Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trumps-clintons:cons-libs...

Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:13:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

There are plenty of good debates that happen in this forum, but not right now. After the election we will get some good discussions, but right now its just the horse race.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:16:34 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.

If the last 30 threads started contained at least 1 thing other than Trumps a fill in the blank
Hillary is a fill in the blank

People are defending candidates they say they hate JUST because it's not the other person. Eff it, I'll pick a side:

Tastes great. No, not really. I preferred dark beer. Less filling. I mostly drink water and coffee so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Looks like I can't pick either side.... somehow that's analogous...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:18:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:16:34 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.

If the last 30 threads started contained at least 1 thing other than Trumps a fill in the blank
Hillary is a fill in the blank

People are defending candidates they say they hate JUST because it's not the other person. Eff it, I'll pick a side:

Tastes great. No, not really. I preferred dark beer. Less filling. I mostly drink water and coffee so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Looks like I can't pick either side.... somehow that's analogous...

Well, you have a few more weeks to decide. Tastes great or less filling. Take your pick.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:19:31 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:18:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:16:34 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.

If the last 30 threads started contained at least 1 thing other than Trumps a fill in the blank
Hillary is a fill in the blank

People are defending candidates they say they hate JUST because it's not the other person. Eff it, I'll pick a side:

Tastes great. No, not really. I preferred dark beer. Less filling. I mostly drink water and coffee so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Looks like I can't pick either side.... somehow that's analogous...

Well, you have a few more weeks to decide. Tastes great or less filling. Take your pick.

I did upon nominations: stop drinking.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:44:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:16:34 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.

If the last 30 threads started contained at least 1 thing other than Trumps a fill in the blank
Hillary is a fill in the blank

People are defending candidates they say they hate JUST because it's not the other person. Eff it, I'll pick a side:

Tastes great. No, not really. I preferred dark beer. Less filling. I mostly drink water and coffee so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Looks like I can't pick either side.... somehow that's analogous...

Out of interest, do you not think brontoraptor is a propaganda troll uninterested in engaging and is by an order of magnitude worse than any "liberal" I terms of idiocy?
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:47:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:44:28 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:16:34 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:01:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

No. No....

There is no "flipping" votes going on here.

If the last 30 threads started contained at least 1 thing other than Trumps a fill in the blank
Hillary is a fill in the blank

People are defending candidates they say they hate JUST because it's not the other person. Eff it, I'll pick a side:

Tastes great. No, not really. I preferred dark beer. Less filling. I mostly drink water and coffee so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Looks like I can't pick either side.... somehow that's analogous...

Out of interest, do you not think brontoraptor is a propaganda troll uninterested in engaging and is by an order of magnitude worse than any "liberal" I terms of idiocy?

I ignore al but the posts on the sports where he weighs in on my college thread. There's plenty of trolls all around... most I just ignore. Life's hard enough without being angry all the time.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:19:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:21:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:19:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.

Fair enough, but the fact is that they show people change their mind. If you take 30 seconds and log onto real clear politics, you will see that people are changing their mind.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:39:53 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:21:15 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:19:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.

Fair enough, but the fact is that they show people change their mind. If you take 30 seconds and log onto real clear politics, you will see that people are changing their mind.

I would expect as much after each convention and 'bounces' and the release of the 05 convo with bbush that has dominated the news...and what originated this thread. There are what, 10, 11 threads about trumps comments since yesterday?
vortex86
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:47:02 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:39:53 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:21:15 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:19:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.

Fair enough, but the fact is that they show people change their mind. If you take 30 seconds and log onto real clear politics, you will see that people are changing their mind.

I would expect as much after each convention and 'bounces' and the release of the 05 convo with bbush that has dominated the news...and what originated this thread. There are what, 10, 11 threads about trumps comments since yesterday?

Realistically though, this kind of inundation by the media and Clinton supporters about a conversation from '05. I think for a person such as yourself that isn't planning on voting for either candidate will have the opposite effect. If anything I think it draws you more towards Trump does it not? Even if you continue to not chose to vote for either one. As an "unbiased" voter with no allegiance to either candidate. How do you take these kinds of stories?
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:48:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.

I respect people who honestly back someone, even when I disagree ideologically. Protest votes against vs. for often are counterproductive. Ex: McConnell won reelection in 2014 not because people in the state like him. They are sick of him. But he was elected due to people being against grimes and her stance on coal.

And McConnell is a disastrous senator.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:05:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:48:42 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.

I respect people who honestly back someone, even when I disagree ideologically. Protest votes against vs. for often are counterproductive. Ex: McConnell won reelection in 2014 not because people in the state like him. They are sick of him. But he was elected due to people being against grimes and her stance on coal.

And McConnell is a disastrous senator.

On a side note, what is the republican obsession with coal? Basically, coal is dead.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:22:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 7:47:02 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:39:53 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:21:15 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:19:44 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

You do not have to follow them. You just have to look at them once. Like how you can look up the Vikings record, you can look up what the polls are and have been.

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.

Fair enough, but the fact is that they show people change their mind. If you take 30 seconds and log onto real clear politics, you will see that people are changing their mind.

I would expect as much after each convention and 'bounces' and the release of the 05 convo with bbush that has dominated the news...and what originated this thread. There are what, 10, 11 threads about trumps comments since yesterday?

Realistically though, this kind of inundation by the media and Clinton supporters about a conversation from '05. I think for a person such as yourself that isn't planning on voting for either candidate will have the opposite effect. If anything I think it draws you more towards Trump does it not? Even if you continue to not chose to vote for either one. As an "unbiased" voter with no allegiance to either candidate. How do you take these kinds of stories?

These kinds of stories really seem to be disenguous to the election, in my opinion, and more reflective of the current business of media. Similarity, the incessant op-ed pieces about the Benghazi hearings.

Does it draw me more closely to trump? Not really. Is what he said offensive to me? Not really. I've heard much worse and more explicit by men and women, in professional settings and think any adult over the age of 30 that states otherwise is lying. I can't vote for him because he hasn't stated anything concrete, just lots of jingoism.

I can't vote for Clinton because she and I are complete opposites in regards to the role of both the Federal Government and the role of the President. It's not necessarily her past positions (the 90s), but her current ones Russia, Libya, Syria).

One thing about Trumps comments that is rather hypocritical in regards to coverage: those attacking him for what he said often defend those they support for private, vs public, conduct.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:33:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 8:05:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:48:42 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.

I respect people who honestly back someone, even when I disagree ideologically. Protest votes against vs. for often are counterproductive. Ex: McConnell won reelection in 2014 not because people in the state like him. They are sick of him. But he was elected due to people being against grimes and her stance on coal.

And McConnell is a disastrous senator.

On a side note, what is the republican obsession with coal? Basically, coal is dead.

Don't know as I'm independent :). She swung historically democratic counties to McConnell. Considering this state would be somewhere between the 7th-10th largest coal producing country... it effected tons.

As an aside to your aside, lol, co2 sequestration at coal fired plants can reduce co2 emissions greatly for a 20 million retro fit. IdeAlly we wouldn't need coal at all and at some point we won't but it does still play a crucial role in energy generation.

https://sequestration.mit.edu...
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:36:41 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
NOTE: in no way, shape, or form am I insinuating that's vote for either would be the same. They will both run this country in vastly different ways. My non support is not from the 'oh what does it matter' school of thought. It derives specifically from no agreeable in government for either and the words that I could back are followed by outlandish plans.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:40:58 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 8:33:37 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 8:05:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:48:42 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.

I respect people who honestly back someone, even when I disagree ideologically. Protest votes against vs. for often are counterproductive. Ex: McConnell won reelection in 2014 not because people in the state like him. They are sick of him. But he was elected due to people being against grimes and her stance on coal.

And McConnell is a disastrous senator.

On a side note, what is the republican obsession with coal? Basically, coal is dead.

Don't know as I'm independent :). She swung historically democratic counties to McConnell. Considering this state would be somewhere between the 7th-10th largest coal producing country... it effected tons.
The GOP can't seem to shut up about it. Pence mentioned it like five times in the debate.


As an aside to your aside, lol, co2 sequestration at coal fired plants can reduce co2 emissions greatly for a 20 million retro fit. IdeAlly we wouldn't need coal at all and at some point we won't but it does still play a crucial role in energy generation.

https://sequestration.mit.edu...

I did a debate about industry sources not long ago, I have some of the stats still rolling around in my head.

The argument about the viability of "clean coal" is moot. The cost of LNG is lower, and we are not making new coal plants. No other country wants to build them. Renewable energy are picking up, coal keeps going down. Point is, its dead.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:48:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

Vikings tv show. Lol

I intentionally ignore polls to the best of my ability. I can't escape them totally just like I can't escape the kardashians. But I don't have to pay them much mind.

If you are trying to ignore Trump Clinton polls, what are you doing in the politics section of a debate site?
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:53:53 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 8:40:58 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 8:33:37 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 8:05:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:48:42 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:32:10 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:24:18 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:16:11 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 7:06:41 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:56:16 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:49:54 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:43:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:39:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:36:04 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2016 5:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Dems-Reps...

Do any of you really think you are convincing-persuading others? None of this is debate. Both of you are engaging in the 'less filling, tastes great' bar squabble. Seems the society forum at least has some actual debate.

The polls change so it looks like some people are switching sides. I do not know if anyone here switches sides or switches sides because of DDO (prob not).

The reality is that because of the Republican nominee we are stuck debating things like is Obama a citizen, is Putin a strong leader, and should we withdraw from NATO instead of actual issues.

There's plenty of bs on the converse-dem side that opens up bs debate. Defending either... post 1.

There is bs on the dem side. But at least the dem side believes in science and nominated a candidate that has the minimal qualifications to be President.

Polls are like stats: they are easily manipulated and just as misleading. But that statement will just lead to more less filling-tastes great. Boring.

The poll show that at least some people have been changing their positions. Do you not agree?

I follow polls like I follow professional badminton: not at all. I only watch tv on sports... now that I can stream Vikings and walking dead, no reason for me to turn it on.

All you are describing is apathy, yet you seem to think there is some nobility in it.

You may not like either choice, there are plenty just like you, but one of these people will become POTUS, and thats not nothing.

It's not apathy, its acceptance. My state is a closed primary. I'm an independent. I have no say in candidate choosing.

The game will never change as long as the majority keeps playing it. So, in essence, what was said 240 some odd years ago by Maistre: a nation gets the government it deserves, in a democracy it gets the leaders it deserves (often misattributed to originality by Jefferson).

Still smacks of the notion that "they are both the same", and that is simply not true.

Don't participate if you choose, but stop the whining.

That's life me me telling you to stop the lecturing. If one were so inclined, a nasty retort could follow. But why bother? What would interest me for all the crap posted about the presidential race is if people posted about, oh the house or senate races in their state. I contend for all the wiki-Google phds in this forum, if questioned face to face, most wouldn't know who is running in their state (here people will just google to lend themselves credibility).

I have no idea how many members know who is running for state and local races. What I do know is you are a guy who is talking like it is HE who is the wise one by not voting at all.

I went through this with Bush v Gore. Self-righteous liberal friends blathering about "the same", and it got us Bush. Eight long years of a disaster.

Yea I am partisan. Yea I care, regardless of my temped support for Clinton, this matters. It matters a whole lot.

I respect people who honestly back someone, even when I disagree ideologically. Protest votes against vs. for often are counterproductive. Ex: McConnell won reelection in 2014 not because people in the state like him. They are sick of him. But he was elected due to people being against grimes and her stance on coal.

And McConnell is a disastrous senator.

On a side note, what is the republican obsession with coal? Basically, coal is dead.

Don't know as I'm independent :). She swung historically democratic counties to McConnell. Considering this state would be somewhere between the 7th-10th largest coal producing country... it effected tons.
The GOP can't seem to shut up about it. Pence mentioned it like five times in the debate.


As an aside to your aside, lol, co2 sequestration at coal fired plants can reduce co2 emissions greatly for a 20 million retro fit. IdeAlly we wouldn't need coal at all and at some point we won't but it does still play a crucial role in energy generation.

https://sequestration.mit.edu...

I did a debate about industry sources not long ago, I have some of the stats still rolling around in my head.

The argument about the viability of "clean coal" is moot. The cost of LNG is lower, and we are not making new coal plants. No other country wants to build them. Renewable energy are picking up, coal keeps going down. Point is, its dead.

I'll let them make the case for coal. I'm all for lng. Posted in other threads how lng has reduced US greenhouse emissions since 07 (from EPA and eia sources).

I get chastised for this, and that's fine, but vp debates would be similar to First Lady/First Gentleman debates. I get how some can be totally against a vp based on their stance on an issue or personality but they have such little power to me it's pretty irrelevant.