Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How will you protect yourself under Hillary?

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 2:51:08 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 2:49:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Me personally, I plan to enlist in the government and suck up as much as I can.

The average citizen would be in no more danger under President Hillary than under President Obama.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 2:59:44 AM

Same plan since 2011 into 2012... go off the grid
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 3:03:14 AM

Enlist? Ok, you do that. If you think the path to riches is just signing up, well...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:42:08 PM

don't start a business, if you have one board up the windows make it riot proof, stay out of da hood, buy whatever guns you want soon (most already have I'm sure) don't go into law enforcement, try to look less white or fake being black like those couple of people. Keep your daughters away from Bill. Buy stock in companies that make pant suits. Build a bunker and watch "From Russia with love" because the title will be ironic.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 4:48:56 PM

No worries, you'll never find yourself under Hillary...she pays people to do that ;)
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 8:04:56 PM

I'm gonna suck up as much beer as I can and stay away from the government.

Best of luck!
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:00:44 AM

I'm gonna move to Somalia
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:20:48 AM

Isn't it interesting that almost no other advanced nation on earth needs firearms to protect themselves, except the United States? What does that tell you?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:40:39 AM
At 10/20/2016 5:20:48 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:

Isn't it interesting that almost no other advanced nation on earth needs firearms to protect themselves, except the United States? What does that tell you?

Maybe if we got Europe to defend the United States, we could laugh at them instead.
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:44:43 AM
At 10/20/2016 5:40:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Maybe if we got Europe to defend the United States, we could laugh at them instead.

What does that have to do with anything?
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:50:18 AM

I'm not talking about terrorism, I'm talking about domestic issues like the murder rate. Are you implying that the protection of Europe by the United States has a correlation with the increase of domestic murder rates in the United States?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 12:49:18 PM
At 10/20/2016 5:50:18 AM, augcaesarustus wrote:

I'm not talking about terrorism, I'm talking about domestic issues like the murder rate. Are you implying that the protection of Europe by the United States has a correlation with the increase of domestic murder rates in the United States?

how much illegal drugs and criminal aliens does Europe get from Mexico and other countries? What's funny is people like you use mostly white countries as examples, so what you are saying in essence if the U.S. was more white we wouldn't need guns.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 12:49:55 PM

I am stocking up on black market guns. The government can't take what they don't know about.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:13:23 PM
At 10/20/2016 12:49:55 PM, Raisor wrote:

I am stocking up on black market guns. The government can't take what they don't know about.

you'd be better off with a 3d printer, if you make it yourself it doesn't need serial numbers.
https://3dprint.com...
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:31:52 PM
At 10/20/2016 12:49:18 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

how much illegal drugs and criminal aliens does Europe get from Mexico and other countries? What's funny is people like you use mostly white countries as examples, so what you are saying in essence if the U.S. was more white we wouldn't need guns.

No, I think that's what you're implying. You seem to blaming diversity for America's problems. And Europe? Haven't you been watching the news about all the refugees pouring in? France and Britain are both diverse nations and don't have as a murder rate as the United States.

Second, Japan isn't a white country, and they don't need guns.

Third, most of the murders committed in the United States are not from Mexicans or immigrants, but from local residents in the United States, so your argument doesn't stack up to scrutiny.

The fundamental reasons for the high murder rates in the US is: inner-city poverty and urban decay; the legacy of slavery and segregation; and the US' unwillingness to address basic social problems such as the income gap. The sooner Americans realize that their country is no different from any other, the sooner they can begin to resolve these issues.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:31:28 PM
At 10/20/2016 11:31:52 PM, augcaesarustus wrote:

No, I think that's what you're implying. You seem to blaming diversity for America's problems. And Europe? Haven't you been watching the news about all the refugees pouring in? France and Britain are both diverse nations and don't have as a murder rate as the United States.

Japan is largely homogeneous, with the "Yamato" ethnicity comprising a yuge percentage of the country's population. This group consists of generally well-off people who grow up in dual-parent households. Japanese children are essentially forced to study way harder than their American counterparts, and I imagine that the high school drop-out rate is very low as a result. I also imagine that a very large percentage of Japanese people go on to college/universities, where I would presume that most graduate with high marks.
Japan has a Confucian culture which imposes strict social rules that dictate what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour. While few Japanese would self-identify as being religious (which to them implies official membership in a religious cult), they are generally more spiritual than their American counterparts.
In short, everything about Japan would suggest a low crime rate, and legalising guns in Japan probably would not have a significant impact on the crime rate.

America, on the other hand, has an extremely individualistic culture. Blacks and Hispanics, two generally poor groups, make up a significant percentage of the population, and they often come into conflict with the White majority. High school dropout rates in the United States are relatively high, and a large chunk of people who enter college never finish. The U.S. education system sucks, and most people don't see good grades as being all that terribly important. A very large percentage of the population is born into single-parent households. Most Americans self-identify as Christian, but less than half of those take their religion seriously. I think most people online can spot an American by their unusually abrasive and aggressive attitude.
In short, everything about America would suggest a high crime rate, guns or no guns.

Third, most of the murders committed in the United States are not from Mexicans or immigrants, but from local residents in the United States, so your argument doesn't stack up to scrutiny.

The fundamental reasons for the high murder rates in the US is: inner-city poverty and urban decay; the legacy of slavery and segregation; and the US' unwillingness to address basic social problems such as the income gap. The sooner Americans realize that their country is no different from any other, the sooner they can begin to resolve these issues.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 9:42:18 PM
At 10/20/2016 6:06:53 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
Grab her by the pusssy!

But... you will feel a strap on
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:32:21 AM

Great plan.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 3:59:52 PM

I will learn karate because she is taking all of my guns away.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:48:27 PM

I really hope she doesn't advocate for a buy back. That'd be such a shame....
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:51:11 PM

Kevin, you are a valued member here. That was the wronnnnggg way to say whatever you meant.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:51:36 PM
At 10/22/2016 11:48:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I really hope she doesn't advocate for a buy back. That'd be such a shame....

She'll push to reinstiture the 'assault weapon' ban. Complete canard. Scary black guns... shlt now I'm racist. Lol
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:52:41 AM

Japan is largely homogeneous, with the "Yamato" ethnicity comprising a yuge percentage of the country's population. This group consists of generally well-off people who grow up in dual-parent households. Japanese children are essentially forced to study way harder than their American counterparts, and I imagine that the high school drop-out rate is very low as a result. I also imagine that a very large percentage of Japanese people go on to college/universities, where I would presume that most graduate with high marks.
Japan has a Confucian culture which imposes strict social rules that dictate what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour. While few Japanese would self-identify as being religious (which to them implies official membership in a religious cult), they are generally more spiritual than their American counterparts.
In short, everything about Japan would suggest a low crime rate, and legalising guns in Japan probably would not have a significant impact on the crime rate.

America, on the other hand, has an extremely individualistic culture. Blacks and Hispanics, two generally poor groups, make up a significant percentage of the population, and they often come into conflict with the White majority. High school dropout rates in the United States are relatively high, and a large chunk of people who enter college never finish. The U.S. education system sucks, and most people don't see good grades as being all that terribly important. A very large percentage of the population is born into single-parent households. Most Americans self-identify as Christian, but less than half of those take their religion seriously. I think most people online can spot an American by their unusually abrasive and aggressive attitude.
In short, everything about America would suggest a high crime rate, guns or no guns.
--
So, I think you've just argued my point for me: that gun ownership is ONLY needed in America because of its culture/history and social problems. It's not needed in other countries because those nations are (for whichever reasons) more harmonious. Ultimately, if this is the case then fine, I can accept this reason; but one shouldn't tout how good America is when they are the only industralized nation on earth that needs personal gun ownership. Americans like to tout how superior their ideology is: i.e. liberty, but if you need guns to protect yourself in America because of its 'dangerous' culture, then this is hardly a superior way of life. By that logic, Japanese culture is superior to American culture.