Jump to topic:

Who, if any, won the debate?

Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 1:51:21 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Personally I think that Clinton lost more as she was pressed on issues that she didn't address. (Falling to the 'look at my fact checkers' or 'everything he said was a lie')

I do not think Trump won despite this, he was good at dealing with scandals but still seemed very under-prepared on policy such as tax rate and the ban of Muslims.

My opinion is that Trump did what he needed to look like he was (Stay on attack because he is indefensible), but for those who actually understand politics outside of social issues do not think he won.

Lastly I think Trump made a mistake on the 3v1 comment as Cooper did a great job on moderation, maybe 2v1 at best. The questions did seem to favor Clinton as much of them were indirectly involved with Trump's controversial opinions and comments.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 2:11:44 PM
At 10/10/2016 1:51:21 PM, Fernyx wrote:
Personally I think that Clinton lost more as she was pressed on issues that she didn't address. (Falling to the 'look at my fact checkers' or 'everything he said was a lie')

I do not think Trump won despite this, he was good at dealing with scandals but still seemed very under-prepared on policy such as tax rate and the ban of Muslims.

My opinion is that Trump did what he needed to look like he was (Stay on attack because he is indefensible), but for those who actually understand politics outside of social issues do not think he won.

Lastly I think Trump made a mistake on the 3v1 comment as Cooper did a great job on moderation, maybe 2v1 at best. The questions did seem to favor Clinton as much of them were indirectly involved with Trump's controversial opinions and comments.

Trump rallied his base, while Clinton gave boring intelligent answers.

Trump supporters will see Trump insults such as "lock her up" and "she is the devil" and clear victory. However, I do not think any undecided is thinking positively about Trump's temperament after that fiasco.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 6:47:57 PM
At 10/10/2016 2:11:44 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Trump supporters will see Trump insults such as "lock her up" and "she is the devil" and clear victory. However, I do not think any undecided is thinking positively about Trump's temperament after that fiasco.

I agree with you 100% on Trump, but Clinton reused many of the same lines from last debate, don't know if it was intelligent more than calm mannered.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 6:48:27 PM

I agree with you 100% on Trump, but Clinton reused many of the same lines from last debate, don't know if it was intelligent more than calm mannered
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 6:54:01 PM
At 10/10/2016 6:47:57 PM, Fernyx wrote:

I agree with you 100% on Trump, but Clinton reused many of the same lines from last debate, don't know if it was intelligent more than calm mannered.

I mean intelligent not so much as quick witted, but she (and mainly her team) know what they are doing. I also say intelligent in comparison to Trump. Clinton at least laid out a plan in many instances during the debate.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 7:11:38 PM
At 10/10/2016 7:00:02 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:
Trump won. Anyone that says otherwise is lying

I doubt that debate will sway any significant number of undecided voters either way. I didn't think either was good, although Trump seemed to go off topic more often in his responses.
I don't envy the American voters, but really can't fathom how people can honestly believe Trump could be a good president.
WizardOfSnakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 7:14:01 PM
At 10/10/2016 7:11:38 PM, Canuck wrote:

I doubt that debate will sway any significant number of undecided voters either way. I didn't think either was good, although Trump seemed to go off topic more often in his responses.
I don't envy the American voters, but really can't fathom how people can honestly believe Trump could be a good president.

Hillary has a history of breaking the law and destroying nations. I prefer Trump. He's never gotten anyone killed.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 7:20:20 PM
At 10/10/2016 7:14:01 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:

Hillary has a history of breaking the law and destroying nations. I prefer Trump. He's never gotten anyone killed.

You could easily change "Hillary" to "The American government ". Not getting someone killed is a pretty low bar to set for the leader of a nation. I guess that makes me qualified. Not saying I would trust Clinton (there are very few politicians I actually do trust), but I would trust Trump far less as President
WizardOfSnakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 7:22:23 PM
At 10/10/2016 7:20:20 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 10/10/2016 7:14:01 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:

You could easily change "Hillary" to "The American government ". Not getting someone killed is a pretty low bar to set for the leader of a nation. I guess that makes me qualified. Not saying I would trust Clinton (there are very few politicians I actually do trust), but I would trust Trump far less as President

everyone is more qualified than her. so yes, I would vote for you over her unless I could catch you riddled in 5,000 scandals just like her or worse.