Posted: 1 month ago
- Stagnation.
- Corruption.
- Immigration.
- Censorship.
- Division.
- Pettiness.
- Weakness.

These are the classic signs of a crumbling civilization. By the end of the century, we'll have gone the way of Rome.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:25:49 AM
At 10/15/2016 1:49:54 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
- Stagnation.
- Corruption.
- Immigration.
- Censorship.
- Division.
- Pettiness.
- Weakness.

These are the classic signs of a crumbling civilization. By the end of the century, we'll have gone the way of Rome.

Agreed
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:07:21 AM
To clarify, I don't think Western Civilization will fall entirely. Australia and New Zealand will probably survive its collapse, just as Byzantium survived the fall of Rome, and will together comprise the Australasian civilization. The US and Russia will probably have WW3 in the next couple of decades, so China will become the new world power. China is on good terms with Australia and New Zealand as far as I know, so I doubt they'll go to war. Meanwhile, North America, Europe, and Russia will return to the Dark Ages.

So, tips for surviving:

1. Move to Australia, New Zealand, or one of the nicer Asian countries.
2. Become fluent in Chinese language and culture.
3. Buy an ocean-faring yacht. It makes travel easier.
4. Keep your gun on the yacht. Most countries lack the right to bear arms.