Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sieben's Political Quiz 0.1

Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:06:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is question 1 literally what is the Government, or what should the Government be?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:06:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Q: "Gay marriage"

A: "Government shouldn't provide fire departments"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:08:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 12:06:43 PM, m93samman wrote:
Q: "Gay marriage"

A: "Government shouldn't provide fire departments"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, that last one was funny. But I'm a little sad, I was hoping for results and such.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:10:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 12:08:29 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/17/2011 12:06:43 PM, m93samman wrote:
Q: "Gay marriage"

A: "Government shouldn't provide fire departments"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, that last one was funny. But I'm a little sad, I was hoping for results and such.

as was I. Sieben just wants our answers so he can stalk our children and write protest essays against our conservo-fascist leaders
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:10:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Question 2 is flawed, there is no fundemental source of order. Order is a product.

Also we can tick more than one box, is that intentional?

Also... where do we get our results!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:10:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 12:10:03 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 1/17/2011 12:08:29 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/17/2011 12:06:43 PM, m93samman wrote:
Q: "Gay marriage"

A: "Government shouldn't provide fire departments"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, that last one was funny. But I'm a little sad, I was hoping for results and such.

as was I. Sieben just wants our answers so he can stalk our children and write protest essays against our conservo-fascist leaders

I don't see how our answers are going to help him write an essay, but okay.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:12:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A government is multiple things.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:13:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
and what is order?

No, it's not baby don't chaos me.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:18:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 12:06:03 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is question 1 literally what is the Government, or what should the Government be?

What it is.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:44:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For the last question "Yes, I am a faggy democrat and being liberal makes me feel better about myself even though I'm a pathetic failure in life compared to libertarian engineers"

Put down yes, even though that was the greatest straw man argument ever.
(and i'm not a democract)
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 12:53:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I really liked the format, but the questions sucked. The brevity of the test also gives me serious concerns as to being able to compartmentalize political/socioeconomic beliefs.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 1:31:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Answering government shouldn't provide fire departments twice = more consistent, right?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 1:31:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 12:53:36 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I really liked the format, but the questions sucked. The brevity of the test also gives me serious concerns as to being able to compartmentalize political/socioeconomic beliefs.

Yeah, but what of it?
Are we getting graded?
Is there any follow up thread describing folks here?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 1:52:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah, but what of it?
Are we getting graded?
Is there any follow up thread describing folks here?:

I posted a political quiz that is supposed to determine your political/socioeconomic beliefs. Sieben claimed it was dumb and said he could come up with a better test.

Well, it was vastly worse, so I was commenting on it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 2:50:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/17/2011 1:56:05 PM, Sieben wrote:
In what way is it worse? I even have a gay marriage question.

A loaded one :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
HatedeatH
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 4:22:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That last question was incredibly biased. I didn't like it.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 4:42:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
On "Should the United States redistribute wealth from the Rich Americans to Needy Americans?"

I need the answer:

Yes, but it's not the government's job.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord