Jump to topic:

Why I'm Voting for Trump

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:14:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
First of all, I acknowledge that Trump is probably a horrible person.
As long as Trump wouldn't declare himself monarch for life (in all fairness, he's a very old man so an 8-year presidential term could very well be "for life"), wouldn't commit mass genocide, wouldn't start WW3, and wouldn't start a nuclear war, I'd vote for him. As long as he didn't do the above, America and the world would be able to survive 4-8 years of President Trump. The damage would be manageable.
Trump's election will do something that, to me, will probably outweigh 4-8 years of poor decision-making at the executive level. If Trump wins, then America will have elected to this country's highest office a man who has made many racist and sexist comments.

Now, do I like it when people go around making racist and sexist comments? No, of course not. But I dislike it far more whenever the people who say this stuff lose their jobs; this racist and sexist stuff sometimes represents their personal beliefs, even their political/religious ideology. One example of this is if the speaker holds to white supremacism. Another example is a religious fundamentalist's views on gender roles (which I also hold to, to an extent). In short, I am disillusioned by a country where people are fired for expressing unpopular opinions; I am absolutely appalled whenever they are fired for expressing these beliefs in private. Whenever this happens, freedom of speech is eroded, and one could say that in practice it doesn't exist.
And it isn't just affecting "radicals". Academics are increasingly branding as racist those who believe in voter ID laws, those who believe that our immigration laws should be enforced, those who believe that welfare should be cut, those who oppose BLM, etc. Increasingly "mainstream" beliefs are being targeted, as well as those millions of people who hold to these "unacceptable" ideas.

That's why I support Trump: if someone like him wins, the race-baiters, the radical feminists, and the overall "Social Justice Warrior" bloc will be delivered a sound defeat, and freedom of speech will start to make a comeback. This issue is now more important to me than just about any other. That's why I'm almost certain to vote for Trump.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:34:43 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:14:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
As long as Trump wouldn't declare himself monarch for life (in all fairness, he's a very old man so an 8-year presidential term could very well be "for life"), wouldn't commit mass genocide, wouldn't start WW3, and wouldn't start a nuclear war, I'd vote for him. As long as he didn't do the above, America and the world would be able to survive 4-8 years of President Trump. The damage would be manageable.
Trump's election will do something that, to me, will probably outweigh 4-8 years of poor decision-making at the executive level. If Trump wins, then America will have elected to this country's highest office a man who has made many racist and sexist comments.

Now, do I like it when people go around making racist and sexist comments? No, of course not. But I dislike it far more whenever the people who say this stuff lose their jobs; this racist and sexist stuff sometimes represents their personal beliefs, even their political/religious ideology. One example of this is if the speaker holds to white supremacism. Another example is a religious fundamentalist's views on gender roles (which I also hold to, to an extent). In short, I am disillusioned by a country where people are fired for expressing unpopular opinions; I am absolutely appalled whenever they are fired for expressing these beliefs in private. Whenever this happens, freedom of speech is eroded, and one could say that in practice it doesn't exist.
And it isn't just affecting "radicals". Academics are increasingly branding as racist those who believe in voter ID laws, those who believe that our immigration laws should be enforced, those who believe that welfare should be cut, those who oppose BLM, etc. Increasingly "mainstream" beliefs are being targeted, as well as those millions of people who hold to these "unacceptable" ideas.

That's why I support Trump: if someone like him wins, the race-baiters, the radical feminists, and the overall "Social Justice Warrior" bloc will be delivered a sound defeat, and freedom of speech will start to make a comeback. This issue is now more important to me than just about any other. That's why I'm almost certain to vote for Trump.

Silencing the SJW's is hardly a reason to vote for him. His economic policies are a disaster.
http://www.marketwatch.com...
https://www.economy.com...
http://www.economist.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:42:24 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:34:43 PM, Peepette wrote:

Silencing the SJW's is hardly a reason to vote for him. His economic policies are a disaster.

None of those policies will make it through Congress,
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:42:31 PM

When he becomes President, is surrounded by experienced advisors, and receives briefings on the economy, he'll probably wisen up a little bit and choose not to pursue some of his crazier proposals.

The DDO Blog:

WizardOfSnakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:48:41 PM
They have both exhibited hideous behavior. Only on exhibits behavior that is a threat to the United States. Hillary Clinton is a threat to your rights and the national security of America.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:49:55 PM

If you think giving Trump a global platform from which to spew his vile beliefs is going to negatively impact "race-baiters," "radical feminists," and SJWs, you are in for a big surprise. Their ranks would swell during a Trump presidency. Fortunately, that won't be happening.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:50:08 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:42:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

When he becomes President, is surrounded by experienced advisors, and receives briefings on the economy, he'll probably wisen up a little bit and choose not to pursue some of his crazier proposals.

I'm starting to think that the public is eager to embrace the propaganda lies that a president has far more unchecked power than he really does, because the alternative is to admit that the president is just a scapegoat for the Congress. The real power is behind the curtain, and nobody wants to address the Wizards of Congress.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 4:54:46 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:49:55 PM, Burzmali wrote:

If you think giving Trump a global platform from which to spew his vile beliefs is going to negatively impact "race-baiters," "radical feminists," and SJWs, you are in for a big surprise. Their ranks would swell during a Trump presidency. Fortunately, that won't be happening.

Think about it: somebody says something even mildly disagreeable and the SJWs demand that this person be fired. Donald Trump, the poster boy of racism and sexism, takes the highest office in the country and he can't be "fired" until his term expires. This'll be a yuuuuge blow to them.

The DDO Blog:

Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 7:34:10 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:54:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Think about it: somebody says something even mildly disagreeable and the SJWs demand that this person be fired. Donald Trump, the poster boy of racism and sexism, takes the highest office in the country and he can't be "fired" until his term expires. This'll be a yuuuuge blow to them.

It's like an attack or battle that galvanizes people, though. It wouldn't be a blow because they wouldn't lose anything. Rather, it would validate their causes. There really isn't an end to this election that is negative for the groups you mentioned. Either they're vindicated by Trump losing, or their concerns are validated by him winning.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 8:36:08 PM
At 10/13/2016 7:34:10 PM, Burzmali wrote:
It's like an attack or battle that galvanizes people, though. It wouldn't be a blow because they wouldn't lose anything. Rather, it would validate their causes. There really isn't an end to this election that is negative for the groups you mentioned. Either they're vindicated by Trump losing, or their concerns are validated by him winning.

With any luck the SJW's will all move to Canada, as they always threaten to do if Trump wins, and never come back.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 8:51:25 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:50:08 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm starting to think that the public is eager to embrace the propaganda lies that a president has far more unchecked power than he really does, because the alternative is to admit that the president is just a scapegoat for the Congress. The real power is behind the curtain, and nobody wants to address the Wizards of Congress.

Amen here...
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 8:52:32 PM

What racist comments has he made?
This space for rent.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 10:23:57 PM

I understand how it can be frustrating that you are criticised for holding certain views and it can be frustrating not being able to openly express those views.

People who hold what are seen as extreme views would still be stigmatized by society for holding them even if government allowed it.

The question I have is what benefits do you think would be seen from encouraging the use of discrimination on the grounds of race/ gender etc?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 10:26:33 PM

Congrats on being just as bad as the SJWs!
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 10:27:29 PM

Is it not a concern that he is dishonest enough to trick the American people into thinking there is a way to cut taxes without increasing borrowing dramatically?

When he knows there is no way these policies would work?

I can't believe a billionaire would actually think these economic policies would work. Surely he is more intelligent than that.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 10:33:02 PM
At 10/13/2016 4:48:41 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:
They have both exhibited hideous behavior. Only on exhibits behavior that is a threat to the United States. Hillary Clinton is a threat to your rights and the national security of America.

It must have been annoying for you when the recording and subsequent allegations of assault emerged. All those attacks on Bill (generally justified in my opinion, didn't realize the extent and strength of the allegations against him until reading some of your posts and looking into it in greater detail) now have little effect other than suggesting Trump and Clinton are both unsuitable presidential candidates.

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 10:46:51 PM

If you think electing Trump will magically resolve the culture war you are very naive.

My single biggest fear about a Trump victory is that it will legitimize the violence he has done to political norms in the US. It is unacceptable to lay the groundwork for claims the election was rigged. It is unacceptable to give winks and nods to foreign powers interfering with our election. It is unacceptable to threaten businessman and journalists who oppose you. It is unacceptable to condone violence at political rallies.

You underestimate the damage an authoritarian president could do given the tools at the disposal of the executive branch.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 11:25:55 PM

Peepette's links are of economists who are purely speculating. Here is a link to his policies, and I support all his economic policies. He does care about single moms, and he does care about working people, as well as married couples with kids. Out of any political, his economic polices are the most family friendly that I've ever seen. I am voting for him because i think if his policies were implemented it would give Americans a sense of self sufficiency.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com...

Also, I agree with you, I think if he was elected PC bullcrap would greatly diminish, but people would be so busy rebuilding their lives due to self- empowering economic policies, that they wouldn't see as much of a need to look for fault in others, as everyone seems to be focused on now.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:26:00 AM

When he becomes President, is surrounded by experienced advisers, and receives briefings on the economy, he'll probably wisen up a little bit and choose not to pursue some of his crazier proposals.

Experienced advisers? One of his life's lessons is not to hire people smarter than himself. Not saying much. http://townhall.com...
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:27:34 AM
At 10/13/2016 4:54:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

He'll get impeached no doubt. His own party has dumped him.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:36:10 AM
At 10/13/2016 11:25:55 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Peepette's links are of economists who are purely speculating. Here is a link to his policies, and I support all his economic policies. He does care about single moms, and he does care about working people, as well as married couples with kids. Out of any political, his economic polices are the most family friendly that I've ever seen. I am voting for him because i think if his policies were implemented it would give Americans a sense of self sufficiency.

I think leading economist, including a Nobel Prize winner on the economy, know what they are doing when analysing the ripple affects of his proposals. You need to go beyond the propaganda of a candidate's web site where digging into what could occur is evaluated by experts in the field. It's just like falling for what ever the media tells the public, there's a slant and undisclosed details.

Also, I agree with you, I think if he was elected PC bullcrap would greatly diminish, but people would be so busy rebuilding their lives due to self- empowering economic policies, that they wouldn't see as much of a need to look for fault in others, as everyone seems to be focused on now.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:46:57 AM
At 10/13/2016 8:52:32 PM, v3nesl wrote:

The blind cannot see.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
https://www.reddit.com...
http://fortune.com...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:25:42 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:36:10 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 10/13/2016 11:25:55 PM, Emmarie wrote:

I think leading economist, including a Nobel Prize winner on the economy, know what they are doing when analysing the ripple affects of his proposals. You need to go beyond the propaganda of a candidate's web site where digging into what could occur is evaluated by experts in the field. It's just like falling for what ever the media tells the public, there's a slant and undisclosed details.
I don't give a shyt about what some hoity toity economist spews. Nothing like Trump's policies have ever been implemented, so it is impossible to know the outcomes....One thing that is superb about his policies is that they are geared at helping American's to be truly self empowered. Who else is advocating for not only a tax break for households (single or married) for up to 4 kids and up to $500 fund matching in the form of a tax return for parents who start a tax exempt savings account for their kids? This is one example of a policy that would motivate individuals and families to want to be self-sufficient through self- empowerment.

"All taxpayers would be able to establish Dependent Care Savings Accounts (DCSAs) for the benefit of specific individuals, including unborn children. Total annual contributions to a DCSA are limited to $2,000 per year from all sources, which include the account owner (parent in the case of a minor or the person establishing elder care account), immediate family members of the account owner, and the employer of the account owner. When established for children, the funds remaining in the account when the child reaches 18 can be used for education expenses, but additional contributions could not be made.

To encourage lower-income families to establish DCSAs for their children, the government will provide a 50 percent match on parental contributions of up to $1,000 per year for these households. When parents fill out their taxes they can check a box to directly deposit any portion of their EITC into their Dependent Care Savings Account. All deposits and earnings thereon will be free from taxation, and unused balances can rollover from year to year."

Also just to let you know I will not respond to you if you do not format your responses to me according to the correct number of dots for who said what in our conversations. There is a "review" button for a reason, and if my words aren't represented by me typing them, than i won't respond to you.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:44:13 AM
At 10/13/2016 10:46:51 PM, Raisor wrote:

If you think electing Trump will magically resolve the culture war you are very naive.
I must be naive then, because I think his policies if implemented would diminish the "culture war" very much.

My single biggest fear about a Trump victory is that it will legitimize the violence he has done to political norms in the US. It is unacceptable to lay the groundwork for claims the election was rigged. It is unacceptable to give winks and nods to foreign powers interfering with our election. It is unacceptable to threaten businessman and journalists who oppose you. It is unacceptable to condone violence at political rallies.

You underestimate the damage an authoritarian president could do given the tools at the disposal of the executive branch.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 2:16:36 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:46:57 AM, Peepette wrote:

The blind cannot see.

I remember hearing a CNN analyst describing Trump's statements about helping inner city Blacks as divisive, and out of touch with the black community. What that analyst chose to hear was Trump suggesting that all Blacks live in the inner city.

If we have gotten to that point, the point where helping the minority poor is a 3rd rail for any political candidate that won't use the proper PC speech, then the priorities of our country are completely backwards, and we deserve the future we got. If you think ignoring the plight of disenfranchised minorities does not promote cultural divisiveness, you deserve the inevitable riots.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 2:51:49 AM
At 10/14/2016 2:16:36 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/14/2016 12:46:57 AM, Peepette wrote:

The blind cannot see.

I remember hearing a CNN analyst describing Trump's statements about helping inner city Blacks as divisive, and out of touch with the black community. What that analyst chose to hear was Trump suggesting that all Blacks live in the inner city.

If we have gotten to that point, the point where helping the minority poor is a 3rd rail for any political candidate that won't use the proper PC speech, then the priorities of our country are completely backwards, and we deserve the future we got. If you think ignoring the plight of disenfranchised minorities does not promote cultural divisiveness, you deserve the inevitable riots.
Wow - extreme, but warranted. The thing is - people who live in inner cities don't want to riot. The PC bullcrap is causing frustration there as well and without real opportunity to change conditions for themselves these trolls who claim to speak for inner city residents misrepresent the way people communicate behind closed doors.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 3:30:55 AM
At 10/14/2016 1:44:13 AM, Emmarie wrote:
At 10/13/2016 10:46:51 PM, Raisor wrote:

I must be naive then, because I think his policies if implemented would diminish the "culture war" very much.

I think you misunderstand the term "culture war". It became a common term in the 1990s to describe the conservative, evangelical Christian struggle against the liberal push for commonplace same-sex unions, abortion (which had already been achieved by that point, but still), etc. It does not apply to race relations.

The DDO Blog:

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 3:47:28 AM
At 10/13/2016 4:48:41 PM, WizardOfSnakes wrote:

How is clinton a threat to your rights and to national security? Explain.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 3:51:38 AM

Probably? PROBABLY? Okay...that's where I stopped reading, because you were already grasping at straws to justify your decision.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...