Jump to topic:

2 years prison

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 7:10:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Trump says would institute law of mandatory 2 years in prison for those entering US illegally after a previous deportation.

Is that really a deterrent? Does the cost of housing, medical, etc worth it?
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 7:13:50 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:10:50 PM, slo1 wrote:
Trump says would institute law of mandatory 2 years in prison for those entering US illegally after a previous deportation.

I don't think it's meant to act as a complete deterrent, although I don't find the reason for putting illegal immigrants in prison when you can just deport them.

Although, it might be that when people come in, are deported, and come back in, they tend to have a higher chance of committing crime.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 7:21:27 PM
I don't know how well that'd serve as a deterrent, but it's got to be more effective than what we've got now.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 9:59:21 PM
The only thing Trump is not full of crap about on immigration is building a wall and finding round about ways for Mexico to finance it. You can ignore his lies about mass deportation or imprisonment, Even a Republican majority would not allow it.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:09:05 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:21:27 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I don't know how well that'd serve as a deterrent, but it's got to be more effective than what we've got now.

Probably depends upon economic conditions in Mexico. A person struggling with the basics of food and shelter may very well be better off in a US prison while the children are in a more hospitable detention center.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:10:05 PM
At 10/22/2016 9:59:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
The only thing Trump is not full of crap about on immigration is building a wall and finding round about ways for Mexico to finance it. You can ignore his lies about mass deportation or imprisonment, Even a Republican majority would not allow it.

He just said he was going to inactivity this law in the first 100 days. Why would I consider it a lie?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:14:39 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:13:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I don't think it's meant to act as a complete deterrent, although I don't find the reason for putting illegal immigrants in prison when you can just deport them.

Although, it might be that when people come in, are deported, and come back in, they tend to have a higher chance of committing crime.

I agree. It seems to me there is a lot of baggage that comes with imprisoning illegals that are not committing crimes of property or persons.

It may however reduce people who overstay visas versus those who sneak across borders
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:50:04 PM
Dumb idea. But again, this exceeds the power of the presidency without congress passing a law he pushed. As Bush senior famously said 'not gonna happen'
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:43:12 PM

Is considering Trump worth the time to begin with?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:44:57 PM
At 10/22/2016 11:43:12 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

At this point? No.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:02:54 AM

That is the CURRENT FU*KING sentence.

Trump is a f**king idiot. I seriously don't care about the members of this site who are STILL fooled by this moron.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:10:39 AM

It is in that there is still a significant percentage of the population who eat this stuff up. Blinded enough to not understand that alpha male authoritarian approaches to fix the problem are not reasonable and create larger issues.

Trump is just the beginning to this white first Nationalistic movement.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:12:38 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:10:39 AM, slo1 wrote:

It is in that there is still a significant percentage of the population who eat this stuff up. Blinded enough to not understand that alpha male authoritarian approaches to fix the problem are not reasonable and create larger issues.

Maybe I should be more inflammatory. Oh, wait, I am. Lol
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:35:43 AM
At 10/22/2016 10:10:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/22/2016 9:59:21 PM, Wylted wrote:

He just said he was going to inactivity this law in the first 100 days. Why would I consider it a lie?

Because like I said it is literally impossible to do. He is not a dictator and ever a super majority of Republicans would not allow it.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:00:22 AM
In prison, you get 3 square meals and a toilet. For many people who live in South America life in an American prison would be a big improvement in their standard of living.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:17:05 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:10:39 AM, slo1 wrote:

I don't think so to be honest. Maybe, I'm right, maybe wrong. I feel as though Trump's campaign is built off of distaste in the current government, and Hillary Clinton in particular. This is old news, and the universal hatred of Hillary Clinton across the nation is what's bolstering whatever he has. Before that it was Ted Cruz, who people also hold a lot against.

Honestly, I thought she lost the third debate just by her own wording...and that's saying a lot because Trump is not a coherent debater. I think its too early to call Trumps mentality a movement. If anything, I believe its a reaction and an appropriate movement expressing the American outlook on the present government is yet to come. Its not so much that people are agreeing with him as it is that they agree against the people he's running against more.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:17:52 PM

It's a complete waste of money. Instant deportation is the most effective approach.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:45:34 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:13:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Of course they do since it's called illegal immigration in the first place that they commit a crime coming here in the first place.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:46:38 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:21:27 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

tbh, poor people commit crimes all the time so they could go to jail. Free food, housing, and health care are all good things when you have nothing, no matter the condition.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~