Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Is the American political system in trouble?

Face-of-the-deep
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 6:49:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
We see the political elite get away with almost anything, like Teflon Gods. "Follow the money" they say, and they are right. If a trust worthy and competent-honest person becomes an elected leader in America, it would not be very long before they were influenced by money. It is probably impossible to go for years while many dozens of people are trying to buy influence with giant offers of money. I once thought that it was illegal to bribe an official for favors, am I missing something or has our precious system already fallen to the money Cartel?
A second note, I have heard that Donald Trump has already spent over $55million of his own money on the election so far. I read that a couple of months ago. Is there something a little fishy smelling about spending that much of your own cash for a job that pays $400,000 per year?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 11:12:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 6:49:31 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
We see the political elite get away with almost anything, like Teflon Gods. "Follow the money" they say, and they are right. If a trust worthy and competent-honest person becomes an elected leader in America, it would not be very long before they were influenced by money. It is probably impossible to go for years while many dozens of people are trying to buy influence with giant offers of money. I once thought that it was illegal to bribe an official for favors, am I missing something or has our precious system already fallen to the money Cartel?

A second note, I have heard that Donald Trump has already spent over $55million of his own money on the election so far. I read that a couple of months ago. Is there something a little fishy smelling about spending that much of your own cash for a job that pays $400,000 per year?

That's because he hasn't spent his own money, he loaned money to his campaign, he will get the money back with interest.