Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

My Junior Paper, need some advice

TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:09:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

What part of the paper do you need help for?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:12:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

Is this like a position paper? Any source analysis involved?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:13:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:09:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

What part of the paper do you need help for?

Oh no, I'm not writing anything write now, we are in research phase right now. Ive researched on the minimum wage, how competition increases quality and how tax progressivity hurts the economy
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:14:42 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:12:40 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

Is this like a position paper? Any source analysis involved?

Its a junior paper. I have write for both sides but the sources ima use for my opinion page which is what I really believe in

And yes we are doing research right now
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:20:57 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:13:35 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:09:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

What part of the paper do you need help for?

Oh no, I'm not writing anything write now, we are in research phase right now. Ive researched on the minimum wage, how competition increases quality and how tax progressivity hurts the economy

You want pro-capitalism arguments?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:44:34 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:20:57 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:13:35 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:09:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

What part of the paper do you need help for?

Oh no, I'm not writing anything write now, we are in research phase right now. Ive researched on the minimum wage, how competition increases quality and how tax progressivity hurts the economy

You want pro-capitalism arguments?

More of sources that can give me them. And I'm completely laissez faire, not even a smidgen of socialism
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:50:10 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

1) If you argue that government should NOT be involved with taxes, you are missing the target on the purpose of taxes. I know tax revenues are shoveled to every system, service, group, and thought process in the universe at this point. However, the original purpose of taxes (In U.S. Federal Government terms) was to repay wartime debts, build a "war chest" of surplus wealth for future wars, and create and maintain appropriate infrastructure to support both attacking and defensive wartime efforts.

The purpose of the federal government is to ensure the protection of the citizens of the nation as well as its interests domestically and internationally. This is why the federal government is responsible for federal tax revenue and proper allocation of this revenue. The problem we, as Americans run into, is that we have allowed the federal government to evolve into this massive, ever-growing blob, assimilating everything it comes into contact with, as if it's "Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000" from South Park.

2) If you wanted a controversial topic to write endlessly about with ease, you should have gone with how this Social Justice Warrior, 3rd wave feminism, Privilege Stack, Trigger Warning, blame whitey, blame men, super blame white men culture in the western world; is a$$ backwards and absolutely tearing our societies and cultures apart at the seams just prior to completely annihilating it with an intelligence and common sense sucking black hole of insanity that will one day be looked back upon in history and be the medical dictionary definition of a level of mental retardation beyond anything we could EVER imagine possible at this point in human evolution.

Sorry for that horribly structured, fragmented, run-on sentence that just "Ultimate Dino-Deuced" all over proper American English Grammar rules....but I wanted that to standout as a representation of how thoughtless the subject of the bullet point was.
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:54:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:50:10 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

1) If you argue that government should NOT be involved with taxes, you are missing the target on the purpose of taxes. I know tax revenues are shoveled to every system, service, group, and thought process in the universe at this point. However, the original purpose of taxes (In U.S. Federal Government terms) was to repay wartime debts, build a "war chest" of surplus wealth for future wars, and create and maintain appropriate infrastructure to support both attacking and defensive wartime efforts.

The purpose of the federal government is to ensure the protection of the citizens of the nation as well as its interests domestically and internationally. This is why the federal government is responsible for federal tax revenue and proper allocation of this revenue. The problem we, as Americans run into, is that we have allowed the federal government to evolve into this massive, ever-growing blob, assimilating everything it comes into contact with, as if it's "Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000" from South Park.

2) If you wanted a controversial topic to write endlessly about with ease, you should have gone with how this Social Justice Warrior, 3rd wave feminism, Privilege Stack, Trigger Warning, blame whitey, blame men, super blame white men culture in the western world; is a$$ backwards and absolutely tearing our societies and cultures apart at the seams just prior to completely annihilating it with an intelligence and common sense sucking black hole of insanity that will one day be looked back upon in history and be the medical dictionary definition of a level of mental retardation beyond anything we could EVER imagine possible at this point in human evolution.

Sorry for that horribly structured, fragmented, run-on sentence that just "Ultimate Dino-Deuced" all over proper American English Grammar rules....but I wanted that to standout as a representation of how thoughtless the subject of the bullet point was.

Meant to say government not involved in minmimum wage and a flat tax
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 10:55:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:50:10 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

1) If you argue that government should NOT be involved with taxes, you are missing the target on the purpose of taxes. I know tax revenues are shoveled to every system, service, group, and thought process in the universe at this point. However, the original purpose of taxes (In U.S. Federal Government terms) was to repay wartime debts, build a "war chest" of surplus wealth for future wars, and create and maintain appropriate infrastructure to support both attacking and defensive wartime efforts.

The purpose of the federal government is to ensure the protection of the citizens of the nation as well as its interests domestically and internationally. This is why the federal government is responsible for federal tax revenue and proper allocation of this revenue. The problem we, as Americans run into, is that we have allowed the federal government to evolve into this massive, ever-growing blob, assimilating everything it comes into contact with, as if it's "Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000" from South Park.

2) If you wanted a controversial topic to write endlessly about with ease, you should have gone with how this Social Justice Warrior, 3rd wave feminism, Privilege Stack, Trigger Warning, blame whitey, blame men, super blame white men culture in the western world; is a$$ backwards and absolutely tearing our societies and cultures apart at the seams just prior to completely annihilating it with an intelligence and common sense sucking black hole of insanity that will one day be looked back upon in history and be the medical dictionary definition of a level of mental retardation beyond anything we could EVER imagine possible at this point in human evolution.

Sorry for that horribly structured, fragmented, run-on sentence that just "Ultimate Dino-Deuced" all over proper American English Grammar rules....but I wanted that to standout as a representation of how thoughtless the subject of the bullet point was.

Also I decided to pass on feminism. I let one of my friends take it but he asked me three times to change my mind because I'm the biggest anti feminist in my school probably.

Just wanted to do something fresh like debunk socialism
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:21:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:54:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:50:10 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

1) If you argue that government should NOT be involved with taxes, you are missing the target on the purpose of taxes. I know tax revenues are shoveled to every system, service, group, and thought process in the universe at this point. However, the original purpose of taxes (In U.S. Federal Government terms) was to repay wartime debts, build a "war chest" of surplus wealth for future wars, and create and maintain appropriate infrastructure to support both attacking and defensive wartime efforts.

The purpose of the federal government is to ensure the protection of the citizens of the nation as well as its interests domestically and internationally. This is why the federal government is responsible for federal tax revenue and proper allocation of this revenue. The problem we, as Americans run into, is that we have allowed the federal government to evolve into this massive, ever-growing blob, assimilating everything it comes into contact with, as if it's "Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000" from South Park.

2) If you wanted a controversial topic to write endlessly about with ease, you should have gone with how this Social Justice Warrior, 3rd wave feminism, Privilege Stack, Trigger Warning, blame whitey, blame men, super blame white men culture in the western world; is a$$ backwards and absolutely tearing our societies and cultures apart at the seams just prior to completely annihilating it with an intelligence and common sense sucking black hole of insanity that will one day be looked back upon in history and be the medical dictionary definition of a level of mental retardation beyond anything we could EVER imagine possible at this point in human evolution.

Sorry for that horribly structured, fragmented, run-on sentence that just "Ultimate Dino-Deuced" all over proper American English Grammar rules....but I wanted that to standout as a representation of how thoughtless the subject of the bullet point was.

Meant to say government not involved in minmimum wage and a flat tax

FEDERAL government should not be involved in minimum wage. :)
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:29:35 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

- How a lot of social programs are ineffective
- Why high taxes hurt the economy
- Overspending, deficits, and unbalanced budgets
- Economic liberty and personal choice between Capitalism and Socialism
- Private charities
- Inefficiency of the public sector as opposed to the private sector
- How competition helps the private sector, and doesn't exist under Socialism

etc.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:31:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:14:42 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:12:40 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

Is this like a position paper? Any source analysis involved?

Its a junior paper. I have write for both sides but the sources ima use for my opinion page which is what I really believe in

And yes we are doing research right now

Oh, I didn't realize you needed to write for the other position. In that case, try arguing from the perspective of a "social safety net", helping out the poor, or corporate greed.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:00:17 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 11:21:38 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:54:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:50:10 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

1) If you argue that government should NOT be involved with taxes, you are missing the target on the purpose of taxes. I know tax revenues are shoveled to every system, service, group, and thought process in the universe at this point. However, the original purpose of taxes (In U.S. Federal Government terms) was to repay wartime debts, build a "war chest" of surplus wealth for future wars, and create and maintain appropriate infrastructure to support both attacking and defensive wartime efforts.

The purpose of the federal government is to ensure the protection of the citizens of the nation as well as its interests domestically and internationally. This is why the federal government is responsible for federal tax revenue and proper allocation of this revenue. The problem we, as Americans run into, is that we have allowed the federal government to evolve into this massive, ever-growing blob, assimilating everything it comes into contact with, as if it's "Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000" from South Park.

2) If you wanted a controversial topic to write endlessly about with ease, you should have gone with how this Social Justice Warrior, 3rd wave feminism, Privilege Stack, Trigger Warning, blame whitey, blame men, super blame white men culture in the western world; is a$$ backwards and absolutely tearing our societies and cultures apart at the seams just prior to completely annihilating it with an intelligence and common sense sucking black hole of insanity that will one day be looked back upon in history and be the medical dictionary definition of a level of mental retardation beyond anything we could EVER imagine possible at this point in human evolution.

Sorry for that horribly structured, fragmented, run-on sentence that just "Ultimate Dino-Deuced" all over proper American English Grammar rules....but I wanted that to standout as a representation of how thoughtless the subject of the bullet point was.

Meant to say government not involved in minmimum wage and a flat tax

FEDERAL government should not be involved in minimum wage. :)

No I meant government. State government shouldn't be involved with it either
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:00:56 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 11:29:35 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

- How a lot of social programs are ineffective
- Why high taxes hurt the economy
- Overspending, deficits, and unbalanced budgets
- Economic liberty and personal choice between Capitalism and Socialism
- Private charities
- Inefficiency of the public sector as opposed to the private sector
- How competition helps the private sector, and doesn't exist under Socialism

etc.

Ooh social programs. Can you give me sources on those?
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:16:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Do you believe that economics is a science? The problem is economics pretends to be a science, but it is not. Maybe at sometime in the future it will be.
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:29:16 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

Then why are Qatar, Luxembourg, Macau, and Singapore all at the top?
Bob13
Posts: 710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:31:56 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

I'd like you to compare these two lists and rethink that claim.
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita
https://en.wikipedia.org...
I don't have a signature. :-)
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 2:05:39 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Lol. I actually agree with you for once. :)
I think papers like this are imperative in forming an opinion (or, if nothing else, the research involved). You can't look at one side alone.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 3:03:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:31:56 AM, Bob13 wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

I'd like you to compare these two lists and rethink that claim.
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita
https://en.wikipedia.org...

I am referencing the same lists. The point stands. Many socialist countries beat many capitalists country's
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 3:08:59 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:29:16 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

Then why are Qatar, Luxembourg, Macau, and Singapore all at the top?

My point still stands. Look at the list. Do you see many socialist country's towards the top of the list? Bet you do.

Now. Yet again. The kid needs to dig a bit deeper. I am not saying that socialism is better, but his understanding is as deep as a bumper sticker.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 3:30:50 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 3:08:59 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 1:29:16 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

Then why are Qatar, Luxembourg, Macau, and Singapore all at the top?


My point still stands. Look at the list. Do you see many socialist country's towards the top of the list? Bet you do.

Now. Yet again. The kid needs to dig a bit deeper. I am not saying that socialism is better, but his understanding is as deep as a bumper sticker.

Correlation =/= causation
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:44:21 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 10:13:35 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:09:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

What part of the paper do you need help for?

Oh no, I'm not writing anything write now, we are in research phase right now. Ive researched on the minimum wage, how competition increases quality and how tax progressivity hurts the economy

Your position is so biased you'll probably fail due to lack of objectivity.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:45:27 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 3:30:50 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/21/2016 3:08:59 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 1:29:16 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

Then why are Qatar, Luxembourg, Macau, and Singapore all at the top?


My point still stands. Look at the list. Do you see many socialist country's towards the top of the list? Bet you do.

Now. Yet again. The kid needs to dig a bit deeper. I am not saying that socialism is better, but his understanding is as deep as a bumper sticker.

Correlation =/= causation

Strong correlation = probable causation
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 5:52:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/21/2016 1:29:16 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:37:00 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:30:49 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:05:42 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:02:16 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/20/2016 11:33:36 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2016 10:06:11 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So I had to a controversial issue Capitalism vs Socialism is what I picked

So far ive listed sources talking supporting why we should not have government involved in taxes or the minimum wage?

Anything else? Ill post this in personal as well to get some ideas because I need them ASAP! Thanks!

This sounds very opinionated at this point. Expand a bit. That is, if you want a grade, and to learn something rather than make a political statement.

Well duh its an opinion paper. If It wasn't opinionated than I would lose points lol. As for learning something, there is nothing that would make me more favorable to socialism. Maybe more favorable to capitalism

Fair enough, however, it is still to know what the "other" side is talking about rather than just accept your own bias.

You don't even know what you are objecting to without doing the proper research.

Ive done my fair share of research on socialism. However all the arguments aren't really economical rather they are moral. Its is moral for the government to provide healthcare and such. Any actual unbiased economist will show you that as you start taxing the population more for these things the GDP and to a greater extent the economy will start to go down

Really? And you say you have done your research?

GDP per capita is HIGHER in many socialistic countrys than in many capitilistic countrys. So..... Whatever. You know everything, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)_per_capita

Then why are Qatar, Luxembourg, Macau, and Singapore all at the top?

Qatar is a literal slave state, so PPP is naturally high as slaves are not counted as citizens while giving profits to their owners.

Macau is a port colony, its entire purpose is economics, combined with a tiny pop its easy to be top ranked.

Luxemburg is nestled between 3 European welfare states and lets its citizens take advantage of that because they're in the eurozone.

Singapore strong emphasizes healthcare and compulsory savings programs.