Jump to topic:

What should Trump do to get even?

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:58:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Being as Trump is 70, he must be thinking about retirement.
After having made all the money he can spend, running for President was a new challenge to make life interesting.
If he loses, he does not have a regular job he has to go back to, he doesn't need to earn more money. He has only a few years left before he wont be too old to have fun. It seems to me job#1 is to get revenge for everything that has happened this year.
There are the Clintons and every thing they did to get the White House back.
There is the news and media people who have made him look like a fool.
There is also the republican party. They abandoned him.
There are still the social conservatives or religious right. He did accept their belief on abortion and they forgave him for his 2 divorces and dating other women before divorcing the woman who was his current wife. As soon as it became obvious he would not defeat the Clintons, they essentially said "screw you, we are gonna work on helping our guys in congress."
I would go with putting on a sit-com with 2 characters based on Bill and Hill, who live in the white house and have liberal friends who are portrayed as walking garbage.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 7:01:04 PM
At 10/17/2016 6:58:29 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
After having made all the money he can spend, running for President was a new challenge to make life interesting.
If he loses, he does not have a regular job he has to go back to, he doesn't need to earn more money. He has only a few years left before he wont be too old to have fun. It seems to me job#1 is to get revenge for everything that has happened this year.
There are still the social conservatives or religious right. He did accept their belief on abortion and they forgave him for his 2 divorces and dating other women before divorcing the woman who was his current wife. As soon as it became obvious he would not defeat the Clintons, they essentially said "screw you, we are gonna work on helping our guys in congress."
I would go with putting on a sit-com with 2 characters based on Bill and Hill, who live in the white house and have liberal friends who are portrayed as walking garbage.

It sounds like he is going to explore this "news channel" idea. My bet it will flop like many of his ventures, but we will see.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 7:20:22 PM
Don't quite get the 'revenge' angle. People make temporary alliances all the time.

Revenge is NEVER a healthy motivator. Justice is. Was he treated fairly? Is anyone ever treated fairly?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 7:23:11 PM
At 10/17/2016 7:20:22 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Don't quite get the 'revenge' angle. People make temporary alliances all the time.

Revenge is NEVER a healthy motivator. Justice is. Was he treated fairly? Is anyone ever treated fairly?

The man has had a "revenge" bent for as long as I can remember.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 7:32:13 PM
At 10/17/2016 7:23:11 PM, TBR wrote:

Probably why he's had pretty much no shot at this election.

There is a conception that Americans, snowflake crackas in particular, are all about revenge. Even after 9-11, although there was war, there was remarkable restraint by the populace here. There was some anti-Muslim violence as should be expected when dealing with humanity... just as I expect anti-western violence for a long time from the Middle East, and eventually Africa (thanks colonial Europe). Kind of seeing the beginnings in the Philippines with one of our few overt imperialistic adventures.

But ultimately that revenge never leads to healing. It also never leads to justice. Restraint... one of the most difficult human endeavors.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 7:50:30 PM
At 10/17/2016 7:01:04 PM, TBR wrote:

It sounds like he is going to explore this "news channel" idea. My bet it will flop like many of his ventures, but we will see.

never under estimate the power of a cult following, even Alex Jones has listeners
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:48:07 PM
At 10/17/2016 7:50:30 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 7:01:04 PM, TBR wrote:

never under estimate the power of a cult following, even Alex Jones has listeners

Honestly, that anyone listens to Alex Jones makes me very sad.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:49:38 PM
At 10/17/2016 7:32:13 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

There is a conception that Americans, snowflake crackas in particular, are all about revenge. Even after 9-11, although there was war, there was remarkable restraint by the populace here. There was some anti-Muslim violence as should be expected when dealing with humanity... just as I expect anti-western violence for a long time from the Middle East, and eventually Africa (thanks colonial Europe). Kind of seeing the beginnings in the Philippines with one of our few overt imperialistic adventures.

But ultimately that revenge never leads to healing. It also never leads to justice. Restraint... one of the most difficult human endeavors.

I agree.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:56:53 PM
Well, you're one of those cultist crackpots. You even watch and spread documentaries forwarded by Jeff Rense, who out-crazies Alex Jones. You're practically one breath from believing the world is a hologram controlled by reptiles.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:08:58 PM
At 10/17/2016 10:56:53 PM, NHN wrote:
Well, you're one of those cultist crackpots. You even watch and spread documentaries forwarded by Jeff Rense, who out-crazies Alex Jones. You're practically one breath from believing the world is a hologram controlled by reptiles.

You mean the reptilians aren't real? What about the greys or the nords???

That is quite disconcerting!
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:12:11 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:08:58 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

lol
This calls for the highlighting of a celebrated essay that improves with age (http://harpers.org...).
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:18:21 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:12:11 PM, NHN wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:08:58 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

lol
This calls for the highlighting of a celebrated essay that improves with age (http://harpers.org...).

Interesting take. 1964 no less.

Here's an interesting take on a certain view on the election circa 2002 I believe. Scroll down to the linked YouTube. Not for sensitive ears.

http://www.debate.org...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:31:31 AM
There were a few things Trump said that were funny and he seemed to be enjoying himself at the rallies.
There must be some people who could write jokes or funny stories who are conservatives, but they have not been successful in finding work because the people who would hire them think it is bad to make fun of liberal myths.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:45:12 PM

lol kids really do say the darnedest things. Your voice is probably changing and you are getting hair is new places, but you aren't grown up quite yet, why don't you go to your room for a little while, adults are trying to have a conversation here, maybe you can have some ice cream after dinner. make sure your homework is done and don't stay up too late.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:17:45 PM
At 10/18/2016 1:45:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
lol kids really do say the darnedest things. Your voice is probably changing and you are getting hair is new places, but you aren't grown up quite yet, why don't you go to your room for a little while, adults are trying to have a conversation here, maybe you can have some ice cream after dinner. make sure your homework is done and don't stay up too late.
Not owning up to your own actions, I see (http://www.debate.org...). Fluoridated water; precious bodily fluids.

And that quirky rambling is something you appear to do whenever you get nervous.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:32:02 PM
At 10/18/2016 5:17:45 PM, NHN wrote:
At 10/18/2016 1:45:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
Not owning up to your own actions, I see (http://www.debate.org...). Fluoridated water; precious bodily fluids.

And that quirky rambling is something you appear to do whenever you get nervous.

sure thing, be cool, stay in school, if you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd be a genius.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 11:52:36 PM

+1. Trump's spitefulness is why he would fail as a President. I once read a story how Albania reverted back to a revenge system of justice after the Soviet Union collapsed and law and order collapsed with it. Nobody wins in that system.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 11:54:00 PM

Well they did have some help.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:08:34 AM
At 10/18/2016 11:52:36 PM, slo1 wrote:

+1. Trump's spitefulness is why he would fail as a President. I once read a story how Albania reverted back to a revenge system of justice after the Soviet Union collapsed and law and order collapsed with it. Nobody wins in that system.

No to go comic book but that's why batsman and superman are more popular than ever...
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:17:10 AM
If Trump loses, he's going to crash hard. His reputation is already shot. His family barely tolerates him. Many people want him dead. Karma is going to rape him like a prison bitch.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:24:43 AM
At 10/19/2016 12:17:10 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
If Trump loses, he's going to crash hard. His reputation is already shot. His family barely tolerates him. Many people want him dead. Karma is going to rape him like a prison bitch.

Yup! He ruined his upscale brand. No one will want to license his name anymore.