond just talking about how hot the girl is.

This is the worst argument in my opinion. Trump continues to insult and demean others time and time again. He was 59 in the video, if he was in his 20s than maybe there would be some kind of point to that.

Trump has already gotten away with more than any other candidate could ever dream of. Trump clearly can "spin" stories to defend himself. The problem is that this time there is no excuse.

He clearly has cheated on his wife with married women. I guess there is no evidence of hi groping women, but he admitted to doing it. Trump admitted to doing bad things.

Agree with everything you said. I asked a friend of friend on Facebook if he really believed Trump was a changed man when he posted that argument. Crickets since.

I have heard other arguments such that I don't care because there are bigger issues at stake. I can see that arguement although I think those people place way too much faith in Trump as an ends justifies the means argument.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:43:55 PM
At 10/9/2016 4:51:58 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/9/2016 3:39:08 PM, slo1 wrote:

How does this have anything to do with what I just said

It has to deal with a normal human experience of laughing or chuckling at what some might consider inappropriate times. It is not an unusual trait. If Hillary laughed at getting a rapist off or reduced sentence I would be worried. A laugh at the point explaining she never took lie detectors serious after her client passed is not anything that has any meaning to judge her against.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:57:19 PM
At 10/9/2016 5:37:24 PM, slo1 wrote:

Agree with everything you said. I asked a friend of friend on Facebook if he really believed Trump was a changed man when he posted that argument. Crickets since.

I have heard other arguments such that I don't care because there are bigger issues at stake. I can see that arguement although I think those people place way too much faith in Trump as an ends justifies the means argument.

To the people that say there are bigger issues at stake...A lot of candidates have difference opinions on policy, but the conduct of the President reflects the whole nation, and Trump as President would reflect poorly on all of us Dems and Republicans. Contrary to what Republicans think, Hillary is a moderate not some radical that needs to be stopped. In fact the biggest arguments against Hillary are not about her policy, but about her character, and it should be cleat now that her character is better than Trump (even if it is not that good).

I am surprised the argument that Trump is "standing up to PC" did not come up. I can see a Trump supporter saying that he supports what Trump said in the video because it is not PC, and PC has gone too far, and they would rather have a President that goes around grabbing pusseee than a President that does PC things lol.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:52:04 PM

Strongly considering not voting at all
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:57:39 PM

Looks like you summed it up for me.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
JessicaRabbit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 10:24:41 PM
At 10/9/2016 5:57:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:37:24 PM, slo1 wrote:

To the people that say there are bigger issues at stake...A lot of candidates have difference opinions on policy, but the conduct of the President reflects the whole nation, and Trump as President would reflect poorly on all of us Dems and Republicans. Contrary to what Republicans think, Hillary is a moderate not some radical that needs to be stopped. In fact the biggest arguments against Hillary are not about her policy, but about her character, and it should be cleat now that her character is better than Trump (even if it is not that good).

I am surprised the argument that Trump is "standing up to PC" did not come up. I can see a Trump supporter saying that he supports what Trump said in the video because it is not PC, and PC has gone too far, and they would rather have a President that goes around grabbing pusseee than a President that does PC things lol.

Mrs. Clinton wants to attack the Iranians. And seeing she has moments where she isn't even mentally present, I think she is dangerous with the nuke codes. How do you feel about that cupcakes?
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 10:52:29 PM

As other people have said, this is maybe the most insulting response. Guys may sometimes use inappropriate language when it comes to women, but no person that I know condones or provides a how-to guide for committing sexual assault.

And this is just one particularly graphic misogynistic comment in a whole tapestry of degrading and insulting things Trump has said about women.

Comments like the one directed at Megyn Kelly show this is false. Although, even if it were true, sexual assault, like racism, is not a difficult issue. It should disqualify him regardless if he is changed or not.

Meh, these were not comments in a debate setting - they were a candid reflection of his attitude towards women. Moreover, the "our candidate routinely says stupid and criminal things" is exactly what those of us who are reasonabl have said all along about Trump.

He said something like "you can get away with it", implying that he had done it. Also, having a President who thinks that way seems like a pretty huge drawback, lol.

The only strategy I've really seen for republicans is to completely ignore the question and talk about Clinton's e-mails or whatever. At least that doesn't try to defend the indefensible. However, if Clinton is any kind of politician, she'll be able to hammer him on it.

The worst thing about this whole mess though s the Republicans jumping ship now, as if his other actions/statements have not been utterly reprehensible and disqualifying.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 11:00:56 PM

It was her job to defend her client in the most aggressive manner possible. Many attorneys defend those they privately think are guilty. Not to do their job, would be in violation of ethics in the proffession.

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com...
https://www.theguardian.com...
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 11:06:35 PM

Of course it's locker room talk. Trump talks sh*t all the time; anybody who extrapolates it into real life it is a moron.

He's not changed, he's just too old to get it up anymore.

If you can't play the game, don't join the tournament.

Not strictly true. He's done more bad things than Hillary. Arguably, her fewer bad things were worse. Voting Trump is desperate, but so is America.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 11:11:00 PM

Mrs. Clinton wants to attack the Iranians. And seeing she has moments where she isn't even mentally present, I think she is dangerous with the nuke codes. How do you feel about that cupcakes?

I think it is better than letting Saudi Barbaria get nukes, sucking up to Putin, and withdrawing from NATO.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 12:53:52 PM
At 10/9/2016 11:11:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I think it is better than letting Saudi Barbaria get nukes, sucking up to Putin, and withdrawing from NATO.

Threaten to blast them into oblivion, then Give them $150 billion. Interesting strategy.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 12:58:14 PM
At 10/10/2016 12:53:52 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 10/9/2016 11:11:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Threaten to blast them into oblivion, then Give them $150 billion. Interesting strategy.

How much money has Clinton given you to make Trump supporters look deplorable?