Jump to topic:

Lets sit down and have a talk about racism

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:12:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
The mechanism itself is probably as old a subject as politics, but as time progresses it changes form and gets us over and over again hook line and sinker, causing doubt and distraction in the political arena. In an effort to reduce the amount of suckers, I'm creating this thread on what racism is, how we can test it, and how we should address, and remember unproven alleged racism.

Racism has become a political tool for getting people to shut their brain off in politics. I'd like to go over the definition of racism, and then you guys can help differentiate between what is racist, and what is the exploitation of an opponent mentioning race/nationality with multiple interpretations without following up to check their meaning. Its really pretty easy, but a surprising amount of people don't seem to know, so please put thought into your wording as it may be the first time someone is learning how to make the call properly.

Thank You

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based of the belief that an alternate race is 'superior' in some form or fashion.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 4:18:23 PM
At 10/28/2016 4:12:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
The mechanism itself is probably as old a subject as politics, but as time progresses it changes form and gets us over and over again hook line and sinker, causing doubt and distraction in the political arena. In an effort to reduce the amount of suckers, I'm creating this thread on what racism is, how we can test it, and how we should address, and remember unproven alleged racism.

Racism has become a political tool for getting people to shut their brain off in politics. I'd like to go over the definition of racism, and then you guys can help differentiate between what is racist, and what is the exploitation of an opponent mentioning race/nationality with multiple interpretations without following up to check their meaning. Its really pretty easy, but a surprising amount of people don't seem to know, so please put thought into your wording as it may be the first time someone is learning how to make the call properly.

Thank You

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based of the belief that an alternate race is 'superior' in some form or fashion.

Racism happens all the time. What I have a problem with is the overreaction to being called raciest.

Sure, I see it way more from the right, but any time racism is mentioned you would think someone is leveling criminal charges against them. I am not very raciest, but sure, I say things or feel things all the time that could and should be labeled raciest. If someone calls me out on it, its simply up to me to decide if I agree, disagree, if I need to chance, or have no reason to change.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 7:27:11 PM
At 10/28/2016 4:18:23 PM, TBR wrote:

Thank You

Racism happens all the time. What I have a problem with is the overreaction to being called raciest.

Sure, I see it way more from the right, but any time racism is mentioned you would think someone is leveling criminal charges against them. I am not very raciest, but sure, I say things or feel things all the time that could and should be labeled raciest. If someone calls me out on it, its simply up to me to decide if I agree, disagree, if I need to chance, or have no reason to change.

Well you have to understand that a stereotypical lefty starts labeling, calling names etc, it's used as a tactic to discredit with whom their are arguing with, this is a very commonly used tactic when facts fail. The news is full of examples. Since obvious racism is often difficult to really prove, it's used inappropriately and has seemed to be a social norm without any actual facts. Google some arguments, words get hurled like rocks, then the receiver spends way too much time and effort for defending something they shouldn't need to, much like what you were saying. However that's just one of many words, usually they are all strung together whether they really are appropriate or not, I think people just like saying them, makes them feel smart, homophone, misogynist, racist bunch of others, I forget, then you end it with white privilege.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:16:16 PM
At 10/28/2016 7:12:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
Sure, I see it way more from the right

"Way more from the right"

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

These terms like racism, homophobic etc. More often than not, they are being applied to someone on the right, would you disagree?

I was stating the obvious. I see the reaction I am describing way more from the right because it happens way more in conversations where someone "right" is bristling from being called "raciest".
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:24:27 PM
At 10/28/2016 8:16:16 PM, TBR wrote:

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

These terms like racism, homophobic etc. More often than not, they are being applied to someone on the right, would you disagree?
Yes, I would disagree.

I was stating the obvious. I see the reaction I am describing way more from the right because it happens way more in conversations where someone "right" is bristling from being called "raciest".
Perhaps it does, but I understand as it's merely just the right annoyed at the constant cries of racism from the progressive left wing.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:36:38 PM
At 10/28/2016 8:24:27 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

Yes, I would disagree.
I don't see how you could disagree with this, and say what you have below.

Perhaps it does, but I understand as it's merely just the right annoyed at the constant cries of racism from the progressive left wing.
Constant? Cries of racism? Well, this is the sort of persecution complex I am talking about. Get over yourself. If someone calls your actions "raciest", all you have to do is look at it. Decide if it has any meaning or worth to you. Modify your behavior or not.

Simple enough really.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:08:50 PM
At 10/28/2016 8:36:38 PM, TBR wrote:

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

Yes, I would disagree.
k

Constant? Cries of racism? Well, this is the sort of persecution complex I am talking about. Get over yourself. If someone calls your actions "raciest", all you have to do is look at it. Decide if it has any meaning or worth to you. Modify your behavior or not.
It doesn't? When did I say I actually took accusations of being called racist seriously?

Simple enough really.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 10:49:46 PM
At 10/28/2016 9:08:50 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/28/2016 8:36:38 PM, TBR wrote:

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

Yes, I would disagree.
k

It doesn't? When did I say I actually took accusations of being called racist seriously?

Simple enough really.

I didn't say anything about taking it "seriously" did I? I DO think you should take anyone who says you are behaving badly seriously, I am talking about how you evaluate and act on that information.
A1tre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 10:49:42 AM
At 10/28/2016 7:27:11 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Thank You

Well you have to understand that a stereotypical lefty starts labeling,

The irony is strong in this one
2for1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:15:07 AM

Thank You

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based of the belief that an alternate race is 'superior' in some form or fashion. : :

Racism comes from information called Satan and the Beast which has separated all God's people into various groups who all have common fears.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 2:39:07 PM

Thank You

Well you have to understand that a stereotypical lefty starts labeling, calling names etc, it's used as a tactic to discredit with whom their are arguing with, this is a very commonly used tactic when facts fail. The news is full of examples. Since obvious racism is often difficult to really prove, it's used inappropriately and has seemed to be a social norm without any actual facts. Google some arguments, words get hurled like rocks, then the receiver spends way too much time and effort for defending something they shouldn't need to, much like what you were saying. However that's just one of many words, usually they are all strung together whether they really are appropriate or not, I think people just like saying them, makes them feel smart, homophone, misogynist, racist bunch of others, I forget, then you end it with white privilege.

Actually, most of the time I've seen the word Racist or Racism used, especially here, every instance I can remember involves an additional "because.." afterwards, together with reasoning.

What I have seen a lot, is people like you sounding like you're playing the victim by repeatedly claiming people call out racism without justification repeatedly.

I'm not saying that absolutely doesn't happen, btw, I'm sure it does; but lets be clear, you're doing the exact same thing as your complaining about: Shutting down a conversation by labeling opponents in order to discredit the speaker, and not what they're saying.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 4:47:44 PM
I'd like to be clear that this thread isn't made with the intention of blaming anyone.

My OP, was designed (for better or worse) to encourage discussion on reliable recognition and differentiation of baseless labeling, tactical labeling, trend labeling, legitimate labeling etc....And then how to determine how it should weigh in on your decision making.

Just a quick reminder. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to propose thoughtful opinion yet.

Thanks to the people who have.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 4:56:35 PM

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

In your own words, they are applied TO people on the right FROM the left.

That would contradict your earlier claim that the labeling comes from the right. In fact, the left can't sit down and have a simple bowl of cereal in the morning without seeing the flakes through a racial prism. That's just not healthy for society, that level of obsession with race. It's also inherently divisive.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 5:25:00 PM
At 10/31/2016 4:56:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Elaborate.

Well, sure.

In your own words, they are applied TO people on the right FROM the left.

That would contradict your earlier claim that the labeling comes from the right. In fact, the left can't sit down and have a simple bowl of cereal in the morning without seeing the flakes through a racial prism. That's just not healthy for society, that level of obsession with race. It's also inherently divisive.

You didn't read my post, or don't understand. I don't care either way.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 6:36:01 PM
At 10/31/2016 2:39:07 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Thank You

Actually, most of the time I've seen the word Racist or Racism used, especially here, every instance I can remember involves an additional "because.." afterwards, together with reasoning.

What I have seen a lot, is people like you sounding like you're playing the victim by repeatedly claiming people call out racism without justification repeatedly.

I'm not saying that absolutely doesn't happen, btw, I'm sure it does; but lets be clear, you're doing the exact same thing as your complaining about: Shutting down a conversation by labeling opponents in order to discredit the speaker, and not what they're saying.

ironic isn't it ;)
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 6:37:16 PM
At 10/31/2016 6:36:01 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 2:39:07 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Thank You

ironic isn't it ;)

It's spelled "Hypocrisy".
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:44:40 PM
At 10/31/2016 10:49:42 AM, A1tre wrote:

Thank You

Can you explain? Oh, because even though he's not labeling anyone, you know he's implying that someone could get labeled?? Is that is? This one went over my head completely haha. I feel like I'm missing something.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:56:19 PM
At 10/31/2016 7:44:40 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Thank You

Can you explain? Oh, because even though he's not labeling anyone, you know he's implying that someone could get labeled?? Is that is? This one went over my head completely haha. I feel like I'm missing something.

yeah I said stereotypical so that's the judgement of the individual to identify one as such, and yet he accuses of shutting down dialog, oh well, this site is getting pretty boring anyway.
A1tre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:23:05 PM
At 10/31/2016 7:44:40 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Thank You

because "lefty" itself is a label
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:10:35 PM

Thank You

Theres racism more against whites in terms of legal privilege

Minorities are given passes and denied responsibility and given legal privileges such as affirmative action
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:12:39 PM

Elaborate.

Whatta rascist, did you just question TBR (A LIBERAL) on rascism?

Check dat privelege
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 5:16:56 AM
At 10/31/2016 11:12:39 PM, Reformist wrote:

Elaborate.

Check dat privelege

Shut the hell up the both of you. You either didn't read my post, or have no idea what I said.
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 10:41:28 AM
At 11/1/2016 5:16:56 AM, TBR wrote:

Elaborate.

Check dat privelege

Shut the hell up the both of you. You either didn't read my post, or have no idea what I said.

Wait you dont know if im a minority

YOU COULD BE TALKING TO A MINORITY AND YOU SAID SHUT UP

racist
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 10:50:47 AM

If you really want to talk about racism, answer this simple question.

When did racism end in America? As in we know it existed in a major way at the founding and continued on for quite some time, so from there to now when did racism stop having an impact on the lives of minorities?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 12:35:12 PM
At 11/1/2016 10:41:28 AM, Reformist wrote:

Elaborate.

Check dat privelege

racist

If you want to join the big boy discussion, start by reading the post.

I don't care if you or I are minorities. I don't care who is calling who a raciest. Try reading, understanding a little, and get back with me.
Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 2:17:30 PM
At 11/1/2016 12:35:12 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/1/2016 10:41:28 AM, Reformist wrote:

Elaborate.

Check dat privelege

racist

If you want to join the big boy discussion, start by reading the post.

I don't care if you or I are minorities. I don't care who is calling who a raciest. Try reading, understanding a little, and get back with me.

Get trolled kif
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 2:55:41 PM
The truth is.. stereotypes are there for a reason, some are stupid and have no legitimacy, and some are just plainly true. Unfortunately, if a non-minority points out these stereotypes, that person is deemed racist. If a minority points out stereotypes about the majority, it is called comedy. It will always be like this as long as there is a majority, multiple minority communities, and major cultural differences between them.

This will not change any time soon, until we can all laugh about the stereotypical things that we do, instead of getting offended.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 3:49:20 PM
At 11/1/2016 2:55:41 PM, Davery79 wrote:
The truth is.. stereotypes are there for a reason, some are stupid and have no legitimacy, and some are just plainly true. Unfortunately, if a non-minority points out these stereotypes, that person is deemed racist. If a minority points out stereotypes about the majority, it is called comedy. It will always be like this as long as there is a majority, multiple minority communities, and major cultural differences between them.

This will not change any time soon, until we can all laugh about the stereotypical things that we do, instead of getting offended.

very true, not all lions will kill people however who will walk up and pet one? probably not many sane people. I think stereotypes have more to do with a culture than a skin color. A man in a suit regardless of skin color vs someone who looks like a gang member again regardless of skin color which would you rather run into in a dark alley?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 5:08:47 PM
At 11/1/2016 2:55:41 PM, Davery79 wrote:

Well... Somewhat.

Look. Stereotyping, prejudice, bigotry, ethnic basis, all very useful terms in their own right. Where we get all tied in knots is in reacting to the terms.

I say yet again, If someone says you are being bigoted, well deal with it. They may be right or wrong, you might not care if they are right, why get all overwrought.