Jump to topic:

Questions for Republican Party supporters

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 9:29:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Are you frustrated that Donald Trump is your candidate in the presidential elections?

In my opinion he is not a real republican and has hijacked your party and used it as a springboard to forward his selfish desire for power and influence. Would you agree?

He has prevented your party from putting a real republican in the Whitehouse against one of the weakest democratic candidates of all time. Would you agree?

He has now effectively deserted the party and it's leaders now he has secured the nomination despite his claim to be a great unifier he is now throwing insults and attacks at nearly everyone in the republican party, refusing to take any advice or stick to party policy. Would you agree?

You may prefer a Trump presidency to a Clinton presidency but are you honest enough to admit he is about the worst Republican Party candidate imaginable?

In terms of electability and party image Trump is a disaster for the Republican Party. Would you agree?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 9:43:15 PM
At 10/11/2016 9:29:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Are you frustrated that Donald Trump is your candidate in the presidential elections?

I'm not frustrated with his policies or with him sticking it to the worthless, treasonous GOP establishment. I am frustrated with the amount of unforced errors he has made. If another candidate with his policies and general attitude but a better temperament was in the primaries I absolutely would've supported them over Trump.

But we didn't have that choice.

In my opinion he is not a real republican and has hijacked your party and used it as a springboard to forward his selfish desire for power and influence. Would you agree?

I don't agree. I agree that he's not a Republican (he's an old school, pro-America, pro-working class democrat), but he isn't in it for himself. He has taken a lot of tough positions that don't make him look good. Somebody out only for himself doesn't sh1t all over the legacy of the last Republican president to a chorus of boos in a Republican debate. I think he's tired of government incompetence and thinks he could do better...and he probably could. It's hard to imagine someone doing worse.

He has prevented your party from putting a real republican in the Whitehouse against one of the weakest democratic candidates of all time. Would you agree?

He is less electable than a handsome empty suit like Rubio, for sure. But 4 years of Rubio does little for me. If the right in this country is to have a future we need a major shift, and soon. 4 years of Rubio would simply be borrowed time.

He has now effectively deserted the party and it's leaders now he has secured the nomination despite his claim to be a great unifier he is now throwing insults and attacks at nearly everyone in the republican party, refusing to take any advice or stick to party policy. Would you agree?

The "leaders" deserted him, not the other way around. Bill Clinton blatantly abused his position to solicit sex with multiple women. The Democratic Party stood by him.

This is why Democrats are winners and Republicans are losers. Hillary Clinton is a two faced politician who says one thing to private donors and another thing to the people. She recklessly endangered national security and shows no remorse for her actions. Her term as secretary of state was a disaster in every possible way, culminating in a pointless Libyan war that destabilized the country. She is a duplicitous warmonger who will appoint radically left wing judges and take away our sacred rights...but Trump said extremely vulgar things 11 years ago, so let's ditch him.

It's obvious that they were looking for a reason to ditch Trump. The GOP is phoney controlled opposition, and indeed the Trump take was actually leaked by a former Romney operative. Imagine that! The Democrats would *never* do that to each other. Screw the GOP "leadership".

You may prefer a Trump presidency to a Clinton presidency but are you honest enough to admit he is about the worst Republican Party candidate imaginable?

In terms of electability and party image Trump is a disaster for the Republican Party. Would you agree?

Soon enough electability won't matter. The Republicans could nominate a resurrected George Washington and he would still lose if the demographic transition of this country is not stopped, and soon. Republicans can only win white voters. They will *never* make inroads to the Hispanic community unless they become a leftwing party (IE, cease being the Republican party). No other candidate was going to do a thing about this.

Trump: Build a wall, deport them all, and restrict immigration. Sounds good to me. Electing a corporatist puppet like Rubio who would quietly amnesty the illegals and leave the borders open would end the GOP in the long run. Better to go with Trump.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 10:15:16 PM
At 10/11/2016 9:43:15 PM, thett3 wrote:

I'm not frustrated with his policies or with him sticking it to the worthless, treasonous GOP establishment. I am frustrated with the amount of unforced errors he has made. If another candidate with his policies and general attitude but a better temperament was in the primaries I absolutely would've supported them over Trump.

Which of Trumps policies stand out for you personally?

I agree he makes a lot of unforced errors. It makes me wonder how he has been successful in business? You would think a billionaire would not make many mistakes.

But we didn't have that choice.

Agree no one else comparable to Trump stood in the primaries.

What did you dislike about Kasich?

To me he is obviously more electable than Trump.

I don't agree. I agree that he's not a Republican (he's an old school, pro-America, pro-working class democrat), but he isn't in it for himself. He has taken a lot of tough positions that don't make him look good. Somebody out only for himself doesn't sh1t all over the legacy of the last Republican president to a chorus of boos in a Republican debate. I think he's tired of government incompetence and thinks he could do better...and he probably could. It's hard to imagine someone doing worse.

He knows George Bush is universally unpopular. He was an easy target. Obviously some people would boo but a lot of people, especially the type of people Trump intended to attract already disliked Bush.

He is less electable than a handsome empty suit like Rubio, for sure. But 4 years of Rubio does little for me. If the right in this country is to have a future we need a major shift, and soon. 4 years of Rubio would simply be borrowed time.

The question is would that not have been a better option for the GOP than 4 years of Hillary Clinton?

The "leaders" deserted him, not the other way around. Bill Clinton blatantly abused his position to solicit sex with multiple women. The Democratic Party stood by him.

Agree. The difference is he was a member of the establishment and universally liked among grass roots democrats. He was also already president when the allegations first surfaced.

This is why Democrats are winners and Republicans are losers. Hillary Clinton is a two faced politician who says one thing to private donors and another thing to the people. She recklessly endangered national security and shows no remorse for her actions. Her term as secretary of state was a disaster in every possible way, culminating in a pointless Libyan war that destabilized the country. She is a duplicitous warmonger who will appoint radically left wing judges and take away our sacred rights...but Trump said extremely vulgar things 11 years ago, so let's ditch him.

I agree Hillary is a dreadful candidate with an awful record.

What do you consider sacred rights?

I don't really think Hillary is left wing. She is a moderate in my opinion, even in terms of American politics which leans to the right generally.

It's obvious that they were looking for a reason to ditch Trump. The GOP is phoney controlled opposition, and indeed the Trump take was actually leaked by a former Romney operative. Imagine that! The Democrats would *never* do that to each other. Screw the GOP "leadership".

It only takes one rogue individual with access to something so damaging as that tape to down a campaign. Do you wish they had kept it hidden? In my opinion it's the sort of thing that's in the public interest to know about.

Soon enough electability won't matter. The Republicans could nominate a resurrected George Washington and he would still lose if the demographic transition of this country is not stopped, and soon. Republicans can only win white voters. They will *never* make inroads to the Hispanic community unless they become a leftwing party (IE, cease being the Republican party). No other candidate was going to do a thing about this.

There are far more White people than non white people in the USA. The democrats have fielded an extremely weak candidate. The GOP has missed an open goal.

As a moderate I'm lucky in that political parties have to move towards my positions to achieve election to office. I think people on the left or the right though have to be realistic. It's better for you to have a centre right president than a centre left politician. You can be an idealist and protest from the sidelines or compromise and allow at least more of your opinions to be favoured.

Trump: Build a wall, deport them all, and restrict immigration. Sounds good to me. Electing a corporatist puppet like Rubio who would quietly amnesty the illegals and leave the borders open would end the GOP in the long run. Better to go with Trump.

But when Clinton gets in even more people will come in?

Choosing unelectable candidates achieves nothing. It only lets your opponents off the hook for fielding weak candidates.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:00:33 AM
Newt said that if Hillary gets in the white house the will be another 600million people in America.
If there was a republican who was really good in the race this year he would have taken an early lead and Trump would have quit. Trump is the nominee because his competitors were worse.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:24:49 AM

sure and Hillary is the worst for the democrats this isn't new or not already well known, what's your point exactly? this has been discussed to death.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:27:24 AM
At 10/12/2016 1:24:49 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

sure and Hillary is the worst for the democrats this isn't new or not already well known, what's your point exactly? this has been discussed to death.

Age and experience Kev. Lol

Have you heard of Marc Turi?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:31:14 AM
At 10/12/2016 1:00:33 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
Newt said that if Hillary gets in the white house the will be another 600million people in America.
If there was a republican who was really good in the race this year he would have taken an early lead and Trump would have quit. Trump is the nominee because his competitors were worse.

No, its because the base was blinded by the bromance. Sane people (me for example) asked how you thought he could win a general. Know what the answer was?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:34:48 AM
At 10/12/2016 1:31:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/12/2016 1:00:33 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

No, its because the base was blinded by the bromance. Sane people (me for example) asked how you thought he could win a general. Know what the answer was?

Even the other GOP primary candidates said electing Trump the nominee was electing Clinton. Trump won the nomination because he went full-retard in the primaries. The other candidates know that you can win the primaries by going full-retard but you doom yourself in the general. Trump would rather win the primary and lose the general, than have another GOP candidate win the primary.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:39:40 AM
At 10/12/2016 1:27:24 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

yes just tonight I have, another drop in the bucket that no one will care about.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:50:01 AM
At 10/12/2016 1:39:40 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/12/2016 1:27:24 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

yes just tonight I have, another drop in the bucket that no one will care about.

Same here. Put a thread up with 3 sources; not accusatory but asking, as one who followed the Benghazi stuff, did I just miss the whole thing? Was this a sealed charge until DOJ dropped? Is this just 'political smear'?
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 2:00:18 AM

Defiantly

Of course

Yep

On the spot

I am not too familiar with previous republican candidates especially if they didn't win.
Yep
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 2:04:27 AM

I agree with each and every point on this. He is going to single handidly ruin the party. Luckily republicans and Trump are distancing themselves from each other.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 4:21:04 AM

Yes to all.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 4:29:59 AM
At 10/12/2016 4:21:04 AM, 16kadams wrote:

Yes to all.

Ditto.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 4:34:11 AM
At 10/12/2016 4:21:04 AM, 16kadams wrote:

Yes to all.

Yes to all except that there exists a real republican.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 11:04:05 PM

I'm interested in discussing the issue. If your bored of it no problem, just ignore this thread. I agree Hillary is a dreadful candidate although maybe there could be worse candidates although maybe I'm biased because I'm a moderate.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 11:29:35 PM

On a scale of 1-10, my frustration is over 9,000.

Absolutely.

Indeed.

Yes.

Barring a world where David Duke won, yes.

Yes.