Jump to topic:

Trump and Women

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:34:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
This October, in what had to be some of the most...*ahem* convenient timing of any such scandal, a flurry of women have suddenly come out and accused Trump of sexual assault, the accusations ranging from an unwanted kiss to downright rape.

I won't deny that in some areas women have it worse than men, but this is an example of female privilege: if any woman accuses any man of rape, regardless of whether he actually did and regardless of whether she presents any proof whatsoever, society will automatically believe the woman. It can take an incredible amount of effort to debunk a claim that any woman can make in five seconds, and even then there will still be those who think the man did it. A long time ago these kinds of accusations led to a lot of black men being lynched simply because some random white woman alleged that he raped her, as Skepsikyma so brilliantly pointed out.
On the other hand, if a man accuses a woman of rape, most people will assume that they had consenting sex, or that he "enjoyed" the rape, which in their eyes would make it not rape. So in effect a woman cannot be successfully accused of rape.

Now, why might a woman falsely make such a claim? Well, the reasons vary. The first is that doing so would thrust you into the public spotlight, which some people would see as being desirable. The second is that you're hoping for a settlement in court which would award her millions. In both cases, the higher status your target is, the greater the reward. If your target is a presidential candidate, it can REALLY pay off, especially if the candidate in question is one who the media hates (and thus they'll cover the allegations extensively in order to give the other candidate an edge).
A third reason is, of course, that you hate the person who you're accusing. Donald Trump has made comments which many people perceive to be racist and misogynist; understandably a lot of Democrats, feminists, and the likes want to see him defeated. If a few female Trump-haters were to accuse him of rape, that'd definitely hurt his chances, so there's definitely an incentive in this regard.
A fourth reason is that some third party is paying you to accuse the person in question (hmm, I wonder who that might be).

So at this point there's a 50% probability that the Trump accusers are being truthful, and it will remain that way until hard evidence is presented.
But how probable is it, based off what we know about Trump, that he did it? I mean, he has indisputably made negative comments about several women, right?
Well, there are a few things we need to clear up. First, Trump is capable of treating women with respect. One example is Louise Sunshine, who was Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization from 1973 to 1985. She stated that Trump treated her well (other than poking fun at her weight, if I'm not mistaken) and didn't act sexually inappropriate towards her during the 12 years that she worked directly under him as part of his inner circle. Then there's his daughter, Ivanka, who heads development and acquisitions in the Trump Organization.
Second, Trump is a billionaire. He doesn't need to go around raping people to get sex, and I have my doubts that he would continually risk committing rapes whenever it'd be so incredibly easy for his victims to tell on him.

Michael Jackson was accused of child molestation, but we don't go around thinking of him as a pedophile. So why aren't you giving Trump the benefit of the doubt? Is it because he says things that you don't like?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:35:52 PM
Oh, and I don't want to end up like Brontoraptor, so if the number of Trump threads I'm making amounts to spam in Airmax's opinion, he's free to come out and warn me, and I'll stop.

The DDO Blog:

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:36:22 PM
At 10/17/2016 9:34:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Michael Jackson was accused of child molestation, but we don't go around thinking of him as a pedophile.

I know a lot of people who think he was .-.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:37:10 PM
At 10/17/2016 9:36:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Michael Jackson was accused of child molestation, but we don't go around thinking of him as a pedophile.

Fair enough, I guess.

The DDO Blog:

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:37:55 PM
Second, Trump is a billionaire. He doesn't need to go around raping people to get sex, and I have my doubts that he would continually risk committing rapes whenever it'd be so incredibly easy for his victims to tell on him.

Umm... Bill Cosby.

---

I'll respond to all of this later.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:42:32 PM
Not saying this to be dismissive of your thread. My opinion is not shaped by groupthink or op ed pieces.

I just don't care. This election has been so charged, I firmly believe 90% of all commentary is over the top and exaggerated. I'll go so far as to say 'the existential threat posed by hillary's corrupt...' has also been exaggerated. And I can't stand her.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:45:58 PM
At 10/17/2016 9:42:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Not saying this to be dismissive of your thread. My opinion is not shaped by groupthink or op ed pieces.

I just don't care. This election has been so charged, I firmly believe 90% of all commentary is over the top and exaggerated. I'll go so far as to say 'the existential threat posed by hillary's corrupt...' has also been exaggerated. And I can't stand her.

Well, yeah. There's a ton of crap about Hillary circulating, as has been the case since the end of the 2012 election.

The DDO Blog:

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:49:03 PM
At 10/17/2016 9:45:58 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:42:32 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Well, yeah. There's a ton of crap about Hillary circulating, as has been the case since the end of the 2012 election.

She is crooked. And he is pretty douche... thought that since the you're fired show came on.

But the shlt being said about both has me literally tuned out to what either camp or their backers say.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:00:38 PM
This October, in what had to be some of the most...*ahem* convenient timing of any such scandal, a flurry of women have suddenly come out and accused Trump of sexual assault, the accusations ranging from an unwanted kiss to downright rape.

Not that 'suddenly', his ex-ex-wife actually accused him of rape years ago, but it resurfaced in light his pu$sy comments.

I won't deny that in some areas women have it worse than men, but this is an example of female privilege: if any woman accuses any man of rape, regardless of whether he actually did and regardless of whether she presents any proof whatsoever, society will automatically believe the woman. It can take an incredible amount of effort to debunk a claim that any woman can make in five seconds, and even then there will still be those who think the man did it. A long time ago these kinds of accusations led to a lot of black men being lynched simply because some random white woman alleged that he raped her, as Skepsikyma so brilliantly pointed out.
On the other hand, if a man accuses a woman of rape, most people will assume that they had consenting sex, or that he "enjoyed" the rape, which in their eyes would make it not rape. So in effect a woman cannot be successfully accused of rape.

Now, why might a woman falsely make such a claim? Well, the reasons vary. The first is that doing so would thrust you into the public spotlight, which some people would see as being desirable. The second is that you're hoping for a settlement in court which would award her millions. In both cases, the higher status your target is, the greater the reward. If your target is a presidential candidate, it can REALLY pay off, especially if the candidate in question is one who the media hates (and thus they'll cover the allegations extensively in order to give the other candidate an edge).
A third reason is, of course, that you hate the person who you're accusing. Donald Trump has made comments which many people perceive to be racist and misogynist; understandably a lot of Democrats, feminists, and the likes want to see him defeated. If a few female Trump-haters were to accuse him of rape, that'd definitely hurt his chances, so there's definitely an incentive in this regard.
A fourth reason is that some third party is paying you to accuse the person in question (hmm, I wonder who that might be).

So at this point there's a 50% probability that the Trump accusers are being truthful, and it will remain that way until hard evidence is presented.
But how probable is it, based off what we know about Trump, that he did it? I mean, he has indisputably made negative comments about several women, right?
Well, there are a few things we need to clear up. First, Trump is capable of treating women with respect. One example is Louise Sunshine, who was Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization from 1973 to 1985. She stated that Trump treated her well (other than poking fun at her weight, if I'm not mistaken) and didn't act sexually inappropriate towards her during the 12 years that she worked directly under him as part of his inner circle. Then there's his daughter, Ivanka, who heads development and acquisitions in the Trump Organization.

Michael Jackson was accused of child molestation, but we don't go around thinking of him as a pedophile. So why aren't you giving Trump the benefit of the doubt? Is it because he says things that you don't like?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:05:25 PM

Are you f**king kidding? Yea people think Michael Jackson was a pedophile.

As to your other point. False accusations of rape are rare. You can choose to ignore what these women are saying, that is fine, but I choose to give THEM the benefit of the doubt you insist I give Trump.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:15:39 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:05:25 PM, TBR wrote:

As to your other point. False accusations of rape are rare. You can choose to ignore what these women are saying, that is fine, but I choose to give THEM the benefit of the doubt you insist I give Trump.

Like I said, as it now stands it's 50/50 that Trump actually did what they're accusing him of doing. Despite this, a lot of voters have already concluded that Trump is a rapist.

The DDO Blog:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:20:03 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:15:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:05:25 PM, TBR wrote:

Like I said, as it now stands it's 50/50 that Trump actually did what they're accusing him of doing. Despite this, a lot of voters have already concluded that Trump is a rapist.

There are a lot of them. There is the 13 yo who has a rape case. There is his own ex-wife. Yea, there is lots of smoke. LOTS of smoke.

Regardless, it is up to everyone to make this decision. The guy who brags of molesting women. The guy who has a long history of derogatory remarks about women. The guy who has over 12 women say molested them. Make your own choice. I know way over 50% of women will take a pass.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:24:30 PM
At 10/17/2016 9:37:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Fair enough, I guess.

I have to agree with Annie. I know after he died, I saw a ton of people with signs saying, "Thank God children are safe again." Granted I live in the hometown of the Westboro Baptist Church.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:25:50 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:20:03 PM, TBR wrote:

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought this. Vox's OP made me a bit suspicious.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:27:03 PM
At 10/17/2016 11:24:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 9:37:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Fair enough, I guess.

I have to agree with Annie. I know after he died, I saw a ton of people with signs saying, "Thank God children are safe again." Granted I live in the hometown of the Westboro Baptist Church.

No. That is everywhere. I don't know of anywhere that people think Jackson was NOT a sexual predator
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:38:47 PM
Hold on...

So clinton is crooked?
Trump, if not a rapist, is pretty dam douchey?
From the other thread, Reptilians, Greys, and Nords are t in control of the election (along with the trilateral commission, bilderbergs, illuminati, and masons)?
And now you are saying Thriller molested Children!
What's next? We have an altruistic goal in Mosul (I've been south of there. Lovely place. Everyone should visit)?

Hush my mouth and call me a jelly donut...
https://youtu.be...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:11:30 AM
At 10/17/2016 11:54:16 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I don't know about you but I certainly consider Wacko Jacko to be a pedo.

Pedometer? :)
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:11:55 AM

I do agree with this part quite a bit, but I don't necessarily think that this should be a reason to throw out the accusations because there's a chance of them being false.

Yes, it should be investigated to see if they are, in fact, true before Trump can be convicted; there's no way that I can deny that, as you are innocent until proven guilty. However, the exact same thing applies to the alleged victims of the crime. Is there evidence that can go against Trump? Absolutely. Is there evidence that can go against the possible victims? Most definitely. Anyone is allowed to hold an opinion for either side. Nevertheless, the victims claims shouldn't be completely tossed to the side, nor should Trump's defense for himself.

Yes, I do see this as incredibly reprehensible, but this doesn't have to do with the case against or for Trump in this conversation, as far as I know. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) It would make for a very interesting discussion in a separate thread, though.

A third reason is, of course, that you hate the person who you're accusing.

I mean, I am pretty sure you would hate the person who sexually harassed, assaulted, or raped you, so this reasoning doesn't really stand.
Donald Trump has made comments which many people perceive to be racist and misogynist; understandably a lot of Democrats, feminists, and the likes want to see him defeated. If a few female Trump-haters were to accuse him of rape, that'd definitely hurt his chances, so there's definitely an incentive in this regard.

Is there any proof of this? If so, I would certainly love to see it.

To debunk this point, I would like to quote Skepsikyma from the thread "No, Trump Likely Didn't Just 'Say Words'" thread in post #96.

"Plenty of rapists treat women on a personal level with respect, lol. The idea that rapists are all misogynists, or the misogynists are more likely to be rapists, is hardly born out in research. Rapists are actually often quite charming individuals, the most common sort is referred to as the 'gentleman rapist' in criminology research."

Don't get me wrong, by no means am I calling Trump respectful towards women, but this can give some insight if these claims are true.

Firstly, I know that this is a cliche response, but rape isn't necessarily all about sex; it's about power.

"Sexual assault is not simply a 'crime of passion' where the perpetrator 'loses control'. Rather, sexual assault is about power and control. The perpetrator exerts his or her power over the victim in such a way to take away any control the victim has in the sexual situation."

https://sapac.umich.edu...

If Trump did commit these crimes and assuming this was the motivation, then paying someone to have sex simply wouldn't cut it.

Secondly, on paper, yes, it is "incredibly easy for his victims to tell on him". However, you don't seem to account for the fact that rape is a traumatizing event for nearly every single person who ever has the misfortune of experiencing it. Opening up about rape can take years or even decades to come clean about. Why? Those who experience rape typically feel guilty, unclean, and ashamed for the acts committed towards them. It is scarring beyond belief, so you simply can't expect every victim to come out about it immediately following the event, especially when they could still be doubting that it actually happened, scared of reactions from the police or family, or even too scarred to even think about it.

I hate to bring this up, especially because plenty of people have already acknowledged it, but Michael Jackson is still widely believed to be a pedophile. However, I could see where you are coming from because many people simply ignore it.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:34:57 AM
At 10/17/2016 11:25:50 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:20:03 PM, TBR wrote:

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought this. Vox's OP made me a bit suspicious.

Okay, I could be wrong about that. I haven't really heard of anyone making a big deal about Jackson's alleged child molestation until today, so I assumed that nobody thought he was a pedophile.

The DDO Blog:

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:06:57 AM
If the Clintons win this will be one of the biggest events in the history of feminism.
President of the United States was always thought to be a man's job. This could be another thing that will help them prove that women are not different from men.
So, when it looks like Hillary is in trouble, the other feminists feel compelled to save her.
If they need to tell lies to stop Trump, they feel it is forgivable if it keeps this idea that Trump is a sex offender concept going, at least until election day.
The fact is Trump has been married 3 times, did he vow to love, honor and cherish for as long as they both shall live, 3 times?
There are plenty of rumors about Trump dating a younger woman, before he divorced the wife he was still married to at the time.
I suppose the majority of men don't care, but for women who hate men and the family values crowd the concept of it is cool to cheat on your wife when she has gotten too old to be hot, is something they don't want associated with a president.