Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mark Kirk makes 2016's most racist comment

thett3
Posts: 14,349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:43:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.

We all know that Mexicans are angelic beings incapable of rape or criminal behavior.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:48:36 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
The Republicans are sad because we are losing out right to freedom of speech.
What did say about her?
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff. I think the perception and definite labeling of racism is more telling then his remark to be honest. Does this seem off?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:23:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff. I think the perception and definite labeling of racism is more telling then his remark to be honest. Does this seem off?

Yes, lol. If a person who looked sort of Asian said 'I'm a Daughter of the American Revolution', most sane people would assume 'oh, she must be part white', not 'haha, dumb Thai lady thinks her ancestors fought for George Washington.' The fact that he took the latter route means that he is either afflicted with some sort of intellectual disability (we can give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that), or that he's just cartoonishly racist.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:27:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 3:23:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff. I think the perception and definite labeling of racism is more telling then his remark to be honest. Does this seem off?

Yes, lol. If a person who looked sort of Asian said 'I'm a Daughter of the American Revolution', most sane people would assume 'oh, she must be part white', not 'haha, dumb Thai lady thinks her ancestors fought for George Washington.' The fact that he took the latter route means that he is either afflicted with some sort of intellectual disability (we can give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that), or that he's just cartoonishly racist.

No, it has nothing to do with her being Asian. Its the fact that her parents were in Thailand for at least 16 years. It seems unreasonable to assume anything because the "looked sort of Asian" Can you not see him just testing the possibility that she is pandering to blind patriotism?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:30:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 3:27:58 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 3:23:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff. I think the perception and definite labeling of racism is more telling then his remark to be honest. Does this seem off?

Yes, lol. If a person who looked sort of Asian said 'I'm a Daughter of the American Revolution', most sane people would assume 'oh, she must be part white', not 'haha, dumb Thai lady thinks her ancestors fought for George Washington.' The fact that he took the latter route means that he is either afflicted with some sort of intellectual disability (we can give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that), or that he's just cartoonishly racist.

No, it has nothing to do with her being Asian. Its the fact that her parents were in Thailand for at least 16 years. It seems unreasonable to assume anything because the "looked sort of Asian" Can you not see him just testing the possibility that she is pandering to blind patriotism?

Honestly, just imagine she is white or do what you have to do, and think about it logically. Her genetics are clouding your perception.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:32:22 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:43:13 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.

We all know that Mexicans are angelic beings incapable of rape or criminal behavior.

Indeed, it's **only** the rapists and murderers that cross the border with the intent of stealing our women and annexing the border states. We can't even "assume some are good people" why build a wall? We need giant warehouses to pack them buggers in like sardines. Round them all up, because we can't assume they're even human at this point.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:11:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race!

Whoops! Being sensitive to race is being racist. The person who doesn't care about race is insensitive to race.

So, you just kind of remind us - what the left wants is for us to treat people differently based on race.

But on the OP - I love the way she just uses the power of silence there. That was classic.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:16:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 3:32:22 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:43:13 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.

We all know that Mexicans are angelic beings incapable of rape or criminal behavior.

Indeed, it's **only** the rapists and murderers that cross the border with the intent of stealing our women and annexing the border states. We can't even "assume some are good people" why build a wall? We need giant warehouses to pack them buggers in like sardines. Round them all up, because we can't assume they're even human at this point.

Here's an idea - why don't we vet people before letting them into the country? Why not try to separate the bad out instead of waiting until they commit a crime first? I just don't get why rank and file libs are for open borders.

And Trump claimed the Mexican government is dumping undesireables on us. That may or may not be true, but when people don't have the IQ to understand what he said, they really don't help themselves.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:19:27 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff.

I don't know anything about her, but you can't be in DAR unless you are genetically descended from a revolutionary. It's hard to imagine she would invent something so easily discredited if not true.
This space for rent.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:28:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:19:27 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:51:27 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:45:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:44:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:42:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 10/28/2016 2:40:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

I don't see how this is racist. Can someone fill me in? It looked like he was attempting to highlight how thin her statement was to me, even though it wasn't, but who's to say he had that knowledge? It seems reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to him from my end and wait to see if he apologizes. Is mentioning race racist now?

He was basically implying that she couldn't be a Daughter of the American Revolution because one of her parents was Thai, which is just... beyond retarded.

He wasn't though. He said "your parents". It seems perfectly reasonable to assume they were both Thai if he wasn't fully informed.

Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll listen again.

Nope, he said parents, furthermore the statement could be interpreted to mean that just because she has family history in the military doesn't mean she has perspective. I mean, they were in Thailand, obviously not contributing to America at the time, and her remarks on lineage dating back to the revolutionary war are purely poetic fluff.

I don't know anything about her, but you can't be in DAR unless you are genetically descended from a revolutionary. It's hard to imagine she would invent something so easily discredited if not true.

I'm not saying it was invented. Gosh, I've got an unusual way of looking at things. Politicians say things about their past in a way that allows you to fill in the gaps in a positive fashion. When I say, her revolutionary heritage is fluff, I'm not saying that its made up. I'm saying that its filler, as heritage dating back to the revolutionary war is only irrationally respective to gauging the present standing recent generations. What I'm saying is there is a fair chance he is just trying to mitigate the blind patriotism that will inevitably work in her favor, as most of she said though worded very well, actually had very little specific substance supporting her candidacy.

To discount this possibility and claim racism, in my opinion, is jumping to conclusions and the premature presentation of the comment as 'racist' before questioning your interpretation of the statement is well.....wrong, even if it turns out to be right.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:28:49 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:11:06 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race!

Whoops! Being sensitive to race is being racist. The person who doesn't care about race is insensitive to race.

Who ever said being sensitive to race is racist? Colorblindness does result is discrimination [https://www.psychologytoday.com...]. Get your head out of your @ss.

So, you just kind of remind us - what the left wants is for us to treat people differently based on race.

Lol so you cut off my quote then assume, nice work. But there are programs like affirmative ction, so you're not exactly exposing a hidden secret. But what appears to be a secret to you at least is the reason behind said treatment.

Here's an idea - why don't we vet people before letting them into the country? Why not try to separate the bad out instead of waiting until they commit a crime first? I just don't get why rank and file libs are for open borders.

Not really for open borders but a path to citizenship. I even support the e-verify system. Seeing how when we look at crime stats illegal immigrants commit LESS crime [http://www.judicialwatch.org...] assuming they are criminal doesn't add up. And for separating out the bad ones, you do realize that 40% of illegals come to the US legally then overstay their visa? How are you going to vet the other 5 million or so who want to enter the country? Have them all pack up and wait in line on the other side of the border?

And Trump claimed the Mexican government is dumping undesireables on us. That may or may not be true, but when people don't have the IQ to understand what he said, they really don't help themselves.

I watched the tape, Trump refers to 'Mexico' as a single entity just like he does with Japan and China, he doesn't differentiate between the Government or private citizens/business. He just makes blanket statements about how "Japan" is sending cars and "Mexico" is sending rapists. Those who give him a pass for thinking the Mexican Government is conscientiously sending criminals across the border are just as dumb as he his.
thett3
Posts: 14,349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:29:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
the most charitable interpretation of this is that he truly had no idea what the daughters of the American Revolution is and was trying to make a lame joke. But either way it's really lame.

She was making the argument that the United States should not be belligerent and blunder into war. She argued that as someone who came from a long line of soldiers and as someone who was personally wounded in war she understands the costs very intimately. And his response was just garbage
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:44:57 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:29:46 PM, thett3 wrote:
the most charitable interpretation of this is that he truly had no idea what the daughters of the American Revolution is and was trying to make a lame joke. But either way it's really lame.

She was making the argument that the United States should not be belligerent and blunder into war. She argued that as someone who came from a long line of soldiers and as someone who was personally wounded in war she understands the costs very intimately. And his response was just garbage

Agreed, not necessarily racist.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:53:30 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:44:57 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:29:46 PM, thett3 wrote:
the most charitable interpretation of this is that he truly had no idea what the daughters of the American Revolution is and was trying to make a lame joke. But either way it's really lame.

She was making the argument that the United States should not be belligerent and blunder into war. She argued that as someone who came from a long line of soldiers and as someone who was personally wounded in war she understands the costs very intimately. And his response was just garbage

Agreed, not necessarily racist.

I think your only argument here is being a pedant. If you want a better fitting word or term, then the comment was race bating.

race bating.
Noun. race baiting R06;(uncountable) The act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce

but whatever. Guy says something initially nasty about the ethnicity of his opponent for political effect, and you could spend your time bickering race vs ethnicity. Either way, he was a d1ck, has been a d1ck, and is stupid to boot.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:53:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:28:49 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:11:06 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race!

Whoops! Being sensitive to race is being racist. The person who doesn't care about race is insensitive to race.

Who ever said being sensitive to race is racist? Colorblindness does result is discrimination [https://www.psychologytoday.com...]. Get your head out of your @ss.

So, you just kind of remind us - what the left wants is for us to treat people differently based on race.

Lol so you cut off my quote then assume, nice work. But there are programs like affirmative ction, so you're not exactly exposing a hidden secret. But what appears to be a secret to you at least is the reason behind said treatment.

Here's an idea - why don't we vet people before letting them into the country? Why not try to separate the bad out instead of waiting until they commit a crime first? I just don't get why rank and file libs are for open borders.

Not really for open borders but a path to citizenship. I even support the e-verify system. Seeing how when we look at crime stats illegal immigrants commit LESS crime [http://www.judicialwatch.org...] assuming they are criminal doesn't add up. And for separating out the bad ones, you do realize that 40% of illegals come to the US legally then overstay their visa? How are you going to vet the other 5 million or so who want to enter the country? Have them all pack up and wait in line on the other side of the border?

And Trump claimed the Mexican government is dumping undesireables on us. That may or may not be true, but when people don't have the IQ to understand what he said, they really don't help themselves.

I watched the tape, Trump refers to 'Mexico' as a single entity just like he does with Japan and China, he doesn't differentiate between the Government or private citizens/business. He just makes blanket statements about how "Japan" is sending cars and "Mexico" is sending rapists. Those who give him a pass for thinking the Mexican Government is conscientiously sending criminals across the border are just as dumb as he his.

Mexico is sending rapists is illogical, as is the claim that it is racist. Use logic please. If he said mexico is sending doctors we wouldn't be going "oh that trump guy thinks mexico is just brimming with doctors..... racist $%ick!" You are drawing the projection that he thinks mexican heritage correlates with rape.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:03:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:53:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Mexico is sending rapists is illogical, as is the claim that it is racist. Use logic please. If he said mexico is sending doctors we wouldn't be going "oh that trump guy thinks mexico is just brimming with doctors..... racist $%ick!" You are drawing the projection that he thinks mexican heritage correlates with rape.

You should try using logic first before telling others to. Trump said he assumed "some were good people" meaning that of those crossing the border most would be criminals and rapists. I'm not projecting about a correlation, Trump was trying to reinforce a stereotype that Mexicans and Latin people are criminals to justify a wall to keep them all out.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:09:19 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:53:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:44:57 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:29:46 PM, thett3 wrote:
the most charitable interpretation of this is that he truly had no idea what the daughters of the American Revolution is and was trying to make a lame joke. But either way it's really lame.

She was making the argument that the United States should not be belligerent and blunder into war. She argued that as someone who came from a long line of soldiers and as someone who was personally wounded in war she understands the costs very intimately. And his response was just garbage

Agreed, not necessarily racist.

I think your only argument here is being a pedant. If you want a better fitting word or term, then the comment was race bating.

race bating.
Noun. race baiting R06;(uncountable) The act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce

but whatever. Guy says something initially nasty about the ethnicity of his opponent for political effect, and you could spend your time bickering race vs ethnicity.

Either way, he was a d1ck, has been a d1ck, and is stupid to boot.

My position was that people just need to wait a little bit, take note, and see if he apologizes, and that projecting things we can't know yet is wrong, or unhealthy. My supporting argument should not be interpreted as "this man is not racist" or that the OP is screwing with our heads but realized logical proof for my stance. I didn't realize I was quibbling. Thanks for the reality check.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:11:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 5:03:26 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:53:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Mexico is sending rapists is illogical, as is the claim that it is racist. Use logic please. If he said mexico is sending doctors we wouldn't be going "oh that trump guy thinks mexico is just brimming with doctors..... racist $%ick!" You are drawing the projection that he thinks mexican heritage correlates with rape.

You should try using logic first before telling others to. Trump said he assumed "some were good people" meaning that of those crossing the border most would be criminals and rapists. I'm not projecting about a correlation, Trump was trying to reinforce a stereotype that Mexicans and Latin people are criminals to justify a wall to keep them all out.

Skimmed that part, not going to attempt recovery from that.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:21:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 5:09:19 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:53:30 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:44:57 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:29:46 PM, thett3 wrote:
the most charitable interpretation of this is that he truly had no idea what the daughters of the American Revolution is and was trying to make a lame joke. But either way it's really lame.

She was making the argument that the United States should not be belligerent and blunder into war. She argued that as someone who came from a long line of soldiers and as someone who was personally wounded in war she understands the costs very intimately. And his response was just garbage

Agreed, not necessarily racist.

I think your only argument here is being a pedant. If you want a better fitting word or term, then the comment was race bating.

race bating.
Noun. race baiting R06;(uncountable) The act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce

but whatever. Guy says something initially nasty about the ethnicity of his opponent for political effect, and you could spend your time bickering race vs ethnicity.

Either way, he was a d1ck, has been a d1ck, and is stupid to boot.

My position was that people just need to wait a little bit, take note, and see if he apologizes, and that projecting things we can't know yet is wrong, or unhealthy. My supporting argument should not be interpreted as "this man is not racist" or that the OP is screwing with our heads but realized logical proof for my stance. I didn't realize I was quibbling. Thanks for the reality check.

No harm.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:24:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 5:03:26 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:53:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Mexico is sending rapists is illogical, as is the claim that it is racist. Use logic please. If he said mexico is sending doctors we wouldn't be going "oh that trump guy thinks mexico is just brimming with doctors..... racist $%ick!" You are drawing the projection that he thinks mexican heritage correlates with rape.

You should try using logic first before telling others to.

Yeah, you should use a little logic. In other words, use reasonable efforts to interpret what a person means. Trump is not a Huffpo writer, when he uses the English language it does not mean all the coded bs that leftists have invented. So the simple fact is that it is insanity to let rapists and murderers walk into your country with no restrictions. And btw - a lot of the people in these border states are - gasp! - hispanic. They don't want rapists and murders either. And they don't want illegals taking their jobs, either. You guys that think Hispanics are different from everybody else, I think you're the racists.
This space for rent.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 5:28:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 5:24:03 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 10/28/2016 5:03:26 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:53:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Mexico is sending rapists is illogical, as is the claim that it is racist. Use logic please. If he said mexico is sending doctors we wouldn't be going "oh that trump guy thinks mexico is just brimming with doctors..... racist $%ick!" You are drawing the projection that he thinks mexican heritage correlates with rape.

You should try using logic first before telling others to.

Yeah, you should use a little logic. In other words, use reasonable efforts to interpret what a person means. Trump is not a Huffpo writer, when he uses the English language it does not mean all the coded bs that leftists have invented. So the simple fact is that it is insanity to let rapists and murderers walk into your country with no restrictions. And btw - a lot of the people in these border states are - gasp! - hispanic. They don't want rapists and murders either. And they don't want illegals taking their jobs, either. You guys that think Hispanics are different from everybody else, I think you're the racists.

Lol try responding to what I wrote directly to you - and don't edit out the important parts like you did here. I'd tell you not to strawman, but I know you will anyways.
Fernyx
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 6:29:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.

It is only racist if he said all Mexicans are rapists and criminals.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 6:35:36 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 6:29:12 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:20:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 10/28/2016 4:07:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
Wow I have literally never seen a worse moment, politically.

His half Asian/half white opponent, a wounded Iraq war veteran, gave a 100% on point response regarding war. His reply: make a lame joke about her heritage.

He was already done, but wow he is toast now. And to think this guy distanced himself from Donald Trump and actually ran campaign ads against him. Why are republicans so dumb? Sad!

https://twitter.com...

News Flash the GOP insensitive about race! But it's hardly the most racist thing said. I think calling Mexicans rapists and criminals takes the cake.

It is only racist if he said all Mexicans are rapists and criminals.

Lol "I assume some are good people" well he's off the hook. In a non-committal way he didn't cast all Mexicans as rapists, just most of them - that's why we need a wall to keep all of them out. Even though they statistically commit less crime [http://reason.com...].