Jump to topic:

This Forum

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:10:10 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This forum has become crowded with garbage threads about Trump and Hillary. Whether it's brontraptor's usual spam of idiocy or whether it's the general leftist rambling on about how Republicans are racists - this forum has turned to trash.

Can we get back to discussing generalities and universal propositions instead of talking about Trump endlessly? The forum before this election used to be about specific issues and now it's plastered with crap about political candidates...
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:16:23 AM
Yep...it's even more tedious for someone who isn't even from the U.S. Their elections are obviously significant but literally every post nowadays in this forum is about Trump and Hillary.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:18:45 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:16:23 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Yep...it's even more tedious for someone who isn't even from the U.S. Their elections are obviously significant but literally every post nowadays in this forum is about Trump and Hillary.

It would be more entertaining if the discussions weren't muddled with presumptuous idiots.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:22:38 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:10:10 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
This forum has become crowded with garbage threads about Trump and Hillary. Whether it's brontraptor's usual spam of idiocy or whether it's the general leftist rambling on about how Republicans are racists - this forum has turned to trash.

Can we get back to discussing generalities and universal propositions instead of talking about Trump endlessly? The forum before this election used to be about specific issues and now it's plastered with crap about political candidates...

Yeah....its just forum posts about scandals after scandal of both candidates. Its one thing to theorize, debate and discuss the policies and ideas of the candidate but we have gone passed that

And bronto got banned so that was great
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:33:53 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:22:38 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Yeah....its just forum posts about scandals after scandal of both candidates. Its one thing to theorize, debate and discuss the policies and ideas of the candidate but we have gone passed that

Bronto got banned? since when?

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:38:46 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:33:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Bronto got banned? since when?

The weekend. Even when none election posts are made they don't gain much traction. Several just today.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:40:15 AM

Probably the best thing I've heard all week.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:42:22 AM

Well... For starters, link me to "leftist rambling on about how republicans are racists". Second, we are in the end of the general election. It will be wall-to-wall Trump/Clinton till the end of November.

It will be better when the election is over.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:43:27 AM

I am telling you. The last weeks of an election have nothing to do with deep dives into abstract policy. Plenty of time for that later.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:50:04 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:42:22 AM, TBR wrote:

Well... For starters, link me to "leftist rambling on about how republicans are racists". Second, we are in the end of the general election. It will be wall-to-wall Trump/Clinton till the end of November.

Scroll through the politics forum and find it yourself. I'm not here to engage in any form of conversation with you, nor do I care enough to provide evidence to any point you are trying to refute.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:53:18 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:50:04 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Scroll through the politics forum and find it yourself. I'm not here to engage in any form of conversation with you, nor do I care enough to provide evidence to any point you are trying to refute.

Sure seems like I can ignore this as bullsh1t then.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:55:59 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:53:18 AM, TBR wrote:

Sure. Go right ahead. I won't do anything to stop you.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:13:33 AM
At 10/14/2016 12:55:59 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Inflammatory unsubstantiated statements about other users on this site, and it is YOU who is calling for seriousness? Please...

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:27:47 AM
At 10/14/2016 1:13:33 AM, TBR wrote:

Inflammatory unsubstantiated statements about other users on this site, and it is YOU who is calling for seriousness? Please...

Didn't you just say you were going to ignore this thread?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:33:12 AM
At 10/14/2016 1:27:47 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

No. That is not what I said at all. Did you even bother to read what I said?

I am ignoring your claim that "lefties" on this site "ramble" about Republicans being "racist".

I know, I know, you want serious stuff, like the preposterous notion you push that trickle-down works despite decades of proof it is terrible, and every serious economists have abandoned it.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:07:21 AM
Regardless though, I think the majority of discussions ought to be about the US election. LIke 90%, not 100% though.

But they ought to be more about policy, the racism is getting old. The racism ought to be a side point not the main show. Way more policy ought to be talked about
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 11:12:59 AM
At 10/14/2016 1:33:12 AM, TBR wrote:

I am ignoring your claim that "lefties" on this site "ramble" about Republicans being "racist".

I know, I know, you want serious stuff, like the preposterous notion you push that trickle-down works despite decades of proof it is terrible, and every serious economists have abandoned it.

FLAME WAR

GET DOWN BEFORE YOU GET ROASTED
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:14:06 PM

Perhaps it is best not to resort to flaming via condescension?
Meh!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:15:21 PM

What? You don't think a US Presidential candidate who claims that the other candidate is working with international banks to destroy the US is news worthy?

There are very few policy positions to discuss. There is a huge problem this election cycle on the integrity of both candidates. The problem isn't that it is being discussed. The problem is the complete bs of not recognizing the complete lack of integrity.

Policy these days is about rhetoric because the masses eyes glaze over.

Take Obama care. H laid out a detailed plan to keep some of the benefits such as prior conditions or kids up to 26, but we really don't know what is getting stripped out.

T said he is going to repeal it and give grant blocks to states to expand Medicaid.

Most people have zero understanding of the implications of both. There is not even enough detail to guess the implications of Trump's programs. Is he bringing back preexisting conditions? How is he going to usurp state regulation to create a national exchange? Will the governors go for it?

You are right in that we should be discussing these things, but you are also wrong that discussions of character and integrity are irrelevant.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 12:50:55 PM

it's all "he said she said", though I think we are running out of topics, the sjw stuff was fun but that's over, hopefully we can come up with fresher topics and arguments, we are stuck in a loop of rehashing the same stuff.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:13:59 PM
At 10/14/2016 12:14:06 PM, Axonly wrote:

Perhaps it is best not to resort to flaming via condescension?

Nah.

This thin skinned user can prattle on about meanie "lefties" but not show any. Call anyone who talks about economic issues "stupid" while never defend his love with the demonstrably disastrous trickle down.

So. No. I can't stop condescending.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:24:04 PM
At 10/14/2016 12:15:21 PM, slo1 wrote:

What? You don't think a US Presidential candidate who claims that the other candidate is working with international banks to destroy the US is news worthy?

There are very few policy positions to discuss. There is a huge problem this election cycle on the integrity of both candidates. The problem isn't that it is being discussed. The problem is the complete bs of not recognizing the complete lack of integrity.

Take Obama care. H laid out a detailed plan to keep some of the benefits such as prior conditions or kids up to 26, but we really don't know what is getting stripped out.

T said he is going to repeal it and give grant blocks to states to expand Medicaid.

Most people have zero understanding of the implications of both. There is not even enough detail to guess the implications of Trump's programs. Is he bringing back preexisting conditions? How is he going to usurp state regulation to create a national exchange? Will the governors go for it?

You are right in that we should be discussing these things, but you are also wrong that discussions of character and integrity are irrelevant.

There has never been an election like this, but to think that the weeks before the election deep policy discussions happen is not in keeping with our history.

Trump took this season exactly where he wanted it early on. Talking about nonsense, not policy. When the candidates build the platform is BEFORE the conventions. That is done. Want to know what Clinton is talking about, go read it. Its all right there. Trump spent all the time when policy is formed talking about the other guys wife's, and tweeting about "weak leader".

While I have little real love for Clinton, she has run a very competent campaign. Looking at the swill we are in now and saying "they both look the same" or worse "its the Clinton people that wont be serious" is preposterous. Trump has not been serious for one second. If any of his "punches" were landing, not one Trump supporter would be asking to pivot to issues. This is deflection done badly.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:25:57 PM
At 10/14/2016 12:50:55 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

it's all "he said she said", though I think we are running out of topics, the sjw stuff was fun but that's over, hopefully we can come up with fresher topics and arguments, we are stuck in a loop of rehashing the same stuff.

No it's not "he said she said".

It he admitted, they confirmed.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:28:11 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:25:57 PM, TBR wrote:

sigh, he says stuff about her, she says stuff about him do be so myopic
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:42:04 PM
Ok enough senseless rambling... let's get this thread back on track:

Trump and his supporters are racists. I'd rather have crooked Hillary but really what I'm praying for is an incapacitating stroke so that Tim Kaine can be president.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:47:43 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:28:11 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:25:57 PM, TBR wrote:

sigh, he says stuff about her, she says stuff about him do be so myopic

This is not some small point. The guy bragged about what he does. Women come along to confirm what he said. YOU start to dismiss it as a "he said, she said". That is simply not true. If you can't understand the difference, well, I don't know what to say. The women are not making unsubstantiated accusations. They are substantiated by Trump himself.

Now, you can say you don't care. That is fine, but stop playing this like there is equal defense here. Women and men all over America will decide what this means to them. While he was well on his way to a lose without this stuff, it is sure enough to make it a landslide.

Just as an after thought. My sister last night mentioned the time Carter said in Playboy that he had "lust in his heart" and the evangelicals jumped the he11 up and down for weeks. Can you imagine how far out of line this crap is when juxtaposed with that?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:52:49 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:24:04 PM, TBR wrote:

There has never been an election like this, but to think that the weeks before the election deep policy discussions happen is not in keeping with our history.

Trump took this season exactly where he wanted it early on. Talking about nonsense, not policy. When the candidates build the platform is BEFORE the conventions. That is done. Want to know what Clinton is talking about, go read it. Its all right there. Trump spent all the time when policy is formed talking about the other guys wife's, and tweeting about "weak leader".

While I have little real love for Clinton, she has run a very competent campaign. Looking at the swill we are in now and saying "they both look the same" or worse "its the Clinton people that wont be serious" is preposterous. Trump has not been serious for one second. If any of his "punches" were landing, not one Trump supporter would be asking to pivot to issues. This is deflection done badly.

I agree that Clinton can't even be compared to Trump. There are surely integrity and sincerity issues, however she has clearly demonstrated she is not nearly as spiteful and knee jerk reactionary as Trump. She also has not misrepresentation policy positions to distract from a lack of knowledge. One can easily argue that the number of Trump statements that require clarification of, "he really didn't mean....", Indicates he is clearly a terrible communicator.

They are clearly not on the same level when it comes to their negative attributes.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 5:01:03 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:52:49 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:24:04 PM, TBR wrote:

I agree that Clinton can't even be compared to Trump. There are surely integrity and sincerity issues, however she has clearly demonstrated she is not nearly as spiteful and knee jerk reactionary as Trump. She also has not misrepresentation policy positions to distract from a lack of knowledge. One can easily argue that the number of Trump statements that require clarification of, "he really didn't mean....", Indicates he is clearly a terrible communicator.

They are clearly not on the same level when it comes to their negative attributes.

I'll make it even simpler: for Trump supporters to defend his bad behavior by pointing to clintons bad behavior is, to use language far younger than my years, 'weak sauce'.