Jump to topic:

Domestic terrorism-kansas

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 3:59:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
These guys are Really doing their cause a benefit. Good thing one of the idiots decided to abuse his gf (no, not condoning that. It's why the FBI acted now rather than later).

https://www.google.com...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:18:47 PM
At 10/16/2016 3:59:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
These guys are Really doing their cause a benefit. Good thing one of the idiots decided to abuse his gf (no, not condoning that. It's why the FBI acted now rather than later).

I read this earlier and was planning on posting this here; there's often all too much of a focus on Islamic terrorism; but certainly there is a lot of SC activity in Kansas, and it scared the sh*t out of me when I was there.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 11:26:49 PM
At 10/16/2016 11:18:47 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

I read this earlier and was planning on posting this here; there's often all too much of a focus on Islamic terrorism; but certainly there is a lot of SC activity in Kansas, and it scared the sh*t out of me when I was there.

SC: sovereign citizen?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:26:42 AM

I started two posts to this on my phone (been busy today) and ditched each. Just a short note...

1) Our LEO works very well to find this stuff.
2) They were obviously idiots.
3) What makes anyone believe that the disjointed Islamic terrorist is any more competent?

I am happy that they were found and stopped. This is not going to be the last from the far right before this election is in the books.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:36:07 AM

What's astonishing is that people think that only Muslims are the ones who present a threat to national security. This is hardly the case. The threat from white nationalist groups is real and people should acknowledge it.
Tsar of DDO
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:44:18 AM
At 10/17/2016 12:26:42 AM, TBR wrote:

I started two posts to this on my phone (been busy today) and ditched each. Just a short note...

3) What makes anyone believe that the disjointed Islamic terrorist is any more competent?

I am happy that they were found and stopped. This is not going to be the last from the far right before this election is in the books.

Not sure who did the NC Molotov cocktail on the RNC HQ in NC but domestic idiots aren't tied to just 1 or 2 ideolaologies. Getting 'radicalized' can happen to any activist. Most are white currently aligned with racial motives. Thankfully most are also incompetent and addled with drug and alcohol issues making them prone to careless errors.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:45:29 AM
At 10/17/2016 12:44:18 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 12:26:42 AM, TBR wrote:

Not sure who did the NC Molotov cocktail on the RNC HQ in NC but domestic idiots aren't tied to just 1 or 2 ideolaologies. Getting 'radicalized' can happen to any activist. Most are white currently aligned with racial motives. Thankfully most are also incompetent and addled with drug and alcohol issues making them prone to careless errors.

Agreed.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:47:27 AM

I have become close with LEO in the last six or so years. These guys are not all donut chomping fat-a$$es. They are smart, use technology, they are all over this sh1t.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:58:12 AM
At 10/17/2016 12:47:27 AM, TBR wrote:

I have become close with LEO in the last six or so years. These guys are not all donut chomping fat-a$$es. They are smart, use technology, they are all over this sh1t.

My brother in law is in the FBI organized crime unit. Originally he was assigned to Italian families in one of the 3 largest cities in the country. Told him he was lucky he didn't get the Russians. 2 years later he did. That thanksgiving he pulled me to the side and asked 'how the hell did you know they were so sadistic?' Lol
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:02:11 AM
At 10/17/2016 12:58:12 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

My brother in law is in the FBI organized crime unit. Originally he was assigned to Italian families in one of the 3 largest cities in the country. Told him he was lucky he didn't get the Russians. 2 years later he did. That thanksgiving he pulled me to the side and asked 'how the hell did you know they were so sadistic?' Lol

I have been dealing with high end security (from technology) and lots of overlap with police, dept of homeland security etc. They are dealing with some cool issues (from my tech\data) perspective. I say again, they are much more suffocated than I thought. Behind financial where I came from, but lust fot more data.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:23:36 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:02:11 AM, TBR wrote:

I have been dealing with high end security (from technology) and lots of overlap with police, dept of homeland security etc. They are dealing with some cool issues (from my tech\data) perspective. I say again, they are much more suffocated than I thought. Behind financial where I came from, but lust fot more data.

Some of the Feds methods are very questionable but I wouldn't get into that in an open forum as I was privy to that on confidentiality. I have had to data mine for the DEA and they completely misused the reports and would not let me scrub it correctly. I left that position when people had to come out of pocket to defend themselves when I knew they had done nothing wrong.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:34:11 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:23:36 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Some of the Feds methods are very questionable but I wouldn't get into that in an open forum as I was privy to that on confidentiality. I have had to data mine for the DEA and they completely misused the reports and would not let me scrub it correctly. I left that position when people had to come out of pocket to defend themselves when I knew they had done nothing wrong.

I would guess we share some professional background and expertise. People misuse and misunderstand how to use data all the time.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:36:25 AM
I have some great examples of my last point in the banking world. People so missing the point of what the data was. People suffer from confirmation bias all the time, but this is different. We are talking about looking at crap and having no idea what to even ask.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:42:53 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:34:11 AM, TBR wrote:

I would guess we share some professional background and expertise. People misuse and misunderstand how to use data all the time.

SAS Sql ssis ssas etl xml... part of the skill set. Trend analytics is fun especially my previous roles led me to it vs going to school for it.

Often I read this or that study and have a pretty good idea if the query was iffy. We refer to it as crap on, crap out. Lol
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:48:26 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:42:53 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

SAS Sql ssis ssas etl xml... part of the skill set. Trend analytics is fun especially my previous roles led me to it vs going to school for it.

Often I read this or that study and have a pretty good idea if the query was iffy. We refer to it as crap on, crap out. Lol

Yea, I think we stomp the same ground.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:04:45 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:48:26 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:42:53 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Yea, I think we stomp the same ground. I actually prefer SAS. Enterprise guide keeps typos to a minimum. Lol but as long as one know the metadata they are both useful.

This new contract I should sign on Wednesday I have to take 4 different lob's , create a stage in ssis from 20 something source systems, send a parsed flat file to a third part and then send the rest to edw. Eventually it will be a redesign of their edw. During the interview, I vasixally had to sketch it out for them and I've never seen their Rd. Lol