Jump to topic:

Trump's Temperament

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 7:51:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I do not blame many GOP members for bailing on Trump. I feel like that is the only way to come out of this with some integrity. Time, time and time again Trump has shown that he does not have the temperament to do the job. Trump does not even show remorse for his actions. He thinks his temperament is best quality.

If it was just one incident he could apologize and write it off as a gaffe, but it is not. Instead of a good apology, Trump wrote off the recent disturbing video of him as "locker room talk" (it is more than locking room talk), and then immediately went on the offensive. In the debate he said he would abuse his power as President to jail Hillary.

Politics aside, it is un-American to support Trump.
WizardOfSnakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:00:26 PM
Hillary works for a Nazi conspirator according to WikiLeaks. I prefer not be run by Nazi globalist ideology, thank you.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:05:34 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:00:26 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:
Hillary works for a Nazi conspirator according to WikiLeaks. I prefer not be run by Nazi globalist ideology, thank you.

You mean like requiring everyone of a particular cultural sub-group to be registered on a central database and having less entitlement to protection of their rights than everyone else?
WizardOfSnakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:11:13 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:05:34 PM, Graincruncher wrote:

You mean like requiring everyone of a particular cultural sub-group to be registered on a central database and having less entitlement to protection of their rights than everyone else?

more like spending 6 trillion dollars in the middle east and forsaking the U.S. completely, starting a race divide between police and blacks, and brining in unvetted jihadis, all while trying to disarm you. What is happening now is line for line exactly what Hitler referred to as the "war of the future" and Hillary Clinton is implementing it right now.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:11:41 PM
At 10/10/2016 7:51:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I do not blame many GOP members for bailing on Trump. I feel like that is the only way to come out of this with some integrity. Time, time and time again Trump has shown that he does not have the temperament to do the job. Trump does not even show remorse for his actions. He thinks his temperament is best quality.

If it was just one incident he could apologize and write it off as a gaffe, but it is not. Instead of a good apology, Trump wrote off the recent disturbing video of him as "locker room talk" (it is more than locking room talk), and then immediately went on the offensive. In the debate he said he would abuse his power as President to jail Hillary.

He definitely does not have the temperament to maintain the status quo. For pro- government luddites, he is a terrible candidate.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:14:01 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:11:13 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:
At 10/10/2016 8:05:34 PM, Graincruncher wrote:

more like spending 6 trillion dollars in the middle east and forsaking the U.S. completely, starting a race divide between police and blacks, and brining in unvetted jihadis, all while trying to disarm you. What is happening now is line for line exactly what Hitler referred to as the "war of the future" and Hillary Clinton is implementing it right now.

Ah. So GWB? Fair enough, he was a bit of an embarrassing episode in your history.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:32:36 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:11:41 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

He definitely does not have the temperament to maintain the status quo. For pro- government luddites, he is a terrible candidate.

Also a terrible candidate for those who want efficient government.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:35:37 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:32:36 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

isn't "efficient government" an oxymoron?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:48:42 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:35:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

It especially is if Trump becomes the President.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 8:55:49 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:48:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

right worse that worse, gotcha lol
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 9:58:10 PM
At 10/10/2016 8:48:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Trump is not a pro-government Luddite.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 10:22:12 PM

Nobody with a half a brain cares that an alpha-male said alpha-male things, 11 years ago, in private. Also, launching an investigation into the extent of Hillary's crimes isn't an abuse of power. Nice try. You should be glad he hasn't called for simply drone-striking her, per Obama's precedent.

You're a liar. If you support Trump, you simply want to Make America Great Again.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 10:56:10 PM
He thinks his temperament is best quality.

"Because you'd be in jail."
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:21:12 PM
At 10/10/2016 10:22:12 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Nobody with a half a brain cares that an alpha-male said alpha-male things, 11 years ago, in private. Also, launching an investigation into the extent of Hillary's crimes isn't an abuse of power. Nice try. You should be glad he hasn't called for simply drone-striking her, per Obama's precedent.

John McCain, as well as many other GOPers seem to care. It is more than just the one video though. It is a culmination of everything he has done. The video was just the straw that broke the camels back.

You're a liar. If you support Trump, you simply want to Make America Great Again.

At this point if you support Trump you either dumb as fvck or are a delusional "loser" who wants to blame others for all problems instead of creating solutions.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:23:05 PM

The left wing brontoraptor strikes again!
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:23:59 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:23:05 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Just don't call me a left wing triangle.128K, and I have no complaints.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:24:05 PM

If memory serves, you've used this sort of argument a lot, that he's somehow against the status quo and it's good.

What does that even mean?

Last time I checked this isn't an armed revolution; this isn't a forceful overthrow of the government, he's being elected president, he's going to be part of the government.

As part of the government, he's going to have to talk to people, engage, work out what to do, have policy discussions, horse trade, negotiate from a position of both strength and weakness with a group of people in congress who at best are going to act like they're from a different party, and most likely going to be significant opposing most of what he's proposing.

Even then, you have no idea what he's actually proposing; he's never remained consistent about anything, he's made basic mistakes in even the most trivial of policy decisions; and the majority of what he says is so vacuous and trivial that it doesn't even count as policy at all.

"We'll bring back law an order", means nothing; it's an empty sentence that is meant to appeal to your emotional side.

Only he can fix it? How? What is he going to do? How is it going to work? How much is going to cost?

Good God, if the problems with the country are as yuge as he is saying, why are the supporters not demanding en mass as citizens of the country, a national discourse and crucible of idea's unrivaled at any point in American History.

If America is so bad, that you feel something so extreme is needed to make it better why are you accepting of a candidate who says nothing much more than "america is a disaster, I'm going to make it better".

Ignoring all the ridiculous crap that he does other than that; the type of crap that is now so public, it would make it toxic and untennable for any body to maintain a working relationship with them; why is such a massive gulf between what you say is going to be achieved through this election, and what he says he's going to do.

This is the political equivalent of the underpants gnomes.

Phase 1: Elect Me.
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: America is Great Again.

Of course, you're likely to just throw away a single dismissive line to try and shut down the conversation, but this is my biggest issue.

His apparent lack of intelligence in public, and ability to speak off teleprompter without incoherently ranting; his repeated lies, and massive misrepresentation of reality, his petulent childlike blame on everyone else for his own problems, his definite mysogony, probable racism and most damaging rhetoric that will cause more issues for national security and safety of your society through the recruitment boon for terrorist organisations fueled from him framing the fight as Islam vs The west than Clintons email server ever could.

All of that and all the incessant and unending list of vile stupidity could probably all be forgiven if he had a workable "Marshall Plan" for actually making America Great again.

If he had a "New Deal 2.0" that had some thought process behind it, that explained and quantified, and could be costed, and made sense, that you could analyze and quantify, it could mean that his toxic personality could possibly be excused; and even if not, the plan could be adopted and moved forward without him.

But he doesn't.

His plan seems to consist of him repeatedly stating that he has the best plan.

Don't you think you deserve that? For someone who is convincing you of the dire state of America, don't you think you should have at least a broad overview of how he's going to fix it.

He doesn't know; and to some extent it seems evident that he doesn't really care either; he seems content to simply repeat over and over again that he is able to do it, and it's going to be the best, and no one is going to be able to do it better than him.

We are facing big issues, and we ALL deserve better; we deserve to have a level of discourse that freely talks about the problems, and is willing to have the discussions about what to do without the conversation being shut down.

Instead, you have Trump, and for some reason that I cannot fathom, you and others believe that someone who has gone 15+ months bullsh*tting the country about how great his plan is, despite his opining rants changing daily; actually has the best plan; or even worse, that someone with the lack of policy, ability to discuss, talk, or even run a political campaign marginally better any one of us here on this forum, excluding Brontoraptor; wouldn't do too badly with the most complex geopolitical and socio-economic problems that this country has ever faced.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:25:08 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:23:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

If you were a left wing varient of me, you would be arguing about Trump's campaign in general instead of throwing a bunch of childish insults.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:25:17 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:24:05 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

If memory serves, you've used this sort of argument a lot, that he's somehow against the status quo and it's good.

Last time I checked this isn't an armed revolution; this isn't a forceful overthrow of the government, he's being elected president, he's going to be part of the government.

As part of the government, he's going to have to talk to people, engage, work out what to do, have policy discussions, horse trade, negotiate from a position of both strength and weakness with a group of people in congress who at best are going to act like they're from a different party, and most likely going to be significant opposing most of what he's proposing.

Even then, you have no idea what he's actually proposing; he's never remained consistent about anything, he's made basic mistakes in even the most trivial of policy decisions; and the majority of what he says is so vacuous and trivial that it doesn't even count as policy at all.

"We'll bring back law an order", means nothing; it's an empty sentence that is meant to appeal to your emotional side.

Only he can fix it? How? What is he going to do? How is it going to work? How much is going to cost?

Good God, if the problems with the country are as yuge as he is saying, why are the supporters not demanding en mass as citizens of the country, a national discourse and crucible of idea's unrivaled at any point in American History.

If America is so bad, that you feel something so extreme is needed to make it better why are you accepting of a candidate who says nothing much more than "america is a disaster, I'm going to make it better".

Ignoring all the ridiculous crap that he does other than that; the type of crap that is now so public, it would make it toxic and untennable for any body to maintain a working relationship with them; why is such a massive gulf between what you say is going to be achieved through this election, and what he says he's going to do.

Of course, you're likely to just throw away a single dismissive line to try and shut down the conversation, but this is my biggest issue.

His apparent lack of intelligence in public, and ability to speak off teleprompter without incoherently ranting; his repeated lies, and massive misrepresentation of reality, his petulent childlike blame on everyone else for his own problems, his definite mysogony, probable racism and most damaging rhetoric that will cause more issues for national security and safety of your society through the recruitment boon for terrorist organisations fueled from him framing the fight as Islam vs The west than Clintons email server ever could.

All of that and all the incessant and unending list of vile stupidity could probably all be forgiven if he had a workable "Marshall Plan" for actually making America Great again.

If he had a "New Deal 2.0" that had some thought process behind it, that explained and quantified, and could be costed, and made sense, that you could analyze and quantify, it could mean that his toxic personality could possibly be excused; and even if not, the plan could be adopted and moved forward without him.

But he doesn't.

Don't you think you deserve that? For someone who is convincing you of the dire state of America, don't you think you should have at least a broad overview of how he's going to fix it.

He doesn't know; and to some extent it seems evident that he doesn't really care either; he seems content to simply repeat over and over again that he is able to do it, and it's going to be the best, and no one is going to be able to do it better than him.

We are facing big issues, and we ALL deserve better; we deserve to have a level of discourse that freely talks about the problems, and is willing to have the discussions about what to do without the conversation being shut down.

Instead, you have Trump, and for some reason that I cannot fathom, you and others believe that someone who has gone 15+ months bullsh*tting the country about how great his plan is, despite his opining rants changing daily; actually has the best plan; or even worse, that someone with the lack of policy, ability to discuss, talk, or even run a political campaign marginally better any one of us here on this forum, excluding Brontoraptor; wouldn't do too badly with the most complex geopolitical and socio-economic problems that this country has ever faced.

You must really believe Hillary when she says she just needs 4 years to do what she could not do in 30....
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:30:40 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:25:08 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

If you were a left wing varient of me, you would be arguing about Trump's campaign in general instead of throwing a bunch of childish insults.

If you think I am throwing around a bunch of childish insults you should call me a left wing Donald Trump.

I have had plenty of discussions and have posted plenty of arguments based on reason if you would care to respond to one.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:37:38 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:30:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:25:08 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

If you think I am throwing around a bunch of childish insults you should call me a left wing Donald Trump.

I have had plenty of discussions and have posted plenty of arguments based on reason if you would care to respond to one.

Well all your topics are just childish insults...

And may I remind you that Clinton has insulted Trump more than Trump insulted Clinton in the presidential debates? Also remember that Clinton's criticism of Trump WAS a bunch of childish insults such as "rasis! seksis! h8s wimin! h8s mesikans! h8s mooslems!"

Trump on the other hand actually offered actual criticism of Clinton...
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:44:46 PM

Well all your topics are just childish insults...

There is plenty of reason behind thinking Trump does not have a good temperament. It was even a question in a Presidential Debate. You call me childish because you have no arguments against it.

And may I remind you that Clinton has insulted Trump more than Trump insulted Clinton in the presidential debates? Also remember that Clinton's criticism of Trump WAS a bunch of childish insults such as "rasis! seksis! h8s wimin! h8s mesikans! h8s mooslems!"

Is that true? Was it Clinton that called Trump "the devil" and was it Clinton that said Trump had "hate in his heart". Did Clinton say she was going to put Trump in jail? Did Clinton try to bring accuser of Trump for rape in the family box of the debate? What did Clinton say that was so insulting and childish?

Trump on the other hand actually offered actual criticism of Clinton...
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:11:34 AM

Lmfao every single day I hear of some new claim against Hilary Clinton and it's goddamn hilarious. I wish I could collect them all. OOO or fill out like a bingo card of insane accusations. At this point someone is going to tell me she killed Tupac and biggie and wants to give me children AIDS.

Seriously though you guys have turned Hilary into Dr.Doom or something. Oh and also she's going to drop dead anytime now.

At least the accusations against Trump literally use his own quotes against him
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:15:43 AM

Dude I played football in HS and now I'm a cop. I've always run with the alpha males. Never heard talk like that. Crass sure but rapey? Hell no. I find it funny most dudes who were never in a locker room are the ones who think they know what happens in one. Sit down you damn beta

When the fuck_was America great?
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:20:49 AM
At 10/10/2016 11:25:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:24:05 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

But he doesn't.

You must really believe Hillary when she says she just needs 4 years to do what she could not do in 30....

TIL Hilary Clinton has been President of America for 30 years
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:28:58 AM

That sounds like something you would read in a tabloid
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:48:12 PM
At 10/10/2016 11:21:12 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

John McCain, as well as many other GOPers seem to care. It is more than just the one video though. It is a culmination of everything he has done. The video was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Yes, the establishment GOPe cucks like McCain pretend to care in order to signal their virtue to the public. They have no spine and they can reliably expected to knife you in the back the moment they have an opportunity to get the media to like them.

At this point if you support Trump you either dumb as fvck or are a delusional "loser" who wants to blame others for all problems instead of creating solutions.

Better to be a viewed a delusional loser than be a treasonous, America-hating cuck.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 12:15:16 AM

Yes, the establishment GOPe cucks like McCain pretend to care in order to signal their virtue to the public. They have no spine and they can reliably expected to knife you in the back the moment they have an opportunity to get the media to like them.

John McCain showed he has little spine but there are plenty of other (Romney, Kasich, Bloomberg, ect) that showed spine to Trump. The polls clearly showed that people care about the video.

Better to be a viewed a delusional loser than be a treasonous, America-hating cuck.

Trump is the one that continually shows Un-American values. He said a judge could not do his job because he was Latino, He attacked the family of a fallen soldier,ect. He praises Putin, and threatened to throw his political opponent in Jail. How are Never-Trumpers Un-American.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 7:52:08 PM
At 10/12/2016 12:15:16 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

John McCain showed he has little spine but there are plenty of other (Romney, Kasich, Bloomberg, ect) that showed spine to Trump. The polls clearly showed that people care about the video.

John McCain and all of those other "Republicans" how proven themselves to be spineless cowards that abandon their allies the moment they are given the chance to signal their moral purity so they can get a high-five from the tone-police in the media. They are worse than useless.

Trump is the one that continually shows Un-American values. He said a judge could not do his job because he was Latino, He attacked the family of a fallen soldier,ect. He praises Putin, and threatened to throw his political opponent in Jail. How are Never-Trumpers Un-American.

Trump suggested he might be biased against him, of which there was a very large probability given his connection to pro-illegal immigration groups. The Khans attacked Trump first, then despicably hid behind their dead son when he responded -- how is using a dead soldier as a shield American? And Trump is not an idiot that foolishly wants to draw us into a war with Russia. America is needelessly antagonizing Russia, and Trump knows that. Appointing a federal prosecutor to investigate the extent of crimes is perfectly legal. Hillary would also be given a fair trial if she were to be indicted. NeverTrump is Un-American because they care more about signalling their virtue and flaunting their "principles" than they do the future of this country.

Any other narratives you want me to destroy?