Jump to topic:

Evolving Thoughts on Michelle Obama

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:43:34 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
There was a point where I had mixed feelings about Michelle Obama, namely because she didn't especially settle in gracefully to public life. But, as time has gone on, she has proven to be one of the most dignified first ladies, if not *the* most dignified first ladies, who has ever held the title.

Aside from being an excellent public speaker, she's a fantastic role model who has used her position to actively do good in the world. The school lunch thing I thought was absurd, but I understand the position she was coming from even if it was executed poorly. Though, that's a trivial detail.

The more I see Michelle campaign for Hillary, though, the more I like Michelle. I still have a lukewarm affinity to Hillary Clinton. Obviously I respect Hillary as a political leader, for what she is and for what she has done--liking her is another matter. But I like Michelle Obama; she's got a radiant personality, and really can command an audience better than any first lady I can recall having watched give a speech.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:48:03 AM
At 10/16/2016 3:43:34 AM, YYW wrote:
There was a point where I had mixed feelings about Michelle Obama, namely because she didn't especially settle in gracefully to public life. But, as time has gone on, she has proven to be one of the most dignified first ladies, if not *the* most dignified first ladies, who has ever held the title.

Aside from being an excellent public speaker, she's a fantastic role model who has used her position to actively do good in the world. The school lunch thing I thought was absurd, but I understand the position she was coming from even if it was executed poorly. Though, that's a trivial detail.

The more I see Michelle campaign for Hillary, though, the more I like Michelle. I still have a lukewarm affinity to Hillary Clinton. Obviously I respect Hillary as a political leader, for what she is and for what she has done--liking her is another matter. But I like Michelle Obama; she's got a radiant personality, and really can command an audience better than any first lady I can recall having watched give a speech.

Me too.

I love her, but my respect for her grows by the day. Can't wait to see what she decides to do in the years to come.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:07:22 AM
At 10/16/2016 10:50:51 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I was so hoping she would run for President

I think we should consider her involvement this year as the first step to just that.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:07:04 PM

Are you trolling? Or are you actually serious
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:48:17 PM

I would rather Michelle Obama be President than Hillary Clinton.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:23:22 PM

I agree she is a good political speaker.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:11:02 PM
Don't like but do respect her. Seems genuinely concerned for children's well being and keeping her kids out of the spotlight.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:35:12 PM

Michelle Obama has integrity, and carries herself with dignity. I think she is a great speaker, and i deeply respect her. I also think she is doing a great job of raising her daughters.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:40:03 PM
At 10/16/2016 10:50:51 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I was so hoping she would run for President

I had the same thought after her DNC speech. Her biggest qualification for President is that she wants nothing to do with being President. How do we convince people like that to stand up and run?
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:14:11 PM
At 10/16/2016 12:48:17 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I'll agree with that. Don't particularly like Michelle, but she's certainly got far more integrity and honesty.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:38:48 PM
At 10/16/2016 4:14:11 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:

I'll agree with that. Don't particularly like Michelle, but she's certainly got far more integrity and honesty.

Yup, there would be many many Presidents that Michelle. But, Hillary sucks.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:47:29 PM
At 10/16/2016 4:38:48 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/16/2016 4:14:11 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:

Yup, there would be many many Presidents that Michelle. But, Hillary sucks.

I don't know that I would want Michelle as president right now or not, but I agree she'd make a fine one.
Tsar of DDO