Jump to topic:

Ginsberg on kaepernick

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:32:21 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Posted here because it is a Supreme Court justice and a liberal one at that. I find humor in her comments (although I find them off base).

Many support Colin for his'courageous' stance. Others knock for being disrespectful. Me I don't give a shlt... that's what expression is about (besides he's been god awful the last 2 years).

For those that back Ginsberg's intern of the constitution as a living document, does it bother you she is taking a social stance against this movement bother you?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:53:38 PM
At 10/14/2016 1:32:21 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Posted here because it is a Supreme Court justice and a liberal one at that. I find humor in her comments (although I find them off base).

Many support Colin for his'courageous' stance. Others knock for being disrespectful. Me I don't give a shlt... that's what expression is about (besides he's been god awful the last 2 years).

For those that back Ginsberg's intern of the constitution as a living document, does it bother you she is taking a social stance against this movement bother you?

that is pretty strange, hypocritical for sure but guess you can't expect much considering the source.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:57:49 PM
At 10/14/2016 1:53:38 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

that is pretty strange, hypocritical for sure but guess you can't expect much considering the source.

Funny though! I love irony.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 2:15:28 PM

It doesn't bother me. Lot of people put extra importance on symbols relating to nation or religion.

There is this perception that the justices are not supposed to express opinions. I am a little mixed whether that is good or not. We all know that they do have opinions and the vetting process is designed to inquire a bit about their opinions thus fit to the court. It would be easier to vet judges and expose conflicts of interest if they were vocal.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 2:23:56 PM
At 10/14/2016 2:15:28 PM, slo1 wrote:

It doesn't bother me. Lot of people put extra importance on symbols relating to nation or religion.

There is this perception that the justices are not supposed to express opinions. I am a little mixed whether that is good or not. We all know that they do have opinions and the vetting process is designed to inquire a bit about their opinions thus fit to the court. It would be easier to vet judges and expose conflicts of interest if they were vocal.

I think it's when they make it public that makes it an issue, they are held to a different and perhaps an extreme standard and they should be, don't want to be held to that, give up the position, but then again maybe the public should be made better aware of their bias and inability to be neutral on the issues that are of up most importance.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 2:36:39 PM
At 10/14/2016 2:15:28 PM, slo1 wrote:

I disagree with many, if not most, of her voting record. But I'll defend her in this record: she doesn't want to silence him. In the interview she compared it to flag burning.

She and I even say it in similar ways: dumb but not 'wrong'.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:19:24 PM
New respect for Shady. Class. (Note read the story not just headline before weighing in).
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:20:01 PM

I don't know what you mean about her taking a social stance against this movement. She just said that she thought what he did was dumb, but that it should be protected, like flag burning. She's just giving her opinion on what he did because she was asked about it.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:29:06 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:20:01 PM, Burzmali wrote:

I don't know what you mean about her taking a social stance against this movement. She just said that she thought what he did was dumb, but that it should be protected, like flag burning. She's just giving her opinion on what he did because she was asked about it.

She did say 'protests' referring to those who have adopted his initial act. That's all I mean by 'movement'. Granted, stance could be interpreted as you seem to have. If commenting is more suited, that's fine.

No harm, no foul.

Plus something other than clinton-trump. Lol
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 6:04:59 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:29:06 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

She did say 'protests' referring to those who have adopted his initial act. That's all I mean by 'movement'. Granted, stance could be interpreted as you seem to have. If commenting is more suited, that's fine.

No harm, no foul.

Fair enough. It is nice to see a thread about something else here.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 6:08:27 PM
At 10/14/2016 6:04:59 PM, Burzmali wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:29:06 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

No harm, no foul.

Fair enough. It is nice to see a thread about something else here.

I've posted several actually... yet it's all clinton all trump which is boring as it's the same folks repeating the same things over the last year. Trumps a racist/misogynist. Clintons corrupt and killed people in Benghazi. Boring.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 6:34:17 PM
At 10/14/2016 4:19:24 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
New respect for Shady. Class. (Note read the story not just headline before weighing in).

The Notorious RBG strikes again. Fear the frill!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 8:30:16 PM

got link?
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 9:28:39 PM
At 10/14/2016 8:30:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

got link?

My bad. Thought I posted earlier!

http://www.foxnews.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 9:36:49 PM
At 10/14/2016 9:28:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

got link?

She redacted her comments.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 9:48:26 PM
At 10/14/2016 9:36:49 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/14/2016 9:28:39 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

got link?

She redacted her comments.

Her doing that has nothing to do with Shady inviting cops to the bills game...

And her doing that just makes her look like a d.bag