Jump to topic:

GOP to block Hillary's Supreme Court nominees

U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 10:55:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Arizona R-Senator, John McCain made the following statement on a Philadelphia radio station yesterday:

"I promise you that we will be united against any of the Supreme Court nominees that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up."

"I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades."

An opening has existed on the Supreme Court since Antonin Scalia's death in February.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 2:53:30 PM
At 10/18/2016 10:55:44 AM, U.n wrote:
Arizona R-Senator, John McCain made the following statement on a Philadelphia radio station yesterday:

"I promise you that we will be united against any of the Supreme Court nominees that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up."

"I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades."

An opening has existed on the Supreme Court since Antonin Scalia's death in February.

McCain is trying to motivate GOP voters to turn out by shifting one of the few unifying GOP issues of the presidential race into the senatorial campaign. There is talk that there is an outside chance McCain could lose his seat, and the issue is compounded by the acrimony many trump supporters have for him.

I'm skeptical that a 4 year blockade of Supreme Court appointments would be sustainable or desirable. To me this sounds like campaign rhetoric that will disappear after November.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 5:23:54 AM
At 10/18/2016 2:53:30 PM, Raisor wrote:

To me this sounds like campaign rhetoric that will disappear after November.

+1

If Hillary also nominates a moderate for the Supreme Court, which would be the smart thing to do since its bad to piss off the other party who hates you the moment you become president, the rhetoric will soften even more and the GOP will try to put their second biggest embarrassment that will happen this year behind them.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015